PDA

View Full Version : what level were you?

SolomonGrundy
Jul 12, 2010, 02:10 PM
When you notices enemies of level 150+ (S2/S3 missions) could be run quickly, solo?

EDIT: include your job, as well, since I'm sure it will be pertinent.

Lolitron
Jul 12, 2010, 02:50 PM
As FM and GM pre-supplemental, whatever the level requirement is, but this is rarely ideal due to the EXP punishment. MF is mission dependent, although post-supplemental, MF will be able to do any mission they are allowed to at any level with ease.

In fact after supplemental, every class except for HU, RA, and FO should be able to easily solo any mission they have access to.

Monster level means so little in PSU, unlike in PSPo2 where you can't even hit monsters 30+ levels higher than you and they kill you in 1 attack. Although monster level might matter a bit for The Big Push S3 since they take longer to kill and killing too slowly = fail.

milranduil
Jul 12, 2010, 04:43 PM
Monster level doesn't matter in Big Push S3 lol The enemies only have like 35% normal HP. Even Lv 182 Deljabans only have about 8k HP in there.

Lolitron
Jul 12, 2010, 06:45 PM
Monster level doesn't matter in Big Push S3 lol The enemies only have like 35% normal HP. Even Lv 182 Deljabans only have about 8k HP in there.

lol wat? and u hav truble solo'ing it?

milranduil
Jul 12, 2010, 06:57 PM
The trouble isn't from enemies' HP, it's their rushing into the target zone using all your tics in the blink of an eye.

Lolitron
Jul 12, 2010, 07:00 PM
The trouble isn't from enemies' HP, it's their rushing into the target zone using all your tics in the blink of an eye.

Use FM. Problem solved.

Sounds to me like FM would be the best solo'ing TBP S3 since mobility is far more valuable in TBP than AOE, especially in B2 (the most troublesome one). A single Majarra will kill 4+ monsters. A single Rabado will kill upwards of 6 monsters. Freaking FM is the bane of Dilnazens as well. B3 should be easy with TD and Spears. Since S2 was soloable with ease as FM without Jabroga I see no reason for S3 to be difficult for FM. Also, Paradi Cataract, even nerfed, should be able to kill a wave of monsters effectively giving you some extra "get out of jail free" cards (assuming paradi does 2100+ damage per hit).

As such I am led to invalidate your previous statement of "MF is the best for soloing TBP S3". It is clear to me that you haven't touched upon the power of FM for this mission. But regardless, it is still simply an opinion until someone proves one of us wrong. Let's not even mention the tech immune monsters in B3 (and B1 but nobody cares about Sageetas).

The best part for FM is that the monsters don't need to be in a puny little circle like they need to for MF. That's the biggest advantage FM will have over MF along with its ability to knock things out of the box while killing it simultaneously with TD.

And why not just grind for maps until you get an easy variation? Even duo'ing it (and thereby splitting the rares) will take longer in terms of rares/minute (for the sake of playing PSU for a living like Lina does) than grinding through B1 until you have the right map.

Noblewine
Jul 12, 2010, 11:40 PM
Lv170 Human fortefighter

milranduil
Jul 13, 2010, 12:51 AM
Use FM. Problem solved.

Sounds to me like FM would be the best solo'ing TBP S3 since mobility is far more valuable in TBP than AOE, especially in B2 (the most troublesome one). A single Majarra will kill 4+ monsters. A single Rabado will kill upwards of 6 monsters. Freaking FM is the bane of Dilnazens as well. B3 should be easy with TD and Spears. Since S2 was soloable with ease as FM without Jabroga I see no reason for S3 to be difficult for FM. Also, Paradi Cataract, even nerfed, should be able to kill a wave of monsters effectively giving you some extra "get out of jail free" cards (assuming paradi does 2100+ damage per hit).

As such I am led to invalidate your previous statement of "MF is the best for soloing TBP S3". It is clear to me that you haven't touched upon the power of FM for this mission. But regardless, it is still simply an opinion until someone proves one of us wrong. Let's not even mention the tech immune monsters in B3 (and B1 but nobody cares about Sageetas).

The best part for FM is that the monsters don't need to be in a puny little circle like they need to for MF. That's the biggest advantage FM will have over MF along with its ability to knock things out of the box while killing it simultaneously with TD.

And why not just grind for maps until you get an easy variation? Even duo'ing it (and thereby splitting the rares) will take longer in terms of rares/minute (for the sake of playing PSU for a living like Lina does) than grinding through B1 until you have the right map.

Puny little circle? I can hit nearly the entire width of b2 with a single Gidiga...

Oh and the Deljabans walk so fast and spawn so fast that in between combos of Dus Robado, they'll walk right past you.

It takes 4 Ramegids to kill the Lv 180 Olgohmons that are in there (or 4 megids) from a TCSM which is 4 seconds.

I can kill 6 Deljabans in 3 seconds with Gidiga spam in b2.

