PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 US Guardians Cash ideas?

terrell707
Jun 11, 2010, 09:21 PM
So we know that Sega is "trying" to bring Guardian Cash items, missions, etc. to our servers but without the need to pay for it. Do you guys have any ideas or thoughts onto how they will bring this about? Personally I hope that they will come up with some ideas that will help the population to move away from White Beast and into older missions that have become barren since AoTI came out.
For example: an idea i had was that they can award players some kind of currency (like tickets or something that can be exchanged for the GC content) at the end of every mission that they run as long as they are a part of the mission run for 90% of the mission time (pretty much the same way that PA frags are given). But they can't get any extra tickets if they run the same mission more than twice. Also once they hit the max amount of runs for a mission, they aren't given any tickets for that mission again until they complete a certain amount of runs on other missions. (so in a sense, run White Beast twice, get two tickets. Run other missions like Sacred Blast, Citadel of Sand, Sleeping Warriors, Seed Express, and Thunder Beasts two times each. Then you are allowed to run White Beast again for more tickets there.)
Then maybe evening adding some more on top of that, if you run every mission on a planet, the player is given a multiplier that allows them even more tickets for every run of a mission on that planet. (so run every mission on Guardians Colony at least once and you are given a x2 mulitplier that gives you two tickets for every mission complete on Guardians Colony).

So idk do you guys have any other ideas that you think would be a great way for Sega to make our servers a little bit different than JP? i know it will proably never happen but hey, its fun to hope and dream. :)

darthplagis
Jun 11, 2010, 10:54 PM
there has been discussion about this kind of mission linking a few times.

and while its a great idea, and would stop the repetative grind you get stuck in at times. i dont think sega give a shit about our servers any more, so i am not even contemplating the cool GC gear we 'could' have had if MS were not such big butt holes , oh and the whining little WB spammers that bawwed over on the sega forums about quitting if we got it :( (just cause they think that the shop rings they had set up would be ruined, when in reality if stuff was account bound then they couldnt buy it cheap off someone who has no idea of its value, then sell it on later).

but enough of my ramblings on money obseesed noobs, some sort of mission reward for completing multiple missions in a row (more complex than a GBR) would be welcomed by most players in this game, we are getting a trade in mission where you trade in certain weapons and food items to gain points to trade in for weapons and units ect, but expect to hand in a load of meat weapons :)

Max B
Jun 12, 2010, 04:34 AM
there has been discussion about this kind of mission linking a few times.

and while its a great idea, and would stop the repetative grind you get stuck in at times. i dont think sega give a shit about our servers any more, so i am not even contemplating the cool GC gear we 'could' have had if MS were not such big butt holes , oh and the whining little WB spammers that bawwed over on the sega forums about quitting if we got it :( (just cause they think that the shop rings they had set up would be ruined, when in reality if stuff was account bound then they couldnt buy it cheap off someone who has no idea of its value, then sell it on later).

but enough of my ramblings on money obseesed noobs, some sort of mission reward for completing multiple missions in a row (more complex than a GBR) would be welcomed by most players in this game, we are getting a trade in mission where you trade in certain weapons and food items to gain points to trade in for weapons and units ect, but expect to hand in a load of meat weapons :)
How is it Microsofts fault? Other games find ways to add these types of things. Place the blame where it belongs Sega!

darthplagis
Jun 12, 2010, 07:44 AM
no microsoft has a policy that microtransactions are to be a 1 time only thing, once you have bought it you keep it. this is against the way sega want GC, they want a new revinue stream that will/would have possibly made more money than the subscriptions.

again MS would not allow sega to make the money with out a cut of it themselves.

but again despite those facts, i agree with you that typically sega does not care about our servers and the whiners on the official forums (which were OUTVOTED in a poll there asking who wanted GC and who didnt) did not help, but when its on the offical forum sega seem to do something.

Max B
Jun 12, 2010, 09:00 AM
no microsoft has a policy that microtransactions are to be a 1 time only thing, once you have bought it you keep it. this is against the way sega want GC, they want a new revinue stream that will/would have possibly made more money than the subscriptions.

again MS would not allow sega to make the money with out a cut of it themselves.

but again despite those facts, i agree with you that typically sega does not care about our servers and the whiners on the official forums (which were OUTVOTED in a poll there asking who wanted GC and who didnt) did not help, but when its on the offical forum sega seem to do something.

