PDA

View Full Version : New PSZ player!

Ryouji
Jun 29, 2010, 05:22 PM
Hello, all! I haven't received my game in the mail, yet, but I am stoked to start playing.

I was wondering if there are any tips or tricks I should know about, or if I should just go about it like I did Phantasy Star Online?
I like the idea that they returned to PSO's method of classes/races/genders affecting each other. PSU detracted from that, I think. (Which is why I've been playing on my Dreamcast and Gamecube lately.)

I'm a little disappointed that the Phantasy Star 0 site doesn't have a whole lot of info, so I've been trying to research on here.

Info/advice/comments would be awesome!

Cruciarius
Jun 29, 2010, 07:18 PM
Mags are different from the PSO mags, so maybe look into those.

L + start = quick access to your items, like mates, fluids, etc.
R + start = quick access to equip list
L or R + Y = moves camera

Since you've played PSO, I imagine you know the race benefits.

Chukie sue
Jun 29, 2010, 08:15 PM
Ignore the "difficulty" SEGA tags on each race, for one.

Celeb is the best element if you're looking to kill em' fast.

Item's drop rates are increased during online play.

Dont be afraid to use item - they -were-, in fact, meant to be used; not horded.

A well played force is the best class, followed by a well played hunter, then, of course, a ranger. Though you shouldnt let this influence which character you create - any class can hold its own with the right equips.

Hope that helped o:

Cruciarius
Jun 29, 2010, 08:30 PM
^ As Chukie said, WiFi games have higher drop rates.

Should add that quests have lower drop rates, but more exp.

Level cap is 100.

Chukie sue
Jun 29, 2010, 08:54 PM
^ As Chukie said, WiFi games have higher drop rates.

Should add that quests have lower drop rates, but more exp.

Level cap is 100.

Yeah, thanks :p

On average, you achieve level 100 after about 120 hours of gameplay. (Without spamming X element - an element that gives bonus Exp, or Black & White - a quest that is arguably the fastest way to level up)

Ryouji
Jun 30, 2010, 12:22 PM
Cool, thanks guys.

I'll take that into consideration.

Much appreciated.

SolarSamurai
Jun 30, 2010, 04:46 PM
Welcome and hope you have fun with your new game~! :3

Ranmaru
Jun 30, 2010, 10:07 PM
I intend on getting this game! I got Pokemon HeartGold, and now PS 0 is the only thing in my brain that stands out haha.

Maybe I will get this in , around two weeks. Well I mean, more than that, but that is when I will order it. : D

Ryouji
Jun 30, 2010, 11:26 PM
Cool. I'm hoping to get my game in.. a day or two. (HURREH UP MAILMAN. ORS AM GONNA GO POST-ALL ON YU.)

SolarSamurai
Jul 1, 2010, 09:42 AM
Woooo~! When you get it wanna do some runs? :D
Also I has pokemon Heart Gold too~! Ish awsome ^^

Ranmaru
Jul 1, 2010, 11:42 AM
Cool. I'm hoping to get my game in.. a day or two. (HURREH UP MAILMAN. ORS AM GONNA GO POST-ALL ON YU.)

Whoa awesome! Have fun, and I know you will! : D POST that maleman! : D

Woooo~! When you get it wanna do some runs? :D
Also I has pokemon Heart Gold too~! Ish awsome ^^

Yes yes I so want to do some runs! : D

And we should battle too! HAHA yes I agree. : ]

Chukie sue
Jul 1, 2010, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the PSZ community then :O

Ryouji
Jul 1, 2010, 03:19 PM
Hmm.. nothin' yet. Stupid mail. This seller just had to go and not have tracking for their packages..

But yea, I would love to do some runs.
Add me to your friends/contacts here on the forums so we can keep in contact with PMing.

Ranmaru
Jul 1, 2010, 03:31 PM
Ok kool will do. : D Yeah it does take forever eh? Yeah mail sucks. Luckily this is the only we all can get the game. I haven't seen this game at Gamestop that is for sure.

