PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Your most ridiculous reason to be booted?

Cavistus
Jun 26, 2010, 05:22 PM
I'm not sure if it's just my bad luck or if I'm doing something wrong, but I've been getting kicked from parties for some really strange reasons. Over time, especially yesterday, these reasons were getting more and more bizzare and, well, rude!

First, I joined a random party without realizing that everyone but myself was xSTx. I was greeted by the leader of the party who said "50k per run". I said "Excuse me?" and was booted. I chuckled a bit while shaking my head and continued on. Good old xSTx...

Later in the day, I joined a random party containing people whose names I will refrain from mentioning. Immediately as I joined, I noticed that everyone was using mics, but I didn't feel like plugging mine in so I just did a shortcut greeting and proceeded to kill things with them. I then heard the leader's nasaly, post-pubescent, crackling voice call my character's name:

"HEY ANZEN, DO YOU HAVE A MIC?" he asks me. (I type this in all caps so as to emulate something obnoxious and irritating).

I have a USB keyboard, so I replied to him, "Yeah, but I'm listening to music." (and I was!)

I was then kicked from the party. What? I can somewhat understand the desire to talk to other people, but I can't understand why people would ever boot because I'm not speaking on a microphone. I don't particularly like voice chat, because it's a little too personal for me. Admittedly I'm introverted, but regardless for me, voice chat is similar to talking to a complete stranger on the phone. It's awkward.

I'll summarize a few other interesting incidents where I was booted for strange reasons:

- I was booted because I was male. Obviously the leader wanted to talk to some ladies.

- I enter the party, and say hello. Immediately the leader says "I do not allow expression of opinion in my party." and boots me? :S

- Funny incident here. I join a party, engage in some smalltalk, seems like an alright party. We kill stuff, we go through a couple blocks, and all of a sudden... The leader says "sorry for doing this" out of nowhere. I think to myself "ugh, here comes another boot for no reason"... and then, I get promoted to party leader. The entire party goes silent for a few seconds, and then I say "Hey... I think your kick missed. What an interesting turn of events!" The former leader doesn't reply, and simply leaves in embarrassment. It gave us quite a good laugh.

- Really weird incident here... I was in a party of four people including myself, and I struck up a conversation with the leader and another girl. We had a pretty good conversation about various stuff regarding PSU, until the male player "Vidicus" interrupted us and cussed us out, demanding that we "STFU" and play the game, even though we were actually killing things faster than he could keep up. The three of us are like "Whoa, what's eating him?" and ignore it and continue to chat. By the time we got to the third block, he curses at us again for the same reason. I'm not about to take any sort of crap from this guy, so I bite back and respond with various jabs of sarcasm and mockery. Not even 3 minutes later, the leader (whom I had thought I was on good terms with, seeing as she also displayed negative reactions towards Vidicus' behaviour) says "Anzen, I'm sorry, but my master Vidicus commands me to remove you." and I get booted.

Whhhaaaaaattttt? :-o

Anyways, that's all that can come to mind at the moment.

Share your stories; surely some of you have been booted for some ridiculous, rude, or otherwise unfair reasons. I wonder!

pikachief
Jun 26, 2010, 05:32 PM
I've been booted a few times from not speaking into the mic >.> i can respond to them just fine with my keyboard and im sure they dont wanna hear me singing to my music lol :P

But the absolute worst was when i first created my female beast, Kitty and I needed to join a train mission to help me get to seabed :P

I joined and everything was fine, but they saw my character and said "Sorry no fat chicks" at booted me right at the end :( so lame lol

Kaioken
Jun 26, 2010, 06:06 PM
The whole "no mic or we boot" thing is absolutely retarded to me. Talking with other people on a 3rd grade level conversation has nothing to do with... S rank, how fast photon arts level, speed running or normal running. If the conversation is interesting I'll join otherwise (most of the time) I'm more content to just run missions and hunt down rares with the compfort of my own music.

Kenbog
Jun 26, 2010, 06:20 PM
THIS is the reason why I dont play psu on xbox anymore I allways got booted for noting...
(for the lol, they got a rare map, they want to keep the boss drops for themself,because they are just total asses)
I was never ever booted on the PC servers, they asked if I wanted to leave there.
They should fix it with a kick vote system or something... well don't count on it

BIG OLAF
Jun 26, 2010, 06:27 PM
I'm not sure if it's just my bad luck or if I'm doing something wrong, but I've been getting kicked from parties for some really strange reasons. Over time, especially yesterday, these reasons were getting more and more bizzare and, well, rude!

