PDA

View Full Version : PSU So, I got to thinking...

xBladeM6x
Jun 19, 2010, 04:15 PM
Assume for a moment that we get all the GC content on our servers, weapons, armors, etc etc... along with the % and grinding upgrade features. You don't use any real money to do any of this, you just use in game assets and items. How this would be done is not the question, the question is, assuming all of the above was to be true, wouldn't that technically make the Xbox servers the best to play on?

Discuss, but please keep it civil and don't argue... to much. ;-)

BIG OLAF
Jun 19, 2010, 04:32 PM
Well, all things considered: Yes.

It would be broken down to a simple: all of that content for free (360 servers), or not (JP servers)?

But, I'm sure the many people who have decided to migrate to the JP servers will attempt to argue the point, somehow. Possibly on how we're not the "favorite" customers, or some of the usual banter.

str898mustang
Jun 19, 2010, 04:33 PM
Assume for a moment that we get all the GC content on our servers, weapons, armors, etc etc... along with the % and grinding upgrade features. You don't use any real money to do any of this, you just use in game assets and items. How this would be done is not the question, the question is, assuming all of the above was to be true, wouldn't that technically make the Xbox servers the best to play on?

Not really being that JP has 10x to 15x the amount of players, they dont boot at boss boxes, they're respectful, they dont scam, and we'll always be 10 months+ of updates ahead of you.

EDIT: Dont forget the private servers which are in developement and they are ALL FREE

Max B
Jun 19, 2010, 05:00 PM
Ya, all I have to say is this will not happen. Also I am not big on "what ifs".
[spoiler-box]Private Server will be better than both Jp and Xblock servers[/spoiler-box]

redroses
Jun 19, 2010, 05:18 PM
I have to agree with the point that JP servers have way more population and is way up ahead on content. This wouldn't change even if xbox got all of these things for free.

But, let's face it, this is a what if that doesn't really matter, because I just can't see SEGA bringing all of this stuff over. Especially because it is all free for the xbox servers.

Also a lot of people who went to the JP side don't have a xbox.

unicorn
Jun 19, 2010, 07:14 PM
Well idk if 360 will get all GC items for free. Seems incredibly unlikely since ST's most important customers are the Japanese and this news would really piss them off. Especially since GC has been released, people have probably spent hundreds of real life money only to find out 360 is getting it for free? Not a popular decision. And yes, JP players will find out since 360 updates are posted in the JP website.

I think a few GC items will be released for 360, but veeeryyy few.

Also, it would be hard for 360 to get any updates, since a LOT of the updates on the JP server have been GC based lately. Not to mention the 360 is over a year and half behind in updates... Yeah.

Private Servers are probably the best choice, but too early to tell.

Dealbreaker
Jun 19, 2010, 07:56 PM
Well idk if 360 will get all GC items for free. Seems incredibly unlikely since ST's most important customers are the Japanese and this news would really piss them off. Especially since GC has been released, people have probably spent hundreds of real life money only to find out 360 is getting it for free? Not a popular decision. And yes, JP players will find out since 360 updates are posted in the JP website.

I think a few GC items will be released for 360, but veeeryyy few.

Also, it would be hard for 360 to get any updates, since a LOT of the updates on the JP server have been GC based lately. Not to mention the 360 is over a year and half behind in updates... Yeah.

Private Servers are probably the best choice, but too early to tell.

I think this is just the dreaming of most JP PSU players. No matter what we get some or all of the GC stuff wouldnt that be a slap in the face to all JP PSU players?

The only way most of these people can justify the US getting free GC stuff is to think like this guy above me. No matter what we get we will have the better version. Mico Transactions suck... Im very glad the US servers will never see them.

I just cant wait for the first update with Free GC stuff. The US JP PSU players will moan and bitch like never before. Sorry you paid for stuff we get for free :)

BIG OLAF
Jun 19, 2010, 08:04 PM
I see people are still using the tried-and-true "everyone on the 360 servers are douchebags" routine. That's nice. I wasn't aware that Blade, myself, and all my close friends are heartless assholes. Thanks for letting us know :wacko:.

Don't let a few rotten apples spoil the whole bunch. That's all I'm saying. I've never once been booted from boss boxes, scammed, or been disrespected (with the exception of the cesspool that is the 4th floor, anyway). I've also never done any of those things, myself.

Dealbreaker
Jun 19, 2010, 08:08 PM
I see people are still using the tried-and-true "everyone on the 360 servers are douchebags" routine. That's nice. I wasn't aware that Blade, myself, and everyone else are such big assholes. Thanks for letting us know :wacko:.

