PDA

View Full Version : White beast= Nazi land

EK Dynomite
Jun 14, 2010, 04:01 PM
Has anyone else noticed the HUGE amounts of swastikas you can find in white beast? It's just kind of disturbing. It's easy to tell the symbols weren't placed on accident.

Volcompat321
Jun 14, 2010, 04:23 PM
Like in the game, or people's characters? :o

Weird, I never noticed this, and I cant get on PSU to see. :/

DarK-SuN
Jun 14, 2010, 04:28 PM
Swastikas in certain cultures do not have the twisted meaning that the Nazi party burned into our memories.
An example being, in the Bleach series, the kanji for "Bankai" is a swastika, Ichigo's katana in bankai form has a swastika for a pommel, etc, etc.
The thing is, the Nazi symbol is an inverted, rotated 45º to the side swastika, not the real, original, "swastika" which could be used as a symbol for protection.

Different cultures, different meanings, it's just the one we remember is the one most burned into our memory.

Sinue_v2
Jun 14, 2010, 04:31 PM
Uh, Nazi Germany didn't originate the Swastika, they co-opted a very old and very venerated symbol which has been used by various cultures since the late paleolithic. It's still used in Japan (I think, maybe Korea also) to denote a buddhist temple.

(Symbols are funny like that; that they mean something to you doesn't mean they symbolize that same meaning to other people/cultures. Another example being the inverted cross. Most people consider that a symbol of satanism due to popular culture, but to catholics, an inverted cross symbolizes humility and reverence when doing the work of Christ. It's known as the Cross of St. Peter, as he was crucified upside down by request since he didn't think he was worthy of being executed in the same manner as his lord)

If you want to talk about Nazi's in White Beast, talk about those buttholes who boot protransers for using traps, boot wartechers for being wartechers, or who boot because your character is black. =/

unicorn
Jun 14, 2010, 04:51 PM
Whoever plays as a CAST has to be a nazi.

Max B
Jun 14, 2010, 05:12 PM
Be serious
Human=Nazi

Dragwind
Jun 14, 2010, 05:29 PM
As previously said, swastikas do have different meanings around the world. I did notice the little swirl like patterns though in WB, never really thought about it though.

darthplagis
Jun 14, 2010, 06:18 PM
they are all over neudiaz, just look at the floor in the city. they have always been there :)

swastika is sadly still used as a symbol of hate, funnily enough AGAINST so called nazi's (protesters often use it as an anti nazi banner). the nazi party used it as both a symbol of hope to the german people (unified europe under a peaceful banner), and as a terrifying mark of the coming change (it was often seen as a turning wheel inverted 45 degrees), constantly on the move like a wheel.

no i am not a nazi i just read my history books at school.

in the PSU world both humans and cat would be seen as nazi like, human for the slavery and such like (damn beasts should still be in chains in the mines) and cast for their militaristic supremacy movments. play story mode if you dont get this.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 14, 2010, 06:55 PM
Whoever plays as a CAST has to be a nazi.

that look less time than I thought.

CAST SUPREMACY!

BoltFromTheBlue
Jun 15, 2010, 05:49 AM
Aren't they REVERSE swastikas, Buddhist holy symbol of Asia?
Neudaiz culture resembles a lot to Asian one, so it is quite likely.

Mysterious-G
Jun 15, 2010, 07:22 AM
Swastikas are an old Hindu sign that can be shown reveresed or not.

If you want to talk about Nazi's in White Beast, talk about those buttholes who boot because your character is black. =/
Wouldn't that be American farmers? :roll:

bupjo
Jun 15, 2010, 02:10 PM
havent seen it much lately but, i remember i was in rykros lobby and it was me and 2 other people there, i was playing solo and i guess these 2 people were there chatting...each time i passed by them they would flash the swastika symbol i suppose to get under my skin cause i am black. i ignored it...but the N-word is being thrown around like it's no tomorrow. i was on parum alone and some dude was trying to shout that out but it kept getting censored, but racists (who are only brave on the internet), will find a way to spell it out with different letter/number combinations...again i just ignored it. thank goodness this game is easy enough to run solo so i dont have to deal with that shit. and i rarely go to populated lobbies because of things like this and why i 100% run solo.

RemiusTA
Jun 15, 2010, 04:47 PM
swastika wasn't always a symbol of the Nazi party.

And do you seriously think these people stuck them in there to be racist?

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jun 19, 2010, 08:21 AM
If you want to talk about Nazi's in White Beast, talk about those buttholes who boot protransers for using traps, boot wartechers for being wartechers, or who boot because your character is black. =/ Ah, so I'm not the only one who at first thought this thread was talking about the White in White Beast.

RemiusTA
Jun 19, 2010, 10:09 PM
HAHAHAHA i've never been booted for having a black character. if someone booted me for being black at White Beast i'd laugh my ass off.

dias_flac_0g
Jun 23, 2010, 03:25 AM
It's funny that someone barely noticed this. I noticed this since back when HSM first started. I was looking at the floor in neu and I told some of my party members "hey don't those things look like Nazi signs to you guys?" They like "oh wow yea hahaha" xD

As for the "racism" thing. I don't think this is the case here but whatever i'll bring it up regardless. During World War 2 japan was pretty much the Germany of Asia. A lil google serach will get you tons of informaion on this assuming you want the full details. They basically commited horrors just as bad (or worse) as the Germans did towards other asian countries mainly china (rape of nanking).

Till this day that's why China has some sort of recentment towards Japan.

Akaimizu
Jun 23, 2010, 12:08 PM
HAHAHAHA i've never been booted for having a black character. if someone booted me for being black at White Beast i'd laugh my ass off.

Me neither. And I'd probably chuckle just as much. Sometimes a situation is so wrong, that there's something funny in it, or in the people.

And China did have a bit of reason for their beef, though I tend not to really address it much. Especially when it came to invasions, it probably felt like an ungrateful child of yours coming back to put you down. Still, considering the weight of those days, I would believe it's still a sensitive issue to some folk.