PDA

View Full Version : So, I haven't played PSU in about a year and a half.

StanleyPain
Jun 26, 2010, 07:53 AM
but decided to come back to it as I can never stay away from a PSO game for too long. The game seems mostly the way it was back when AOTI was still new-ish...is there anything major I should know about the game? Any new features or areas that have been added?

CJ Johnny
Jun 26, 2010, 08:44 AM
No.
Do not come back to 360 PSU.

If you must. Join JP-Server.
We are over a year+ behind content update.

However! I can be wrong.
I am expect to see the famous "Forever Christmas" Lobby very very soon.

Kenbog
Jun 26, 2010, 09:13 AM
JP is way ahead with the updates indeed and has extremely allot of content but most of the new cool things you cant earn due in-game effort but with cash shop things.

Xbox gets the supplemental update very soon witch is something huge and are getting those same items you could earn in game somehow... speaking in year terms tho...

I cant chose a side of what version is the best tho.

Max B
Jun 26, 2010, 10:41 AM
No.
Do not come back to 360 PSU.

If you must. Join JP-Server.
We are over a year+ behind content update.

However! I can be wrong.
I am expect to see the famous "Forever Christmas" Lobby very very soon.

He already has the game on the 360 do not push him towards Japan. By telling him to go to Japan you are essentially going to make SOJ think is "well if EU/NA is coming to our server whats the point of giving them content in a timely fashion?".

unicorn
Jun 26, 2010, 03:19 PM
He already has the game on the 360 do not push him towards Japan. By telling him to go to Japan you are essentially going to make SOJ think is "well if EU/NA is coming to our server whats the point of giving them content in a timely fashion?".

You're right. More people should join the 360 servers so ST updates you guys faster.

StanleyPain
Jun 26, 2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I'm on US 360. I have no interest in getting on a JP server and going through all that. Though, I must admit, I was pretty stunned to see only ONE server full on a Friday night and not even ONE star full on any other server. Damnit...it's starting to feel like the end days of PSO when no one used any servers but the first one. Oh well...I'll still get some fun out of it.
I can't believe people are STILL basically spending their whole lives grinding white beast.

Max B
Jun 26, 2010, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I'm on US 360. I have no interest in getting on a JP server and going through all that. Though, I must admit, I was pretty stunned to see only ONE server full on a Friday night and not even ONE star full on any other server. Damnit...it's starting to feel like the end days of PSO when no one used any servers but the first one. Oh well...I'll still get some fun out of it.
I can't believe people are STILL basically spending their whole lives grinding white beast.

Well, when I was on last night there was Universe 1 full and 2 had 2 stars.

XbikXBd
Jun 26, 2010, 05:04 PM
Same here and you know we have people on each server other wise it would not be outlined
Also i think the update will revive what is left of our servers so suck on that( i can say this because i play on both servers.) And a event soon will also help too

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 27, 2010, 11:37 AM
I cant chose a side of what version is the best tho.

You can't possibly be serious with this comment. If given the choice to play PSU on either server only a fool would play PSU on the 360.

Panda-chan
Jun 27, 2010, 11:55 AM
I'd rather play on a server with text I can actually read. Besides what does JP have in that year ahead of us? Clothes? Comments above our heads? omg I can put a name inside my name so that I can have double the names you have! Get own'd NA/EU servers. Get own'd.

(That's mainly jealousy talking, forum. :-( I want shiny new animu clothes..on my 360..Dammit.)

landman
Jun 27, 2010, 11:58 AM
The thing is that, even compared to PSU JP, the game is still the same it was two years ago.

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 27, 2010, 07:24 PM
I'd rather play on a server with text I can actually read. Besides what does JP have in that year ahead of us? Clothes? Comments above our heads? omg I can put a name inside my name so that I can have double the names you have! Get own'd NA/EU servers. Get own'd.

(That's mainly jealousy talking, forum. :-( I want shiny new animu clothes..on my 360..Dammit.)

I used to have a list of all the things that Japan's servers had released on the official site and it was getting quite extensive. To summarize it as clothes, status updates and titles proves your ignorance on this issue.

They have better events and rewards (actual sponsors with real prizes), more frequent and consistant content updates (every 2 weeks or better), many new items (including but not limited to clothes), balance updates (something that is blatantly neglected on the 360 servers), and even website support (ours is a joke). Yes, there is the language barrier but if you want to play PSU the Japanese servers are by far the better choice.

Dealbreaker
Jun 27, 2010, 07:34 PM
I used to have a list of all the things that Japan's servers had released on the official site and it was getting quite extensive. To summarize it as clothes, status updates and titles proves your ignorance on this issue.

They have better events and rewards (actual sponsors with real prizes), more frequent and consistant content updates (every 2 weeks or better), many new items (including but not limited to clothes), balance updates (something that is blatantly neglected on the 360 servers), and even website support (ours is a joke). Yes, there is the language barrier but if you want to play PSU the Japanese servers are by far the better choice.

The language is far to big of a barrier to even consider jumping ship....
If there was an all out translator then i would be over there right now.. But there isnt so no thanks... I know people like it but i want to read what i get.

On top of that there economy looks worse then ours. The big items there are f'ing clothes!! Sorry but haveing only one female player that i dont really run with makes that worthless.

Max B
Jun 27, 2010, 07:39 PM
The language is far to big of a barrier to even consider jumping ship....
If there was an all out translator then i would be over there right now.. But there isnt so no thanks... I know people like it but i want to read what i get.

The funny thing is there is a translator.

On top of that there economy looks worse then ours. The big items there are f'ing clothes!! Sorry but haveing only one female player that i dont really run with makes that worthless.
:-PI had to lol at this.

Dealbreaker
Jun 27, 2010, 07:44 PM
The funny thing is there is a translator.

:-PI had to lol at this.

There is only a translator for the Chat box. I got it and it never really worked right. It didnt work on the player shops or mission details so worthless.

Panda-chan
Jun 27, 2010, 07:49 PM

:wacko: You are right. I don't know what exactly they get more than us. That is why I asked.. Although it came out sarcastic.(Bitterness shows my bad side.) It's just a sad case that US/EU players have to bend over backwards to get the most out of a game. I get that there are probably more JP on the game but I'd rather they shutdown US/EU then let it sit there and suffocate while every now and then giving it CPR. But this also comes from a person who hasn't played in 2 years. I'm sure there are some people who would dread a US/EU shutdown.

Max B
Jun 27, 2010, 07:50 PM
There is only a translator for the Chat box. I got it and it never really worked right. It didnt work on the player shops or mission details so worthless.

Well, it use to work for Item Inventory. Not anymore as the person that made it is very busy right now.

Panda-chan
Jun 27, 2010, 08:03 PM
Is your opinion not a bit moot on this subject then?

I only checked this thread out because I've been thinking about going back to the game aswell. This is me right now ":-?". The only reason I wouldn't go to JP servers is well all my friends are on 360. And I agree that convincing people to go to JP is just convincing Sega to give US/EU less updates because no one is on that server anymore lol. My post before that was not meant to be taken seriously. Just keeping myself in denial that I don't need no stinkin' updates. When I do.. but no friends on JP. Decisions.

Max B
Jun 27, 2010, 08:05 PM
I only checked this thread out because I've been thinking about going back to the game aswell. This is me right now ":-?". The only reason I wouldn't go to JP servers is well all my friends are on 360. And I agree that convincing people to go to JP is just convincing Sega to give US/EU less updates because no one is on that server anymore lol. My post before that was not meant to be taken seriously. Just keeping myself in denial that I don't need no stinkin' updates. When I do.. but no friends on JP. Decisions.

O I see I understand now.