PDA

View Full Version : Best Melee weapon for CAST

Sour_Peanut
Jun 30, 2010, 06:01 PM
I've been wondering what melee weapon to use for my CAST character.

Which one in general is better for a huCAST?

Shield
Spear
Daggers
Claws
Sword

Is there one am missing?
Well anyways, which one is generally the best?
Thanks in advance.

Seth Astra
Jun 30, 2010, 06:06 PM
Well, swords have OE spam, claws have bite stamp spam and those accursed Haden Bites (High-level claws that can be re-rolled endlessly untill you get one that's godly, very stupid), and daggers have fast 6-hit combos and air ride spam.

Sour_Peanut
Jun 30, 2010, 06:13 PM
so there's not that's generally the best? it's just pure preference?

Kirukia
Jun 30, 2010, 06:16 PM
Daggers
Claws
Sword

These 3 are the most commonly used weapons, along with sabers.
It's mostly preference.

Daggers- Quick attacks and Air Ride is a great area attack.
Swords- Overend does ridiculous damage, though hard to aim and a slow charge time. Use this for bursts of damage.
Claws- Celeb 4 Hadan Bite w/ Bite Stamp. That's all I need to say.
Sabers- Quick attacks, fairly quick charge times, Level 5 elements, decent damage.

In terms of speed it's pretty much Daggers > Sabers > Claws > Sword and the opposite for damage. So your preference.

knight200x
Jun 30, 2010, 06:18 PM
hello guys i'v been playing for ps0 for a while and just joined the forum! nice to meet ya all ..

anyway ....
in my opinion : there is no best specific best weapon for hunters , i just use the best weapon for the best situations , for example for normal monsters i always use Claws and daggers , and for bosses the best choice is the swords with Over-end PA( i want a milias breaker ! ) or anything that got a good PA like serpent air in my Hadan Bite (claw) ... well hope that was hopefull .
hope that helped.

Chaos Rappy
Jun 30, 2010, 06:19 PM
I'd say Double Sabers for pure attacking damage overall (with a good Morgenlote being top in it), or maybe a Sword/Claw for their insane PA damage overall... however, I still find Double sabers much better than either of those. It's basically a more powerful Dagger with slightly slower speed and some less ATA, but it's all worth it if you can kill it in the end, eh? ;P

Seth Astra
Jun 30, 2010, 06:21 PM
^Technically the gigas romulus is better, but since he's a HUcast he can't really use it. So yeah, morgenlote is best DS for him.

Kirukia
Jun 30, 2010, 06:40 PM
Aw you're right I forgot D-Sabers D:
Anyway, knight is also correct. It depends on the situation. Using a sword against a Helion or other quick enemy is going to be a pain in the butt.

knight200x
Jun 30, 2010, 07:29 PM
the gun is the best
Owned ..... lol

Pirrip
Jun 30, 2010, 07:55 PM
In terms of damage, Swords with the heavy attacking photon art is the best... but I would say using double sabers or daggers to get in damage more quickly.

tigerlily
Jul 1, 2010, 05:03 PM
I'm currently using shield and double blade for my HUcast, and if your relying on defensive type hucast then yes use a shield weapon it's amazing that you can block damage and sometimes hardly get any damage from monsters..

PSZFann
Jul 2, 2010, 02:42 AM
well i am wondering the same cause i have screwed up my HUcast so bad... he dose crap damage ... anyway
i neva liked sheilds haha but if they are good ill try it out..

(looking for a good wepon just to get my damage up a little :O )

M.P.N.
Jul 2, 2010, 03:38 AM
I have played both sword (with overend) and claw (with bite stamp).
The photon atrs are a bit tricky to aim with but do exelent work (best at line up targets).
But keep this in mind:
Overend = very slow charge up time (the slowest of all PAs), so try using PA compress
Bite stamp = low ATA = no problem @ boss / huge problems @ high evade hostiles (like the vally vulture or snow bunnys), u need like 540 ATA to hit well
And the most important = use celeb, and if its not LV5 then boost it wit a element boost (slot unit).

Chukie sue
Jul 2, 2010, 11:53 AM
I'm really starting to doubt that Bite Stamp is > than Over End in the long run. (At least, not by a significant ammount of time)

I've been PA spamming OE* just because it's fun, and I've found that my range is exceptionally larger than with BS*. Not only that, but it -does- hurt more. And I shouldn't forget the fact that I -never- miss with OE.

*OE = Over End
*BS = Bite Stamp

ARChan
Jul 6, 2010, 01:07 AM
I think that the weapons that a HUcast should primarily use are those with a decent speed, flinch, and push capability. Here's my overview with the hunter weapon classes:

Saber: The flinch ability is heavily distributed into the PAs. What's nice about this weapon class is that the attack animations and PA charge time are quick. The accuracy is one of the greatest and the ATP is no joke either. Also, this weapon's PA hits the enemy many more times than most other weapons with a high flinch ability that near matches a sword swing. It also inflicts attached elements effectively.

Dagger: The flinch ability of this weapon is considerably the worst of all weapon classes, only second to the strafe shots of the handgun and mechgun and matching close to handgun standing shots. Also, this weapon has a fairly short range. In exchange of terrible flinch ability and being one of the weakest of the hunter class weapons, this weapon deals the most hits in little time with excelling ATA to boot. This weapon class is best for those who have trouble with accuracy.

Double Saber: In exchange of some speed, accuracy, and charge time of the dagger, this weapon class increases in flinch ability, ATP, and range. The PAs of this weapon matches close to Sabers according to flinch ability.

Shield: This weapon decreases the damage received with the possibility of blocking attacks at a price of PP. Bull Bash rivals a Saber's PA flinch ability whereas Linear Shake rivals that of a Rod swing, which is still decent enough. In exchange of terrible offense with a short range, it can inflict attach elements more effectively than the other weapons and has a ridiculously high ATA.

Claw: This weapon class is practically a modified version of the saber. It has emphasis on ATP, ATA, and flinch ability in exchange of charge time, range, and element infliction.

Spear: This weapon class is a good crowd control weapon. It is fast, has longer range than all the hunter weapons, and a high ATP/ATA. Its PAs are more the crowd control kind, making soloing slightly easier if you abuse them. Regular attacks can hit a max of two enemies.

Sword: This weapon class is an excellent crowd control weapon, assuming that you can hit the enemies with every swing. This weapon class generally does not excel in ATA and speed but excels in everything else. There should be an apparent push to the enemy after every successful hit. Over End is basically this weapon's infliction forte.

Broken_L_button
Jul 8, 2010, 11:41 PM
ARChan's assessment of the different weapon classes is accurate. Though, I prefer to favor Double sabers/Claws/shields.

Double Saber for damge and sometimes flinching
Claw for broken-borderline h4x celeb and BS when I get lazy
Shields for Jellen

For me, making the enemy flinch becomes irrelevant once lv.5 Jellen kicks in. 0s and misses on a HUcaseal/HUcast on SH? Woot!