PDA

View Full Version : PSU Supp update. Now who's on top?

Aeris the techer
Jul 14, 2010, 10:03 AM
After the supplemental update comes to the US servers, which race and class combination do you think will be played the most? Which will be the most useful in solo missions? Which combination will be number one when it comes to reliability and being an asset to the team?

Let's hear some opinions!!!!
Male sure you back up your reasoning.

xBULLYDOGG
Jul 14, 2010, 10:05 AM
Masterforces will become just as if not more effiecent in missions (solo) as the other master classes I think because of there constant high K DPS, but i still think there will be more CAST/Beast fighters then anything else.

Akaimizu
Jul 14, 2010, 10:07 AM
Hmm. Good question. I can only guess it's whoever is already the most played, or nearly the most played. I highly doubt that this will change the popularity order by much. Maybe swap the top two. First of all, people will be slow to move away from the norm. Second, unless something mistakenly breaks, folks wont shift their view. Basically, whatever is already powerful, in their eyes, will always remain powerful if given the same effort as another class.

Classes on the low end of the spectrum are probably beyond saving, when it comes to popularity. There's been many shifts done, yet I haven't seen anything swayed. Now case in point, I've been away from playing this game like I used to, so maybe just maybe, when I come back in force, I'll come back to a few surprises. However, I haven't seen anything shocking yet.

Cloudstrife xx
Jul 14, 2010, 11:30 AM
Cast gunmaster they are consistant they can make errors and still get really good times the same will follow with supplemental and they are getting some very nice stat boosts.
Making them useful in solo and in teams.
Tho Fighmaster will be different at first and will still be great i think after 2nd and 3rd wave of GAS they will go back to being the true kings?!?! for solo and teams tho as with now they still have no room for an error one error in a run will cost alot time that will always be true.

Abit like Gunmaster Masterforce will be consistant tho you watch any of Bobby mf runs he uses gi spells alot they cause alot of slowdown for masterforce for 360 users thats even when solo tho masterforce will still be badass i cant wait to see what times ppl on this server can pull with sup.

xBladeM6x
Jul 14, 2010, 02:40 PM
Lots of things seem to even out with the Master Classes when the Supplemental hits. Everyone begins to have lots of strengths and weaknesses, but a balance of some sort does begin to become more prominent.

Aeris the techer
Jul 14, 2010, 03:04 PM
Very interesting indeed. I personally think that fighmasters will end up on top due to the beastly weapons coming out (if they really are...) but also, gunmasters are going to have an edge to some extent because of the jabroga nerf haha...(sorry, it's just funny that masterforce aren't the only ones nerfed now lol). Casts will no longer dominate with their paradi cataract so maybe beast gunmasters will rule for a while... Anyways, both the jabroga nerf and the paradi nerf will be disappointing to us all to some extent, I mean, we all benefit from it in parties. Masterforce..... Hmm, well from what I can tell, are just going to completely own every other force type in the game (sorry guys) but acrotecher will be the only one that will even be considered in a group...
Oh, the wonderful world of PSU. Move up in the game or GTFO, that's SEGAC's way of saying "we screwed up, now be this class." :)

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 14, 2010, 03:23 PM
The issue with Masterforce is the slowdown from the technic effects, at least on the 360. So although they may be much improved they will still have issues in terms of playing with a paty. The other Master classes are both much improved but once we get fixes to Grenade Launchers (bullet update) the Fortegunner will actually surpass the Gunmaster in most situations while the Fighmaster will remain better than the Fortefighter.

The rest are still just the rest though with the largest increases to the Guntecher and Protranser (once grenade bullets are updated). Keep in mind that there are a whole series of balance fixes that happened in Japan after the Supplemental Update so who knows when the 360 will get these changes. The bottom line is that every type has been made more powerful and none of the enemies have become more difficult so PSU is even more of a grind than before.

Shou
Jul 14, 2010, 03:26 PM
CAST FM and AF will be best. Because of the tech slowdown on 360 MF will only be best on some missions. Also MF will have limitbreak but Attack Range + doesn't come until wave 3 of GAS so it will be a while until MF pwns all.

TheAstarion
Jul 14, 2010, 06:38 PM
CAST is always gonna be the most powergamer friendly race, the SUV does its damage quickly and easily and isn't situational like the Nanoblast. Most CAST players like to play gunner, so for now it's probably going to be CAST Gunmaster.

When (if) we get that super duper grenade launcher with a bullet the size of Rykros, I can see a lot of CASTs going back to Fortegunner, getting their grenades to 50, adding element+, two handed boost, and grenade damage + to it and taking entire groups down pretty quickly. The same can be done by a Protranser, but with a lower ATP modifier.

