PDA

View Full Version : Guardians Cash

WeeWardle
Jul 17, 2010, 03:13 PM
I have recently just read up on guardians cash. I personally am not happy with this addition. Due to the fact that I have been playing this game for 3 years paying for it when I'm not even playing it some times to now find out if I want to run special missions I have to pay extra. Am I looking at this wrong or is this just another way for segac to make more money from a game they don't even update regularly. I hate to say it but I think wow is beginning to look like a nice mmo.

ashley50
Jul 17, 2010, 03:28 PM
But if you don't...you won't be as cool as the rest. /sarcasm

Slayer76
Jul 17, 2010, 04:18 PM
well you should be glad that the 360 isnt getting guardians cash

WeeWardle
Jul 17, 2010, 05:08 PM
well you should be glad that the 360 isnt getting guardians cash

Oh really ?

str898mustang
Jul 17, 2010, 05:11 PM
Oh really ?

yep, most likely get a more watered down content though or it'll just take longer for them to implement the "GC" features.

Aleph_0
Jul 17, 2010, 06:15 PM
I'm really hoping that they will release the Gaurdians Cash content, just not with that rmt bs. I have a really bad feeling their solution to this will be just not adding all of that content. Which is unfortunate, seeing as how pretty much everything on my dream pallete is from those missions.

CEG Sassy
Jul 18, 2010, 02:07 PM
I Personally Think That The Guardian Cash System Will Ruin A Vast Majority Of This Game.
In My Perspective If You Grind A Weapon Or Fix A Broken Weapon I Dont See That As Being A Legit Player. Also, With The Creation Of Being Able To Create A Weapon And Grind With Real World Cash Will Ruin The Whole Point Of Having a Player Shop. It Would Completely Destroy The Market. I Just Think Its gonna Mess Up Alot Of Things.

Slayer76
Jul 18, 2010, 06:37 PM
i think it takes the fun outta the game if u dont have to work to get good % and high grinded weapons and its worse when you see everyone with them

RemiusTA
Jul 18, 2010, 10:07 PM
i think it takes the fun outta the game if u dont have to work to get good % and high grinded weapons and its worse when you see everyone with them

Dont get why people think this way. Who the hell cares? The fact you HAVE the weapon should be enough.

pikachief
Jul 18, 2010, 10:37 PM
Dont get why people think this way. Who the hell cares? The fact you HAVE the weapon should be enough.

i have friends who refuse to play PSU unless there is something rare and expesive to hunt for hours lol. Idk y he wont hunt red lines lol

but yea i have a friend that doesnt care about a single thing in the update because there are no new rares to hunt (besides the A rank swords at white beast he doesnt care about cuz they're A rank lol)

Yunfa
Jul 19, 2010, 02:54 AM
i have friends who refuse to play PSU unless there is something rare and expesive to hunt for hours lol. Idk y he wont hunt red lines lol

but yea i have a friend that doesnt care about a single thing in the update because there are no new rares to hunt (besides the A rank swords at white beast he doesnt care about cuz they're A rank lol)

WE SHALL PLAY TOGETHER! I NEED TO HUNT...Parum Fountain *Blush*

Karen Erra
Jul 19, 2010, 03:23 AM
meh I don't really understand why all the people are upset about Guardians Cash...
It's not like you have to use that if you play on the japanese servers. But in my opinion, everybody who likes it, shall use it.
I guess there are enough people on JP who don't use it. What you think why many japanese people more like to spend 99 mil+ for a Guardians Cash Gacha Outfit instead of making Gacha on their own...? ... Right, there are people, who don't use it.

It's anyway totally up the people if they use or not, no matter to say things like it ruins the game or such stuff lol

XbikXBd
Jul 19, 2010, 03:36 AM
meh I don't really understand why all the people are upset about Guardians Cash...
It's not like you have to use that if you play on the japanese servers. But in my opinion, everybody who likes it, shall use it.
I guess there are enough people on JP who don't use it. What you think why many japanese people more like to spend 99 mil+ for a Guardians Cash Gacha Outfit instead of making Gacha on their own...? ... Right, there are people, who don't use it.

It's anyway totally up the people if they use or not, no matter to say things like it ruins the game or such stuff lol

lol thank you Karen this the best explanation i have ever heard for people that think GC makes a game, you people should shove it lol

And to add insult to injury i am really mad that the GC weps on the Xbox server are now going to be watered down and also people GC is and always would have been a nice taste to countour all the BS on the xbox servers with its high prices and cut throght economy
i really dont care if high price people get f'ed over as long as i get my cool weps and outfitss but now i just really dont know lol all i can say is not having GC henderd us in one way but did not help lol i see us maybe geting more behind now or maybe worse no new content like Jp lol

Slayer76
Jul 19, 2010, 06:36 AM

i just like having a reason to play. my reason is get the best stuff i can by working for it just like a lot of other people. i would find it boring to spend money to get good stuff in-game. just my opinion. i honestly dont care if we get guardians cash or not really

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jul 19, 2010, 08:32 AM
Hiya,

I agree, getting items is a big part of PSU gameplay. I played JP PSU for about 3 weeks now. I spent a crazy amount on GC in a short amount of time and accumulated more and better stuff in these few weeks than years on EU PSU. I must admit its made PSU a bit stale now, I was so set on getting all these ult weps that now I have them it feels like a bit of an empty game and I wished i'd paced myself with GC spending instead of getting all the ult weapons in one go. Now all that's left really is levelling and helping people etc. I'm not sure if xbox server will get GC, I don't see why not I mean sure SEGA is stingy with updates but would they really wanna deny themselves that much revenue?