First, I joined a random party without realizing that everyone but myself was xSTx. I was greeted by the leader of the party who said "50k per run". I said "Excuse me?" and was booted. I chuckled a bit while shaking my head and continued on. Good old xSTx...

Later in the day, I joined a random party containing people whose names I will refrain from mentioning. Immediately as I joined, I noticed that everyone was using mics, but I didn't feel like plugging mine in so I just did a shortcut greeting and proceeded to kill things with them. I then heard the leader's nasaly, post-pubescent, crackling voice call my character's name:

"HEY ANZEN, DO YOU HAVE A MIC?" he asks me. (I type this in all caps so as to emulate something obnoxious and irritating).

I have a USB keyboard, so I replied to him, "Yeah, but I'm listening to music." (and I was!)

I was then kicked from the party. What? I can somewhat understand the desire to talk to other people, but I can't understand why people would ever boot because I'm not speaking on a microphone. I don't particularly like voice chat, because it's a little too personal for me. Admittedly I'm introverted, but regardless for me, voice chat is similar to talking to a complete stranger on the phone. It's awkward.

I'll summarize a few other interesting incidents where I was booted for strange reasons:

- I was booted because I was male. Obviously the leader wanted to talk to some ladies.

- I enter the party, and say hello. Immediately the leader says "I do not allow expression of opinion in my party." and boots me? :S

- Funny incident here. I join a party, engage in some smalltalk, seems like an alright party. We kill stuff, we go through a couple blocks, and all of a sudden... The leader says "sorry for doing this" out of nowhere. I think to myself "ugh, here comes another boot for no reason"... and then, I get promoted to party leader. The entire party goes silent for a few seconds, and then I say "Hey... I think your kick missed. What an interesting turn of events!" The former leader doesn't reply, and simply leaves in embarrassment. It gave us quite a good laugh.

- Really weird incident here... I was in a party of four people including myself, and I struck up a conversation with the leader and another girl. We had a pretty good conversation about various stuff regarding PSU, until the male player "Vidicus" interrupted us and cussed us out, demanding that we "STFU" and play the game, even though we were actually killing things faster than he could keep up. The three of us are like "Whoa, what's eating him?" and ignore it and continue to chat. By the time we got to the third block, he curses at us again for the same reason. I'm not about to take any sort of crap from this guy, so I bite back and respond with various jabs of sarcasm and mockery. Not even 3 minutes later, the leader (whom I had thought I was on good terms with, seeing as she also displayed negative reactions towards Vidicus' behaviour) says "Anzen, I'm sorry, but my master Vidicus commands me to remove you." and I get booted.

Share your stories; surely some of you have been booted for some ridiculous, rude, or otherwise unfair reasons. I wonder!

After reading all your incidents (I feel bad saying this, but some of them were kind of funny, actually), all I have to say is:

"Welcome to White Beast! The cesspool of Xbox 360 Phantasy Star Universe! Enjoy your stay!"

I've had similar things happen to me. Basic stuff, like not using my headset (because I was in a party chat with my friends), and because I was a guy playing on a girl character, and therefor was a "tranny", as they so eloquently put it . But nothing really weird like some of your examples.

I also don't care if someone talks on a headset or not. I'm introverted myself, and have a hard time speaking to complete strangers sometimes. But, I won't boot someone for not speaking. It's their choice.

The only time I boot people is if they're being obnoxious, starting arguments, using racial slurs, running ahead of the group/stealing EXP, and picking up literally every item that drops after I've asked them (politely, mind you) not to.

TheAstarion
Jun 26, 2010, 06:41 PM
Yesterday I joined a (White Beast) party with my super lowbie, whereupon the guy immediately shouts, "DO NOT STEAL OR I BOOT U". Now I ask him what he means by stealing... Ank Bicos? That's the only thing I can think a level 60 guy would want in a C run.

"ANYFING" he says. Notice drops are on random.

So I get a garnad, and whatever, I drop it for the guy. He obviously needs it more than I do. Whether he picked it up or someone else did I don't even know, and I honestly don't care. The kicker comes at the end of the next run, where after contributing to the party more than the leechers outside, we get a Jaggo spawn while I'm clearing out the dudes on the opposite side of Jao Canyon. I run down after hearing the delightful sounds of a level 60 killing jaggos without letting anyone else get hits in, quite fancying a slice of the EXP pie, when all of a sudden everyone else's names turn grey and I get that sinking rejected feeling.

Yep, I was booted for jaggos spawning on a C, on the offchance that I might get a rare ON RANDOM.

