PDA

View Full Version : So, what's the deal with "Sonic's Birthday"?

Daemon Gildas
Jun 21, 2010, 01:12 PM
This'll be the first time I've ever been online for Sonic's Birthday (or at least, hopefully), so I'm curious what the deal is? The official site is a bit vague about it, other than you *can* see Sonic, and apparently there's a way to reunite him with Tails.

Are there any unique items you can acquire, or even a way to get the Sonic statue perhaps? Like I said, this'll be the first time I've been on for a holiday, so I just don't wanna miss out on anything cool :)

CJ Johnny
Jun 21, 2010, 01:45 PM
Server Stress Test

Halcyote
Jun 21, 2010, 04:07 PM
Server Stress Test
Basically this.

It's nothing special, they change the lobby, and Edward and Ruby dress up as Sonic and Tails and everyone just dicks around on the server. You used to win statues and such, but it doesn't seem like they're doing that this year since they handed out all of the character statues already in previous years.

Daemon Gildas
Jun 21, 2010, 04:17 PM
Aww, I wish they would just change their mind, and hand out *all* the statues >_<

So, there are no Holiday-specific items for Sonic's Birthday? That's a bummer; it's a shame they don't bring back the Sonic Knuckle from PSO, or even make a special pair of Sonic Shoes for it.

RemiusTA
Jun 22, 2010, 12:57 AM
Server Stress Test

As funny as this is, he's basically correct.

Blue man
Jun 22, 2010, 01:39 AM
yep you know how they give us those cob web barbie servers
i thinks its cuz we are just not japanese thats y we dont get statues lol

NoiseHERO
Jun 22, 2010, 01:53 AM
Wonder what yould happen if you all just started a petition sign by every player saying sega was racist. "Now give us more updates."

Daemon Gildas
Jun 23, 2010, 01:21 PM
Just checking in again, I heard someone say if you log in and say "Happy Birthday Sonic!", than you'll get two different statues. Is that legit, or no? Reason I ask, is I traded in my old Xbox 360 (I've had nothing but problems, plus only 20gb hdd), but GameStop hasn't gotten one of the new models in yet. So if I need to log on today, then I'd have to make sure to swing by a friend's today.

Anyways, thanks in advance again; sorry if I come across as paranoid, I've just never been online for a holiday, plus being a huge Sonic fan, would hate to miss out on anything :)

Akaimizu
Jun 23, 2010, 01:25 PM
I haven't missed a Sonic Birthday yet. Always remembered his birthday was exactly a week before my own. (Too bad it doesn't reciprocate. Why can't I have Sonic come to my birthday???)

Heh heh.

Just Logan
Jun 23, 2010, 01:28 PM
Just checking in again, I heard someone say if you log in and say "Happy Birthday Sonic!", than you'll get two different statues. Is that legit, or no? Reason I ask, is I traded in my old Xbox 360 (I've had nothing but problems, plus only 20gb hdd), but GameStop hasn't gotten one of the new models in yet. So if I need to log on today, then I'd have to make sure to swing by a friend's today.

Anyways, thanks in advance again; sorry if I come across as paranoid, I've just never been online for a holiday, plus being a huge Sonic fan, would hate to miss out on anything :)

Nope. Didn't work for me. Nothing in my common box or bot either.

Akaimizu
Jun 23, 2010, 01:44 PM
Well, if you're talking about today, you wont see it. They never give out the Sonic prizes for a Sonic Event, on the day that it happens. It normally gets awarded weeks later.

Daemon Gildas
Jun 23, 2010, 01:51 PM
Hmm, well guess I'd better just bank on stopping by my buddy's house sometime today. No biggie, but better safe than sorry :P

desturel
Jun 23, 2010, 01:56 PM
Well, if you're talking about today, you wont see it. They never give out the Sonic prizes for a Sonic Event, on the day that it happens. It normally gets awarded weeks later.

This years "prize" is three star luck and a 10% boost to grinding and synthing, so it probably goes into affect during the next maintenance.

As for the "reunite Sonic with Tails" prizes, sonic normally initiates a trade with you and gives you the stuff. Sort of how things happened back during the "Beast Bonfire" back before the expansion came out or the "Find Vivianne and Helga" event.

Akaimizu
Jun 23, 2010, 02:00 PM
I see.

xjustsumloser
Jun 23, 2010, 05:35 PM
I don't see how you are supposed to help sonic find tails. Its a huge freaking mosh pit when they log on and constant spamming of "happy birthday."

Daemon Gildas
Jun 24, 2010, 11:42 AM
Well, I logged on my buddy's Xbox lastnight, and I did see him. Was a little difficult to yell out the whole "Happy Birthday Sonic!" bit without my keyboard though; he doesn't even have a keypad : /

Was kind of a bummer, though, since I was only 35, I couldn't join any of the groups I saw him in. But was pretty wicked, just actually seeing Sonic the Hedgehog in a completely unrelated game (aside from the Sega-Sonic Team connection).

Hopefully they do give out some more statues or something, but I have to say, just seeing him in-game was cool enough :D

Daemon Gildas
Jun 24, 2010, 11:49 AM
Also, just a small tidbit of information; I noticed Sonic is an Acrofighter. Just thought it was worth noting :P

blazingsonic
Jun 24, 2010, 05:42 PM
XD You know that make sense with Sonic and also it's funny how seeing Sonic with a sword here is better recieved than Wii Sonic fans with Sonic and the Black Knight.

Akaimizu
Jun 24, 2010, 07:15 PM
Probably because Sonic with a sword is just that. Only players who actually manage to play in a mission with him, could see that. (Which is less than 30 different people, at best) Everybody else, only sees Sonic. And last but not least, they're not playing a Sonic game where they have to play Sonic carrying a sword. :)

Or something like Shadow the Hedgehog. (Not sure who green-lighted the idea of a sonic game, where you take a hedgehog, give him ordinance, and make it a shooter). Sure, I can see a Robotnik robot creation doing that, but not any of the animal characters in the Sonic videogame world.

xmoonprismpowerx
Jun 25, 2010, 09:38 AM
As funny as this is, he's basically correct.

This, and then the servers go down for hours cause people have a spaz attack... then they have spaz attacks when they can't get on PSU for half a day.

Akaimizu
Jun 25, 2010, 10:19 AM
Not really. Not enough people to bring the servers down. However, things do slow down with all the spamming. Not many folks get a chance to actually do missions with Sonic, though. It's still an event since you get to see Sonic and Tails wandering around, on that day.

Daemon Gildas
Jun 26, 2010, 11:52 AM
Well, does anybody have any screens or vids from Sonic this year? Never got a chance to join a Party with him; I was too low level. Still, was cool seeing him, and would love to see what he looks like out in the field :D

Max B
Jun 26, 2010, 12:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E8jCfdU3yg
This is one of the longest Sleeping Warriors I have seen lol

Daemon Gildas
Jul 5, 2010, 04:07 PM
Hah, that's awesome! Too bad they don't have a Line-Shield that let's you transform into Sonic or something; or at least have the Sonic Knuckle :P