PDA

View Full Version : Newmans

Zerolimit
Jul 7, 2010, 08:37 AM
I have a cast and a newman and i would like to try to make a newman fortefighter is that a good idea btw atm he is a MF.:-?

ashley50
Jul 7, 2010, 08:42 AM
there's no rule on what you can/can't your chars classes can be...

so choose a class that you like and play away.

burninglink5
Jul 7, 2010, 09:57 AM
Do it. You'll be at a major disadvantage because of Newmen's incredibly low ATK, but that's where the fun kicks in. I rock a CAST Fortetecher most of the time, equally as difficult to play as a Newman Fortefighter, and I love every second of it.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 7, 2010, 10:34 AM
meh, the high ATA means that you can use +ATP/-ATA items (like solid power s) that can offset the lowish ATP.

The only bummer is that newmans high EVP will not be utilized by the job. Have you considered AF?

Anduril
Jul 7, 2010, 10:52 AM
meh, the high ATA means that you can use +ATP/-ATA items (like solid power s) that can offset the lowish ATP.

The only bummer is that newmans high EVP will not be utilized by the job. Have you considered AF?
I would second going Acrofighter as well. This also gives you a weapon that takes advantage of a Newman's TP. But either way, a Newman fighter is a good time because you typically need to think a bit more than just "run into mob and kill" due to your stats.

Aeris the techer
Jul 9, 2010, 08:59 AM
It saddens me to see this.

Max B
Jul 9, 2010, 09:24 AM
Id say stick with MF.

unicorn
Jul 9, 2010, 10:49 AM
Do it. You'll be at a major disadvantage because of Newmen's incredibly low ATK, but that's where the fun kicks in. I rock a CAST Fortetecher most of the time, equally as difficult to play as a Newman Fortefighter, and I love every second of it.

CAST FT/MF is harder since fighters generally do more damage than techers.

Be a Newman FF if you want, its not that hard. You wont be the best for time attack, but you'll have enough ATP to kill bosses quick anyway. DFP is a useless stat, and your lower HP is still higher than most other combinations either way.

Neith
Jul 9, 2010, 10:54 AM
Newman fF is easy. You still have a decent amount of ATP, so provided you don't expect to outdamage other races you'll be fine. HP is high enough, and the only real downside is that Newman's EVP isn't used for fF.

You'll be 'gimped' compared to other races doing the same job, but it's still very easy to play one. Newman fF is nowhere near as disadvantaged as Cast fT.

RubyEclipse
Jul 9, 2010, 12:24 PM
Do it. Newman fighters are the best. ;)