PDA

View Full Version : I hate Verizon

TalHex
Jun 13, 2010, 11:38 PM
FACT.

Palle
Jun 13, 2010, 11:39 PM
Me too, except replace 'Verizon' with 'Comcast'.

Leviathan
Jun 13, 2010, 11:46 PM
Verizon can **** **.

Volcompat321
Jun 14, 2010, 12:34 AM
Yea, what they said.

I uh, been with T-Mobile since 1998, when they were Voice-Stream, so I kinda like them. :p

Plus, they've helped me a lot over the years.

Shadowpawn
Jun 14, 2010, 12:38 AM
Verizon can **** **.

Verizon can take $$? I'm sure they already do.

Volcompat321
Jun 14, 2010, 12:40 AM
Yea, they take many $$$$ cause they're cheap sons of betches. :disapprove:

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 14, 2010, 12:47 AM
Me too, except replace 'Verizon' with 'Comcast'.
Even people who don't have Comcast should hate Comcast.

Comcast hates itself, what with changing names of their services to hide that they are Comcast.

Xfinity? Nonono, you are still so very bad.

Verizon can take $$? I'm sure they already do.
2 letter swear vocabulary, not even a listing of one probably.

Learned one from the PSO Language filter that's only 3 letters: zob

Volcompat321
Jun 14, 2010, 12:51 AM
I've never had the "honor" of using Comcast, so I cant say I hate them, but Time Warner (or now referred to as) Brighthouse Networks, isn't sooo bad.

Kinda on the expensive side, but not a horrible coverage for cable, and a couple DVR's.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 15, 2010, 08:13 PM
Comcast service wired tower fell over in San Mateo

Chuck D and Viking Clock King both say:

Fight the Power!

(hippies in the Berkeley trees:

http://www.fearthebeard.org/?p=1176
Hater Tuesdays special: UC tree sitters, I’ve gotta put you on blog blast.

[spoiler-box]Last year, I attended the home opener of the Cal football season. Upon entering the stadium with another Cal alum and Bay Area native, we were approached by a young woman soliciting support for the tree sitters. My companion, who once ran unsuccessfully for District 5 Supervisor in San Francisco, losing to my onetime building-mate Ross Mirkirimi (who, would likely sympathize with the tree sitters, but I digress) split the difference on the talking points. The conversation went something like this.

“You guys want to support the tree sitters?”

“Probably not. But, we hear you. Where are you from?”

“Tennessee originally, but I live nearby and I love walking through this grove.”

“Actually, I’m from Berkeley. Don’t you think that living in the trees might not be beneficial for them? And moreover, this stadium is almost 100 years old and build atop a live earthquake fault, wouldn’t it be a tragedy if lives were lost because it couldn’t be retrofitted?”

“But these trees are sacred.”

“Don’t they abut one of the largest undeveloped tracts of land in the inner Bay Area, one filled with similar groves, and hasn’t the university pledged to redouble efforts to reforest in exchange for what seems a necessary improvement to public saftety? There are 75,000 people walking into this stadium right now. Shouldn’t they be safe? Actually, I’m sorry, this is going to sound rude, but are you a student?”

“Well, I was.”

“Well so were we. We also grew up here. What about those guys in the trees? Any of them from here?”

“Well, I don’t know. Not really, I guess.”

“So what if most of us would like it if they came down?”

“Well, I guess that’s your opinion.”

“Okay, thanks. And good luck. But just understand that we’re okay with you doing this because we want you to be able to speak your mind. But frankly you’re wasting resources. Resources that could plant trees. Resources that could retrofit stadiums and make people safe. Resources that we all need. But we’re going to watch some football now. Y’all need to figure this out and fight a bigger battle.” [/spoiler-box]

you're not doing it right!)

Zeek123
Jun 17, 2010, 11:58 AM
Depending on where you live, Verizon may be the only option of getting decent phone coverage. And Comcast is much much better than AT&T for internet service, and less screwy than DirecTV.

Haters stop hating!

http://teachingyoungchildren.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/swiper.jpg

Outrider
Jun 17, 2010, 01:36 PM
Yeah, Verizon's got pretty good cell phone service in New York.

TalHex
Jun 17, 2010, 09:11 PM
their internet service is shit though

Outrider
Jun 17, 2010, 11:32 PM
their internet service is shit though

Oh yeah, my girlfriend's family had Verizon for TV and internet for a while and while it was generally decent, it wasn't great.

TalHex
Jun 18, 2010, 02:50 AM
when it's up and running it's passable... but their tech support was horrifically unhelpful... this entire mess with the internet being down for me could have been avoided completely if they had done routine maintenance... not to mention their tech support tried repeatably to pin the blame on us. Then again... AT&T did the same when a few years back...

Zeek123
Jun 24, 2010, 01:21 PM
One thing I will say against Verizon, they have got the worst company policies I've ever seen. They've decided to throw customer service out the window. I suppose the bigger the company, the less friendly they are.

Volcompat321
Jun 24, 2010, 04:31 PM
Sometimes that's why I'm glad T-Mobile is #4 on the list of cell phone providers. :wacko:

Seriously, they suck sometimes too.
I was $3 under paying the whole bill, and they shut my god damn phone off for a day, until I got the 3 fucking dollars.
Mind you, my family has been with T-mobile since 1998, when they were Voice-Stream, so I was like "WTF, ARE YOU SERIOUS?! 3 DOLLARS!?!??" when I called them up.

Other than times like that, they've been pretty good to us.
I've never gotten an upgrade for my phone, cause I don't buy phones through T-Mobile, that's just stupid. (Plus, insurance still works, no matter what phone you have).
But should I need an upgrade for a new phone, I can easily get one. Choices from nice phones too!

They are a bit expensive (family plan, 2,000 minutes, all unlimited texts, web and whatever else, for $150 or so). But, it's the cheapest of the 4 major companies.
One phone for T-Mobile, with unlimited text and web, with only 500 minutes is $59.99, so our family plan works out great, cause there's 4 phones on our line.
I only pay $40 for mine, so it works out amazing for me!

Anyway, a friend of mine has been switching from T-Mobile to Sprint, to Verizon, to AT&T, back to Sprint for the last 6 years or so.
The one he's kept the longest was Sprint, and the least was Verizon. He said it was way too expensive, and they treated him like shit. And for only being barely 21, he has amazing credit. Don't ask me how, I don't know!