PDA

View Full Version : So I played PSU for the first time...

Raikomaru
Jun 16, 2010, 11:17 PM
:disapprove: Seriously, I'm embarassed for the Phantasy Star series... :disapprove:

NegaTsukasa
Jun 17, 2010, 12:35 AM
ha! I'm not even slightly surprised at this one.
just hang out around the old PSO stuff if it gets to ya. keh?
It'll all be ok there. :)

now lets hold hands and walk across the street away from PSU. :)

Weeaboolits
Jun 17, 2010, 12:53 AM
You're a little late to the party there, chief.

Hatrix
Jun 17, 2010, 01:02 AM
Hey man we've all been there! The transition from PSO to PSU is pretty rough. But If you can grin and bear it until you get to AOI you may start to see how amazing this game "Should have been"

Nitro Vordex
Jun 17, 2010, 01:05 AM
"Should have been" does not make up for "suck right now".

Palle
Jun 17, 2010, 01:09 AM
I'll probably sound like an old crank, but I really wish they'd go back to the Fantasy + Star Wars visual feel that the original games had.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 17, 2010, 01:22 AM
I'll probably sound like an old crank, but I really wish they'd go back to the Fantasy + Star Wars visual feel that the original games had.
Bring in new era stuff if it can work too, exampler:

Tony/Stark++

Photon --- Cannon!!!

Outrider
Jun 17, 2010, 01:31 AM
Not to downplay Palle's request for the original Phantasy Star vibe (which was pretty cool), but I think the PSO style was also unique and awesome and I miss it.

PSU has always looked too much like a generic PS2 JRPG, and I remember posting here how similar it looked to the latest Star Ocean when it was first shown.

Palle
Jun 17, 2010, 02:04 AM
I think the PSO style was also unique and awesome and I miss it.
Yeah, at least PSO felt somewhat like a visual successor to the earlier PS games [to me anyway], and introduced some elements that maintained a PS vibe. PSU definitely feels like the title that lost its way, but I still prefer its gameplay to PSO's.

Bring in new era stuff if it can work too, exampler:

Tony/Stark++

Photon --- Cannon!!!
That would be real CAST supremacy.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 17, 2010, 02:13 AM
Lost another one to Monster Hunter Tri-Tech

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=57270

Go go back to POWER RANGERS!

Weeaboolits
Jun 17, 2010, 05:14 AM
The only PSU series title that's really worth your time is Portable 2, but that's not out here yet. I can't speak for the story (I would assume the story's just as awful as the rest of PSU's, but I can't read much Japanese, so I won't actually know until the US version comes out), but the gameplay was quite solid. Force is a little difficult though.

Also PSP2's retaining its online play when they localize it, which will be awesome.

AlexCraig
Jun 17, 2010, 02:57 PM
Hey man we've all been there! The transition from PSO to PSU is pretty rough. But If you can grin and bear it until you get to AOI you may start to see how amazing this game "Should have been"

Tried PSU. Did not like it.
Tried AOI. Better than PSU, but not as good as PSO, imo.
Tried PSZ. A lot like PSO and I like. Don't play it as often as I probably should, but I like.
Tried PSO - AHA! A game I like a lot and play constantly!

Palle
Jun 17, 2010, 03:00 PM
Tried PSO - AHA! A game I like a lot and play constantly!
If there were more people like this on GC, I'd be playing right now.

Raikomaru
Jun 17, 2010, 06:59 PM
Well, I'm a little bored with ver.2 on DC, but I'll be playing BB once I get a laptop, so that'll pretty much entirely recharge my PSO battery.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 17, 2010, 11:41 PM
If there were more people like this on GC, I'd be playing right now.
I was set to go and Lance corrupted. But I should have started up to help him get back into it if he was choosing to.

Nevertheless that fell through. BBA is unopened. Still PSO offline hunts and things to do, backburner.

Palle
Jun 18, 2010, 02:32 PM
I was set to go and Lance corrupted. But I should have started up to help him get back into it if he was choosing to.

Nevertheless that fell through. BBA is unopened. Still PSO offline hunts and things to do, backburner.
My main is LV 24; if you ever change your mind, you know where I be.

Sayara
Jun 18, 2010, 08:04 PM
Hating on PSU was so 5 years ago bro

Raikomaru
Jun 18, 2010, 10:31 PM
Well, I don't have a 360 of my own, and my friend just let me borrow his, so I thought it might be a prime opportunity to check it out. Luckily for me, Family Video had a 'Rent 1, Get 1' thing going on, so I was allowed to enjoy Mirror's Edge to make up for PSU.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 18, 2010, 10:34 PM
There are people on this very site who def. enjoy them some Mirror's Edge despite gun fumbles. Good choice. Parkour baby... with jumps before the looks!

Raikomaru
Jun 18, 2010, 10:42 PM
Yea, I completely forgot about the game until I saw it at the video store. I loved it and some of the things you had to get to the top of were ridiculous. The only problem I had was occasionally not hitting the exact right spot when I had to grab something and then having to go climb way up and jump at it again. It was a little short, I rented it on Wednesday and beat it Thursday night, but I'd give it a solid 9/10 simply for the super-fun gameplay.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 18, 2010, 10:52 PM
That HUmar silver hair black Sephiroth outfit type man related thread just won't stay down!

Limited time my foot.