PDA

View Full Version : flame hit

bns1991
Jul 10, 2010, 10:55 AM
I have been looking for a rouge pulse with the flame hit PA(4 so far and no flame hit). I have read that the weapon will have a level heat element if it has flame hit. I was wondering,,,,if you were to change the element would the level remain the same?:-?

Chaos Rappy
Jul 10, 2010, 11:26 AM
No, Flame Hit doesn't make the weapon automatically come with Heat, Flame Hit as a PA can inflict a Level 4 Heat elemental effect on the enemies you use it on. The Rouge Pulse itself can come with any random element it wants.

In fact, I've gotten several weapons to have the Ice element and Flame Hit PA.... fun to see conflicting elements used on a weapon. :P

Macman
Jul 11, 2010, 08:11 AM
I'm hugging my lv4 Celeb flame hit Rouge Pulse right now while spamming Ozette. ;p

bns1991
Jul 11, 2010, 08:17 AM
No, Flame Hit doesn't make the weapon automatically come with Heat, Flame Hit as a PA can inflict a Level 4 Heat elemental effect on the enemies you use it on. The Rouge Pulse itself can come with any random element it wants.

In fact, I've gotten several weapons to have the Ice element and Flame Hit PA.... fun to see conflicting elements used on a weapon. :P

Unfortunate...thanks anyway^^;

Chaos Rappy
Jul 11, 2010, 02:05 PM
I can't see how that would be unfortunate when that means you're not STUCK with Heat on a weapon with Flame Hit when that means you can use a second element on it to be able to do more than just burn the enemies. : /

Galax
Jul 11, 2010, 03:00 PM
I can't see how that would be unfortunate when that means you're not STUCK with Heat on a weapon with Flame Hit when that means you can use a second element on it to be able to do more than just burn the enemies. : /

Well, seeing as you can have only up to 3 types of SE's on any one enemy (one of many, then jell and/or zalure), then what's the point of something such as...Stun, ice, basically anything other than Risk, Soul, Celeb, or Life? Those are the only ones that wouldn't change what is already happening. I thought about how it would work...Let's say you're TRYING to inflict the WEAPONS elemental effect, but your Flame Hit takes place first, and again, and again. The enemy will probably be dead before you can make it worthwhile to affect it with anything else. Then what? Rinse and repeat? And there's not a point in a heat element on the handgun with Flame Hit either, because you won't know which Heat SE is on; Flame Hit heat, or your handguns heat. Same effect, but the level, iirc, affects how long it lasts. (Damage too? Not sure about that one.)

EDIT: And Heat is a useful element in itself. ;p

bns1991
Jul 11, 2010, 04:26 PM
I was thinking that the weapon's element would be lv 4 heat because of the PA, and I would change the element to celeb so that I could have lv 4 celeb. I feel kind of foolish for assuming that.

Macman
Jul 11, 2010, 04:59 PM
Nah, the level and element is always random no matter what. The only exceptions to this are most 10 meseta rares.

kirtblue
Jul 12, 2010, 11:16 PM
I was thinking that the weapon's element would be lv 4 heat because of the PA, and I would change the element to celeb so that I could have lv 4 celeb. I feel kind of foolish for assuming that.

cant do it anyway its a 7 star weapon and i might be wrong about this but you can only change the element if its 5 stars or less feel free to correct me if im wrong

Macman
Jul 12, 2010, 11:39 PM
You can change the element on anything that isn't a rare that sells for 10 meseta.