PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

Immovable One
Jul 16, 2010, 03:59 AM
I've officially beaten Phantasy Star I! Just started playing II and am already hook at how detailed the world is. Plus you gotta admit the save point girl is cute (looks like Noriko from Gunbuster)!

Btw, any of you guys know where I can buy the Phantasy Star Compendium book?

Drac_Mazoku
Jul 16, 2010, 07:29 AM
Yes Phantasy Star II, while hard as hell, as one great game every retro-RPG lover should play. I'm currently playing the remake, and it's as hard if not harder than the original, something I thought was not possible in this day&age. But it feels so great for each little progress you're doing.

As for the compendium, you won't have any luck finding it on ebay, most of the rare Phantasy Star merchandise usually stay on Japanese site, and if they appear on english site, it would be for a price so high, you won't believe your eyes. I found mine on Yahoo Auction Japan. Here's one:

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b110578480

4800 Yen, which mean around 50$

If you do a little search on yahoo auction japan, I'm sure there's cheaper price, I paid mine around 40$

Gibdozer
Jul 19, 2010, 10:18 PM
I don't know about a compendium(although I'll be looking for one now), but you can usually find the PS II hint book that shipped with the game loose on ebay. Enjoy the best rpg of the 16-bit era, I wish I could play it again for the 1st time!

Drac_Mazoku
Jul 20, 2010, 01:12 AM
The compendium is the official japanese production folio for the classical series, and is one of the important piece to own in a PS collection as it wraps up everything in the series as it was coming to an end...

Hatrix
Jul 20, 2010, 09:58 AM
Congrats! I never finished 1, 2, or 3... my dam computer crashed with all my roms ugh. But 4 was quite awsome; It may have been a bit easier but it's put together real well, and the visuals are amazing.