PDA

View Full Version : TV Broke?

redroses
Jun 16, 2010, 03:54 PM
So, my TV has been having this weird problem off going old school 3D, like in this image(I almost wanted to buy me some old school 3D glasses to see if the tv would really have a 3D effect, lol.):

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/redBallon/Random/how-an-anaglyph-works-copy.png

The problem is, that it's not going away anymore since today. It used to go back to normal when I turned of the tv for a while, but now nothing :c

I really have no idea what this could be or what caused it. What makes it even weirder is that it's not the whole tv screen. A small part on the left side of the tv is totally unharmed, doesn't have the problem at all.

Anyway, I'd be extremely freaking happy if anybody could give me some kind of help of what's wrong. Because I do not want to order some mechanic that'll take half away my money just for coming and looking at the tv and then telling me lies about what is all broken(even if it's not, just to get more money) and that it will cost me all my money and my kidneys to get it fixed and I'd best be off with getting a new one>:c I won't get a new tv, they are all way too expensive atm. Also my tv is giant, I will never have the money to get me a tv in that size again with the current prizes.

Work again tv D:<

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 16, 2010, 04:20 PM
Go ahead and venture forth off PSOW to check out if this problem is being experienced by others.

Lil bro with a $600 Samsung, supposedly a good major brand, crapped out recently.

He researched how its not such a great brand apparently, and both official repairs could be over a $100, then found some techies with a quick fix that cost a total of about $5. Roommate was a solder expert and helped him do the CPU/Motherboard chip attaching.

Best of luck.

amtalx
Jun 16, 2010, 09:44 PM
Keep an eye out for deals of the week. I got an LG LH90 (one of the best reviewed LED tvs) for about $800. It's usually at least $1300.

AzureBlaze
Jun 17, 2010, 12:46 AM
Is your TV one of those thick, older CRT screens?
If it is, then it is prob. on the way out. I had one like that and it got "The Red" on the top of it, and the rest was fine. Then, the red got 'the green' surrounding it and then, one day it wouldn't switch on any more. It was like 10 years old or something and had a lot of use though. At the start 'the red' would not come unless it was on for like an hour.

And TV prices are set to fall.
3D is going to get more competition as actual media for your tv shows up in 3D making people want to watch, and more companies will get into competing. That, will then drive down the price of 'non-3D' because incapable TVs will be less appealing. Plasma screens are plummeting right now, CompUSA & TigerDirect have some insane deals if you watch.

Plasma: it leaks out! Veeery slowly, but in like 10 years your color won't be so bright.
BUT it is better for viewing 3D than LEDs. So hit & miss.

You can probably tell I am researching the buying of a MASSIVE 3D capable tv. Once video games go 3D they're not going back free playstation upgrade to 3d this summer w000

NegaTsukasa
Jun 18, 2010, 12:27 AM
your Cyan and Red colors in your your TV's picture tube are way off balance and not centered. I know that much. I do believe on those old TV's you would have to modify the color intensity and so forth in the menu.
If it is pretty old, I have heard from time to time that Tv's will lose certain colors., leaving whats left to go wild and fancy on the screen. I once had a purple screen with heavy red bleeding every where on my old TV I borrowed way back.
I'm no television expert. so that's about as much as I can say.
chances are, it's time for a new TV no matter what.

NeonaPulsar
Jun 18, 2010, 01:48 AM
I'd aggree, I'm not a TV expert either... and it may be time for a new one.

BUT, just for the kicks, try out the 3D glasses idea, who knows, you might have the first old school 3D TV... LOL

NegaTsukasa
Jun 21, 2010, 02:45 AM
I'd aggree, I'm not a TV expert either... and it may be time for a new one.

BUT, just for the kicks, try out the 3D glasses idea, who knows, you might have the first old school 3D TV... LOL

that would be hardcore. oh yes, and...

tried it out with my pair of glasses. your red an blue balance is too far apart from the central
item. it cooperates with the glasses, but it does not give a solid 3D effect. it would actually hurt your eyes and make them strain/ go cross eyed a little.
and believe it or not, your thick red and blue borders are not actually touching each other/ overlapping, if not that, but just barely.
they need to be overlapping with a certain level of space in between the edge of the colors to get the full on effect.

redroses
Jun 21, 2010, 07:33 AM
Thank you for all the replies everybody.

I had a mechanic come over, after calling a couple and there was only a smal chip broken inside of the tv and now it is working again.

I have a projection tv, there three lights inside that project three images(in the colors red, green and blue) on a mirror inside of the tv which reflects the images combined on to the screen.
I had no idea my tv was so amazing in the inside. It looked pretty awesome.

And except that little chip, my tv is in perfect condition :3 yay!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 21, 2010, 07:04 PM
Entire large machines going haywire from an errant buggy chip. Definitely another in the long line of those cases.

I had no idea my tv was so amazing in the inside. It looked pretty awesome.

And except that little chip, my tv is in perfect condition :3 yay!Cool you got a peek inside and enjoyed it too.