PDA

View Full Version : PSU 360's cost of an online account.

NeonaPulsar
Jun 24, 2010, 10:24 PM
Hi everyone, I'm not useually in this neck of the woods (PSU threads), but just about everyone around PSO-World has pics from PSU and it looks like so much FUN!!!

I see pics with others posting that they remember that image or time they played together, I see all the awesome costumes and weapons, and all the beautifull locations....

And I got to say, I want to be apart of that world and its adventures.

Which leads up to my question, how much is a XBox account.

That and wi-fi are the only things stopping me for getting the game.

str898mustang
Jun 24, 2010, 10:26 PM
Xbox silver is free which u can play PSU online with (u dont need gold). U just have to pay for the PSU online account which is 9.99 a month.

Akaimizu
Jun 24, 2010, 10:58 PM
This is true, so far, for any 3rd party developer who has their own premium pay service. So if you're getting a game that has it's own monthly fee, Gold is not required. So if you were to get FFXI, the same arrangement is in place. No Gold necessary.

NeonaPulsar
Jun 24, 2010, 11:03 PM
So if i wanted PSU:Aoi, all i'd need is that 9.99 for the online part of the game a month, with a silver?

joefro
Jun 24, 2010, 11:43 PM
So if i wanted PSU:Aoi, all i'd need is that 9.99 for the online part of the game a month, with a silver?

You need:
a silver or gold account (silver free gold $35 on amazon)
PSU game disc (Around 10-15 dollars online)
AotI download from XBLM for 800 points (I think)
Guardians Liscense 10 dollars a month, recurring fee, you can only cancel if you call 1-800-4MY-XBOX

NeonaPulsar
Jun 25, 2010, 07:25 PM
So, just so I'm not confused.

The PSU online part (gruardian liscence) is what would cost me (monthly), not the silver rank.

And Aoi is only available as a online download, not a game disk?

Max B
Jun 25, 2010, 07:53 PM
So, just so I'm not confused.

The PSU online part (gruardian liscence) is what would cost me (monthly), not the silver rank.

And Aoi is only available as a online download, not a game disk?

Ok All you would need is
PSU Guardians Licence:$10.00monthly
Original Phantasy Star Universe Game Disc
Ambitions of the Illuminus located in the game market place:800points or $10.00
and yes the Guardians Licence is the only monthly charge you will receive

ZIE creations
Jun 26, 2010, 12:42 AM
If you join then welcome to the community. By the way, there is a rumor around that AOTI will drop in price or be free after SUP. update in around a month.

Phantom Shot
Jun 26, 2010, 05:33 AM
If you decide to get PSU online then send me a MSG and I wouldn't mind helping you out in lvling or Weps. GT:SuperiorStealth PSU:Phantom M CAST

Max B
Jun 26, 2010, 10:37 AM
If you join then welcome to the community. By the way, there is a rumor around that AOTI will drop in price or be free after SUP. update in around a month.

Not going to happen.

xBULLYDOGG
Jun 26, 2010, 12:34 PM
It charges $10 every month automatically so you don't have to do it yourself too.

The day that happens Ill... be right back with a good ending.

NeonaPulsar
Jun 26, 2010, 10:33 PM
Ok All you would need is
Original Phantasy Star Universe Game Disc
Ambitions of the Illuminus located in the game market place:800points or $10.00
and yes the Guardians Licence is the only monthly charge you will receive

Thank you

But like i said, I still need a conection (wi-fi / wire), so I won't be joining any time soon but...

I will get the game so I'll be ready to join when i do.

BTW, do i need both disks, or can i just get Aoi ( its a game disk right, not just something to download)?

Marik
Jun 26, 2010, 10:50 PM
BTW, do i need both disks, or can i just get Aoi ( its a game disk right, not just something to download)?

AOTI is a download. So you'll need both the original V1 disc and the AOTI download.

NeonaPulsar
Jun 26, 2010, 11:02 PM
Ok thank you

I'll get the game disk and when I get a connection, i'll look for the download

(and sorry for asking a lot of questions, i want to get it right the first time, and know what I'm doing)

BTW, what are "Points" and how do I get them, is it like unlocking achevements?

Seth Astra
Jun 26, 2010, 11:07 PM
*Grumbles about my lack of an Xbox, and the fact that the PC servers are closed over here, meaning I'll never get a chance to play PSU.* Eh, there's always PSP2 to look forward to. I hope you can get through with this though, Neona, since PSU does seem pretty fun. Also, the character customization is just increadible (check youtube for character customization videos from PSU, it's amazing how many options there are).

NeonaPulsar
Jun 26, 2010, 11:13 PM
Yes, look forward to PSP2 very much and I hope you can get one too, Seth.

NeonaPulsar
Jun 28, 2010, 02:00 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I don't think anyone saw my question a few posts up...

"...BTW, what are "Points" and how do I get them, is it like unlocking achevements? ..."

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 28, 2010, 03:10 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I don't think anyone saw my question a few posts up...

"...BTW, what are "Points" and how do I get them, is it like unlocking achevements? ..."
Points are Microsoft's version of Currency to buy content on their Xbox Live Marketplace.

You have to transfer money into their Points currency first. Either buying directly with a credit card input, or buying redeemable point cards in stores or online:

Xbox 360 Live 1600 Microsoft Points - $16.54 @ Amazon

Good chance to stock up :D
As quickly glossed over above without the denomination directly listed, it comes out to:

80 points = $1

Unless getting a deal where it is offered below fullprice MSRP with those gamecards that have a code to input on a "Redeem Gamecard" menu in the Xbox "blades" that comes up with the guide button on the controller.