PDA

View Full Version : Play time - do you care about it?

Cruciarius
Jun 16, 2010, 07:26 PM
Getting ready to play and was looking at my character play time (amount of time I've played them) and got me thinking... does the play time matter to you?

To me... not that much. Sure, I like seeing if I can hit lvl X in less time than another character of mine, but aside from that, no. I don't really care much on play time.

Galax
Jun 16, 2010, 08:04 PM
I really only care about playtime when someone tries to say that playing for 500 hours makes you Pro.
I then point out that on psoxbox, ONE of my characters had 3k+ hours.
In total, I had over 7000, probably. PSOXbox was one of the few original xbox games I played.
But other than that..No, I don't. It DOESN'T make you pro, it just makes you feel pro. But, later on, you realize that those 7k+ hours you spent? Yeah, just wasted.
(That's more a joke on myself, haha.)

Cruciarius
Jun 16, 2010, 08:45 PM
Don't have a GC anymore to check my PSO characters. My younger brother has one though and he's borrowing my games, until I get a Wii (it can play GC games). I put... hundreds of hours into my HUnewearl on that one.

For PS0, my FOnewearl is around 160 hours and my HUnewearl around 60 hours.

I don't think longer play time means anything other than you enjoying the game.

kirtblue
Jun 17, 2010, 06:00 AM
i actually care a great deal about it because it shows how much im getting out of it compared to other phantasy star titles and being a very dedicated fan it also tells me what kinda player you are if you got x amount of hours

Razor (Blue)
Jun 17, 2010, 06:58 AM
Wait what it keep a track of your play time [check his game] well I be so it does. Yeah I don't care about the play time for me play time has about has much use has a pile of dust. Which is none at all sure great if you trying to speed run but apart from that I don't even notice it's there.

Cruciarius
Jun 17, 2010, 09:40 AM
it also tells me what kinda player you are if you got x amount of hours

I don't see it that way. Hundreds of hours on a character could mean the user left their DS on, sitting in the town area, not doing anything. To me, hours WITH some nice rares, shows that you're an experienced player (unless you have an AR, then you're a newb). ^^;

Macman
Jun 17, 2010, 11:38 AM
I don't see it that way. Hundreds of hours on a character could mean the user left their DS on, sitting in the town area, not doing anything. To me, hours WITH some nice rares, shows that you're an experienced playerWhat about the poor souls who play a ton and don't magically fall in favor of the Random Number God?

Galax
Jun 17, 2010, 11:53 AM
What about the poor souls who play a ton and don't magically fall in favor of the Random Number God?

Then you make that exact argument and make sure you get your point across that you don't have nice things because you can't seem to find them?

Cruciarius
Jun 17, 2010, 12:00 PM
Some people are just not lucky and it'll show in their finds. It's not that big of a deal, but I'd rather be like that and not have an AR and all the "best" items just minutes into the game.

Broken_L_button
Jun 17, 2010, 12:16 PM
I only use play time to give myself a Time-attack leveling challenge. Right now, my best time is 50 levels in 12-15 hours. Though, I've stopped doing that since it requires a new char all the time :/

Cruciarius
Jun 17, 2010, 12:44 PM
You could do Time-attack ET challenge. Make note of your total play time, then see what it is when you're done. Then do the math and try to beat it the next time.