PDA

View Full Version : Daggers Daggers Daggers ....

knight200x
Jul 4, 2010, 05:25 PM
hello everyone and welcome to my 1st thread :D !
which dagger is better , rage tonfa or fioe haze ?
i just did some researches and found out that maxed grind rage tonfa can catch up with the maxed grind fioe haze with just a 24 ATP difference ...
can i overcome that 24 ATP with units ?
oh ... and i'v just got my Fioe haze with no PA is it bad :( ?

Rayvinh
Jul 4, 2010, 05:37 PM
Generally It just depends on percents and whether you're a hunter or not, (although some forces can use daggers very well). But I recommend using foie haze if you're a hunter and rage tonfa for everything else. Foie haze is also better because it can have celeb element, whereas rage tonfa is limited to only heat(?). But really it just comes down to what YOU want to do, you can't let other people's opinions influence what goes on in your game.... Foie Haze ftw. lol
P.s. No PA = No use.

knight200x
Jul 4, 2010, 05:46 PM
hmmm ..................
DAMN i thought iv got lucky .... b'bye unArted foie haze :-P

Kirukia
Jul 4, 2010, 07:00 PM
Ray is right. The fact that Foie Haze can have celeb 4 (Max) means it can do 140% damage based on it's ATP, whereas Rage Tonfa is confined to 100%
And with no PA, it's fairly useless. Although Air Ride is a good PA. Huge Cross doesn't hit too often in my experience, and I haven't tried Reverse Kill. Until you get a good Foie Haze you might be better off using a Jasper Roar or better yet, a Fenrir with a good Element/PA. Slap celeb on it and have fun. Or you could hunt for a different type of weapon. But if you plan on sticking with daggers that's my advice :]

Cruciarius
Jul 4, 2010, 08:23 PM
PAs aren't a must, but do deal more damage than normal attacks. %s also help.

As for an element, celeb increases your damage the most, but other elements are also useful.

If you can kill well enough and don't feel like your weapon is holding you back, stick with it. Don't need to throw celeb on everything and no need to stick to PAs people tell you to use.

I do recommend trying to get a weapon with a PA though and try them out. They do tend to be very handy.

Macman
Jul 4, 2010, 08:40 PM
Rage Tonfa hits 2 monsters as opposed to 1.
Keep that in mind.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 4, 2010, 08:41 PM
No, you fool, that's Bloody Gimlet, not Rage Tonfa. :P

Macman
Jul 4, 2010, 08:46 PM
Goddamn ninja item database updates. I swear I remember it saying it hit 2 targets.

...Does this mean Lavis Cannon doesn't hit 2, even though all the other sabers ripping off its model do?

Chaos Rappy
Jul 4, 2010, 11:04 PM
Database updates? This has been knowledge for as long as I can remember (about the Bloody Gimlet), and I don't think it's ever said that Rage Tonfa hit two targets at once... :P

And yes, the Lavis Kanon does hit two targets at once. I myself use one fervently and have noticed it many times, which is half the reason I even use it.

Rayvinh
Jul 4, 2010, 11:19 PM
Chaos... You and your flaunting of a Lavis Kanon in front of me... You made me sad on that run...

knight200x
Jul 5, 2010, 02:18 AM
well ... I'm already sticking to it until the next drop appears .
actually i want em both :-P and see if rage tonfa hits 2 or 1 target(s) + i know its stupid but i dont PA often at Bosses , maybe i still love PSO ?
but why not getting a better one with PA :D !?

M.P.N.
Jul 5, 2010, 08:42 AM
Ray is right. The fact that Foie Haze can have celeb 4 (Max) means it can do 140% damage based on it's ATP, whereas Rage Tonfa is confined to 100%
And with no PA, it's fairly useless. Although Air Ride is a good PA. Huge Cross doesn't hit too often in my experience, and I haven't tried Reverse Kill. Until you get a good Foie Haze you might be better off using a Jasper Roar or better yet, a Fenrir with a good Element/PA. Slap celeb on it and have fun. Or you could hunt for a different type of weapon. But if you plan on sticking with daggers that's my advice :]

Half right

Celeb do not increase Weapon ATP, it increase total DMG like this:

(Char ATP(including Shifta bonus) + Weapon ATP(including %) + MAG,SET,Unit ATP - Target DEF(including Zalure debuff)) / 5 / Target resistance * PA Bonus * CELEB bonus

Celeb is the last in the DMG calculation formular. In other words CELEB increase your total DMG.
even a LV5celeb saber (1Star) outDMG a Zerosaber (7Star)

Edit, see link: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171664