PDA

View Full Version : How does everyone have so much money?

Daemon Gildas
Jun 12, 2010, 10:59 PM
I've been playing pretty hard for a couple of days, and I've only managed to put together around 100k. How is everyone tossing around 100-200 *Million* Meseta? :-o

Btw, any chance that Sonic's upcoming "Birthday" will reward any cool house items? Those Sonic statues are making me jealous :P

Megha
Jun 13, 2010, 07:07 AM
You needto run in the right places, hunt the expensive drops, build up ur money...

Blue_Beast
Jun 13, 2010, 05:13 PM
i wonder the same thing but then again... i keep buying clothes sooo... heh

Sinue_v2
Jun 13, 2010, 05:52 PM
I farmed scrolls until I could do A-Rank WB with the masses. So I have a pretty complete compliment of Sranks weapons and don't really need to buy a whole lot more at the moment... and a good night of WB runs will net about 200-300k. More if you get rare missions. Plus, Innocent Girl has some decent money drops for low lvls, and I made quite a bit there farming badges to turn in for PA frags.

Professor Xavier
Jun 13, 2010, 07:22 PM
Open a shop. Search rare item prices. If you are starting out you will not likely need every rare you get. You can sell them. If you are sticking with a certain class. Then certain ingrdients you will not need so sell them. Always search the market before pricing. And market prices go way up and way down. So be sure your price is not to low.

Yin and Yang. Once you become familiar with it it will be like old news.

And yes you will have a few million. 100-200+ million takes a little more savy and work. Mostly patience. You will get there. I would not be in a hurry though. It could be weeks or months before you get those bigger numbers. Put yourself on a budget. You don't need all the best weapons right now. If you want everything to fast you will wind up frustrated even more.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 14, 2010, 12:54 AM
the other thing I'll say is learn to recognize "value."

melee weapons: the difference between 38% and 42% can costs millions.
Ranged weapons: highly ground a-ranks will equal S ranks in terms of ATP and PP. at this point, unground S ranks are realtively cheap.
Tech weapons: here's where things get wacky - you can get a weapon with high TP, or a weapon with night PP. Getting BOTH is expensive, but you really don't *need* both. 10/10 serdotes are a great example of the TP/PP trade off.

bupjo
Jun 14, 2010, 01:29 AM
i've been playing PSU since 2006. so over time i've accumulated quite a bit of meseta. i mostly made meseta from the event drops when we had them, selling what is hot at the moment. i've sold olpads and copernias (they're traded for S rank grinders at the 'Juice Girl' on west parum) and between my 4 characters each having say 89 olpads and 70+ copernias, made me at least 3 to 4 million from each character...and what SolomonGrundy pointed out and many other have posted so far is a great way to make meseta.

NoiseHERO
Jun 14, 2010, 01:32 AM
They should make a sonic based room... *went half off topic because everyone ignored your second question*

If I remember they gave out those statues every year or something...forgot where tails comes from...and the others were from the demo...

neilp4453
Jun 14, 2010, 01:39 AM
Play during events religiously. Seriously, the drop rates are boosted and there are often multiple good drops. Plus, if you are able to solo them...it is even better as you are likely to see drops and get to keep them for yourself. But some missions like MAG+ are a pain to do yourself.

Outside of events, you can hunt for stuff at certain missions such as Armas Line boards are Seed Express. But this could very well take 50-100 runs before seeing one. And even at that, you will only make 50-60mil if you find the board.

Synthing is how I started up getting into the millions. Being new, the logical choice would be to sell any expensive boards you find. Down the road, you should start taking chances. If you make it, it could turn into a 30% piece of trash. Even worse, it could fail. But it could also turn into millions with a 42%+.

Grind S-ranks during a boost. Without a boost, the chances are low. You will most likely exceed the value of an item at 10/10 if you try grinding without a boost. The chances are around 3% of getting to 10. This applies to S-ranks. A-ranks aren't as difficult to grind without a boost.

Invest and hoard. For example, there is a grind boost coming up. People who bought Grinder Base S and S+10s before the boost was announced can now sell these items for more than they bought them for as they are in demand. Hoard items as well. Once you get a grasp of the game, you will realize some items like junaline will always be common. But many items can change in price as new missions and events are introduced. Take har/quicks for example. This unit used to run 1mil. I came back from a hiatus last Summer and they were going for 5mil. Things change in price.

Dealbreaker
Jun 14, 2010, 02:00 AM
Run Forest Infiltration s,s2,s3

S and S2 Drops
[B] Degahna Cannon 7 Mil
Sleep / Resist 500k
Adahna Cannon 100-300k

S3 Drops
Adahna Unit 50 mil
Sleep / Resist 500k
Adahna Cannon 100-300k
[B] Baji-senba
[B] Bajura
[B] Orpa-senba
Gera-senba

Leilla-chan
Jun 14, 2010, 02:18 AM
on the japanese server some ppl even use GC to get money. That means buy a good wep and increase % or grind it and then sell it for a hhigher price. Or Doing gatcha all the time and get some rare clothes. Well but real life money ..:>>

NoiseHERO
Jun 14, 2010, 02:41 AM
^ Sounds like every free to play mmo

SolomonGrundy
Jun 14, 2010, 09:53 AM
oh, another piece of advice.

