PDA

View Full Version : PSU Supplimental update - how will it affect you?

Aeris the techer
Jun 16, 2010, 03:44 PM
Tell us what you'll do for the next few weeks after we get all those new goodies. How will it change what you're doing right now? What are you looking forward to the most?and what's the first thing you are going to try and find on day one?
Let's hear it!!

BIG OLAF
Jun 16, 2010, 03:54 PM
I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread:

Just doing some random S2 mission, trying to get AEXP for GAS. So, I guess it really won't change what I'm doing right now (except for the "getting AEXP" part, obviously).

As to what I'm looking forward to, that would be the new clothes. I spend more money/time on clothing than anything else, so I'm a little excited about that stuff.

Max B
Jun 16, 2010, 03:58 PM
Supplemental.
Most likely running r/ missions with my friends.
Also, customizing my characters. And grinding a bunch of stuff.

pikachief
Jun 16, 2010, 04:16 PM
Im gonna do /r missions until me and my friends are sick of them lol then hit the cap and get AEXP for GAS stuff at SEED Express :D

I cant wait for new clothes! Clothes are always my favorite updates :P

ZIE creations
Jun 16, 2010, 04:23 PM
Honestly i don't think much will change. Besides hunting new items and doing r/ missions, I'll still just be wandering around planets killing innocent beings.

JFKdj
Jun 16, 2010, 04:29 PM
Clothes are always my favorite updates.

I agree with this, new clothes are the only thing I look forward to on this game anymore.

Gahnik
Jun 16, 2010, 04:58 PM
Definitely looking forward to the new clothes / parts (more the parts for me, since I play Casts)

Orrefe
Jun 16, 2010, 05:13 PM
I'll play for free.

Shit. I just want that final achievement for completion D: I hope it'll be doable in free play [Dark God S2 I mean]

str898mustang
Jun 16, 2010, 05:31 PM
I'll play for free.

Shit. I just want that final achievement for completion D: I hope it'll be doable in free play [Dark God S2 I mean]

Xbox360 is not getting the Free Course aka Free Play

RemiusTA
Jun 16, 2010, 05:52 PM
The only way it'll really affect me is by letting me know just how far behind we really are.

TheAstarion
Jun 16, 2010, 07:52 PM
I'll be playing /R missions on my new account, and probably be the only lv50 Wartecher with whips at 40.

I guess I'll still be pretty much excluded from AT/GM/GM/GM party setups though! ^.^'

XbikXBd
Jun 16, 2010, 09:29 PM
I'll be playing /R missions on my new account, and probably be the only lv50 Wartecher with whips at 40.

I guess I'll still be pretty much excluded from AT/GM/GM/GM party setups though! ^.^'

With GAS this will take some time at least 20ap for that to max whip aslo 1AP= 500,000AEXP

I agree with this, new clothes are the only thing I look forward to on this game anymore.

You guys kno that the only new clothes at begining are the single bikini for both genders and other out fits are a long way from now seeing the whole no Photon crystals Exchange will be coming to the US servers.

darthplagis
Jun 17, 2010, 01:54 AM
we cant assume that we are getting the same updates in the same order as japan did, if that were the case we would have had the stuff a year ago.

edward said we would be getting more than JP did on release, so noone knows what we are gettin yet.

XbikXBd
Jun 17, 2010, 04:24 AM
we cant assume that we are getting the same updates in the same order as japan did, if that were the case we would have had the stuff a year ago.

edward said we would be getting more than JP did on release, so noone knows what we are gettin yet.

It does not even matter all the new clothes are from GC and titles so yah......

Max B
Jun 17, 2010, 06:10 AM
It does not even matter all the new clothes are from GC and titles so yah......
Lol I was going to say the same thing but I did not want to hurt there feelings.

darthplagis
Jun 17, 2010, 06:49 AM
yeah i know what drops where and from what and titles and such on JP side.

but come on, NOBODY can say what and when and even how the EU/US server will get anything. so basing assumptions on what JP got is worse than being optimistic.

i gave up expecting even sidedness with JP back when MAG 1/one up cup (mech glitch etc slowed our side down) fiascos happened. the gear i really want is from both GC (legacy of light) and drops also, the GC gear i am not holding my breath for but the drops should be pretty soon, if not sega WILL loose a big chunk of cash as people will finally give up comletley.

anyone who is expecting miracles however will be sadly disappointed.