Beast players are stereotypically very GRR ARG about things, and hence want to hit things up close. I can see Fortefighter making a comeback in certain circles, with lv50 twin sabers and twin claws. Of course most of them are already set in their Fighmaster ways and will just keep Majarraing, Jabrogaing and Tornoobo Dancing.

Newmans are going to be split more or less down the middle between Masterforce and Acrotecher, owing to both getting nice boosts, though AT has to work a little harder to get its attack techs to lv40, effectively giving them a full 50% set of attacks.

Humans make out like bandits with their GAS customisations, pick any class and go. IMO, Acrofighter and Guntecher (Protranser and Fighgunner both a little behind) have the biggest range of customisation power with a human, and look the best on paper by far.

So CAST GM > (& FG later) > Beast FM > FF > Newman MF > AT > Human anything.

Lolitron
Jul 14, 2010, 06:53 PM
It's a 3-some with MF, FM, and GM. I don't believe any of them are on top, although with any of the other classes, you can bet they're all going to be on bottom.

Esther Reagan
Jul 14, 2010, 07:22 PM
I like Protranser's chances more now. Apart from what TheAstarion said about the grenade launchers, they still have their EX traps and maybe they'll fix the Fire EX traps so that the burn effect works while the trap is still going. If that's the case, a maxed protranser can definitely deal some heavy damage on it's own. With all of the grenade launcher perks coming out, the combination of ex traps and grenades top fortegunner.

But all in all, MF will still lag and therefore still be an issue, so FM and GM will still be on top.

Aleph_0
Jul 14, 2010, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=TheAstarion;2509706]
Humans make out like bandits with their GAS customisations, pick any class and go. IMO, Acrofighter and Guntecher (Protranser and Fighgunner both a little behind) have the biggest range of customisation power with a human, and look the best on paper by far.
/QUOTE]

As a Human Guntecher 20, this brings a tear to my eye. Finally some love.

bLOODSAW
Jul 14, 2010, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=TheAstarion;2509706]
QUOTE]

As a human who plays every class on one character ( i have all to 20 except FM and MF), I am soooo happy about GAS. Acrofighter might become my new favorite class thanks to GAS (lv 40 cards and twin handguns among other things)

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 14, 2010, 11:18 PM

Sadly, this is incorrect as having extra stat points will not make a Human superior to a CAST in any way. As we all know ATP is the king of PSU so everything a Human can do a CAST can do as well. CAST's also do not need ATA and does anyone really care about the other stats (STA/END might matter)?

In regards to the GUARDIAN's Advanced missions a CAST gunner will still have enough ATA to equip most S-rank weapons and using GAS wll be able to equip the rest. A female CAST with GAS can get their DFP high enough to wear a Serafi-senba at level 20/20 too.

No, Human will still be the worst race for everything even with GAS not to mention that they will have the most grinding to do in order to use all of their points. I still have a female Human that I had planned to use as a GT but to be honest a CAST would be the better choice even with GAS.

In the end an SUV trumps a few extra stat points and abilities every time, especially when you have seen some of the new SUVs in action.

Marik
Jul 15, 2010, 04:00 AM
I prefer a Human GT, because they can get 4 bullets to 50 and no one else can. Level 50 Crossbow, Longbow, Mechgun, and Twin Handgun bullets, here I come.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 15, 2010, 09:39 AM
I prefer a Human GT, because they can get 4 bullets to 50 and no one else can. Level 50 Crossbow, Longbow, Mechgun, and Twin Handgun bullets, here I come.

Do the math though... taking a bullet to 42 gets you the elemental % increase and unless the Att% increase is very large the damage from increasing them to 50 is very minimal. Alternatively a CAST has a higher ATP pool and that Att% increase also does more for them.

Taking something to 50 just because you can is a bad way to look at GAS. Instead you should try to get as many things that you ned to 42 (for the elemental % bonus) and then spend the extra points into PAs that gain the largest Att% (or possibly Acc% for a Human) beyond 42.

In most cases just because you can take a PA to 50 does not mean that you should take that PA to 50. For a GT, taking a Longbow to 50 would probably be a good idea but having Rifles at 42 might not be bad since Longbows cannot stunlock. Machineguns have always been great for DPS so even a minor gain here should be useful so taking this up might work well, but Crossbows are not needed as they are only really useful for laying SEs. And Twin Handguns?! Taking them to 50 on my Gunmaster was the biggest waste of time as they have limited uses at best. It would be better to take a few more bullets to 42 and then put daggers up to 12 just to unlok the second portion of the PAs.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 15, 2010, 11:26 AM
Do the math though... taking a bullet to 42 gets you the elemental % increase and unless the Att% increase is very large the damage from increasing them to 50 is very minimal. Alternatively a CAST has a higher ATP pool and that Att% increase also does more for them.

