PDA

View Full Version : Which Type should I work on?

Daemon Gildas
Jun 24, 2010, 12:00 PM
Well, I've been playing for two or three weeks now, but still can't quite decide which Type is "for me". I'm only up to level 35, but I figure it's at a point I should try deciding on a "main" Type.

I absolutely can't stand playing a Force (no offense to you guys; I just don't have the knack for "aiming" spells), so I'm not even considering that. I'm not really a fan of guns, although since I play solo a lot of the time, I understand it's really useful at times (although, I absolutely *love* the MAG-type weapons).

Obviously, that kind of brings me to Melee, which I definitely enjoy the most. So far, the Sword, Saber, and Twin Sabers are the weapon-types I've really gotten attached to, though I had just gotten to a point I could use Double-Sabers when my Xbox failed on me last week, so haven't really got to play with them much yet. I haven't tried Axes at all, yet.

So... what do you think? The only Types I've actually played yet are Hunter (lv 6, I think), Ranger (lv 5), Force (lv 5), and Fighgunner (lv 3 or 4). I'm totally open to trying any of the Classes I haven't played yet, especially since I don't really understand the subtle differences between then yet.

Thanks in advance :)

BIG OLAF
Jun 24, 2010, 12:04 PM
Well, if you're looking for a good melee class, don't expect anyone to say anything besides Fighmaster, unfortunately. I'll recommend Fortefighter, as I prefer their larger weapon selection and all around better stats (except PA level and speed, of course).

Daemon Gildas
Jun 24, 2010, 12:08 PM
Well, if you're looking for a good melee class, don't expect anyone to say anything besides Fighmaster, unfortunately. I'll recommend Fortefighter, as I prefer their larger weapon selection and all around better stats (except PA level and speed, of course).

Well, I suppose I should've mentioned, I'm only level 35, so I wouldn't think the Master-types would really be viable for me, would they? I mean, there are still A-rank weapons I can't even equip, lol.

BIG OLAF
Jun 24, 2010, 12:10 PM
Well, I suppose I should've mentioned, I'm only level 35, so I wouldn't think the Master-types would really be viable for me, would they? I mean, there are still A-rank weapons I can't even equip, lol.

I know. I was kind of speaking into future events. For now, if you want a solid melee class, get your Hunter to 10, and go Fortefighter. But, don't feel constricted to that. Try all the melee classes.

unicorn
Jun 24, 2010, 12:21 PM
Acrofighter is also a very good melee class with an attack speed increase. But it can't use Swords or Double Sabers. It is very beginner friendly though!

Fortefighter takes a little more effort than Acrofighter but probably has most of the weapon types you'll like.

Fighgunner is also another beginner friendly type, and you can use those Double Sabers you like so much. They also can use ranged weapons better than FF or AF.

Protranser : Although this one is a stretch from what you want to do, it can still melee. However, it is LARGELY ranger based. If you ever finish doing your melee stuff and want to try something new, PT is it.

Just Logan
Jun 24, 2010, 12:43 PM

Same here. Fortefighter ftw

Daemon Gildas
Jun 24, 2010, 12:55 PM
Cool, well when I get the 360 back, I'll start working on getting Fortefighter. Acrofighter looked kind of interesting as well, but since I rarely use guns, I'd be afraid of only getting half of the use out of it. Still, no rush I suppose :P