PDA

View Full Version : 4-slot Frames... do they exist?!

SpooMcFoxx
Jul 2, 2010, 10:46 PM
Hello,

I am trying to get a low level 4-slot Frame for my friend that just started playing with me. However, I keep finding 4-slot armors and robes, no frames. They are usually 0, and I will occasionally see a 3-slot.

Does anyone have one to sell?

Thanks,
-McFoxx

Kirukia
Jul 2, 2010, 11:08 PM
4-slot frames do not exist, except maybe Milias Frame.
Normal frames can only have 3 slots.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 2, 2010, 11:14 PM
4 Slot frames do exist. The only armor that CAN'T have more than 3 is the Asgard Frame, which is stuck at a max of 3.

Kirukia
Jul 2, 2010, 11:41 PM
Wrong.
Normal, Hard, and Guardian frames can't have 4.
The only frames that can are rare frames.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 2, 2010, 11:42 PM
I've had Normal and Hard Frames confirmed to have 4 slots... I never bothered with Guardian Frames for a long time, so while I can't confirm it can't have 4, I can't exactly deny it either, so...

Kirukia
Jul 2, 2010, 11:56 PM
Go look at the item database.
Maybe you're thinking of armor.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 2, 2010, 11:58 PM
Nope, I distinctly remember them being Frames, I'm positive of it.

Kirukia
Jul 3, 2010, 12:43 AM
Well I've never seen a 4-slot frame that wasn't a rare frame, but if you can show me one I'll believe you.

pkrockin
Jul 3, 2010, 10:19 AM
Kirukia is right, frame-type armors don't get more than 3 slots, which is the definition of a frame, as far as I'm concerned. The item database says so - any item that can only have up to 3 slots will have in its entry "Can have a maximum of 3 slots." The only exceptions are a few "unique" items like the Milias Frame, a frame in name only.

Galax
Jul 3, 2010, 11:08 AM
Kirukia is right, frame-type armors don't get more than 3 slots, which is the definition of a frame, as far as I'm concerned. The item database says so - any item that can only have up to 3 slots will have in its entry "Can have a maximum of 3 slots." The only exceptions are a few "unique" items like the Milias Frame, a frame in name only.

Databases can be wrong.
How can we be sure that it's impossible?
We can't be.
Not that I believe they can have 4slots, but I still see it as possible that they might be able to.

Kirukia
Jul 3, 2010, 11:36 AM
It can be wrong, but until I see proof I have no reason to believe it is.

Galax
Jul 3, 2010, 01:44 PM
It can be wrong, but until I see proof I have no reason to believe it is.

And that's fine.
I would like to see proof too, just pointing out one thing:
JUST because the database says so, doesn't make it true.

Kirukia
Jul 3, 2010, 02:05 PM
It doesn't, but at this point, it's very good evidence to back it up.
Just because the database CAN be wrong, doesn't mean it usually is.
Most of the time the database is correct, so it's still very good support.

Galax
Jul 3, 2010, 02:16 PM
It doesn't, but at this point, it's very good evidence to back it up.
Just because the database CAN be wrong, doesn't mean it usually is.
Most of the time the database is correct, so it's still very good support.

I know that.
I DID say that my statements aren't meant to say "Frames can have 4s".
I'm just pointing out, that WITH EVIDENCE, as you have said, it could be wrong.

Quintus_The_Force
Jul 3, 2010, 03:34 PM
Asgard Frame has a max of +3 slots?! :U

Ive been wasting my time looking for a +4 foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! **** THAT!

wat a stupid idea Sega

im mad

Krank32oz
Jul 3, 2010, 04:44 PM
Yea I wish they had some sort of visual characteristics to show everyone what armor you were using but im just complaining lol. But i do think its silly that some of the better armor doesn't have 4 slots

SpooMcFoxx
Jul 3, 2010, 04:45 PM
Ok that settles it, no actual proof of 4slot Frames then (except for rares). Ok, I'm not going crazy then, I thought it was just me.

Kirukia
Jul 3, 2010, 07:03 PM
I know that.
I DID say that my statements aren't meant to say "Frames can have 4s".
I'm just pointing out, that WITH EVIDENCE, as you have said, it could be wrong.

The burden of proof lies with the individual making the claim.
So the database wins unless it's proven otherwise.
Fair enough?

Galax
Jul 3, 2010, 08:41 PM
The burden of proof lies with the individual making the claim.
So the database wins unless it's proven otherwise.
Fair enough?

I'm not even arguing with you...
I'm actually agreeing with you, just with a little doubt.

Kirukia
Jul 3, 2010, 08:55 PM
Well I'm just saying there is a chance everything could be wrong really.
But you can't use Chaos Theory as a reason to be sceptical about everything.

Galax
Jul 3, 2010, 09:29 PM
Well I'm just saying there is a chance everything could be wrong really.
But you can't use Chaos Theory as a reason to be sceptical about everything.

I honestly don't see how (if I have this part right) a video game has anything to do with this.
I remember Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, though.
Good game.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 3, 2010, 09:32 PM
No, I think Kirukia meant the Chaos Theory as in the thing about how we didn't have proof that they could or couldn't have 4 slots, and about how either could or couldn't be proven... THAT Chaos Theory.

