PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jun 28, 2010, 01:47 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering how I can play JP PSU? I guess I need a JP version of PSU, the sites I checked are all out of stock. I'm guessing, like with PSOBB private server people can't suggest where else I might find it? ;) Still needs must, i'm desparate to re-play PSU and my 360 isn't having it, please see below thread if anyone could please help? :(

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178981

However A few friends did join JP PSU, in a way I like the idea of it as I prefer PC gaming but I guess englsh speaking players are a bit alienated, plus I guess all the menus are JP and jeeez...maybe it's not such a good idea :-?

Tifa

Aka
Jun 28, 2010, 02:08 PM
You can download the JP client legally from the official site, which means free course players could play without paying anything. To play premium, you just have to buy a game key (and subscription later) from the official site.

The Japanese menus and such are a problem at first but if you played PSU enough in english, you'll be able to navigate most of the menus out of habit. Most items names are in katakana, so with a katakana chart, you can easily figure out what most of the items are.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jun 28, 2010, 02:14 PM
Hiya,

Thanks for the info, i'm downloading it now :) Although the x3 bin files are trying to save as a VLC media player file. Is this normal or should I save it under "All File Types"?

Tifa

Aka
Jun 28, 2010, 02:30 PM
Save as "All File Types". They are .bin files which shouldn't be any sort of media file.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jun 28, 2010, 02:37 PM
Hi again,

Thank you so much. This has made my day :D

Shame the download speeds slow, still coming from JP what did I expect.

Thanks again,

Tifa

SuKKrl
Jun 28, 2010, 03:34 PM
Those 2 threads might help:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176829&highlight=info

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174212&highlight=info

The second one might have some outdated info.

I recommend using PSUJP Translator. It might not be translating items right now, but sometimes it is useful to (partially) understand some JP messages. ;-)

Typestatic
Jun 28, 2010, 03:40 PM
Hi again,

Shame the download speeds slow, still coming from JP what did I expect.

Thanks again,

Tifa

Should be a steady 200~400kbit/s depending on your ISP.
It'll patch up the game after you log in which won't take long either o/

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jun 28, 2010, 03:42 PM
HIya,

D'aw I wish its at ~13kb/s my brothers on internet so yeah....42 hours for part 1 of 3 pahahaha

Tifa

Aka
Jun 28, 2010, 04:26 PM
Try download all 3 parts at the same time. I remember when I did it, each part downloaded at the same rate no matter if I had one, two or all three parts downloading at the same time.

Typestatic
Jun 28, 2010, 04:41 PM
HIya,

D'aw I wish its at ~13kb/s my brothers on internet so yeah....42 hours for part 1 of 3 pahahaha

Tifa

Oh pardon me, hello!

whoamg amazing speed indeed @_@; lol

Try download all 3 parts at the same time. I remember when I did it, each part downloaded at the same rate no matter if I had one, two or all three parts downloading at the same time.

Ooh... that's good. Then again, the SkeedReceiver program does everything now so there's no need for the parts. Well, either way works :3

str898mustang
Jun 28, 2010, 04:46 PM
Oh pardon me, hello!

whoamg amazing speed indeed @_@; lol

Ooh... that's good. Then again, the SkeedReceiver program does everything now so there's no need for the parts. Well, either way works :3

The skeed reciever didn't do to well on my end. It would go to 100kb then drop to 0 then to another high number and drop to 0. I eventually cancelled the DL and downloaded all three .bin files.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jun 29, 2010, 12:31 AM
Hi all,

Well its finished dowqnloading all parts, it's installed and I've set browser to add JP language. However AppLocale keeps coming up with a really unhelpful message upon install. I'm running Win7 64 Bit OS. Error message simply says:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. COntact your support personnel or package vendor"

Shame it didn't state a specific issue instead of being so vague :( Please help? I'm going onto getting my guardians license now i'm guessing this lack of AppLocale will affect typing in game?

Tifa

Typestatic
Jun 29, 2010, 12:52 AM
Hi all,

Well its finished dowqnloading all parts, it's installed and I've set browser to add JP language. However AppLocale keeps coming up with a really unhelpful message upon install. I'm running Win7 64 Bit OS. Error message simply says:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. COntact your support personnel or package vendor"

Hmmm...
Is your system locale set to Japan? (under region and language settings in control panel)

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jun 29, 2010, 01:13 AM
Hiya,

I found a work around and AppLocale installed correctly however. In the video link Sukkrl sent it says I should be able to right click PSU icon on desktop and select run locale. There isn't this option for me on Win7 :(

However it only seems to be for the first option menu, I remember how to tweak graphics settings so it shouldn't be an issue.

How do I purchase Guardians License tho?

I can't believe i'm on PSU again :D It's just patching at the moment. But i'm wondering 2 things. Firstly do character names have to be in JP? If so my second question is this, for any JP savvy people could you check the below link and tell me which part of that JP name just says Tifa?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tifa_Lockhart

Tifa

SuKKrl
Jun 29, 2010, 01:41 AM
They don't need to be in written with jp symbols, but most characters have them.

On the wiki link: ティファ・ロックハート, Tifa Rokkuhāto - writing this with jp-ime (use full width katakana for that) would be texifa (ティファ) / rokkuha-to (ロックハート) (/ on english keyboard is ・on jp)

About the License: https://charge.isao.net/profile_oem/login.cgi?pn=psu

Log in here and its the first option (a katakana chart will help for the captcha and in-game, like this one: http://www.feyrer.de/JP/hk.gif ) ;-)

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jun 29, 2010, 02:17 AM
Hiya,

Thanks for all the info :) I just started a few linear line runs, takes me back lol. Tried innocent girl but there's some error message after trying to select mission. From what I recall you have to be at least level 10 but I could be wrong...

Anyways I got to go to work, which is a shame I wanna play more PSU :(
But thanks for all the help guys this has made my day/month/year. Feels like Xmas :P

Tifa

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jun 29, 2010, 03:47 AM
Hiya,

finally managed to get into the purchase page. The activation/verification code was hilarious. A word search using the automated SEGA emails and wiki alphabet chart to find the symbols for the code pahahaha. Got there in the end. but i'm at work and can't download google toolbar so no translation. The first purchase otpion had various amounts of GC, i assume this is guardian cash? Still, wehn I get home I can translate pages and get where I need to be.

I think Innocent girl isn't in free version hence the error message as I recall playing it on 360 with my level 5 char without a problem. Anyways i'll get it all sorted tonight I hope

Tifa