PDA

View Full Version : ok i have a question

Dark Phoenix5
Jul 11, 2010, 10:08 PM
ok i feel stupid because i used to play this game a lot(two years) but i had lost my job and no longer had a credit card, so i guess what i'm asking is can i use a pre=paid card?like is there a certain one i have to get?i dunno sorry for being dumb lol so hopefully someone who uses prepaid could help me out here?

Megalo
Jul 11, 2010, 10:27 PM
Debit Gift cards can't be used anymore, Microsoft only allows credit card/debit cards only.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Jul 12, 2010, 09:40 AM
wait u can use a debit card? how?

Mike
Jul 12, 2010, 09:45 AM
Same way you use a credit card. Make sure it's not a debit gift card like Megalo said though.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Jul 12, 2010, 10:04 AM
but on xbox they ask for like the expiry date and stuff tho, how do you get around that?

Anduril
Jul 12, 2010, 10:21 AM
Debit cards (ie. an ATM card) have expiration dates. Of course, I think you might need a card that has a credit card logo on it, but I'm not sure.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Jul 12, 2010, 10:49 AM
my debit card doesnt have an expiration date, ive had it almost 10 years.

ashley50
Jul 12, 2010, 11:55 AM
make up an expiration date maybe? lol

Anduril
Jul 12, 2010, 11:55 AM
Does it have a Visa or Mastercard logo on it?

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Jul 12, 2010, 06:27 PM
nope, just a regular CIBC debit card (im in Canada)

Anduril
Jul 12, 2010, 06:28 PM
That's probably the reason. Typically you can't use a debit card for online transactions unless it has a credit card logo on it.

Dark Phoenix5
Jul 12, 2010, 09:11 PM
my friends used to use those "gift" debit cards and it worked...

stinkyfish97
Jul 12, 2010, 09:27 PM
You may be able to use a pre-paid debit card actually. Now here is the catch with those pre-paid cards, most of the cards you put money on, whether it is a bank card, a target card, or even just a visa gift card are mostly all only able to be used in the country of orgin you have bought it in. You can however purchase debit gift cards that can be used for international use, but you must go online to register it for international use and yes must give some of your information out, such as an adress. So although I am not exactly sure if it works, there are 2 different kinds of debit gift cards you can buy, those that can be registered for international use and those that can only be used in the US for example. It is probably just easier to use that debit gift card, if it is a gift, and go and purchase Microsoft Points at Gamestop or Target or whatever store.

Bank issued cards usually work because they will charge it as Credit, even if it is a Debit card. My card is issued by my bank but comes with a Visa logo just for that purpose comes in handy when I dont want to put in my pin in front of people, such is at a gas station.

Dark Phoenix5
Jul 13, 2010, 03:20 AM
so can i use a visa prepaid card for psu?i cant get my own bank account yet

Anduril
Jul 13, 2010, 10:59 AM
You could also get a GreenDot card; those have your name on the card and are reloadable with cash, but there are fees for maintaining it. (The site says it costs $5 just to activate one, and there is a $6 monthly fee.)

Ethateral
Jul 13, 2010, 12:08 PM
The Wal-mart debit cards are re-loadable as well and work just fine.