Ryouji
Jul 1, 2010, 03:32 PM
Yea, I know. That sucks. >.< Oh well.
~Bounces in seat.~ Want.. want.. want...

Ranmaru
Jul 1, 2010, 03:37 PM
Don't worry! LIsten to this while waiting (lol) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ6ZW5wv13A&NR=1

I am sure you might have listened to it but hey maybe it's been some time since you did.

Krono
Jul 1, 2010, 03:50 PM
It's good to have relatively new users of PS0. I just started not too long ago myself....so there should be people at around the same level to do some runs ^-^

Ryouji
Jul 1, 2010, 03:56 PM
Yep. That'll be nice. I'm pretty excited.

Ranmaru
Jul 1, 2010, 04:04 PM
Kool Krono I will play with you as well. : D

Ryouji
Jul 1, 2010, 04:16 PM
Wish my internet wasn't so sketchy. Of course if I'm thiefing it from neighbours, not much I can ask for, huh..
Need own internet.. >.<

Krono
Jul 1, 2010, 04:37 PM
Sounds good Ran. Hope you guys are able to get your games soon ^-^

Ranmaru
Jul 1, 2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks, and we will. ^_^ (hopefully lol)

Ryouji
Jul 1, 2010, 05:13 PM
If that dern mail-man ever brings it...
~Fume.. fume.. fume.~

Ranmaru
Jul 2, 2010, 11:25 AM
I ordered it today. ;D

iNocturne
Jul 2, 2010, 11:35 AM
Yay for new PSZ players, or rather future players!
Hope your game arrives soon, as it really is a nice little DS title. :3

I've had the game since... December? Though I recently restarted all my characters and have started playing it seriously recently... But I'd be more than happy to play with all of you once you get your games, and same goes for those already playing PSZ. :3 Feel free to toss friend requests/PM's if you add me to your wifi, just so I know to do the same? :3

Ranmaru
Jul 2, 2010, 03:04 PM
Yes it would be cool to play with you too. I added you. : D

Ranji
Jul 2, 2010, 08:45 PM
Don't sweat it too bad man, I just got this thing too (last night in fact), can't remember my FC offhand, but if you check my profile, it should be listed there, all names point to Ranji :P.

Ryouji
Jul 3, 2010, 06:50 PM
MY GAME IZ HERR~~ Now I just need to find places to get on the interwebs, because the connection I use here at home is no good. Sigh. Friendcode coming soon~

P.S., I have a used copy, so I had to edit my friendcode nickname. x.x
However, that should be okay!

Ranmaru
Jul 3, 2010, 07:26 PM
YAY! Now I'M the one going in fumes waiting for MY PSZ xD

Although I bought it new haha. : D

I also hope my connection is good. I mean, it's fast... But I hope the wireless CONNECTION is good xD

Chaos Rappy
Jul 3, 2010, 07:51 PM
MY GAME IZ HERR~~ Now I just need to find places to get on the interwebs, because the connection I use here at home is no good. Sigh. Friendcode coming soon~

P.S., I have a used copy, so I had to edit my friendcode nickname. x.x
However, that should be okay!

Or, if you want to delete all data on the card, hold A+B+X+Y+L+R when the game's starting up so you can basically start it up again as if it were new.

Ryouji
Jul 3, 2010, 11:30 PM
Already put a whole lot of hard work into it.
My connection is too poor to play it online at my house, I'll have to go to free wifi places until we get better interwebs. >.<

Chaos Rappy
Jul 3, 2010, 11:32 PM
I dunno how much "hard work" you can put into it with how long you've probably had it, but okay. : /

Just make sure that two certain titles are not complete: the one that requires all 15 Hard Mode quests to be beat, or "The Completist" (yes, "The Completist" is the name of the title, not "The Completionist"). Both give you items that can only be gotten from them and nothing else: Compress PA, and Heaven Element. If those titles HAVE been gotten, then make sure you have either or both of them, otherwise starting over is your best option. <_<

