PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Do demo players for the 360 get deleted??

Ticksatsi213
Jul 1, 2010, 04:13 PM
So I began playing PSU on the xbox about 5 days ago, and yesterday I was told by multiple players that the demo players are "reset" or deleted every month... is this true?.. I've been searching around sites and reading everything, but I have found no mention of this server side character maintenance.. Someone confirm please!

RubyEclipse
Jul 1, 2010, 04:41 PM
We periodically perform cleanses of the Xbox 360 Demo servers in order to help purge the nonbelievers and remind players that the real game is five hundred times better. :)

I use the word 'cleanse' because the 360 demo servers are so filled with scammers that they don't even compare to the real game. If you do enjoy the demo though, I highly recommend picking the full game up - the expansion has also just gone free!

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2010, 05:17 PM
We periodically perform cleanses of the Xbox 360 Demo servers in order to help purge the nonbelievers

Wow, Ruby, you guys take this stuff seriously :D.

Ticksatsi213
Jul 1, 2010, 05:34 PM
We periodically perform cleanses of the Xbox 360 Demo servers in order to help purge the nonbelievers and remind players that the real game is five hundred times better. :)

I use the word 'cleanse' because the 360 demo servers are so filled with scammers that they don't even compare to the real game. If you do enjoy the demo though, I highly recommend picking the full game up - the expansion has also just gone free!

Grr lol... Kinda lame that I put those 30-40 hours into playing the past week for nothing! haha.. I understand the sequence tho.. yesssss, the demo is full of random people, but I have enjoyed the time I spent playing...

Help fill my knowledge of the game please? first, the demo players and real game owners, do they interact in the same worlds, or do real game players have their own private realms?..also; is it true that after purchasing the game that there is a monthly fee for playing? (what did you mean the expansion has just gone free?)

How often do the demo servers get reset? I just now got to use my first SUV last night, after a week of lvling and doing runs lol.. and now it is all gone!? ^^; Is there any way I can save the stuff I have accomplished already, to use either after I do purchase the game, or basically just after the character is gone? .......is there any way that I can save my character from getting deleted if I do purchase the game, or do I have to start over anyway?

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2010, 05:40 PM
I can answer some questions:

the demo players and real game owners, do they interact in the same worlds, or do real game players have their own private realms?

Demo and real games servers are completely separate.

is it true that after purchasing the game that there is a monthly fee for playing? (what did you mean the expansion has just gone free?)

$10.00 (USD) a month to play. As for the expansion going free: it used to be 800(?) points on the Xbox LIVE marketplace, but since yesterday, it's been free. You need the expansion to get most of the game's worthwhile content.

is there any way that I can save my character from getting deleted if I do purchase the game, or do I have to start over anyway?

You can't transfer demo characters to the real game.

I answered what I could. Sorry it wasn't everything.

Ticksatsi213
Jul 1, 2010, 05:44 PM
Nice.. ty for all your help.. probably be seeing me in the PSU servers soon! :)

Freeze
Jul 1, 2010, 06:01 PM
If you want or need help getting started when you get on feel free to give me a shout and I'll be glad to help out. my GT is in my profile info.

Max B
Jul 1, 2010, 06:03 PM

This.

Delete
Jul 1, 2010, 07:40 PM
If you get the actual game, you'll notice leveling and getting decent gear is as easy as playing the game for a few hours. Just getting a simple rare mission ( there's a chance to get one after doing a mission) will level you up quick.

Ticksatsi213
Jul 2, 2010, 11:34 AM
When are the demo players "cleansed"..How often do they get reset?
I was thinking it would be gone already, but my char is still there.

pikachief
Jul 2, 2010, 11:43 AM
When are the demo players "cleansed"..How often do they get reset?
I was thinking it would be gone already, but my char is still there.

It is supposed to take place every month but lately its been every few months. :) Hopefully we wont get it deleted for a long while haha my and my cousin only play it like twice a week for an hour and i want us to get to at least lvl 20 so he can use SUV! :D

Ticksatsi213
Jul 2, 2010, 11:50 AM
Cool..because I cant get the real game for another month.. Does that expansion download release apply to demo users?

Delete
Jul 2, 2010, 11:52 AM
No, full game only.

RemiusTA
Jul 2, 2010, 12:30 PM

Why dont you guys find out about updating the demo to at least AoTI? The current demo is so pathetically outdated there is no reason to waste your time even managing it.

The fact that SEGA even allows that shitty demo to represent any form of the current PSU astonishes me. No wonder our servers are dead. Couldn't pick a worse way to advertise.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 2, 2010, 12:42 PM
Why dont you guys find out about updating the demo to at least AoTI? The current demo is so pathetically outdated there is no reason to waste your time even managing it.

The fact that SEGA even allows that shitty demo to represent any form of the current PSU astonishes me. No wonder our servers are dead. Couldn't pick a worse way to advertise.

Very good point but SEGA is just like FIFA and above explaining their poor decisions to us lowly, second-rate customers. Perhaps we should ask why basic balance adjustments have taken over a year to be released on our servers? What about Gold Bars that would help to improve the meseta limit issue? Sure they are coming but to date they still have not arrived yet. If they cared about the quality of PSU there would be a lot of changes that would need to be made, instead PSU is what it is and that says everything.

pikachief
Jul 2, 2010, 02:31 PM

actually even just adding Just Attack to the demo would make it much much better :P maybe if they download the expansion give them the first 2 AotI levels C-A rank so they can see the beach and 2 expansion levels :) oh and PT up to level 5 haha idk just random ideas :P

RemiusTA
Jul 2, 2010, 07:56 PM
I was actually surprised a GM actually came up and claimed it. Its in such trashy condition i was under the impression they didn't pay attention to it.

Max B
Jul 2, 2010, 08:08 PM

Do you not know what demo means?
Also, why in the hell would you want them to update the demo if the barley ever update the Full version of the game.