PDA

View Full Version : So I'm in the Eternal Tower...

Rayvinh
Jun 15, 2010, 07:47 PM
And I find this pretty decent Kerykeion. (lvl 3 light, Pretty decent %'s and beat quake.) And I decide that I'm gonna have a bit of fun, ( I'm using my HUnewm and a little mind mag I've been raising) So i grind it up, slap on my mind mag and a pp recovery, and I go to town with my lvl 10 Foie. I'm actually doing fairly decent damage against nearly everything, I'm only doing on average maybe 50-60 less damage than I would with my hadan bite and I'm using pretty well the same amount of pp. This may make me roll another HUnewm to just use FO weps. It's really fun! Although I could just roll a FOnewm... but hey, quirky, weird builds are more fun than standard ones!

Broken_L_button
Jun 15, 2010, 08:01 PM
Well then, glad to see someone else actually TRY and use the HUnewm/newearl techs. Just be careful in Arca and Dark shrine; most enemies either have different resists or are resistant to everything except Grants/Megid :/

Chukie sue
Jun 15, 2010, 08:15 PM
I like your style :o

I actually ran a FO HUmar build for a while... >_>

It was kinda inspired by how irritating it is to use melee on those rare spiky rolly monsters :/

Rayvinh
Jun 15, 2010, 08:18 PM
HUnewms/newearls are really very balanced if used as techers, mostly because they aren't as squishy as actual forces and they have the highest MST of any non-force class. And they're just plain fun to use!

FOmarRashidi
Jun 15, 2010, 08:19 PM
I like your style :o

I actually ran a FO HUmar build for a while... >_>

It was kinda inspired by how irritating it is to use melee on those rare spiky rolly monsters :/

Yeah, Barta makes them fall a lot faster.

Rayvinh
Jun 15, 2010, 08:23 PM
Btw, I found that newmans' natural pp regen actually stacks with pp recovery units. Fun fact to know if you didn't already!

Broken_L_button
Jun 15, 2010, 08:25 PM
Not to mention HUney is ey--*is shot*

Though, you should still pack a melee and ranged wep JUST in-case; even though Rhojades are vulnerable to barta, spamming it costs too much PP, so using Thriller Combo or Flame Hit is still the best choice. Then again, spamming techs on a HUnewm/newearl just makes you look SO pro...Especially when the Force next to you is using the wrong tech. On a side note, last I checked, one can reach around 1,1-1,2K in MST with the newman hunters.

Chukie sue
Jun 15, 2010, 08:26 PM
Yeah, Barta makes them fall a lot faster.

Oh yes ^^

I was just so pissed at the time - floor 99 of ETSH and I had died several times. I was a low level at the time, hitting roughly 20's. I think I used Emporer Axeon for that room to inflict heat, then used a star slicer that I had found on one of the floors below :/

Btw, I found that newmans' natural pp regen actually stacks with pp recovery units. Fun fact to know if you didn't already!

Oh yes! Try HP recov 5 on a HP build HUcast! It's insanely awesome... Maybe I'll record it.

FOmarRashidi
Jun 15, 2010, 08:36 PM
Not to mention HUney is ey--*is shot*

Though, you should still pack a melee and ranged wep JUST in-case; even though Rhojades are vulnerable to barta, spamming it costs too much PP, so using Thriller Combo or Flame Hit is still the best choice. Then again, spamming techs on a HUnewm/newearl just makes you look SO pro...Especially when the Force next to you is using the wrong tech. On a side note, last I checked, one can reach around 1,1-1,2K in MST with the newman hunters.

Yep, ranged weapons also works on the rolling Dodongos. Also, when I used my old RAmarl on Freeplay for a time, I'll have times where I'm outdamaging the hunters in places like the wetlands and the ruins...and then they pull out the guns and start outdamaging me by 10 to 20 hit points. ^^;

Rayvinh
Jun 15, 2010, 08:46 PM
Which is why I always pack my CelebTachyon gun. Lvl 5 of course. lol

FOmarRashidi
Jun 15, 2010, 09:20 PM
Which is why I always pack my CelebTachyon gun. Lvl 5 of course. lol

Nice. Also, in case the fleshie hunters break out the Black Phobos, show them the PA they should've rolled for by using the art of Mine Sneak spamming.

Rayvinh
Jun 15, 2010, 09:55 PM
Absolutely! Mine Sneak does take awhile to master ( in my case at least! lol,) but it is the most powerful/ useful rifle PA.

Rayvinh
Jun 15, 2010, 10:10 PM
Friends... I have discovered for myself.... BRIGHT SIGN SPAM!!! MUAHAHAHA!!! *cough* *cough* *COUGH* *HACK, HACK* ( IS THAT MY LUNG!?) lol

Broken_L_button
Jun 15, 2010, 10:56 PM
Nice. Also, in case the fleshie hunters break out the Black Phobos, show them the PA they should've rolled for by using the art of Mine Sneak spamming.

Absolutely! Mine Sneak does take awhile to master ( in my case at least! lol,) but it is the most powerful/ useful rifle PA.

This would have made Johnwolf happy...I must agree, Mine sneak makes a rifle (even those that lack Celeb) able to clear a room quickly and easily.

Friends... I have discovered for myself.... BRIGHT SIGN SPAM!!! MUAHAHAHA!!! *cough* *cough* *COUGH* *HACK, HACK* ( IS THAT MY LUNG!?) lol

Just be careful in the rooms with red trap boxes; the range of Bright Sign is deceptively large, so you might waste a trap box by accident. Cutting enemy HP by 50% with them is VERY useful...

Rayvinh
Jun 15, 2010, 11:06 PM
Yay! Found a lvl 3 Gigas in the ET!

Chukie sue
Jun 16, 2010, 09:53 AM
Yay! Found a lvl 3 Gigas in the ET!

Very nice, any %'s?

Rayvinh
Jun 16, 2010, 01:31 PM
just some acc adj. 35 i think. but still, a lvl3 gigas!

mMarikom
Jun 16, 2010, 01:46 PM
...I wish I was you...

Chukie sue
Jun 16, 2010, 02:18 PM
just some acc adj. 35 i think. but still, a lvl3 gigas!

That's better than most of mine :O

It's kinda annoying, one of my Gigas' has insane %'s, but a level 1 element :/

Rayvinh
Jun 16, 2010, 02:33 PM
yeah, I'd rather have my lvl3 with acc. than one with awesome %'s and no lvl. I mean say you have 30% in everything with no lvl. and you have a lvl 3 celeb with none. with an element bost you'll be doing more damage with lvl 3 0%'s. Anyway, it's the strongest Double saber I have!

Broken_L_button
Jun 16, 2010, 04:04 PM
...Careful now...OR I'LL BE OBLIGED TO GIVE YOU AN OFFER THAT WILL FORCE YOU TO TRADE ME THAT GIGAS!!

Juuuust kidding. Good job on finding that; I can safely say that you've obtained one of this game's most godly weps.

Rayvinh
Jun 16, 2010, 04:28 PM
NOOO!!! NOT MY GIGAS!!! lol. Yeah I was pretty surprised when it dropped. I went to the box and found SoulGigas Romulus. I didn't get excited because my luck with element lvls isn't the greatest, but after I saw lvl 3 that was it, this is my new main weapon!