Don't let a few rotten apples spoil the whole bunch. That's all I'm saying. I've never once been booted from boss boxes, or been disrespected (outside of the cesspool that is the 4th floor, anyway). I've also never done either of those things, myself.

Its the elitist thinking of the JP PSU people. Sure there updates are better but the whole dont boot and dont spam is total BS. I played for like a week and saw my fair share of spam. Not to metion the JP PSU people dont like americans. No one on the 360 side would every not play with a person because of where they are from. Un like them....

xBladeM6x
Jun 19, 2010, 09:17 PM
I see people are still using the tried-and-true "everyone on the 360 servers are douchebags" routine. That's nice. I wasn't aware that Blade, myself, and all my close friends are heartless assholes. Thanks for letting us know :wacko:.
We're just those assholes aren't we? :wacko:

pikachief
Jun 19, 2010, 09:25 PM
I really don't think we're gonna get the grinding/ percentage GC things.

I beleive the only gaurdians cash things that were promised was the actual content like weapons and clothes maybe missions.

I do beleive that Edward said for sure the clothes we'll have :)

But the better servers? Hmm nicer players, more players, and updates that are over a year ahead of us?

Hey, I'd pay more money to get stuff quicker on 360 servers lol :P

RemiusTA
Jun 19, 2010, 09:57 PM

They'd still be the worse. It doesn't matter what they give us at this point. We're so far behind the JP servers and so lacking in content, our servers will always be inferior. In fact, KNOWING how far behind we are, im surprised you people are still paying to play this crappy game. The reason the JP servers are great is because the people running the game are actually running the game. They give them events, and they update the game on time, and actually give them content instead of BS. They dont take 2 or 3 weeks to deliver a single maintance either, like we FREQUENTLY experience (hell they just announced a delayed maintance last week.) The only way our servers would even remotely be greater is if they completely caught up to the JP in a single update or something. But that is absolutely impossible unless they just plain skip events, which last entire months at a time. On top of that it takes them about 5 months inbetween events for us. There really is no reason to ever play on Xbox. The fact that JP has all the content and frequent updates almost negates the fact you cant understand the material. Fuck, i'd rather have cool items i cant read than no new items at all. And you guys are getting too hyped. There will be a catch to not paying for GC, whether its NO GC at all or a completely watered down experience. There is no reason to build any kind of hope in this game.

You guys DO realize you pay them $10 a month, and dont even get all the updates or service you pay for? They dont care about this game. You're all nothing but extra income to them, regardless of what ANY of the people at SoA or the official boards say. Everything you get will be second thought and last priority. The fact you still pay is astonishing.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with our community. My time on the 360 servers was almost no different than the hundreds of hours i logged on PS2/PC. Everything wrong with this game stems directly from the providers. Everything.

Edit: Except for hacking, but thats obvious. Every online game on this planet will have hack breakouts. Blaming Americans for hacking is the shittiest excuse ever.

xBladeM6x
Jun 19, 2010, 10:21 PM
Geeze, that's a pretty epic wall-o-text, however I did read it. You have a point in saying that we are probably the afterthought when it comes to delivering content, however to question why we still play is easy to answer. We enjoy the current content of the game. Don't get me wrong, there are MANY problems with this game that need to be changed, but probably won't be.

I still love the game though. After all it did make a major difference in my life, and that $300+ or so dollars they have gotten out of me over the years is well worth what I've gained. Long story short, we all have our reasons for playing regardless of the shit SEGA likes to pull on it's customers.

unicorn
Jun 19, 2010, 10:28 PM
They'd still be the worse. It doesn't matter what they give us at this point. We're so far behind the JP servers and so lacking in content, our servers will always be inferior. In fact, KNOWING how far behind we are, im surprised you people are still paying to play this crappy game. The reason the JP servers are great is because the people running the game are actually running the game. They give them events, and they update the game on time, and actually give them content instead of BS. They dont take 2 or 3 weeks to deliver a single maintance either, like we FREQUENTLY experience (hell they just announced a delayed maintance last week.) The only way our servers would even remotely be greater is if they completely caught up to the JP in a single update or something. But that is absolutely impossible unless they just plain skip events, which last entire months at a time. On top of that it takes them about 5 months inbetween events for us. There really is no reason to ever play on Xbox. The fact that JP has all the content and frequent updates almost negates the fact you cant understand the material. Fuck, i'd rather have cool items i cant read than no new items at all. And you guys are getting too hyped. There will be a catch to not paying for GC, whether its NO GC at all or a completely watered down experience. There is no reason to build any kind of hope in this game.