Max B
Jun 17, 2010, 07:25 AM
I'll play for free.

Stop being cheap.

darthplagis
Jun 17, 2010, 07:30 AM
£/$ 7/10 is it really that much if you must have falz s2? LOL

Orrefe
Jun 17, 2010, 07:47 AM
Xbox360 is not getting the Free Course aka Free Play

...seriously? That's pretty balls.

Delete
Jun 17, 2010, 07:49 AM
It's gonna affect me because I quit and now I'm getting PSU urges again.

darthplagis
Jun 17, 2010, 08:37 AM
so just resub, it wont take long to get back into things. even if you sold all of your gear when u quit.

and free course has restrictions, no room means nocommon box or pm, and to those people who buy everthing they use no playershops.

im glad there will be no free course, just play the demo if you are that cheap.

Delete
Jun 17, 2010, 08:50 AM
I would, but I gave away a lot :wacko:

about 800mil to some people on these forums, 10/10 snac,snake, pakudac and my 46% 8/8 Mungunruk. And I deleted character for good measure.

Now for my good stuff...well.....a 10/10 adahna and a 10/10 spread given to my friend who recently quit too should answer that. :(

No startin over for me.

darthplagis
Jun 17, 2010, 09:52 AM
well its just like startin a new game again :)

i feel your pain though, i was banned in the grinder glitch days. i did it out of disbelief that they left it there i did one batch of grinders and sold them to NPC and dropped cash i got for good measure........... still didnt get my account back to this day, yet peolple who made alt accounts and spammed the sega forums till they all got the accouts back.

but yeah, have fun if you do decide to resub, im sure some friends would either give you some gear or help you get gear.

Max B
Jun 17, 2010, 11:22 AM

about 800mil to some people on these forums, 10/10 snac,snake, pakudac and my 46% 8/8 Mungunruk. And I deleted character for good measure.

Now for my good stuff...well.....a 10/10 adahna and a 10/10 spread given to my friend who recently quit too should answer that. :(

No startin over for me.

Thats why if I ever "quit" I will be keeping all my stuff on my account.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 17, 2010, 03:50 PM
I'm a quitter (over a year) who has returned. All my friends (but one) have moved onto other games, sadly.

ON TOPIC:
I have been synthing and grinding like mad.
I calculated DFPs for all my characters and found which 7-8* armors they can wear. In the case of Plains overlord/R a high % is a priority, so I have purchsed a whole bunch of head, arm, extra (mich-senba, etc) boards.

On the weapons front I am buying 10/10 A-rank ranged weapons. Since several jobs can only use A rank weapons and there is a 10/10 special power, I thought these the safest bet.

I am synthing 7, 8, 9* weapons - mostly only for my characters (42% ice Vishic, baybe!). also buying some up some undervalued weapons (swords) that have good percents. With the majarra nerf, and the buff of the sword PA (coupled with the high ATP of Swords), I think they will be usefull in the expansion.

I contemplated mass synthing GRM twin daggers but they are fugly. I really should do it because Par ebon is a joke.

Lasty, i have been halfheartedly trying to level my main, a beast fortefighter, to 180. he is 130. Yeah...I need an XP boost item...BADLY.

darthplagis
Jun 17, 2010, 04:02 PM
yeah i am doing the same solomon, but for me its crea daggers :) tenora ones have CRAZY atp and the pp regen from attacking multiple monsters at the same time will even out those missions that you cant use PC's.

i already have my twin varista's 10/10 (the PP is INSANE) and a set of rubys 10/10. i just need my slicers done and im set for acrofighter :) (i have my photon claws 10/10 and just need a few A rank single daggers since i use them and A rank rcsm)

TierrenZX
Jun 17, 2010, 05:19 PM
I will probably check out the clothes/Parts if any... run around the reject serv...er I mean Universe 1, do a backflip, check out some of the missions before getting bored and then quitting eventually.