Do the runs that others DON'T do. I was selling room decoration from Moatoob relics (citadel of sand) fro 500K each. I only found 2, but since no one else was doing that mission, I kinda cornered the market on it.

xBladeM6x
Jun 14, 2010, 10:00 AM
Some people just get very lucky and find extremely rare items on a constant basis. >..>

BIG OLAF
Jun 14, 2010, 10:21 AM
Some people just get very lucky and find extremely rare items on a constant basis. >..>

I wish that wasn't true, but it is, sadly. It's been that way since PSU was first released.

Some people just seem to get everything, while others (myself included), couldn't find a semi-rare item if their life depended on it.

Smidge204
Jun 14, 2010, 10:22 AM
If you've only been playing a couple of days, that means you've still a way to go. The people who are tossing around 100+mil have been playing for months at least.

When you're just starting off, it is worth your while to pick up everything. That includes boxes and trees (you have goggles, right?). Nearly everything you pick up will be junk, so sell it to the NPC for meseta. This is a good way to get extra cash when just starting out.

Open a shop, as someone else suggested (assuming you are able - free play people can't). A well maintained and stocked shop will generate lots of cash. Just about anything that drops in missions that you can't buy from the NPC has shop value, and some of the things that you CAN buy from the NPC has value if you're willing to sell below the NPC price (Ebon comes to mind).

But without a shop option you're kinda stuck grinding and picking up everything you can.
=Smidge=

xBladeM6x
Jun 14, 2010, 10:27 AM
If you've only been playing a couple of days, that means you've still a way to go. The people who are tossing around 100+mil have been playing for years at least.
Fixed. ;P Although there are those people who defy all logical sense and get to where a veteran player is within a few months due to Extremely lucky synthesizing.

Smidge204
Jun 14, 2010, 10:44 AM
I only played PSU for 14 months and managed to get about 700mil (though that included shop). I had about 150mil left when the servers closed. If it takes you "years" maybe you've been dragging your feet :P

=Smidge=

darthplagis
Jun 14, 2010, 11:03 AM
yeah, i have been helping gildas..... hunting S2 is a ways away.. he's in the 20's at the mo so S2 hunting is well out of the way :)

i really dont get everyones obsession with making meseta....... this is not a game where money means anything..... you can still do S rank runs with B rank gear if you want. unless you suck then you feel the need to use 50% 10/10 and all the meseta on the server.

but dont worry gildas you will get cash building up :) dont stress over it dude :)

xBladeM6x
Jun 14, 2010, 11:12 AM
yeah, i have been helping gildas..... hunting S2 is a ways away.. he's in the 20's at the mo so S2 hunting is well out of the way :)

i really dont get everyones obsession with making meseta....... this is not a game where money means anything..... you can still do S rank runs with B rank gear if you want. unless you suck then you feel the need to use 50% 10/10 and all the meseta on the server.
Because to some (myself included) it's fun to set goals for yourself that are above and beyond the norm so that the game stays more interesting longer. If you set them high enough like some people, you'll be playing this game until the servers close.

Also, for TA'ing you need the best / better gear in order to achieve those times. TA'ing is useless in theory but it gives the more outstanding players something to do in terms of competition. I'm sure there are many other reasons why people like getting uber equipment , good or bad intentions, but that's for other people to explain. :-P

darthplagis
Jun 14, 2010, 11:33 AM
yeah longevity is not an issue..... ive been on since firebreak and will be on till the end just like i was with PSO and have not needed to resort to living in player shops.

yeah i understand using good grinds and high %, but its the buying them i dont get. just make them, if you fail make them again..... this is the whole point of the game.....

you go hunt your gear, yeah do the 'odd' bit of trading when you get something you cant/wont use. but dont revolve the game around making enough virtual money to buy a virtual weapon, that will be taken from you when the servers close. just use what you find, if its not good enough try again to get better.

yes i do understand that real life comes into play, but the time people spend 'money making' in game could be spent hunting the gear they want.

is there a certain mission other than the erdel story missions you need to be the fastest? no i dont think so, TA is a player base created thing..... probably to promote the crap they are selling in their shop...... or to add longevity to the 'boring' game they have created for themselves

SolomonGrundy
Jun 14, 2010, 12:14 PM
The reason the economy exists is because of the wide variance with what players find, synth, and grind.

I know many players who have vastly different luck in each of these areas. Why should I suffer because I spent 5 million on A rank grinders and cannot seem to generate A+10? or if my grinding luck sucks, can't I just BUY someone else's 10/10 rather than failing my own time after time?

On the other hand, I have decent luck with Armor - but you still have to synth a bunch to get a decent %. what do I do with all the other armors that make, but are lower? Sell them to the NPC? No thanks - there are plenty of folks who did not make an armor PM, or did not have the luck I did.

xBladeM6x
Jun 14, 2010, 12:26 PM
yes i do understand that real life comes into play, but the time people spend 'money making' in game could be spent hunting the gear they want.
This isn't true for all. I don't see monsters / bosses dropping high %/grind weapons. They drop the [b]'s and if you're anything like me, then you don't synth or grind often at all because your bot hates you, and your luck when grinding (even during boosts with S+10's) is garbage. So you need to find some way to make a lot of money if you want to get the better weapons.