You guys DO realize you pay them $10 a month, and dont even get all the updates or service you pay for? They dont care about this game. You're all nothing but extra income to them, regardless of what ANY of the people at SoA or the official boards say. Everything you get will be second thought and last priority. The fact you still pay is astonishing.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with our community. My time on the 360 servers was almost no different than the hundreds of hours i logged on PS2/PC. Everything wrong with this game stems directly from the providers. Everything.

Edit: Except for hacking, but thats obvious. Every online game on this planet will have hack breakouts. Blaming Americans for hacking is the shittiest excuse ever.

Post of the month IMO. Its sad... but true.

And I'm not an angry JP elitist like the butthurt 360 player said above. I'm far from it. I'm an ex PC/PS2 player who saw his server shut down due to incompetence and broken promises.

BIG OLAF
Jun 19, 2010, 10:30 PM
I still love the game though. After all it did make a major difference in my life, and that $300+ or so dollars they have gotten out of me over the years is well worth what I've gained. Long story short, we all have our reasons for playing regardless of the shit SEGA likes to pull on it's customers.

That's basically exactly what I was going to say. The reason I still pay/play even though I'm a "last priority" and a "second thought", is because of the reason anyone plays any game:

I'm having fun.

I guess that's a really hard concept for some people to grasp. Other reasons I haven't converted to the "superior" JP servers:

1. I don't read/speak Japanese.
2. My computer isn't a gaming PC. It has horrible gaming specs.
3. Even if #2 wasn't an issue, I hate playing games on the PC, anyway (save for the Diablo series). It feels so clunky.

str898mustang
Jun 19, 2010, 10:35 PM

And I'm not an angry JP elitist like the butthurt 360 player said above. I'm far from it. I'm an ex PC/PS2 player who saw his server shut down due to incompetence and broken promises.

same here

That's basically exactly what I was going to say. The reason I still pay/play even though I'm a "last priority" and a "second thought", is because of the reason anyone plays any game:

I'm having fun.

I guess that's a really hard concept for some people to grasp. Other reasons I haven't converted to the "superior" JP servers:

1. I don't read/speak Japanese.
2. My computer isn't a gaming PC. It has horrible gaming specs.
3. Even if #2 wasn't an issue, I hate playing games on the PC, anyway (save for the Diablo series). It feels so clunky.

1. I dont speak/read japanese and play just fine.
2. My PC isn't a gaming PC ,just an upgraded graphics card, but thats about it.
3. Clunky?

BIG OLAF
Jun 19, 2010, 10:40 PM
1. I dont speak/read japanese and play just fine.
2. My PC isn't a gaming PC ,just an upgraded graphics card, but thats about it.
3. Clunky?

1. Sorry if I like to actually read what I'm picking up. My fault.
2. I don't have the money for that kind of stuff at the moment.
3. To me, a controller is much better feeling than a keyboard/mouse combo.

Sorry if you don't agree, but not everyone on planet Earth has the same preferences.

str898mustang
Jun 19, 2010, 10:42 PM
1. Sorry if I like to actually read what I'm picking up. My fault.
2. I don't have the money for that kind of stuff at the moment.
3. To me, a controller is much better feeling than a keyboard/mouse combo.

Sorry if you don't agree, but not everyone on planet Earth has the same preferences.

1.I can agree to that
2.You have the money to spend $10 a month
3.I use a PS2 controller....

BIG OLAF
Jun 19, 2010, 10:48 PM
2. You have the money to spend $10 a month
3.I use a PS2 controller....

2. You're right. I do. 10$ a month isn't as steep as a new graphics card for a computer.

3.Ok. I don't own a PS2, so I don't own a PS2 controller. That's all besides the point, anyway. Bottom line: I'm not a PC gamer (except Diablo, once again), so I wouldn't want to even try JP PSU.

---------------------------------------------------

Sorry everyone who preaches about how much better the JP servers are. I believe you. I know that they're a lot better. But, it's not my preference to play on them. I'd rather stay with my friends on the 360 server, who also have no desire to transfer. Go ahead and hate me, and think I'm stupid or whatever, but that's that.

PSU is a good "hub" for my friends and I to meet up, run a few missions, and if we decide that we all want to go play Left 4 Dead, Lost Planet, Gears of War, or anything else, we can.

I've been playing on the 360 servers since launch day, and I intend to keep playing until they shut down. *waits for a "sooner than you think" wisecrack*

Dealbreaker
Jun 20, 2010, 01:14 AM

Your server shut down because no one was playing it.....

