PDA

View Full Version : 20 runs through the plant and no milias breaker

bns1991
Jun 21, 2010, 12:59 PM
So I have been doing SH AP runs via the Side mission Ana's Request (begins at bridge to second part of the plant) looking for the milias breaker, to no success. The only thing that I have found are some blue bulletta with really good% and element levels. Does anyone know if drop rates differ depending on whether you make the run via side missions? any suggestions would be appreciated^^;

Zelendria_Ru
Jun 21, 2010, 01:03 PM
Though I have no evidence to support this, I have read somewhere here that quests have the lowest drop %s.

Field Runs and Online play are purported to have higher drop-rates, though that could be speculative.

Dnd
Jun 21, 2010, 01:05 PM
I remember reading somewhere that the drop rates are better in the field then side quests, however i dont know how much it increases (it also increases more online in a field).

100 to the future runs offline without the white disaster drop, for example

Kirukia
Jun 21, 2010, 01:16 PM
Online = 1.25x drops and exp
Quests = 1.25x exp
Fields = 1.25x drops
So online fields will yield the best drop rate.

Macman
Jun 21, 2010, 04:58 PM
I thought online was 1.5x to drops.

Ech01
Jun 21, 2010, 05:01 PM
Though for a Breaker it'd be faster to do Online quest runs, because you still get a drop boost, and you get twice as many Humilias kills in the same time.

Rayvinh
Jun 21, 2010, 05:22 PM
Just keep at it is all I can say. I've been running the shrine for 2 1/2 days now looking for my lavis kannon and still haven't found it. But I still wish you good luck! :)

Kirukia
Jun 21, 2010, 06:56 PM
I thought online was 1.5x to drops.

Generally it is.
Most people do fields, which is 1.5x

bns1991
Jun 21, 2010, 07:44 PM
So looking for rares on quests is the worst thing to do due to the fact that there is no boosted drop rate. I remember playing Ep1&2 and the drop rate was the same on or offline. It took me 30 pouilly slimes to get my lavis cannon but I didnt really care after I got it :)

Chaos Rappy
Jun 21, 2010, 08:20 PM
Online = 1.25x drops and exp
Quests = 1.25x exp
Fields = 1.25x drops
So online fields will yield the best drop rate.

Actually, online just gives 1.5x droprates. All it does to EXP is that everyone gets the same EXP for being in the same room, even if they weren't the one to actually kill it... or fight it, in some cases... *cough* <_<

As for TC, as someone else said, your best bet, if you can, is to do online half-level questing or to just do Field Runs for the higher droprate, since droprate is more important than being able to kill him more (also, he's tougher to kill in quests too, but he does give more EXP as well, so it can go either way with that).

Ech01
Jun 21, 2010, 09:12 PM
So looking for rares on quests is the worst thing to do due to the fact that there is no boosted drop rate. I remember playing Ep1&2 and the drop rate was the same on or offline. It took me 30 pouilly slimes to get my lavis cannon but I didnt really care after I got it :)

Actually, online just gives 1.5x droprates. All it does to EXP is that everyone gets the same EXP for being in the same room, even if they weren't the one to actually kill it... or fight it, in some cases... *cough* <_<

As for TC, as someone else said, your best bet, if you can, is to do online half-level questing or to just do Field Runs for the higher droprate, since droprate is more important than being able to kill him more (also, he's tougher to kill in quests too, but he does give more EXP as well, so it can go either way with that).

Statistically you have a higher chance of getting a boss drop(note, I said for a Breaker in my last post) from an online quest run over the same amount of time as online field runs.

Say for instance, the base drop rate for a Breaker is 1%. An online quest will yield a 1.25% drop rate, and an online field would have a 1.5%. However, since you only have to do the first half of Arca Plant before fighting Humilias in the quest run, your chances to get one are actually higher over time. You could easily get 8 or 9, maybe even 10 Humilias kills in quests in the same time it takes to get 5 in fields.

The fact that monsters are harder in quests has absolutely no merit because of how easy they are in the first place, especially when we have 4 players (since we're online, and 4 players = 4 chests) and (most likely) Flozir.

Chaos Rappy
Jun 21, 2010, 09:18 PM
Statistically you have a higher chance of getting a boss drop(note, I said for a Breaker in my last post) from an online quest run over the same amount of time as online field runs.

Say for instance, the base drop rate for a Breaker is 1%. An online quest will yield a 1.25% drop rate, and an online field would have a 1.5%. However, since you only have to do the first half of Arca Plant before fighting Humilias in the quest run, your chances to get one are actually higher over time. You could easily get 8 or 9, maybe even 10 Humilias kills in quests in the same time it takes to get 5 in fields.

