PDA

View Full Version : What's the dumbest thing you thought was true? (in PSU)

SolomonGrundy
Jun 22, 2010, 11:20 AM
Apropos of THIS thread:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178791

Where some players feel that level 50 buffs have any sort of improvement over level 41 buffs.

What silly/mistaken/wrong/bone headed things have you thought, said that later proved to be wrong. Black nano blast? Luck affecting Synth? Kill speed affecting enemy drops? fess up!

I admit, back in the day, I thought B stat affected ALL kinds of things (Chance of bette? grinder, chance of better % on whatever weapons PM used, skill level of PA used by PM...)

How about you>

BIG OLAF
Jun 22, 2010, 11:27 AM
I'm seriously not trying to sound like Peter Perfect, but I haven't believed any misinformation since the De Ragan days back in late 2006 (everyone was impressionable back then; the game had just came out). Who doesn't remember the whole "hit De Ragan's tail, and get the biomaterial in the boss boxes" ordeal?

Usually this is how it goes: one of my friends will ask me about some sort of stupid theory that they heard from someone else and/or "figured out" themselves, such like your examples "luck affecting synth" and "kill speed affecting drops". Some of the asinine things my friends have thought was true:

-Feeding your PM certain items to get a better weapon percent
-Eating certain food items to boost SUV/Nanoblast duration
-Supplemental Update coming June 21st (had to throw that in there)
-Being able to "double cast" (or something) spells by switching wands quickly

I then do a little research using PSO-World, PSUPedia, and good ol' fashioned Google search. If nothing comes up, I go back to my friend and tell them that they're completely wrong (or sometimes only partially wrong).

I tend not to believe anything I'm told unless I've seen it/done it myself.

Shou
Jun 22, 2010, 11:41 AM
That SEGAC cared about the english servers.

Crysteon
Jun 22, 2010, 11:49 AM

Definitely this, lol.

unicorn
Jun 22, 2010, 11:51 AM

This... :(

And that CAST techers were decent.

pikachief
Jun 22, 2010, 12:19 PM
when the game barely came out "If you get your rifle to a high enough level u can freeze the de ragan!"

I tried so hard to level that up :( Rifles suck lol :)

TierrenZX
Jun 22, 2010, 03:50 PM
Sega caring about our servers

3 star luck actually affecting drops (at least in my experience)

That if you were too short, you couldn't carry some of the larger weapons. (I know this was never true but it would be funny.)

I actually heard about the freezing the De Ragan with rifle thing though ppl shut that rumor down quick.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Jun 22, 2010, 04:28 PM
Apropos of THIS thread:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178791

Where some players feel that level 50 buffs have any sort of improvement over level 41 buffs.

What silly/mistaken/wrong/bone headed things have you thought, said that later proved to be wrong. Black nano blast? Luck affecting Synth? Kill speed affecting enemy drops? fess up!

I admit, back in the day, I thought B stat affected ALL kinds of things (Chance of bette? grinder, chance of better % on whatever weapons PM used, skill level of PA used by PM...)

How about you>

first of all im honoured that you chose my thread for your topic :)
second i just want to clarify that I personally never thought there was a difference between lvl 41 and 50 buffs, but i got chewed out pretty good in a mission once cause my buffs were only 41 and the other AT in the grp felt it necessary to reapply his lvl 50 buffs right after i put mine on everyone cause his quote "give an extra 9% boost than lvl 41 buffs"

Dragwind
Jun 22, 2010, 05:05 PM
Thinking that PSU was going to take place in a persistent world with "vehicles" acting as something like mounts. I was so amped up for that.

...instead "vehicles" were only used in events and less than a handful of missions.

xBULLYDOGG
Jun 22, 2010, 05:15 PM
Holding down the left trigger while Uni-crystal spamming will always open up Uni 1 for you. The guys a moron

NoiseHERO
Jun 22, 2010, 05:37 PM
Thinking that PSU was going to take place in a persistent world with "vehicles" acting as something like mounts. I was so amped up for that.

...instead "vehicles" were only used in events and less than a handful of missions.

This...

+

Me thinking this would be some badass huge 3 world'd free roam adventure across the star killing space pigs and flying spaceships with pure action no point and click bullshit, only for it to be "The Loading Screen Adventure Universe: Without PVP: Unless Two Idiots Fighting Over a Tranny Counts As PVP".

Crysteon
Jun 22, 2010, 05:48 PM
"The Loading Screen Adventure Universe: Without PVP: Unless Two Idiots Fighting Over a Tranny Counts As PVP".

I consider PvP when people fight for something rare that drops in a mission D: ....well, not really xD

Lolitron
Jun 22, 2010, 06:22 PM
At one point in time, I thought PSU was going to be successful.

Boy was I wrong.

FirefoxKyuubi
Jun 24, 2010, 09:09 AM
At one point in time, I thought PSU was going to be successful.

Boy was I wrong.

