PDA

View Full Version : New player.

Sarthraa
Jun 30, 2010, 05:31 PM
Okay guys, I'm looking for a little information for when I get the game. I'm going to be ordering it online (with the soundtrack cd) and hopefully getting it next week (PS2 version, if it matters). I guess what I'm wondering is what would you recommend doing first? Running through the story, or redoing missions as I feel like? Or should I just skip the story all together once I get Extra Mode unlocked (more like, is there extra benefits to beating the story mode?)? Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to playing PSU!

pikachief
Jun 30, 2010, 05:33 PM
If u plan on playing online at all dont get the PS2 version since those servers have been shut down :/

Also for extra mode, the further through the story u get through the more stuff in extra mode gets unlocked. so i'd beat the whole story mode first so you'll have all the missions and items unlocked :D

Sarthraa
Jun 30, 2010, 06:18 PM
If u plan on playing online at all dont get the PS2 version since those servers have been shut down :/

Also for extra mode, the further through the story u get through the more stuff in extra mode gets unlocked. so i'd beat the whole story mode first so you'll have all the missions and items unlocked :D

Actually, I don't have a 360, nor do I want to pay $10/month for the online. ^^;

Ah, alright, thanks. I'm thinking once I get into PSU a lot and get a lot of stuff, I might get AOI. I wasn't really sure what was unlocked with the Story mode, so I figured I'd ask. Thanks for the quick response. :-)

P.S. Why isn't there a rappy emoticon?????:-(

ashley50
Jun 30, 2010, 06:38 PM
Just wait for the *coughfreeserverscough*...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 30, 2010, 07:05 PM
P.S. Why isn't there a rappy emoticon?????:-(
Nobody has been brave enough to go do that sprite work... yet.

I figured new PSZero on DS version might be more conducive to be used, already an afro puff, circular guy, featured on that T-shirt given away several times. But Rappy Classic may just work too.

So who wants to volunteer and attempt submissions of Rappy Smileys?!

Sarthraa
Jun 30, 2010, 08:05 PM
Nobody has been brave enough to go do that sprite work... yet.

I figured new PSZero on DS version might be more conducive to be used, already an afro puff, circular guy, featured on that T-shirt given away several times. But Rappy Classic may just work too.

So who wants to volunteer and attempt submissions of Rappy Smileys?!

If I have free time I might try it. ^^

Sarthraa
Jun 30, 2010, 08:07 PM
Just wait for the *coughfreeserverscough*...

Haha, whenever that may be. Honestly though, I'm not sure how much I'd actually play online considering how much cable I would have to run and how much it would be in the way. In any case though, I would eventually play it on the *coughfreeserverscough* if they ever were released.

StanleyPain
Jul 3, 2010, 12:41 AM
Unfortunately, Extra Mode only has as much content as you've unlocked in the story mode. So, you have to play through the entirety of the story mode in order to get ALL of the PSU missions and content available to your characters in Extra Mode.
I'm not sure if that applies to the AOTI content as well as I have the 360 version (and on that, all of the AOTI content is online-only).