Because, as we know, the site isn't proof in itself. It isn't able to prove that it can't, it just says so... just like how it says Canon Rouge and Canon Bleu have two n's when they only have one in-game... <_<

Kirukia
Jul 3, 2010, 10:16 PM
Chaos Theory means anything can happen, unless I'm using it wrong.
Obviously there is always a chance something will be wrong. If your purpose was to simply state that, then I see no point. It's basically implied to everything.
But the database is USUALLY a reliable source.
So you can't say it's not true just because there is a small chance it could be false.
As far as I'm concerned, it's correct until proven otherwise.
And as far as I'm concerned, the site is proof. This is a site that specializes in Phantasy Star, so if it says something about PSZ, I'll believe it. If someone can prove it wrong, I'll believe them. But since nobody has shown me proof otherwise, I have no reason to believe the site is wrong. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Chaos Rappy
Jul 3, 2010, 10:23 PM
So... basically, you're one of the people who believes everything the site says... if the site said for you to jump off a cliff, would you do it? :P [/immaturity]

As for the Chaos Theory, you're somewhat using it right, but you yourself don't believe it obviously... the basis for it is that since something can't be proven wrong, it can't be proven right. You believe since the site can't be proven wrong, that it IS right. I, however, am a chaos theoreticist, and follow with the theory, even if I do believe I had proof myself, but do not have it any longer (**** Frames, I got better armors to carry ;P). So, I myself am at a loss since I have no proof, and now believe that since I can't prove it wrong, cannot prove myself right.

Do you see it all in the bigger picture now? This post holds no meaning on the discussion as a whole, but it does bring more light on the situation, yes?

Kirukia
Jul 3, 2010, 10:30 PM
I repeat, "The burden on proof lies with the individual making the claim."
If anybody says the site is wrong, then prove it.
Otherwise, there is no reason to believe it's wrong.
So even if there is a possibility, with no evidence, the possibility means nothing.

Cruciarius
Jul 3, 2010, 10:30 PM
Kids, calm down. :P

Someone provide a 4-slot frame for evidence. Until then, we'll assume the site information about frames is correct.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 3, 2010, 10:32 PM
I can't take pictures anymore, or at least cannot post the ones I can take (cellphone). <_<

Cruciarius
Jul 3, 2010, 10:34 PM
Then stop taking dirty pictures.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 3, 2010, 10:34 PM
So even if there is a possibility, with no evidence, the possibility means nothing.

Ah, but see, with the chaos theory, the possibility is everything! Because the figurative possibility of anything, nothing can be true, which is why the chaos theory is called the "CHAOS theory". :D

Trust me, when it comes to knowing anything in this world, me and chaos just connect two-to-two...

And about the cellphone thing, it's because I don't have an SD card for my cellphone, not because of "dirty pictures"... <_<

Kirukia
Jul 3, 2010, 10:43 PM
Well then maybe you're pudding and I eat you. Then what?
Then I win >D

Chaos Rappy
Jul 3, 2010, 10:46 PM
Only problem is, of my humanity I DO have proof of. If I didn't, then yes, you could easily say I was pudding, but since you don't have proof of that, the chaos theory dominates all once again. ;P

Kirukia
Jul 3, 2010, 10:48 PM
And you don't have proof that all frames (except Asgard) can have 4 slots.
So now we are back at the beginning.
PS: Prove you aren't pudding. And yes, I mean your naughty cell phone pictures.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 3, 2010, 10:52 PM
Not cellphone pictures, but I can find pics easily.

EDIT: Scratch that, I must have deleted the picture a while back... BUT, I just realized that my laptop has a webcam built in that can take pictures, so I may yet have a way to show proof. ;P

Kirukia
Jul 3, 2010, 11:17 PM
Ohhh hes gonna webcam for us ;]

PSZFann
Jul 4, 2010, 02:05 AM
is it really that big a deal?

Chaos Rappy
Jul 4, 2010, 02:12 AM
No, since Frames are inferior to the other kinds of armor anyways, however for those who want to combine okay DEF with okay EVP, maybe... however, we still have no proof in either side of the case, so it's literally no deal at all anyways. ;P

PSZFann
Jul 4, 2010, 02:29 AM
haha ok well all i got was its no deal at all out of that (i am just a player that picks up somehting shiny and stabs hostiles with it :P )

SpooMcFoxx
Jul 6, 2010, 05:22 PM
"pix or it didnt happen"

ArmedesInf.X9000
Jul 8, 2010, 05:14 PM
Alright dudes now keep it cool...4 Slot frames do rly exist as well as meow mix wands....I thought everyone knew that :P

JazzJaeger
Jul 9, 2010, 01:43 PM
I have picked up so many 4 slot frames of all kinds, from the bad ones to the good ones.

chibiLegolas
Jul 9, 2010, 03:07 PM
Asgard Frame has a max of +3 slots?!

Aurgh! Seriously?! I've been hunting a 4slot frame as well and just assumed ALL armors can be found with 4slots (exept for named rares).
Wasn't that the general rule of PSO armor? I don't see why they changed frames to 3 slots then. Why?
This has got to be the only obvious step backwards with PSZ to PSO I can see.

JazzJaeger
Jul 10, 2010, 10:16 PM
I have a total of 3 4 slot armors right now, but I can remember having at least 7 at one point in time, if I can get a picture, Ill show you all

Chaos Rappy
Jul 10, 2010, 10:23 PM
Frames, not armors Jazz...

NDarkstar
Jul 10, 2010, 10:28 PM
what is the difference between a frame and an amor?

Chaos Rappy
Jul 10, 2010, 10:31 PM
Uh... the fact that one has "Frame" in its name, and the other has "Armor" in its name. <________________<

NDarkstar
Jul 10, 2010, 10:33 PM
wow... that was snappy... and fast too..