PDA

View Full Version : Offline Free area exploration and mission difficulties?

Sarthraa
Jul 11, 2010, 08:44 PM
Okay, this might sound stupid, but is there a way in the PS2 version of AotI to freely explore areas, like you could in PSO? I mean, just running through it with no specific goal in mind, other than getting to the end. I should have mentioned this first...I'm talking about the offline mode. Of course, with the PS2 servers shut down that's kinda obvious.

My last question (for now) is about the mission difficulties. You can select the mission difficulty in the offline mode, right?

I know, I'm asking a lot of questions, and you're probably thinking, "Why don't you just figure it out for yourself?". Well, I just want a little info from you guys I guess. ^^;

Anduril
Jul 11, 2010, 10:38 PM
It's all just mission counters offline, no free roaming like PSO, but in AotI offline you can select difficulty.

Sarthraa
Jul 12, 2010, 08:37 AM
It's all just mission counters offline, no free roaming like PSO, but in AotI offline you can select difficulty.

Ah, thanks. Seems like a bit of a let down, but at least there are difficulties. Thanks for the quick reply. :-)

Sarthraa
Jul 21, 2010, 08:17 PM
Uh, I know this is kinda old...but I have to know. Do you just have to beat all the story missions in AotI to unlock the S-rank difficulty? No, I'm not talking about mission ranks, I'm talking about difficulty levels, like, C, B, A, S. Nobody seems to have a clear answer, so I figured I'd ask on my own.

TenebriS
Jul 21, 2010, 08:26 PM
yeah, after Illuminus ambitions you unlock S rank, and if youw ant to be able to buy everything, you have to beat Electronic Brain A with a S-rank

Sarthraa
Jul 22, 2010, 08:26 AM
yeah, after Illuminus ambitions you unlock S rank, and if youw ant to be able to buy everything, you have to beat Electronic Brain A with a S-rank

Awesome, thanks for the fast reply! I think Electronic Brain A should be fairly easy as long as I know what to do...my imported character is Lv 81 and I'm only on Chapter 3 of AotI's story mode. ^^;

Oh, and one more question (not sure if it's obvious or not, though). I've heard and seen that you can go to PSO Ep. 1 areas in AotI, but how do I get to them? I've seen it called multi-planet on here, but I'm not sure how to find it. Maybe I should just wait, but I'm curious. ^^; I definitely want to run through the Ruins when I'm able to.

Anduril
Jul 22, 2010, 07:12 PM
Oh, and one more question (not sure if it's obvious or not, though). I've heard and seen that you can go to PSO Ep. 1 areas in AotI, but how do I get to them? I've seen it called multi-planet on here, but I'm not sure how to find it. Maybe I should just wait, but I'm curious. ^^; I definitely want to run through the Ruins when I'm able to.
I think that the PSO levels aren't available offline, unfortunately; only the PSO clothes.

Sarthraa
Jul 24, 2010, 01:17 AM
I think that the PSO levels aren't available offline, unfortunately; only the PSO clothes.

Awww.....:-( Oh well.^^;