There was also the time when I got booted by a supposed friend for using spells. "We were trying to level up" was his reason. USING SPELLS. DAMBARTA. When pressed further, he said "Well you came and joined with a level 100." to which I respond "I'm SO sorry my level 20 can't join an S run". We made friends again later, ostensibly, but never played again in the year and a half since, or even spoke.

And yes, I've been booted on more than one occasion for being a Wartecher, or for playing a female character while blatantly being a guy (What'd you rather stare at levelling from 1 to 180?), being a short PROcaseal with a high pitched helium voice (not even as high as it goes), asking someone who was blatantly setting things at 1 meseta to lure people in and boot them how much he ACTUALLY wanted for the item... or one time "Your boobs are WAY too big for your body" while wearing the melon-smuggling guardless jacket. Though the last two were from a room.

Oh, and the time a guy who was pretending to be a chick belched really loudly on the mic, shouted "Awwwwh cuh-rayap" in a Texan drawl and booted everyone but the AFKing person he was trying to get free stuff out of. It would have been funny if it weren't the last room of... MAG I think it was.

And it's not a booting anecdote, but I once told the old joke "Why did the Titanic sink?" "Because they used Kubara Wood in the Titan board", and some guy actually chewed me out in a voice message filled with extremely anry profanity, ACTUALLY BELIEVING I was seriously asking why the Titanic sunk, and being dumbfounded by my "stupidity".

I used to feel bad about booting people myself, but... it got better. I tend only to boot people who start a boss fight without me, trap me in small enclosed button-activated spaces and are douches about letting me out, ones that swear incessantly when I ask them to stop tornooboing. The first boot is the hardest, and I personally wouldn't want to become the kind of kickhappy asshat that I've hated ever since my first event.

BIG OLAF
Jun 26, 2010, 06:48 PM
I've got to put this one up here. Literally just happened five minutes ago:

I join a party, and get instantly booted. Doesn't sound like there's much out of the ordinary, but the party name/comment was "JOIN PLZ", "all welcome!!", respectively.

Figure that one out.

jaddavie
Jun 26, 2010, 07:13 PM
A friend of mine was once booted out of a buff party for his buff levels being too high. Some people are just idiots.

str898mustang
Jun 26, 2010, 07:56 PM
I was booted once for ......oh wait, I played PC/PS2 and now JP PSU...where booting doesn't happen, lol

inb4consolewar

CJ Johnny
Jun 26, 2010, 08:10 PM
There was a 'Boot-Chat' made last year.
It is in the forum somewhere.

No 50%=Boot
No Mic=Boot
10/10=Boot
All 50 Pa's=Boot
More Money then leader=Boot
High %=Boot
Your controlla out of battery, and can't change it fast enough=Boot

I belive it was 50+ more reasons.
Anyway you get the picture.... The word should be Je-l-u-y!

Dealbreaker
Jun 26, 2010, 08:17 PM
I was booted once for ......oh wait, I played PC/PS2 and now JP PSU...where booting doesn't happen, lol

inb4consolewar

I really fail to believe that people never get booted in JP PSU.... But oh well.

Ive been booted many times. Most of the time im just being an ahole... I really cant stand people talking about crap they know nothing about. People will just lie and lie with no one calling them on it. So i say something then bam booted....

Like everyone else ive been booted for rare maps and rare runs. Doesnt effect me really. I just go on with another run and let it slide. Its a Video Game and im not going to let someone hurt me over fake items.

However the best boot for me has to be when i was booted for not selling the leader my newly found Love Inferno... It was about a year and a half ago. I got lucky enough to get a Love Inferno with friends. I made it and ground it to 5/10. I run in a random WB to lvl up my stuff, When the leader ask me if ill sell him my LI. I tell him no thanks this is my first one and i like it and want to keep it. Through out the whole run he keeps offering me crap. Nothing even close to a fair offer. Near the boss he looses it and yells and me and demands i trade him it. I decline and he boots me. :D

Powder Keg
Jun 26, 2010, 08:33 PM

inb4consolewar

lmao

Sad when people have to lie to desperately get people they understand and aren't rejected on their server.

Dealbreaker
Jun 26, 2010, 08:39 PM
lmao

Sad when people have to lie to desperately get people they understand and aren't rejected on their server.

They also need people with deep pockets so they can dish out 200.00 real money for weapons....

Other then the faster updates i dont see any reason to be on the JP PSU over the 360 PSU.... Also most of the Updates are GC related so in the end worthless to me and most people.

Kaioken
Jun 26, 2010, 08:40 PM
Lol I liked your article but I think you missed the two most common "upper tier" boots
Masterforce = boot
Jabroga / Tornado Dance = boot

BIG OLAF
Jun 26, 2010, 09:01 PM
lmao

They also need people with deep pockets so they can dish out 200.00 real money for weapons....