Ryouji
Jul 3, 2010, 11:37 PM
No titles had been gotten on this game. I don't have to worry. The previous player only had a level 9 Humar, and his last save was November of 2009. x3

Chaos Rappy
Jul 3, 2010, 11:40 PM
One title WAS gotten though, just from what you told me: Greenhorn Hunter. ;P

Ryouji
Jul 3, 2010, 11:46 PM
True. But somehow I managed to get that title also. So.. eh. Oh well.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 3, 2010, 11:56 PM
That, or he already had it and just never checked his Records, and therefore was never "given" the title. You automatically get it when you reach level 3.

Ryouji
Jul 4, 2010, 12:25 AM
Well. That's okay. I can still get the items.

Ranmaru
Jul 4, 2010, 03:34 PM
That is really cool that you get titles. : D

steaIth
Jul 5, 2010, 11:37 AM
i remember waiting to get this game. i had to wait a week after finding this site for my birthday. it was very tempting to get it early. my wifi isn't working now though.

ARChan
Jul 5, 2010, 11:38 PM
Hey, Ryouji. If you're still looking for some gameplay tricks you can do in the game, click the link in my signature. I've purposely left out a few because I find them extremely cheap.

Ryouji
Jul 6, 2010, 04:54 PM
Sigh, I hate free wifi-places. You have to "agree" in order to use the internet.
Thus I cannot connect with my DS. Because there's no "browser" for me to hit an "agree" button in. Sigh.. foiled again.

Bleh.. friend code will be coming when I have some form of internet where this is not the case.
Either way, I'm in a Barnes and Noble for now. Free, hi-power internet.

Chukie sue
Jul 6, 2010, 05:25 PM
Best o luck :/

Ryouji
Jul 6, 2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks. In all of this time, I have, however, reached the final boss on normal with my RAcaseal. She is being Level 33.
I'm having trouble with the final boss, even though I have a guide. Sigh. So I had to give up the quest and start some leveling. >.>
I've also started up my FOnewearl.

Chukie sue
Jul 6, 2010, 05:57 PM
I think the first time I fought the final boss was around level 60... I was addicted to wifi freeplay - thats literally -all- I did :p

Ryouji
Jul 6, 2010, 06:05 PM
Eh. Of course I don't have Wifi. Lol~ Therefore I had nothing BUT Story to play. Lol. It's still a good story, I think.
Dark Falz.. the bastard.. lol. Transdimensional parasitical prick. Lol. "I've travelled across space-time to possess you, and this is how you treat me! Die!..." (Battle ensues.) "Augh~ I've been defeated again. Damn you, I'll be BACK.. in SOME iteration of Phantasy Star!!"

-------
Edit:
I'm going to go. My group of people is bored sitting here at Barnes and Noble. I don't know when I'll be able to get on next.
The people we're "borrowing" internet from are starting to turn their router off and stuff. So the internet is failing a lot more. Oh well. I'll post when I can. Hopefully we can get internet of our own soon.
Until then, I'll be leveling my characters. >.<

Chukie sue
Jul 6, 2010, 07:05 PM
buh bye!

Ranmaru
Jul 6, 2010, 07:16 PM
Aww man that sucks. : [ I'm pretty sure if you got verizon highspeed, with a wireless router, that would be how you could do it. (unless you don't have funds)

But hope you manage to figure out a way to get to a wifi hotspot.

ARChan
Jul 6, 2010, 08:55 PM
Of course, there's a way to bypass the "agree" thing in the free internet areas. You could always a laptop with a wireless function to the place, do the agree stuff, and then plug in the USB wifi attachment to your laptop. That's one way to get around, but it's better to have a friend with you to use the laptop, just so that it would not seem like you're just wasting space.

Ranmaru
Jul 8, 2010, 04:04 PM
Whoo now I have the game! YAYYYYY. : D