PDA

View Full Version : can i still play psu story mode on pc?

Devin2301
Jun 28, 2010, 01:45 PM
i just found the game and wanted to play it again. so i installed it and tried to do story mode - because servers are off.. and its asking me for a sega id or something and ive been searching around and every website that ive seen that signs you up is broken or something.... anybody know if i can still play story mode?

TenebriS
Jun 28, 2010, 02:03 PM
you still can play the story mode, but offline, not in network mode, you need internet connection for gameguard tho

Devin2301
Jun 28, 2010, 02:17 PM
you still can play the story mode, but offline, not in network mode, you need internet connection for gameguard tho

when i chose story mode the gameguard checks itself then goes onto the game which then tells me to enter my id and password... i don't know where to register for an account

Tyreek
Jun 28, 2010, 03:48 PM
Are you sure you selected Story Mode and NOT Newwork Mode? It shouldn't be asking you for an ID and password.

TenebriS
Jun 28, 2010, 04:18 PM
Be sure to choose the first option caled "STORY MODE" and not network mode, Story mode just needs Gameguard, but no ID, please try again and hopefully you start the launcher not the psuonline.exe :o

Devin2301
Jun 28, 2010, 04:26 PM
yea im selecting story mode, i did both to see and they both asked for it

Devin2301
Jun 28, 2010, 04:46 PM
i re-installed it and worked... lol

TenebriS
Jun 28, 2010, 04:46 PM
the story mode doesnt need an ID, where exactly it akss you for an ID?

str898mustang
Jun 28, 2010, 05:15 PM
I dunno if it does it for the US version but on the JP version, if u dont check the "save story mode data" or something like that(it's in the options), it will ask u for a ID and password each time u start the game.

TenebriS
Jun 28, 2010, 06:09 PM
Really? I checked it anyway, i dont want to restart always from beginning, maybe send us a screen what exactly are your options and send us also screens from the ID question. Just upload it in your album and then link it here, with this we know how to help you.