Other then the faster updates i dont see any reason to be on the JP PSU over the 360 PSU.... Also most of the Updates are GC related so in the end worthless to me and most people.

Come on, guys. As annoying as it is to be constantly jabbed at for playing on the 360 servers, it's not worth starting fights in every topic. Just let them have their "fun".

blkbeast
Jun 26, 2010, 09:11 PM

i would neva boot yea anzen..ANNNND Funk xST..bunch of douchebagels..

XbikXBd
Jun 26, 2010, 09:30 PM
for not healing the bot as a acrotecher lol

overstockr1
Jun 26, 2010, 09:59 PM
When they boot blacklist them and problem is over!

Resanoca
Jun 27, 2010, 12:55 AM
for not healing the bot as a acrotecher lolDid Amuary boot you or something for that? xD

Shou
Jun 27, 2010, 01:16 AM
Booting was always more of an Xbox problem. I can probably count the number of times i have been booted from a random party on my hands since i started playing on day 1 of PSU.

Mighty Earth Sage
Jun 27, 2010, 01:21 AM
I've only been booted a total of 3 times combined on both servers because the leaders were all jackasses.

xBULLYDOGG
Jun 27, 2010, 01:58 AM
A few times was when during the Lightning carnival, I was trying to level a techer (for the 8th time I always kill them off) and I had a level 21 resta. A forteFighter who kept dying said and I quote "Zomfg u r bad tech" How am I supposed to heal, and get EXP when he keeps insiting on running off into the Big ass rocket shooting robot things. I manage to reply, "stop being a dipshit" just before I got ye ol boot. Another great time was also during the LC where the party name clearly said Join, so I join only to be greeted by "Bullydogg? what kinda name is that" said by xxxNinja or something like that, to which then I get Told, "your black gtfo" I say no, the say"your white gtfo" seriosuly there's no pleasing people. And my personal favorite was being asked upon entry "Bully are you a ninja" I replied no im a bullydo -boot-

inb4consolewar

I can say your wrong there. I've done did experienced it I tells ya.

Did Amuary boot you or something for that? xD

I lol'd
Seriously whats up with that person, why do they actually nail playing as a NPC down to a T?

Resanoca
Jun 27, 2010, 04:05 AM
A few times was when during the Lightning carnival, I was trying to level a techer (for the 8th time I always kill them off) and I had a level 21 resta. A forteFighter who kept dying said and I quote "Zomfg u r bad tech" How am I supposed to heal, and get EXP when he keeps insiting on running off into the Big ass rocket shooting robot things. I manage to reply, "stop being a dipshit" just before I got ye ol boot. Another great time was also during the LC where the party name clearly said Join, so I join only to be greeted by "Bullydogg? what kinda name is that" said by xxxNinja or something like that, to which then I get Told, "your black gtfo" I say no, the say"your white gtfo" seriosuly there's no pleasing people. And my personal favorite was being asked upon entry "Bully are you a ninja" I replied no im a bullydo -boot-

I can say your wrong there. I've done did experienced it I tells ya.

I lol'd
Seriously whats up with that person, why do they actually nail playing as a NPC down to a T?Yeah. I've heard from a few that they've been booted on contact for obvious reasons. *Cough* Also, Amaury might be a Lou bot.(Proto types were banned after a few days.) They shut the US servers down for a reason!

dias_flac_0g
Jun 27, 2010, 05:45 AM
Not knowing what Naruto was. This was in PC/Ps2 servers about two months into the game (back when PC servers were alive and well with over 2 unis full).

Sinue_v2
Jun 27, 2010, 06:22 AM
Booting was always more of an Xbox problem. I can probably count the number of times i have been booted from a random party on my hands since i started playing on day 1 of PSU.

Oh, I don't know, booting happened randomly and sporadically on the PC/PS2 side of the nub-hubs as well in my experience... though I can't say it's happened to me enough to make any kind of statistical significance between the two. I will say that you got booted without being given reason on the PS2/PC side far more often, which is in itself a blessing considering that you didn't have to hear the asinine "reason" you're getting booted screeched at you by some 12 year old pre-pubescent fuckwit on a power trip who's been singing like an American Idol outtake reject the whole goddamned game.

BIG OLAF
Jun 27, 2010, 08:58 AM
some 12 year old pre-pubescent fuckwit on a power trip who's been singing like an American Idol outtake reject the whole goddamned game.

Sad thing is, I know exactly the kind of person Sinue is talking about. Oh, boy, do I.