Exactly the way Sega wanted it was not in Microsofts "standards" so clearly Sega could have found a way to make it work but the just gave up and did not even bother.

darthplagis
Jun 12, 2010, 09:31 AM
true, but if MS were not such a cunch of bunts then GC 'may' have made it here.

i just hope that we dont get totally screwed by SoJ (again), id like to say the community would speak and cancel accounts if we didnt get adequate updates.... but this has gone on too long and the community let this happen over a year and a half ago.

TheAstarion
Jun 12, 2010, 10:52 AM
My idea was to have a one-off payment to enable the item repairs, element changes/upgrades, and guaranteed grinds all in exchange for a modest amount of meseta.

As for the missions, the "tickets" idea was alright but a little convoluted. Sure, it gives an incentive to not just spam white beast, but a simpler one would be something we have already... PA fragments. White beast is pretty long to get two PA frags, where you can get a decent party together to do Forest Infiltration quicker for 3, or even just get silver badges from Innocent Girl, effectively worth 1PAF each. It's not as if anyone really uses them nowadays, unless they're _really_ new.

Have it like in JP, leader pays or each member pays... a nice way of getting PA frags off the jaded player with fifteen stacks of them and into use doing something good.

Alternatively, increase the rare mission rate and include GC runs as possible rare runs at the GC mission counter.

Oh, and make everything that was GC onry droppable, tradable, sellable, etc. I couldn't begin to imagine how much I'd rage if a buddy who hates gunning jobs with a passion ended up with the steam cannon and NUG2K and couldn't hand them over.

Professor Xavier
Jun 12, 2010, 02:44 PM
Deleted post. Wrong category

Max B
Jun 12, 2010, 04:07 PM
My idea was to have a one-off payment to enable the item repairs, element changes/upgrades, and guaranteed grinds all in exchange for a modest amount of meseta.

As for the missions, the "tickets" idea was alright but a little convoluted. Sure, it gives an incentive to not just spam white beast, but a simpler one would be something we have already... PA fragments. White beast is pretty long to get two PA frags, where you can get a decent party together to do Forest Infiltration quicker for 3, or even just get silver badges from Innocent Girl, effectively worth 1PAF each. It's not as if anyone really uses them nowadays, unless they're _really_ new.

Have it like in JP, leader pays or each member pays... a nice way of getting PA frags off the jaded player with fifteen stacks of them and into use doing something good.

Alternatively, increase the rare mission rate and include GC runs as possible rare runs at the GC mission counter.

Oh, and make everything that was GC onry droppable, tradable, sellable, etc. I couldn't begin to imagine how much I'd rage if a buddy who hates gunning jobs with a passion ended up with the steam cannon and NUG2K and couldn't hand them over.

Pa frag idea=joke

darthplagis
Jun 12, 2010, 04:55 PM
i cant stand the idea of the GC items being tradeable, this was the saving grace to me.

you would play the GC runs with friends, so why not set to finder?

i really hope that sega keeps the account bound side of these items as the game has become way too heavily influenced by player shops, and a certain ring of people are the ONLY ones who have ANY true gain from this way of 'playing'.

RARE items should be that, RARE! findable and useable by the end user. they should be an accomplishment to be kept and used, not traded for virtual money to buy something you would rather have a week or two later. i loved that side of WoW where once you equipped an item it was bound to you, maybe if sega made those weapons bind to account on equip... then you could trade within your party if drops get switched or something. and yeah keep it account bound rather than character bound so you can pop it on another one of your 4 guys.

i am with max on this PA frags while its a cool idea it would not work in any way.

however adding legacy of light as a rare mission would work, however tweaks would need to be made for the single player/multi player routes.

ZIE creations
Jun 13, 2010, 02:38 AM
Wow... I haven't looked at these forums for a wile and I get bored and decide I should look and the second post I see is a post with people complaining about 360 not having to pay for GC items. get over it, It's a good thing wether you see it or not.

darthplagis
Jun 13, 2010, 09:31 AM
zie opinions are like arse holes, we all have em and they all stink.

jaws1475
Jun 13, 2010, 11:36 AM
creatde a set them as a rare mission to win those itams from gg cash

helix.hex
Jun 13, 2010, 02:12 PM
what they could have done was made a transaction page on the official site, to where when you get your id you have a account information page to where you have the opinion of adding money to it so that if you need something you just go on there scroll to what you need, select, confirm, and wait for the confirmation email and chat mail saying the mission is now available to you.

darthplagis
Jun 13, 2010, 02:32 PM
i thought they would do this too helix, but i doubt we will see any of it