PDA

View Full Version : Status effect

Wutmog
Jun 12, 2010, 06:39 AM
When a mob is hit with a status effect, does that effect have to 'run out', before you can hit it with the same effect?

ie. If a creature is shocked, do I have to keep casting on it to 'shock' it, or, do I have to wait till it's status effect disappears.?

darthplagis
Jun 12, 2010, 07:47 AM
you can reapply shock or any other effect, with stun you can see the enemy being un stunned then restunned. the exception is player characters, PC's have to remove the effect before it can be reapplied.

Zoamel_Gustav
Jun 13, 2010, 07:53 AM
When a mob is hit with a status effect, does that effect have to 'run out', before you can hit it with the same effect?

New status effects overwrite old status effects of the same effect. A Shock Trap G, hitting a shocked creature, will reapply a fresh shocked status.

the exception is player characters, PC's have to remove the effect before it can be reapplied.

I do not think player characters are the exception. I know buffs and debuffs overwrite. I think I've seen environmental traps reapply status effects.

darthplagis
Jun 13, 2010, 09:30 AM
I do not think player characters are the exception. I know buffs and debuffs overwrite. I think I've seen environmental traps reapply status effects.

yeah thinking about it like that, that makes sense. just i have never been frozen or stunned then re frozen or stunned while i was still in the 1st effect, i have however had DoT effects switch on my mid way through