But I will pretty much hold judgement till we actually get the update though.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 17, 2010, 05:27 PM
yeah i am doing the same solomon, but for me its crea daggers :) tenora ones have CRAZY atp and the pp regen from attacking multiple monsters at the same time will even out those missions that you cant use PC's.

i already have my twin varista's 10/10 (the PP is INSANE) and a set of rubys 10/10. i just need my slicers done and im set for acrofighter :) (i have my photon claws 10/10 and just need a few A rank single daggers since i use them and A rank rcsm)

Good to know on the crea front. I will have to look at creas more closely as single daggers are pretty great.

I need one set of twin ruby's and one set of deathmakers. I did not like the look of twin varistas
enough for a fortegunner.

Akaimizu
Jun 17, 2010, 05:45 PM
It'll get me to start getting back to PSU, full time. I've been spending much of my time, playing other stuff, but I never officially quit, ever. That is the account is still running, even if I've been rarely playing it as of late. Though of course, just because I've played less of PSU doesn't mean I've played less of Phantasy Star. Zero and PSP2 have been occupying my time, as well.

darthplagis
Jun 17, 2010, 07:26 PM
Good to know on the crea front. I will have to look at creas more closely as single daggers are pretty great.

I need one set of twin ruby's and one set of deathmakers. I did not like the look of twin varistas
enough for a fortegunner.

yeah for single A rank daggers i'd just stick with blumiers if you can get the grinds. twin daggers you get plenty of hits to add up even with basic X strikes (more with creas obviously), which all add up on the PP regen. if you can get to use S rank crea+ with 3 grinds they are pretty much the same as tamagiri-zashi :) but people get rid of them for like 100-200k lol

i cant stand the noise of rubies, but varista i love both in looks and noise levels and the PP (1300) at 10 is crazy.

pikachief
Jun 17, 2010, 10:32 PM
Our party was playing with Edward today and he told us a small interesting tid-bit of info about the update that im very surprised he hasnt mentioned yet!

Instead of just saying what it is, i'll just wait and see when he actually tells everyone lol its not too big of a thing XD

DragonStriker
Jun 17, 2010, 11:12 PM
Now on topic:

No startin over for me.

I just decided to add that I quit the PC/PS2 servers about 6 months before their end where I left behind (perhaps) the most valuable account in meseta and gear. When I joined 360 it took me about 3 months to get my Figh Master Gear to 46%+ and atleast somewhat competitive to the elite players on that server for MAG+. Sadly I missed a large portion of MAG+ TAing but the gear I had managed to gather in 3-4 months had allowed me to keep around the top 10 to top 20 for a large portion of the event. So my point is it's much easier to start over when you have played the game before which allows rather quick recovery to what you had previous.

xBULLYDOGG
Jun 18, 2010, 07:45 AM
SuppUp will only effect me in these ways.
1. Titles ftw
2. New clothes ftw
3. New weapons for my fighmaster ftw
4. Titles ftw
5. Titles that can troll ftw
6. Item lock ftw
7. Line shield switching trolling shortcuts ftw
8. Gold bars ftw
Theres more but the consist of my love for trololololing titles

Delete
Jun 18, 2010, 10:08 AM
So my point is it's much easier to start over when you have played the game before which allows rather quick recovery to what you had previous.

Your probably right, but I honestly don't have the time anymore. And God forbid me starting another Thread like I did with the Spread Needle Leaderboards a while back.

Since ya probably don't know what that thread was about, I was complaining on not having enough time to play non-stop and staying in the top 500 or whatever it was. People said I was bitchin and stuff. So I don't want another leaderboard event to come out and the same thing happens because now I really don't have the time. Even though that's not really the reason, I just got bored and felt like typing probably.

unicorn
Jun 18, 2010, 10:26 AM
Anything is easy if you have a capped character. Just buy cheap stuff and slowly move back up.

I had to start from scratch on the JP servers after PC servers closed down. I'm doing fine I think.

Aeris the techer
Jun 18, 2010, 02:06 PM
Well, I know bullets are pretty rough to level (and no offense to hunters) but most of the striking PA's are pretty easy. Now in my case, I leveled all of the techs to lv50 just as soon as it was possible a while back and let me say that I'd NEVER put that much effort back into this game ever again if I were to ever quit. (megiverse is a b**ch) and quite frankly, now days, there is no point in bothering because no one can see them anyway... But that's another topic...
On topic:
I can say that I really can't wait for some new clothes to make some awesome new outfits and I really hope we get some better looking weapons that have all of those cool effects we all want to see when you use it ;D
(it's about time masterforce get more hp......)

