PDA

View Full Version : EX traps

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Jun 30, 2010, 05:46 PM
so i just made a PT and its kinda annoying having to spend so much on traps. should i just try using the lower lvl traps, or should i just not spam the traps so much, and use them only when needed? that seems like the best option to me.

Max B
Jun 30, 2010, 05:57 PM
Make your own traps.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Jun 30, 2010, 07:38 PM
how do you make traps? ive never heard of doin that

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 30, 2010, 07:53 PM
You can get boards to craft them for yourself, using your PM.

ashley50
Jun 30, 2010, 07:53 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/15/recipe_boards/#traps

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/15/2060/board_burn_trap_ex/

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/15/2061/board_freeze_trap_ex/

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/15/2607/board_stun_trap_ex/

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Jun 30, 2010, 08:01 PM
holy hell. i feel like a total nub lol. i never know you could make these. but then again ive only ever played a techer so never had much experience with other classes

sikotic_demon
Jul 1, 2010, 09:27 PM
dont spam them either... its a waste of money.. the other wepons available can do so much more damage not to mention make the class more fun.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Jul 1, 2010, 09:49 PM
ya im pretty much a melee PT. after my techer im kinda sick of lvling elemental PA's. ive never played any kind of melee class b4, just a techer. so im finally giving axes and spears and swords a try

Tetsaru
Jul 2, 2010, 02:03 PM
Although I only rarely played PT, and usually in a more gunner-heavy manner since I played FG and GM, here are a few things I can tell you:

EX traps' effects last longer if you don't switch back to another weapon immediately after detonating the trap - let it do its stuff until it fizzles out first. This will allow you to apply their status effects longer and more repeatedly, as well as inflict more damage (as far as trap damage goes).

Be aware of the limitations of the class. PT is probably the most money-draining class in the game, since you have to constantly resupply yourself with more traps after you use them... similar to archers/gunners requiring arrows/bullets in other games. Also, PT tends to have low stats compared to other classes early on when MP-leveling (keep in mind that PT used to have an all-A rank weapon restriction and EX traps didn't exist back in the pre-AotI days).

If money is an issue for you (although it shouldn't be later on), save your EX traps for party runs. If you're soloing, it would be best to just stick with your weapons; keep in mind that EX traps fizzle out as soon as you switch to one anyway. In this case, you might want to invest in some G traps instead, as they apply their effects and damage immediately upon detonation. As a gunner, I usually stuck with the damage-over-time Poison, Burn, and Virus G traps, maybe Freeze G traps if things got hairy, although they often don't last very long.

Once you get into the higher levels, consider mixing up G and EX traps to stack multiple status effects, if you're supporting the party. Freeze EX + Virus G/Poison G, Stun EX + Burn G, Burn EX + Confuse G/Shock G/Silence G, etc. In these cases, be sure to use your G trap first, THEN your EX trap for the reasons I mentioned previously. If the monsters are going down rather quick though, you'll want to avoid using too many traps to save your money.

I can't remember exactly, but I could've sworn that the PA level cap for Bullets was slightly higher than the cap for Skills on PT. Nothing wrong with being a melee PT, but I just thought I'd point that out, though I may be mistaken. Some of my favorite weapons were Shotgun, Bow, Spear, and Grenades for bosses/large creatures. Axes are also great, though I couldn't stand how slow and inaccurate they were. Personally, I never really liked Swords. Of course, once the Supplemental Update comes (whenever Sega feels like doing it... >_>; ), the performance of each weapon and their corresponding PA's will most likely change dramatically, so just keep that in mind.

Hope this helps you. :) This probably belongs in the Gameplay forum, though...

pikachief
Jul 2, 2010, 02:38 PM
Shotguns- The PAs level up very fast compared to other gun PAs and its very strong and useful in just about any situation.

Spears- If your not too stingy about grinds you have find some pretty nice percent spears (and well just about any melee weapon) if you dont care about the grind levels too much. Especially spears as they don't grind very well most of the time in the first place :)

Oh and both Robado and Dus Majjarra are good spear PAs (Dus Majjarra is a little more useful, and stronger and levels up really fast if u have the PA fragments but they're nerfing it soon and boosting Robado :) )

And for bosses either a grenade launcher or axe with Angra Jabroga work great.

Protranser are hard to start off with and costly if you like using traps, but they're also very versatile and always have more than 1 way to take care of any situation :)