PDA

View Full Version : Just notice that AOI is free. Cool but...

dias_flac_0g
Jun 30, 2010, 02:47 AM
I've notice that it's supposed to be a "Thank you" to the "Loyal" fans. Sure that sounds nice and all, but like some have pointed out, the loyal fans are the ones who bought it already...

That aside, it's not really a rant at all. I actually think that's pretty cool of them to do that :) It's just not a "true" thank you to the "true" loyal fans.

A "true" thank you to the loyal fans would be something like, making an offline patch before the servers go down for good letting us keep our char and equipment so we can use it offline.

Now that right there would be the BESTEST!! THANK YOU! you could ever give a loyal fan. Atleast IMO.

If Sega were to do this I would love them forevar! <3

A decent alternative, could be like 5 months free for us who have been loyal for the 3 years the game has been out for. That would be cool too, but by all means not as awesome as letting us keep our actual characters for offline mode. I love my psu char and I would love to keep it :)

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jun 30, 2010, 02:57 AM
I see where you're coming from. Offline mode has been so necessary. So many people solo so why should they have to do this online? But I'm sure most PC/PS2 players would argue that SEGA should have perhaps found a way to transfer accounts to Xbox or JP servers.

As there were countless loyal players of the now shut down servers who lost so much gaming time and work put into their accounts. I've started JP PSU yesterday as I found xbox to be unplayable lag, it's all a bit daunting but I somewhat wish I didn't have to start again as I lost nearly 2000 hours on PC PSU and to think I might put in that much effort again just to have it removed and then start again on the private server (when its operational) but also i'm kinda excited about starting again. We shall have to see how long my enthusiasm lasts but right now after several months away from PSU I feel like a kid at xmas :D

Tifa

Shou
Jun 30, 2010, 03:18 AM
Its just another little thing SEGAC is using to cover up the fact that they are not releasing any new content on the Xbox servers. I am realy disappointed in a lot of the posters on the official forums that are giving so much praise to SEGAC for this. I swear if some of those people saw Edward pick up a pice of trash they would drop everything and bow down to him in worship, hoping to get a good whiff of his ass. It's pathetic really.

Powder Keg
Jun 30, 2010, 07:02 AM
lol, you guys aren't able to make sense of anything, are you?

They're thanking us because they were able to make it free because of our support....so they are thanking us. It isn't necessarily for us, although it can make the population even larger now.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a full download completely free after the supplemental is released and tested out to be bug-free.

Karen Erra
Jun 30, 2010, 08:00 AM
Its just another little thing SEGAC is using to cover up the fact that they are not releasing any new content on the Xbox servers. I am realy disappointed in a lot of the posters on the official forums that are giving so much praise to SEGAC for this. I swear if some of those people saw Edward pick up a pice of trash they would drop everything and bow down to him in worship, hoping to get a good whiff of his ass. It's pathetic really.

I totally agree with you Shou. What SEGA said what will come, and what we see right now is a big difference. While the Japanese Serverse get an update nearly every 1 or 2 weeks with new content, missions, whatever (I'm so glad i'm on JP and not 360), the XBOX 360 have to wait weeks and monthes for crappy things... And they don't even receive the complete Supplemental Update as it seems.

Pathetic is a good word so far.

- Karen Erra

dias_flac_0g
Jun 30, 2010, 09:22 AM

I like this guy xD

I like it when people speak their mind like that haha.

Though i'm not really "upset" i'm just saying they could have given the "true" fans a much better "thank you".

LP_Phoenix
Jun 30, 2010, 10:08 AM
yeah its like we all know about the end of xbox server already...come on...do u really think it will be online much longer with these shit support and updates....sega is concentrating on the japanese server cause of gc stuff, there they can get the money, thats everything sega wants. so give it up that xbox will get anything of we get (nearby) every week

pikachief
Jun 30, 2010, 02:10 PM
Well now I can tell my friend if he were to join he has one less fee to pay :D

Lobos
Jun 30, 2010, 05:22 PM
They should let us transfer accounts :) lol

RemiusTA
Jun 30, 2010, 08:44 PM
I've notice that it's supposed to be a "Thank you" to the "Loyal" fans. Sure that sounds nice and all, but like some have pointed out, the loyal fans are the ones who bought it already...

That aside, it's not really a rant at all. I actually think that's pretty cool of them to do that :) It's just not a "true" thank you to the "true" loyal fans.

A "true" thank you to the loyal fans would be something like, making an offline patch before the servers go down for good letting us keep our char and equipment so we can use it offline.

Now that right there would be the BESTEST!! THANK YOU! you could ever give a loyal fan. Atleast IMO.

If Sega were to do this I would love them forevar! <3

A decent alternative, could be like 5 months free for us who have been loyal for the 3 years the game has been out for. That would be cool too, but by all means not as awesome as letting us keep our actual characters for offline mode. I love my psu char and I would love to keep it :)

You've gotten it all wrong. This isn't a "thank you to fans", this is a "If we dont do this, we're never going to get new players because they'll all complain about having to pay an extra $10 to play our game after they already bought it" ploy. This was mandatory. There is no AotI disc for 360, and you already have to pay $10 a month to play the game. Another mandatory $10 would just make alot of newcomers very angry.

Of course, they still dont get regular updates or events. It's the same reason we wont be getting Guardians Cash -- nobody is going to buy it, and forcing us to pay them more when we dont even get HALF of what we pay for in our subscription is just highway robbery.

In all truth, i dont see these servers lasting too much longer, despite the update. Not needing a Game Key for PC PSU likely lost them so much money it isnt even funny, and on top of that, there even wernt too many people who played the game after they pirated it because the population was garbage. (I pirated my PC version, but i payed for both v1 and AotI for PS2, so F em) 360 version wont have guardians cash, and its population isnt nearly the JP one.

Sooner or later, we'll just become a liability, and they'll shut us down too.

unicorn
Jun 30, 2010, 09:00 PM
Don't new players have to try to find a copy of the original game first??

Both clients should be available for free download.