DragonStriker
Jun 18, 2010, 06:32 PM
Well, I know bullets are pretty rough to level (and no offense to hunters) but most of the striking PA's are pretty easy. Now in my case, I leveled all of the techs to lv50 just as soon as it was possible a while back and let me say that I'd NEVER put that much effort back into this game ever again if I were to ever quit. (megiverse is a b**ch) and quite frankly, now days, there is no point in bothering because no one can see them anyway... But that's another topic...
On topic:
I can say that I really can't wait for some new clothes to make some awesome new outfits and I really hope we get some better looking weapons that have all of those cool effects we all want to see when you use it ;D
(it's about time masterforce get more hp......)

Whereas gunning and teching takes longer to level the PAs the striking weapons are much more annoying. For example to be an elite gunner *currently* you would want all the bullets capped and a couple or maybe 3 of a gun type (Maximum) at 10/10. This is if you were TAing obviously, whereas with fighter you could possibly need 24 to 36 weapons which at 50% and 10/10 would be that much harder to acquire. So the difference is starting over each class has it's perks and everything but in my opinion it takes more effort to become the (best) fighter in terms of gear than it would for other techer or gunner.

pikachief
Jun 18, 2010, 09:46 PM
Wow, sorry if i offended anyone by wanting to see what how Edward was gonna distribute his own information amongst the public. >.>

Like I said its nothing special just that when we get the title update we need to re-download the expansion. I'm sorry i hurt your feelings so much by saying that he had something to tell us all soon >.>

actually GMs do that all the time now that I think about it lol "More info coming soon!" bassically what I said, I just wanted to see an official announcement :P

XbikXBd
Jun 19, 2010, 04:10 AM
and also Ty for the info about needing to redownload the Expantion but does that mean we need to buy again or there will be a all new one with sup stuff?

Jesseph
Jun 19, 2010, 08:35 AM
It all looks sweet. I'll be enjoying the changes to the classes and skills I use, and I'll try out the new GAS stuffs.

pikachief
Jun 19, 2010, 05:25 PM
and also Ty for the info about needing to redownload the Expantion but does that mean we need to buy again or there will be a all new one with sup stuff?

I think its the same download so it'll be free :) Idk y we need to redownlaod it... technical issues im sure :P

BIG OLAF
Jun 19, 2010, 05:28 PM
when we get the title update we need to re-download the expansion.

I have a hard time believing that Edward would only tell you and your friends about this, and nobody else.

I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just saying that I'll believe that when I see it.

Max B
Jun 19, 2010, 05:29 PM
I have a hard time believing that Edward would only tell you and your friends about this, and nobody else.

I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just saying that I'll believe that when I see it.

I'm saying he is a liar.
Its probably something we already know.

pikachief
Jun 19, 2010, 09:27 PM
well thats another reason i didnt wanna say, cuz i'd be accused of being a liar :)

If u want u can ask, i'll ask again to make sure myself actually :P

RemiusTA
Jun 19, 2010, 11:37 PM
it doesnt matter if he told us or not.

Edward said it. Regardless of if he officially announces it or not, there is always a 55% chance he lied anyway.

Aeris the techer
Jun 20, 2010, 01:45 PM
Lol wouldn't it be nice if we got a whole new expansion?
Oh... Right, that would never happen... And if it did, I would eat my controller

blazingsonic
Jun 20, 2010, 04:17 PM
Woot fake interview time!!!
PSOW: The PSU suppliment update, how will this effect you?
Me: Well Trina, Melina and Bertha (My beast) Will all be getting updated looks, Trina will be thicken out some and have a height increase, Melina I hopefully will not have that beard that's seen in PSP2 for female casts, If new clothing will be added then I will surely be giving them new styles, as well as hair style, since I came from the PS2 servers it's gonna be some time before my girls can enter the advanced missions but hopefully I'll find some people willing to help out.

pikachief
Jun 20, 2010, 04:59 PM
it doesnt matter if he told us or not.

Edward said it. Regardless of if he officially announces it or not, there is always a 55% chance he lied anyway.

I actually wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if he responds to my msg with "oh no I never said that" :P Re-downloading the expansion actually doesnt even make any sense lol