Blue_Beast
Jun 27, 2010, 09:00 AM
I just got booted 5 minutes ago, for having a bigger resta than the masterforce, and buffing after the masterforce... he was insisting that masterforce = power and his buffs are better than my level 41's yeah... i love stupid people ^_^

xmoonprismpowerx
Jun 27, 2010, 09:09 AM
For existing.

edit: holy CRAP, ANZEN. It's moonie XD omg. lol, i KNEW your sarcasm. Didn't know you were on the forums. All I can say is...

? MIC ?

P.S. : It was, "my master,,,,,,commands me to remove you,,,"

Not periods. Commas.

Cleptomaniac
Jun 27, 2010, 09:22 AM
There was like 45 people on the pc server for the last year... You really wonder why nobody booted you?

We have over one universe full - you're bound to run into morons when you have that many people. Blacklist them and eventually you'll find some decent people to run with. Most of the booting stories on here fail to divulge the fault of the storyteller anyway. "Oh, I joined a random party and got booted for no reason." When the real reason was because the person did something that was worthy of a boot.

Galax
Jun 27, 2010, 10:36 AM
I've been booted for being a Guntecher.

That's right, I'm a male newman GT, they didn't like it, so they booted me. I was like "Haha, funny" When one of them came out to cuss me out.

BIG OLAF
Jun 27, 2010, 10:49 AM
the real reason was because the person did something that was worthy of a boot.

Really? I joined a party called "JOIN PLZ, all welcome!", and was booted instantly. Like, before I could even move forward.

I fail to see what I did that was "worthy of a boot".

Care to explain?

xBladeM6x
Jun 27, 2010, 11:27 AM
Someone booted me because my ID was low. They said I had no life and needed to get off the game anyways, so that was their excuse for booting me.

I can't tell you how dumbstruck I was and how hard I began to laugh afterwords.

Panda-chan
Jun 27, 2010, 11:59 AM
Because they got the rare run. :argh:

BondFancy
Jun 27, 2010, 12:43 PM
I'd have to say when I was looking for dark god s2 runs and I join a locked game that says the password is 0000 so lone behold I got in the party.......it's a cliffhanger can anyone guess............................................. .................................................. .......
I got booted "gasp"

Max B
Jun 27, 2010, 12:55 PM
I'd have to say when I was looking for dark god s2 runs and I join a locked game that says the password is 0000 so lone behold I got in the party.......it's a cliffhanger can anyone guess............................................. .................................................. .......
I got booted "gasp"

Don't join locked parties it was your own fault you got booted.

Aleph_0
Jun 27, 2010, 01:12 PM

I love joining locked parties, but not for the mission. I just like to see how long they'll realize that nobody invited me. If the password is predictable then yeah, i'll have my fine. It's usually a minute or two of "Who is this guy?" "I thought you invited him!"

I make it a game to see how long they'll stand around confused before they boot me.

On Topic: I was in a party today, the leader was booting anyone that was walking ahead of him. He would shout DON"T GO AHEAD once then booted if it happened again. I"m not talking moving to the next room before everyone else, i'm talking just walking a few feet before the leader!

Cleptomaniac
Jun 27, 2010, 02:27 PM
Really? I joined a party called "JOIN PLZ, all welcome!", and was booted instantly. Like, before I could even move forward.

I fail to see what I did that was "worthy of a boot".

Care to explain?

Care to quote my entire paragraph? I said "most of the booting stories" not EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Nice try, though.

xBULLYDOGG
Jun 27, 2010, 02:34 PM
Oh being booted for have 3*, always a favo.

BIG OLAF
Jun 27, 2010, 03:00 PM
Oh being booted for have 3*, always a favo.

That doesn't even make sense. Usually that's a very good reason to want to keep somebody.

pikachief
Jun 27, 2010, 03:19 PM
The only reason i usually ever have for booting someone is when im soloing and my password is 0000. If Its locked its probably because I dont want you in there. Oh you joined? Sorry boot lol

Its 0000 for my friends to join without having to ask what the password is lol :P anyone i dont know, booted :) If I wanted you to join I would've left it open :P

BondFancy
Jun 27, 2010, 03:47 PM

Yes it was locked but they put the password in the description and said join; sorry I wasn't clear enough.