Aside from that, does it matter? You play the way you want, I and others play the way they want. I don't look down on others or say that people who aren't going for high %/grinded weapons are stupid or it's useless, they and myself are just having fun with the game they want to. Most of the people I play with on a daily basis aren't going for "uber" gear. Typically people who are, they are very selfish or just downright assholes, and I don't associate with them.

Edit: Aside from Weapons and Armor, when it comes to Units or anything else for that matter, I will pretty much always hunt for it. However the one unit that hunting just wasn't good enough to get, was the Vijeri Resist. I can only hunt that 300 times before the cut scene is burned into my memory for life and I just buy the damn thing lol.

darthplagis
Jun 14, 2010, 01:29 PM
the thing is there are players who force other players to play a certain way, catching them early and 'teaching' them how to play.

there are also people who critiscise the people who play the way they want and openly claim they are playing the game wrong cause they dont buy all their gear.

i do agree with both of you guys, but i have been concerned about the 'market' aspect of the game since AOTI came out. the focus of the game shifted from running with friends and having fun, getting gear and such to running a shop and having the newest piece of gear 10/10 before anyone else even to the point of almost stealing from friends.

and solomon the point you make about making armours till you get a good % and selling the lower, thats what i mean, when i said sell what you wont/cant use. you are actually hunting the boards and the mats. but do you spam a run till you have the drops to sell then go buy the gear you want? i dont think you do, i think if you have the cash and want something you buy it, rather than run WB till you have a stack and blow it on stuff :)

it does suck when you get rubbish %'s from your bot but there is a system that you can use to push you chances of higher %, obviously it is determined at the point of removal but your bot goes through cycles of certain ranges in %. some times it will make 5 10-20% then make 4 30%+. just pop in junk boards till it makes a cycle into the higher % range. me and my buddies have used the system for years :) it is still luck besed though, but seems to work.

xBladeM6x
Jun 14, 2010, 01:52 PM
the thing is there are players who force other players to play a certain way, catching them early and 'teaching' them how to play.
This part right here is where I will completely agree with you on it being bad. Giving tips on how to make meseta or places to hunt the stuff they want is different. But when they are "teaching" new players that having UBER gear is the only way to play, that's just bull.

BIG OLAF
Jun 14, 2010, 02:03 PM
But when they are "teaching" new players that having UBER gear is the only way to play, that's just bull.

I'm pretty sure that's how the "Elitist D-bag" gene is passed on through PSU generations.

I know what you and darthplagis are saying, however. Tips and tricks on what to hunt for, and how to play in general is a lot different than just saying: "You want to 'have fun'? Don't be a noob. High grinds and percent is all that matters."

xBladeM6x
Jun 14, 2010, 02:23 PM
I'm pretty sure that's how the "Elitist D-bag" gene is passed on through PSU generations.

I know what you and darthplagis are saying, however. Tips and tricks on what to hunt for, and how to play in general is a lot different than just saying: "You want to 'have fun'? Don't be a noob. High grinds and percent is all that matters."
Agreed.

Long story short, everyone plays the way they want, and they play for their own reasons. Weather it be for the uber gear, or just to do world tours of Gurhal, either way people shouldn't judge.

Daemon Gildas
Jun 14, 2010, 03:21 PM
Well, to be honest, the only reason I was concerned about Meseta, is simply because there are so many "cool" weapons. That was what I loved about PSO; not necessarily having some "uber weapon", but things like the Sonic Knuckle or Chainsawd (which darthplagis hooked me up with :D). Best-in-slot or not, I just think cool-looking weapons make the game more fun :)

Anyways, I figure I'm just not gonna worry about Meseta too much; I can easily afford most anything I can actually equip, lol. But maybe later on, I'll be coming back for meseta tips :P

Honeypot
Jun 14, 2010, 04:26 PM
Anyways, I figure I'm just not gonna worry about Meseta too much; I can easily afford most anything I can actually equip, lol.

This right here. By the time you can start using S rank stuff, you will probably have enough to buy some of the lower % ones from player shops. Like a few people have said, running your own shop can make a decent amount of money if you price things right. Even vendor mats will sell if you price them a little under vendor cost. Granted you might not make millions off of it, but some money is better than no money.

Just Logan
Jun 22, 2010, 03:27 AM
i made 12 mill buying olpads & selling them at a higher price..yup that's a lot of olpads.

Just today, i made the worst investment ever of trying to boost the price of olpads by buying every single one of them up to like 45k. Horrible idea, but i made them into grinder bases & made my money back & then some.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 22, 2010, 07:10 AM
I remember way back in the day I used to teach people to Kill the kajiabri (or whatever the minibosses name is) from "rainbow beast" with GREEN weapons (and high grind). This was when if failing a grind = breaking a weapon.

so in a way I was teaching people how to play