Taking something to 50 just because you can is a bad way to look at GAS. Instead you should try to get as many things that you ned to 42 (for the elemental % bonus) and then spend the extra points into PAs that gain the largest Att% (or possibly Acc% for a Human) beyond 42.

In most cases just because you can take a PA to 50 does not mean that you should take that PA to 50. For a GT, taking a Longbow to 50 would probably be a good idea but having Rifles at 42 might not be bad since Longbows cannot stunlock. Machineguns have always been great for DPS so even a minor gain here should be useful so taking this up might work well, but Crossbows are not needed as they are only really useful for laying SEs. And Twin Handguns?! Taking them to 50 on my Gunmaster was the biggest waste of time as they have limited uses at best. It would be better to take a few more bullets to 42 and then put daggers up to 12 just to unlok the second portion of the PAs.

I'm kinda bummed about twin handguns. I love them, but rifles clearly rules the roost, as a result of range. I'm thinking about onma, dimma, Maggas, Dark falz (in his many forms), etc.

I think there is a place for crossbows (especially fire xbow, and maybe dark, and light), even thought the DPS is lower than shotguns. Certainly the mobility is worthwhile.

unicorn
Jul 15, 2010, 01:16 PM
If I were a Human, I would personally do this setup for GT (my GT is a Beast though, dont judge!):

Base abilities (out of 14)
ATP LV 5
ATA LV 2
TP LV 5
STA LV 2

Special Abilities (out of 6)
Full Custom Power LV 2
Exact Attack Damage+ LV 2
Exact Counter Damage+ LV 1
Attack Range + LV 1

Weapon Skills (out of 20):
Sabers +1
Daggers +1
Double Sabers+1 (for Lulz)
Rifles+1
Longbows+4
Crossbows+2
Machineguns+2
Rifles Element+
Longbows Element+
Crossbows Element+
Machineguns Element+
Right Hand+2
Left Hand+2

I personally don't use Twin Handguns (Crossbows and Mechs outdo them, and Rifle/Bow for FPS) or Shotguns, but some people might take some lvls out of Longbow/Crossbow/Machinegun for Twins or Shotties. I wouldn't bother with Cards, unless GT eventually gets S-rank ones (hah, won't happen. We've been singing that tune for ages).

Techs (out of 22)
Fire Technic +5
Ice Technic +3
Lightning Technic +3
Ground Technic +5
Light Technic +1
Dark Technic +5

Aleph_0
Jul 15, 2010, 02:52 PM
Sadly, this is incorrect as having extra stat points will not make a Human superior to a CAST in any way. As we all know ATP is the king of PSU so everything a Human can do a CAST can do as well. CAST's also do not need ATA and does anyone really care about the other stats (STA/END might matter)?

In regards to the GUARDIAN's Advanced missions a CAST gunner will still have enough ATA to equip most S-rank weapons and using GAS wll be able to equip the rest. A female CAST with GAS can get their DFP high enough to wear a Serafi-senba at level 20/20 too.

No, Human will still be the worst race for everything even with GAS not to mention that they will have the most grinding to do in order to use all of their points. I still have a female Human that I had planned to use as a GT but to be honest a CAST would be the better choice even with GAS.

In the end an SUV trumps a few extra stat points and abilities every time, especially when you have seen some of the new SUVs in action.

But I never said Human GT would be better than CAST o.O I just said I was happy Humans were getting some love.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 15, 2010, 02:56 PM
But I never said Human GT would be better than CAST o.O I just said I was happy Humans were getting some love.

I wish they would add some of the features from PS:P and PS:P2. The Mirage Blast would be a great addition to PSU and would help to balance both Humans and Newmans.

Vickie
Jul 15, 2010, 03:40 PM
ACROFIGHTER SUPREMACY!!

SolomonGrundy
Jul 15, 2010, 04:39 PM
with upgraded damage for traps in GAS, can you kill enemies (non bosses) outright with a G trap? How about an EX trap?

milranduil
Jul 15, 2010, 05:05 PM
with upgraded damage for traps in GAS, can you kill enemies (non bosses) outright with a G trap? How about an EX trap?

Sorry misread post, nvm >_>