Aeris the techer
Jun 27, 2010, 05:58 PM
okay... I have several really stupid (but typical) reasons for being booted over my 3 years of playing, but I'm going to share some of my most memorable ones :D

The first, and possibly the worst (because its so stupid on my part), reason i was booted that I can recall was when I was trading a frying pan for a gudda skela (this is july/august 2007 mind you) so it was a killer deal. So, me being a noob, decided to agree to a drop trade with this guy. So, we get in the mission and we are like a room apart and I can see that the guy dropped something golden on the ground (yes i thought it was the weapon) so he told me to drop my frying pan, which i did, and just as soon as he said "GO!" we were running to pick up each other's items and WHAM, i get booted (I didn't even know that you could do that at the time LOL) and lose like 250k which is the equivalent to about 5mil today. Pretty dumb huh? But I've never been more pissed off in my life. It took 2 weeks to get that money back >.<

The next one was pretty recent. I saw this group trying to get a buff party together and they were obviously desperate to get it going and full. So, me being a nice person, I'm thinking "hey, I've been there before, let me help these guys out." So I wave to join and they're all like "okay let's go" so we go and get into the mission and then someone apparently sees that I have all lv50 spells (why they need to do this... I don't know) so they get all pissed off because they're like "ZOMFG?>@# ALL 50's" I'm like, "yeah, but I can help because I'll stay with you guys to level your buffs" and before I can even say anything I get booted and, wait for it, LOCKED OUT! LIKE I CAN ACTUALLY COME BACK IN YOU IDIOT... WTF? seriously? I mean, holy crap you guys just spent like 20 minutes trying to find a 6th person to join you and you boot me because I'm trying to help? cool. I love PSU but It just doesn't pay off to be nice sometimes.

Now, this next one is pretty good...
So I'm in a full party and we're running the electric carnival bonus game (what's it called?) protectors alpha i guess? and I'm in a good group (I mean everyone's got the right armors and weapons and stuff). So we get started and we go all the way through that ridiculously-hard sequence of missions and somehow (I don't know so don't ask me) SOME-FREAKING HOW, 2 people and I get K.O.'ed by megid from a carriguine and the leader goes crazy mad, (but remember we're all in the waiting "death room" now so we can't see anything) and the leader obviously gets wrecked because all the other people are dead and (LOL) when he dies and gets into the room all I can see is his name turn orange and I quickly plug in my mic just to hear what he's saying and all I hear is this insanely loud "UUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKK" LMAO and then he boots everyone! it was so great because apparently those were his last tickets and when we get back out into the lobby he's cussing like a maniac saying how people suck so bad "these days." Ahhhh, good times. The best part of it is, he only had to do a couple of runs to get some tickets but that must have been too much for him.

xBULLYDOGG
Jun 27, 2010, 06:55 PM
That doesn't even make sense. Usually that's a very good reason to want to keep somebody.

How does it not make sense. You do realise that a lot of people on our server are idiots right?

BIG OLAF
Jun 27, 2010, 08:59 PM
How does it not make sense. You do realise that a lot of people on our server are idiots right?

Oh, yeah. I keep forgetting. ^^;

milranduil
Jun 27, 2010, 09:44 PM
I was kicked from a party by Amaury back in V1 for joining his non-passworded game. He then told me to leave for doing too much damage in his party. Before I got a chance to even respond, /boot. I lol'd.

neilp4453
Jun 27, 2010, 09:47 PM
I recall only one experience.

I still remember the name too. A player by the name of Yung Jeezy decided to boot me because I had nothing in my hands. He failed to realize I was using traps.

This was about 2.5 years ago though. I'm sure a lot of people have used that name since then.

unicorn
Jun 27, 2010, 10:27 PM
I was kicked from a party by Amaury back in V1 for joining his non-passworded game. He then told me to leave for doing too much damage in his party. Before I got a chance to even respond, /boot. I lol'd.

You know whats funny? Amaury booted me for joining his open party, but because my CAST Masterforce was doing more damage than his Newman Fortetecher.

Yeah.

BIG OLAF
Jun 27, 2010, 10:30 PM
You know whats funny? Amaury booted me for joining his open party, but because my CAST Masterforce was doing more damage than his Newman Fortetecher.

Yeah.

Somehow, I think everyone's going to think I'm a complete moron for asking this, but:

Who the hell is Amaury? It sounds like everyone knows/knew him, and that he was a total tool.

Can someone elaborate, please?

Shou
Jun 27, 2010, 11:00 PM
Somehow, I think everyone's going to think I'm a complete moron for asking this, but:

Who the hell is Amaury? It sounds like everyone knows/knew him, and that he was a total tool.

You could look at his posting history to see.

xBULLYDOGG
Jun 27, 2010, 11:02 PM
I recall only one experience.

I still remember the name too. A player by the name of Yung Jeezy decided to boot me because I had nothing in my hands. He failed to realize I was using traps.