The fact that monsters are harder in quests has absolutely no merit because of how easy they are in the first place, especially when we have 4 players (since we're online, and 4 players = 4 chests) and (most likely) Flozir.

My thing is that, if you're going to kill something 20 bajillion times, you may as well do it with the highest chance. TC can do whatever he wants, though.

Also, on the last thing, just so we're all clear, quests don't affect enemy toughness online, only in single-player mode. <_<

Ech01
Jun 21, 2010, 09:25 PM
My thing is that, if you're going to kill something 20 bajillion times, you may as well do it with the highest chance. TC can do whatever he wants, though.

Also, on the last thing, just so we're all clear, quests don't affect enemy toughness online, only in single-player mode. <_<

But if you're killing him 20 bajillion times with the highest chance, you could kill him 35 bajillion+ times with a slightly lower chance over the same time period, which actually translates to the highest chance. The fact that quest enemies aren't stronger than field enemies online just makes my argument more valid.

EDIT: When the hell are you getting your game back? We have some serious trading to do.

Chaos Rappy
Jun 21, 2010, 09:33 PM
Hence why I advised online half-quests... and if I didn't, I'm advising it now.

And I should be getting it quite soon... tomorrow, methinks, maybe wednesday... if not by then, something must be up. <_<

Oh, and if you really want to, you can play with me online on my new cart. I'm itching for a few Dark Shrine runs and stuff, like good ol' times in the past. ;P

Ech01
Jun 21, 2010, 09:36 PM
Definitely dude, I'm down for a few. My sig is a bit out of date, my FOnewm is 77 now. Should I play him or my HUcast?

Chaos Rappy
Jun 21, 2010, 09:38 PM
Well, my FOnewy is about 73 now, so the FOnewm please. :3

I can be online in about 20 minutes, is that alright?

Ech01
Jun 21, 2010, 09:40 PM
Sure. Got enough gear on your new cart? Want me to bring some gear for you to borrow? I have some pretty nice stuff, check my list.

Chaos Rappy
Jun 21, 2010, 09:42 PM
I got nothing really too fancy, just a nifty Kerykeion I got as a gift for my eco-friendly FOnewearl, a Pizza Box made of 100% recycleable materials that has 4 slots, and a level 100 Mind Rappy Mag to teach the world of love for all living creatures. Gotta love how I can give my character some nice backstory over something as simple as her outfit colors. ;P

Ech01
Jun 21, 2010, 09:44 PM
Why don't I loan you some stuff? How about a level 4 AO with MS, a Rika's Suit, some Divine Minds, and a Compress PA?

Chaos Rappy
Jun 21, 2010, 09:46 PM
Loan or give? I don't like doing loans, as I don't like having to give things back if I need to rush off. : /

Ech01
Jun 21, 2010, 09:48 PM
Well It'd be a loan, but I wouldn't mind if you held them until you got your old cart back. Keep em until you get back on your feet or whatnot. It's not like I can't trust you or anything.

Chaos Rappy
Jun 21, 2010, 09:52 PM
Alright... thanks, I guess. ^^;

I'll be leaving here to go to my room here shortly, so I should be online waiting in about 15 minutes-ish. See you soon! ;D

Kirukia
Jun 21, 2010, 10:33 PM
Mind if I join you guys with my HUnewm or RAcassie? :o
They are 72 (Almost 73) and 74 respectively.

Macman
Jun 22, 2010, 09:13 AM
Pretty cool thread hijack you guys got here. :P

Ech01
Jun 22, 2010, 12:26 PM
It's more of a derailing than a hijacking because the TC's questions were answered and advice was given. Nothing else of value could have come from the thread.

bns1991
Jun 22, 2010, 06:31 PM
Finally found my milias breaker!Yay for me=]

Kirukia
Jun 22, 2010, 06:47 PM
Lol congrats :]

Rayvinh
Jun 22, 2010, 07:08 PM
well. grats. I'm still looking for my lavis kannon... Day 4 and no luck.

Macman
Jun 22, 2010, 08:15 PM
Still looking for my Psycho Wand.
Sucks being stuck to an offline-only area like this. :\

Cruciarius
Jun 22, 2010, 08:20 PM
Could invest in a wireless router that supports WEP. Then you could get online and play with us.

Chaos Rappy
Jun 22, 2010, 08:23 PM
I think he means for the search for the Psycho Wand, he's stuck in wireless single-player mode. <_<

Macman
Jun 22, 2010, 08:27 PM
Could invest in a wireless router that supports WEP. Then you could get online and play with us.No, silly. Psycho Wand only drops in the Eternal Tower.
Unless you know some super-secret way to play in ET online.