I block 50-60% of any Dilnazen attack not only allowing me to Just Counter and be invincible for the next cast, but also to bump my DPS up by 20%.

Paradi can't kill Tengohgs with its reduced power making it pretty useless.

Should I continue?

EDIT: Oh and I should add one last thing, I can be spamming Gidiga near where all enemies spawn at the back of Block 2, but if a Deljaban gets down in the area, I can simply cast Rafoie several times and it's dead from that same position. I don't have to run toward it to do any damage. I stay in pretty much my own "puny" circle wreaking havoc to everything else.

EDIT2: Just one teensy last thing I feel the need to add, I'm well aware of what Fighmasters are capable of...I did play as a very prominent FM figure on the US servers for some time before they closed and competed with some of the best (Rau I still think was a better Fighmaster than me, but we never could agree on that lol. We both had our own strengths and weaknesses). Furthermore, I played as FM quite a bit during StD, specifically Big Push and 4th System. I know what worked and didn't work. I know FM was pretty decent for soloing it. However, S3 has added (if possible) more speed to how fast enemies spawn compared to S2, and with TD being just that much slower, the gap grows wider.

It's clear to me that you haven't touched upon the power of JP PSU aka anything supplemental update and beyond.

Lolitron
Jul 13, 2010, 01:28 AM
Puny little circle? I can hit nearly the entire width of b2 with a single Gidiga...

Oh and the Deljabans walk so fast and spawn so fast that in between combos of Dus Robado, they'll walk right past you.

It takes 4 Ramegids to kill the Lv 180 Olgohmons that are in there (or 4 megids) from a TCSM which is 4 seconds.

I can kill 6 Deljabans in 3 seconds with Gidiga spam in b2.

I block 50-60% of any Dilnazen attack not only allowing me to Just Counter and be invincible for the next cast, but also to bump my DPS up by 20%.

Paradi can't kill Tengohgs with its reduced power making it pretty useless.

Should I continue?

EDIT: Oh and I should add one last thing, I can be spamming Gidiga near where all enemies spawn at the back of Block 2, but if a Deljaban gets down in the area, I can simply cast Rafoie several times and it's dead from that same position. I don't have to run toward it to do any damage. I stay in pretty much my own "puny" circle wreaking havoc to everything else.

Yes do continue. Please tell me how you're having trouble solo'ing it since nothing except for a few Deljabans can get past your gidiga spam. B1 is obviously a non-issue and B3 is easy as well. You should also note that Gidiga and Rabado have about the same range. You cannot solo TBP relying almost entirely on Rabado spam as it needs a combination of TD, Majarra, Paradi, and Rabado. Unfortunately, while your nuking the one hero deljaban who gets through the gidiga spam, a clump of new deljabans will have run past it.

I did not say Paradi was for the Tengohgs. In fact I thought you were good enough to know that Paradi is for the Deljabans, the one and only problem for FM on that mission. Switch to another SUV for B3 if necessary. The Tengohgs and everything else in B3 will die in 1-3 TD's and will not be able to stay in the box for obvious reasons. Speaking of B3, wouldn't the megiverse stacking trick be useful or at least amusing?

milranduil
Jul 13, 2010, 01:34 AM
Deljabans are a greater problem than the melee resistant Tengohgs? Explain that one to me.

I've ran TBP S3 once solo as MF and passed it. Sure it was difficult that run, but I've gotten refamiliarized with most of the spawns, and it's becoming much easier now to predict what's going to spawn. The only problems really are Tengohgs since they still take 6-7 casts to kill if they're in the box.

EDIT: Wow shows what you know...Gi-techs have like 50% more range than Robado does with attack range+ Lv2.

Why do you need Paradi for the Deljabans? What makes them so challenging? And yes it takes 3 fully JA'd TDs to kill a Tengohg which takes a lot longer than 7 Megids.

The amount of time it would take to even start Megiverse stacking, I can already have what 2-3 enemies are in the box dead with Megid/Ramegid. Most enemies don't make it to the box when I solo A) Because of my ping, half the Olgohmons stop running, and B) Ramegid stunlocks nearly everything until it's dead.

While I'm nuking the one hero Deljaban, more may spawn, but usually on their way there, the Rafoie still hits them, again due to attack range+. You don't know much about how big techs are with this new stuff do you?

Lolitron
Jul 13, 2010, 01:57 AM
Look I'm willing to admit I'm wrong. However according to your description, it should be easily soloable as MF (MF > FM in all scenarios you've described) since you know as well as I do that FM could solo this in the past, and should be able to solo it now.

I did not know about Attack Range + 2. My n00bness, my mistake. My point however still stands. You're having trouble clearing a mission that shouldn't be difficult to clear.

Tengohgs are not an issue for FM. Please don't make me explain something you know. If it was reverse argument to my Olgahmon statement, I'm not going to reverse it again since that will never end.