The 360 is still getting at least a full universe everyday. Sure we are way way behind on updates. But in the end who cares. It not are game we are all lucky we even get a shot to play there game.

With most of the upcoming updates being mostly GC stuff i see the US servers getting alittle caught up. Sure we will always be behind them but not having to worry about GC makes that ok.

Now please go play your game you cant understand.... Oh and go spend 100$ to grind a weapon that will be gone in a year or 2.....

darkante
Jun 20, 2010, 01:24 AM
We all care about the updates, some just do it more then others.
I canīt say i were happy paying for almost nothing on teh old PS2/PC server, but thatīs not why i played it.
Friends is where it is at. :o

unicorn
Jun 20, 2010, 01:35 AM
Your server shut down because no one was playing it.....

Now please go play your game you cant understand.... Oh and go spend 100$ to grind a weapon that will be gone in a year or 2.....

I understand some Japanese.

Powder Keg
Jun 20, 2010, 01:56 AM
It's like clockwork.

The ability to resist is not present here. It shows weakness.

Halcyote
Jun 21, 2010, 12:27 AM
3.Ok. I don't own a PS2, so I don't own a PS2 controller.
Just like how a lot of the 360 people get "upset" about PC/PS2 players spreading false information about having a Gold account to play, I also tire of 360 people not knowing that you can use a 360 controller to play PC games. In fact, any controller with a USB extension can be used on a computer with a game that offers controller support (which isn't as uncommon as you think).

So if you DID want to play on the PC server, or play any online game with controller support, then you can do so.

XbikXBd
Jun 21, 2010, 03:33 AM
Just like how a lot of the 360 people get "upset" about PC/PS2 players spreading false information about having a Gold account to play, I also tire of 360 people not knowing that you can use a 360 controller to play PC games. In fact, any controller with a USB extension can be used on a computer with a game that offers controller support (which isn't as uncommon as you think).

So if you DID want to play on the PC server, or play any online game with controller support, then you can do so.

*cough*Wireless controler*cough* i am so not spending the 60 buks on the conecter and a new controler lol

On another note i am a player that plays both and i did have to say GC would have helped our server out on the xbox. because on the pc it is a kind of fresh taste on a mission where you could be lucky like me and get a 49% Fire Twin Cannon lol^^ or you would get nothing but S+10's, and you also have fun knowing the wep you found on a new mission can go to 8/10 with ease. .also now we have the clothes gacha that gives rewards.Which i love too but i have a great pool of friends on the xbox and i have been there for its ups and downs but i will always love the Xbox over the pc sadly as much as it hurts me but the xbox has more pull then a pc because i cna play psu then get on something else with out hassle and also party chat huh wheres that on the pc. Like i said its a love hate relation ship so just go with what you pull towards lol.

Blue man
Jun 22, 2010, 02:27 AM
i think really its just because jp has more crazy fans like their life income and job is psu and they never stop playing that and sega always makes more money in jp come on they are a business they will always choose money over happiness of customers sorry folks life is that way now about making the US servers seem like a bunch of assholes come on really there are just alot of drama kids and teenagers all over the place and then some unhappy bastards
but the jp server has them too so there is no point trying to say one is better and one is worse this is SEGA thinking hmmm we dont do much about making new things so lets stick with where we can make the most money and not piss off the big money or we will definantly have to actually act like a gaming company and make new things

unicorn
Jun 22, 2010, 03:23 AM
i think really its just because jp has more crazy fans like their life income and job is psu and they never stop playing that and sega always makes more money in jp come on they are a business they will always choose money over happiness of customers sorry folks life is that way now about making the US servers seem like a bunch of assholes come on really there are just alot of drama kids and teenagers all over the place and then some unhappy bastards
but the jp server has them too so there is no point trying to say one is better and one is worse this is SEGA thinking hmmm we dont do much about making new things so lets stick with where we can make the most money and not piss off the big money or we will definitely have to actually act like a gaming company and make new things

It was a little hard reading your post... run-on sentence. But I won't be a grammar nazi about it, people like that are annoying. I'm just pointing it out in case I misinterpreted what you said...

The JP version is actually pretty different than US servers. The server is really only active during peak hours (pretty much afternoons til 11 pm), otherwise its one star. JP players do not stay up as late as Americans, nor ignore their real-life responsibilities as much as we do. In fact, I think most "elitists" off JP servers are actually English speaking.

And I found JP players to be more polite in parties, I think its because its part of their culture.

As a whole, I think the whole concept of being a "gamer" is a western thing. I could be wrong though, but this is what I've noticed so far... =x