This. But You know what? I found somethings I heard other people say and believe in so I figured some of it was true. like

-Supplemental Update coming June 21st (HA!)
-Sega Giving updates every week (heard from Sega)
-Sega Cares about US servers (heard from Sega)
-Promises From Sega back in 2006 (heard from sega)
-Black Beast (heard from others)
-New planet (yeah right...) (heard from others)
-Actually get some Q & A from Mods outside of Forms and in game.
-50% Actually matters other then for show?
-Luck affects Bot making weapons/armor/etc
-The ability for Sega to keep PSU intresting
-Speed Runs (heard from others)
-Race would be gain a small power boost on there respected planet (heard from others)
-Running with bot makes your weapons come out better %
-Sega Would let us Transfer PSP1 charas to PSP2

and oh yeah...

-Humans getting Berserk mode? (which I didn't find true, just funny) (heard from others)

Of Course All of this is what I thought back in the day but it turns out (due to other people saying it and seeing how lazy Sega is and all) that The game is just broken :D its not my imagination.

xmoonprismpowerx
Jun 24, 2010, 09:12 AM
I believed I could ever get a love cannon XD

TenebriS
Jun 24, 2010, 10:09 AM
50% Actually matters other then for show

it does 50% fire at shield change the damage you take from fire-based attacks -50%

50% fire wep makes the damage you do at ice-monster 50% higher

SolomonGrundy
Jun 24, 2010, 10:10 AM
I recall there was a strong rumer that nwemans would get some sort of "magic blast" (like andn SUV but requiring no unit).

With this blast you could:
a. Increase PA attack speed OR
b. decrease enemy resistance to techs OR
c. Cause global damage based on TP

xmoonprismpowerx
Jun 24, 2010, 10:17 AM
I remember someone saying that newmans would get dragons.

pikachief
Jun 24, 2010, 10:31 AM
I actually heard about the freezing the De Ragan with rifle thing though ppl shut that rumor down quick.

not for me, i heard about it the same week the game was out lol XD No one had a high enough shot to proove it lol

TierrenZX
Jun 24, 2010, 04:10 PM
not for me, i heard about it the same week the game was out lol XD No one had a high enough shot to proove it lol

Hrmm, well I did get it a couple of days after its release and I heard about that rumor much later. That's why it was shut down real quick when I heard about it but if it was a rumor since its release, then I can see your point lol.

Cavistus
Jun 26, 2010, 03:32 PM
When I just started out, I was told that "you should NEVER click on the teleport crystals during missions because it severely reduced the amount of money / drops you got at the end of the mission"

Also,

"Humans are going to be able to get angel wings and demon wings, just like beasts can use nano and CAST can use SUV"

We now know these wings as Whitill Wing and Dark Wing.

Personally, I've never believed Luck would increase the chance of anything except grinds. I hate it when I get kicked from parties because "I don't have 3* luck", and the people that are kicking me are usually 121k brats from the demo.

ThEoRy
Jun 28, 2010, 06:29 PM
Relic Gun.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1672370&postcount=7

lol good times...

Aeris the techer
Jun 28, 2010, 07:01 PM
(back in 2007) I thought that if you grinded something and it broke, if you quickly unplugged all the cords from your xbox that it wouldn't break. LOL. I found out real quick that this was false when I hopped back on and found out that those twin kitty claws were gone forever....

RemiusTA
Jun 28, 2010, 09:40 PM
I used to think this game was going to look like that very first video they showed us. You know, the one with the dragon breathing fire at the end? Or even the other video they showed us, with actual in-game footage.

Turned out nothing like either of them. Everything was either dumbed down or removed entirely.

And to top it off, sega dont give a shit about us

Edit: To tell the absolute truth, when i FIRST put this game in my PS2 (the day it came out and was released over here) and started up story mode....it was lacking something. I quickly handwaved the feeling after a bit more play...but the game always felt empty to me. The music never EVER hyped me up, the levels just felt empty, and the combat felt automatic. Its better now, but it still has yet to top the PSO feeling.

PSO is inferior in every way but the most important ways. Thats what PSU fooled me with.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 29, 2010, 04:44 AM
Relic Gun.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1672370&postcount=7

lol good times...

yeah, but that one ended up being TRUE

ZIE creations
Jun 30, 2010, 02:01 AM
You have to kill all the enemys in the mission to get an S rank (mainly heard on white beast. noobs, their always funny.)

BIG OLAF
Jun 30, 2010, 08:57 AM
You have to kill all the enemys in the mission to get an S rank (mainly heard on white beast. noobs, their always funny.)

Uh, that actually is true, most times. There is a small handful of missions where it doesn't seem to apply for some reason, however.

xBULLYDOGG
Jun 30, 2010, 09:03 AM

I lol'd, at you.

poorblackman
Jul 1, 2010, 05:17 PM
I haven't played in a while...but some stuff off the top of my head

-Black beast
-Some sort of Human rage mode -like beast mode but you know not furry
-some newman stuff..about summoning a dragon and what not
-that Empty space on the third floor of GC would be the place pvp would happen
-come out with better missions so White beast wasn't spammed so damn hard

buzyb77
Jul 1, 2010, 05:29 PM
That the game would Be good and Updates would Be timely as I was wasting money on it.