I wasn't talking about which class can TA it faster. I was talking about clearing it. Sure you can kill everything faster thanks to Gidiga Range+2, but dealing with the few stragglers that make it through should be a nightmare for MF (at least I imagine it to be) and can possibly even jeopardize your chances to clear the mission. Or is it B3 that MF has difficulty with? I don't know since I haven't played it. However, according to your theorycrafting, MF should scrape through with ease since evidently MF does everything better than FM for this mission. FM could solo S2 with ease (FM has gotten disproportionally stronger in comparison to the monsters) and in theory FM should have no trouble with S3.

If you didn't read my comment on Megiverse stacking, I said it was for amusement. Not really for practicality. Even people like you should do things in PSU for fun and not just for TA's and getting rich.

Man you sure are uptight about this. You don't like the concept that FM could be better than MF at something that you think MF is the best at? Or was it my condescending tone that got to you? I even held back for you since you are currently the best PSU player out there.

milranduil
Jul 13, 2010, 02:09 AM
.....Where did I say I was the best PSU player? I'm hardly stupid enough to state something like that lol. I said I competed with some of the best FMs in terms of time attacking...

Yes I saw your added amusement comment after you edited the third time.

I, also, am willing to admit I'm wrong. Perhaps there is some misunderstanding because I guess I was sort of implying a "which class can do it faster?". Or in any case, with more ease.

Stragglers in B2 are very easy to deal with. Because Ohryu doesn't reduce Ra-tech range, Rafoie can reach the end zone from where I spam Gidiga. All I have to do is turn around. They don't last long.

MF doesn't really have a difficult time with B3. Tengohgs can be slightly annoying when a random one flies at you that you thought was stunlocked, but it doesn't take long to finish it off, and they usually don't go towards the box unless you're standing in it yourself. The biggest...annoyance I guess would be the best word are close range Rappies since they like to hop sideways and even with Megid's absurd width, they like to get past that. I managed a quick fix for this though by pairing a Dark Mag with a Gidiga wand which quickly takes care of them.

Lolitron
Jul 13, 2010, 02:13 AM
I see.

I think with a little more practice and you can solo TBP S3 with ease. You've convinced me into thinking MF > FM for TBP S3.

Congratulations, you're the 1st one on these forums to have convinced me to change my opinion on something.

milranduil
Jul 13, 2010, 02:15 AM
Idk if I should take that as:

A) I brought up valid points that helped convince you.

Or

B) I've ranted you into submission because I'm a stubborn MFer (in both meanings of the word) lol.

Lolitron
Jul 13, 2010, 02:24 AM
Idk if I should take that as:

A) I brought up valid points that helped convince you.

Or

B) I've ranted you into submission because I'm a stubborn MFer (in both meanings of the word) lol.

It was both.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 13, 2010, 12:14 PM
so in summation, you both have turned this thread into your own "my charater is UBAR" war, and the original intent of the thread, which is to discover the point at which players find level 150+ enemies easily soloable, has been lost.

thanks!

milranduil
Jul 13, 2010, 01:51 PM
To answer your question, it really depends. I've seen a full party of Lv 180s take 40 minutes to do Big Push S3 solo. I believe the party structure was MF MF AF GM; they were all class Lv 20 as well. I soloed it once on my GM in 23 minutes and once on my MF in 17 minutes. It depends who is behind the character and how well they know their class. If they are relatively knowledgeable, a reasonable cut-off point for where Lv 150 enemies are easily soloable (IMO at least) would be 120-130, since that's when you should start fighting them anyways due to prior levels having an EXP handicap against enemies 30+ levels higher than the player.

ThEoRy
Jul 13, 2010, 04:30 PM
so in summation, you both have turned this thread into your own "my charater is UBAR" war, and the original intent of the thread, which is to discover the point at which players find level 150+ enemies easily soloable, has been lost.

thanks!

Mah lol numbars teh biggar den urz! DPS ovar 9000!

SolomonGrundy
Jul 13, 2010, 05:41 PM
Mah lol numbars teh biggar den urz! DPS ovar 9000!

when you coming back to play a lil PSU my man? I see you loggin in, but your card never lights up...

ThEoRy
Jul 13, 2010, 10:55 PM
Been playing some new stuff lately. Alan Wake, Transformers WFC. I plan on returning for the Guardians advanced features to see what I can do with my Force.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 14, 2010, 12:50 PM
Been playing some new stuff lately. Alan Wake, Transformers WFC. I plan on returning for the Guardians advanced features to see what I can do with my Force.

cool. I will look you up then!

Slace2k3
Jul 14, 2010, 07:16 PM
cool. I will look you up then!

would be good to play psu with the both of you again, stopped playing when 95% of my card list stopped playing :[.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 15, 2010, 11:28 AM
would be good to play psu with the both of you again, stopped playing when 95% of my card list stopped playing :[.

I still have your card, Mr Mako. I have been on hardcore this week, trying to get my main closer to the 180 level cap. I might might be able to make level 150