This was about 2.5 years ago though. I'm sure a lot of people have used that name since then.

I lol'd

Where to start. The guys a tool and would generally from what I have seen always have something to say to negate your opinion only for theirs to be bitch slapped down after. He for some god dam annoying reason insists on playing as an NPC literally, he even had the shortcuts for it, neutral weapons (no diss to people who use them) and he would only press what we know as the X button to attack, and every now and then throw in a Y button. you know when NPCs heal they heal three times before switching back over to a weapon, and they still heal even if the health is at 100%? yeah he does that too, perfectly.

Max B
Jun 27, 2010, 11:23 PM
I lol'd

Where to start. The guys a tool and would generally from what I have seen always have something to say to negate your opinion only for theirs to be bitch slapped down after. He for some god dam annoying reason insists on playing as an NPC literally, he even had the shortcuts for it, neutral weapons (no diss to people who use them) and he would only press what we know as the X button to attack, and every now and then throw in a Y button. you know when NPCs heal they heal three times before switching back over to a weapon, and they still heal even if the health is at 100%? yeah he does that too, perfectly.
He likes role playing whats wrong with that just because it is out of the norm does not make it a bad thing.

Powder Keg
Jun 27, 2010, 11:32 PM
Amaury seemed to have slowly grown into a human being in the latter PC/PS2 days, but with them gone we'll never be certain.

On the forum he just likes to be a dick. It's funny sometimes though. :)

xBULLYDOGG
Jun 28, 2010, 12:24 AM
He likes role playing whats wrong with that just because it is out of the norm does not make it a bad thing.

I'm not saying it is a bad thing, I'm saying he takes it way to far.
That much NPC isn't healthy for the human mind. And don't even think about bringing my Holupe Dence character into this :-x

desturel
Jun 28, 2010, 08:10 AM
Hmm, I've only been booted once in the game. Back when Desert Goliath was released, I decided I would try my hand at Universe 1 since I normally soloed everywhere, but Desert Goliath was a bit too hard for a solo fortetecher. So I jumped in an open party that had 4 people. Two fighgunners and two fortegunners. I buffed an healed the party for about 15 minutes before they even noticed I was in the party. IIRC the conversation went like this. (I didn't have my mic at the time, so this is the rest of the party)

Guy 1 "Hey, why am I hitting for more damage"
Guy 2 "I don't know, but I've been hitting for more too. We're buffed"
Guy 1 "What the hell? Hey, who's that guy in the party?"
Guy 2 "I don't know"
Guy 3 "I don't know him either"
Guy 4 "Don't look at me"
Guy 1 "Oh well, goodbye noob."

You have been removed from the party.

I don't know if it was more funny or sad that it took ten minutes for them to not only notice that I was in the group, but to also notice that they had buffs on and were being healed. Other than that one time I've never been booted. I've been asked to leave a few times, but that's about it.

Tetsaru
Jun 28, 2010, 10:30 AM
My most ridiculous reason to be booted?

Being booted from PSU permanently by Sega for being on the PC/PS2 servers. :wacko:

Course, I've been "booted" from PSO-World for ranting in the Rants section, so go figure... >_>

Seriously though, out of the few times I've been booted, it was usually for picking up "junk" items. I just don't understand why people have to hold their ENTIRE INVENTORY on their character when they're only doing runs of a specific mission, and more items picked up = more profits for you later on when you sell them, or keep them if they're actually useful. :confused:

Vickie
Jun 28, 2010, 12:14 PM
i got booted one time because i had the only "rikauteri", right Pikachief? lmao! ( i still havent forgotten about that XD)

pikachief
Jun 28, 2010, 12:50 PM
i got booted one time because i had the only "rikauteri", right Pikachief? lmao! ( i still havent forgotten about that XD)

I did? hahaha dont remember but sounds like something i would've done back then lol you had one but you found 2 ;) lol

Also did you ever find that elusive Needle Cannon? LOL XD

neilp4453
Jun 28, 2010, 01:17 PM
I'm not saying it is a bad thing, I'm saying he takes it way to far.
That much NPC isn't healthy for the human mind. And don't even think about bringing my Holupe Dence character into this :-x

The guy is super ignorant. He just doesn't realize half the things he says are wrong. Somehow I don't think he is joking around with a majority of the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

He is very knowledgeable about single player though.

His most recent post on the official forums was hilarious. He failed to realize that not all schools begin and end on the same day. He "corrected" someone because of that. Later on, he caught an error in his grammer and wanted someone who quoted him to fix it in the quoted post. I didn't read the whole thing, but the consensus at the end was that there was no mistake on his grammer.

Aleph_0
Jun 28, 2010, 02:08 PM
Being booted for "not using a photon art" on my twin handguns. He didn't bother to check that the neutral color meant I was using Twin Penetration.

Aeris the techer
Jun 28, 2010, 05:50 PM
So I joined a party 2 days ago and I was trying to help them finish off what monsters they had left before i buffed. But then the leader was like "say, fortetechers have buffs don't they?" (I'm thinking "oh God, just make my day you sunnuva *****.") So anyway, I held back and decided to go ahead and buff everyone, even though half of them didn't want them and moved on ahead of me (that's why I usually wait until everyone is in the same spot and are going to stay there). So, the leader notices that everyone doesn't have buffs, and I sure as hell ain't going to buff again as I am not an Acrotecher... I AM A FORTETECHER. So he get's pissed again and is like "See, that's what I can't stand, a techer that doesn't care to buff/heal." ............................. really...? is that it? so that's me huh? I don't buff or heal (even though anyone who has been in a party with me knows that I do almost constantly). I had to leave and keep my dignity before I got booted by this ass.

NOTE TO PLAYERS: wanna piss a techer off? do this same garbage. I didn't level all my spells to be your maid. Kiss it. It's only by choice that I bless you with my spells, not your right.

Max B
Jun 28, 2010, 05:57 PM
So I joined a party 2 days ago and I was trying to help them finish off what monsters they had left before i buffed. But then the leader was like "say, fortetechers have buffs don't they?" (I'm thinking "oh God, just make my day you sunnuva *****.") So anyway, I held back and decided to go ahead and buff everyone, even though half of them didn't want them and moved on ahead of me (that's why I usually wait until everyone is in the same spot and are going to stay there). So, the leader notices that everyone doesn't have buffs, and I sure as hell ain't going to buff again as I am not an Acrotecher... I AM A FORTETECHER. So he get's pissed again and is like "See, that's what I can't stand, a techer that doesn't care to buff/heal." ............................. really...? is that it? so that's me huh? I don't buff or heal (even though anyone who has been in a party with me knows that I do almost constantly). I had to leave and keep my dignity before I got booted by this ass.

NOTE TO PLAYERS: wanna piss a techer off? do this same garbage. I didn't level all my spells to be your maid. Kiss it. It's only by choice that I bless you with my spells, not your right.
No, you buff me when I tell you to and that is final. :-D [spoiler-box]jk[/spoiler-box]

Aeris the techer
Jun 28, 2010, 06:28 PM
No, you buff me when I tell you to and that is final. :-D [spoiler-box]jk[/spoiler-box]

This made me laugh, but in a good way :-P

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 28, 2010, 07:45 PM
You should really ask the leader if you can battle with them first..I find it so wierd when some stranger joins me without asking..it's like hello who are you........or those annoying booters should just put a passcode on the party..

xBULLYDOGG
Jun 28, 2010, 09:27 PM
I didn't read the whole thing, but the consensus at the end was that there was no mistake on his grammer.

Who seriously cares about grammar on the internetz. It's not a spelling bee.

P.s. You spelt grammar wrong there's no e.

RemiusTA
Jun 28, 2010, 09:48 PM
I've been booted a few times from not speaking into the mic >.> i can respond to them just fine with my keyboard and im sure they dont wanna hear me singing to my music lol :P

But the absolute worst was when i first created my female beast, Kitty and I needed to join a train mission to help me get to seabed :P

I joined and everything was fine, but they saw my character and said "Sorry no fat chicks" at booted me right at the end :( so lame lol

Sorry just have to say i've been laughing at this for like the last minute

Typestatic
Jun 28, 2010, 10:19 PM
Sorry just have to say i've been laughing at this for like the last minute

Ditto XD

Someone booted me because my ID was low. They said I had no life and needed to get off the game anyways, so that was their excuse for booting me.

I can't tell you how dumbstruck I was and how hard I began to laugh afterwords.

Oh Blade, this is amazing lol

Gahnik
Jun 30, 2010, 10:47 PM
Ok, so I don't really know how ridiculous this is, but just a few minutes ago, I was on the second run of WB with a party, that in the description said "I don't kick." We're in the second block of the run and I get a message from a friend over Live. I stop to read it, which takes like all of five seconds, then close the menu and start running again to join up with everyone. As soon as I go to transfer to the next block to join with everyone else, I get booted.

Akumamaru
Jul 1, 2010, 01:55 AM
being a newman fortefighter

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 1, 2010, 03:30 AM
i was booted for being a white cracker ass honky lol