Tifa

AKA RED FOXX 23
Jul 19, 2010, 09:28 AM
I have been playing this game for over 3 years as well, and I agree that there is a since of pride and accomplishment when you work for what you have. I also understand our current social envirnment is one of "fast money" i.e get rich quick schemes. I wouldn't mind a modified form of GC wherein there is a limit on the amount of items you could grind/increase percentage etc. But, I do feel it would greatly dilute the PSU expereience if it were to be implemented as it is.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 19, 2010, 10:31 AM
what they shoudl really do is help teh in-game economy by bleeding meseta OUT of it, but offering large meseta services (1 Million +) for small increases in performance.

Karen Erra
Jul 19, 2010, 10:45 AM
The really cool and rare items aren't in Guardians Cash so far. I would wish for the Rutsularod to be a Guardians Cash weapon, but it isn't, so what's the deal? If you guys want to hunt rare things you can still do it. What is in Legacy Of The Light rotation doesn't need to be the best of all. It's just additional weapons, you can have if you don't be afraid of using a bit of money. Why's that such a big problem though?

And to the other things of Guardians Cash...

Grinding: Hmm lemme see, you guys like to have a super rare weapon and then grind it and break it, huh? What's the deal in using RL cash to make a weapon safely to 8/10? I rather give some money instead of exciting myself because a high end super rare weapon is breaking lol

Other equip modifying stuff: Hmm, here I don't get the giant problem either, you all seem to have. It's bad to make a weapon to 40% or make a shield to 40% instead of spent YEARS of hunting it? It seems you guys dunno that there are existing people who don't like hunting hours, days, weeks or months just for a high% weapon/shield. Why don't you just let the people who aren't interested in getting bored during hunting use the GC and let them do, what they like to do?

GC Gacha: Yeah, surely a highly addictive game so far. But it's still up the GC User if he does use this or not! As I said before, there are so many people, who rather pay 99million+ meseta for a stupid outfit instead of using GC on their own. So here we have again the two sides: People who use their money for PSU items and the others who don't.

And i still don't get the matter of the fight about Guardians Cash. There could be worse ways to spend money on (e.g. alcohol, drugs, ....).

I prefer using money for this case instead of other STUPID things.

@ XbikXBd: Thanks ^^

So far from me,

- Karen Erra

SolomonGrundy
Jul 19, 2010, 11:40 AM
And i still don't get the matter of the fight about Guardians Cash. There could be worse ways to spend money on (e.g. alcohol, drugs, ....).

I prefer using money for this case instead of other STUPID things.

@ XbikXBd: Thanks ^^

So far from me,

- Karen Erra

You are missing the point. Using Real Money to creatue uber weapons/armor, get better missions, etc cheapens the experience (what joy is there in synthing a 50% weapon, when you can easily make any weapon 40%?). It also creates an unfair play environment where someone with money can have better stuff than someone who can only pay the $10 month sub cost.

redroses
Jul 19, 2010, 11:50 AM
You are missing the point. Using Real Money to creatue uber weapons/armor, get better missions, etc cheapens the experience (what joy is there in synthing a 50% weapon, when you can easily make any weapon 40%?). It also creates an unfair play environment where someone with money can have better stuff than someone who can only pay the $10 month sub cost.

You could also say it is unfair for somebody who can only play PSU once a week(because of school, job etc.), to not have an option to grind a weapon safely or add % to a weapon if they want.

A 40% can't compete with a 50%, and a 8/10 can't compete with a 10/10(which you also can get a bonus with using GAS).

So even if they use money, they will never get the best equipment there is in the game, but come a little close to it so they can enjoy that.

Also, please don't tell me, you wouldn't love the fixing broken grinds(aswell as save grinding) when trying to grind a Edel weapon, or the Rutsularod or a Spread Needle. Or are you going to tell me it's so much fun to get a one time item to have it break? Or running missions in hopes of getting a rare mission where finally after a billion runs the needle drops just to break it?

Some people are more lucky then others, some people have more time and some people have more money.
It is everybodys own choice how they enjoy the game. And it shouldn't be anybodys concern how other players get their equipment.

Karen Erra
Jul 19, 2010, 12:03 PM
You could also say it is unfair for somebody who can only play PSU once a week(because of school, job etc.), to not have an option to grind a weapon safely or add % to a weapon if they want.

A 40% can't compete with a 50%, and a 8/10 can't compete with a 10/10(which you also can get a bonus with using GAS).

So even if they use money, they will never get the best equipment there is in the game, but come a little close to it so they can enjoy that.

Also, please don't tell me, you wouldn't love the fixing broken grinds(aswell as save grinding) when trying to grind a Edel weapon, or the Rutsularod or a Spread Needle. Or are you going to tell me it's so much fun to get a one time item to have it break? Or running missions in hopes of getting a rare mission where finally after a billion runs the needle drops just to break it?

Some people are more lucky then others, some people have more time and some people have more money.
It is everybodys own choice how they enjoy the game. And it shouldn't be anybodys concern how other players get their equipment.

Thanks Amai! Finally someone who got the point!

Well and tell me, why is it unfair if someone is paying loads of money for a game doesn't get more for it, as one who just play his 10 $ per month? That's really crazy point of view. People who want the "premium" features of GC have to pay for and that's it. There's nothing unfair in it. It's just as it's everywhere on the world: A golden key can open any door ;)

So stop be whining about GC and accept it as that, what it is: A possibilty for SEGA to make money, and for us to get cool stuff... *sigh*

Yunfa
Jul 19, 2010, 12:04 PM
It also creates an unfair play environment where someone with money can have better stuff than someone who can only pay the $10 month sub cost.

Welcome to reality, where if you have money you can have ANYTHING, for the right price. I'm fully aware that are people out there that do not feel "justified" because someone else has the means to achieve higher than they were able to in less amount of time. (hard work? pfft ha!)

Don't be bitter, after all this game is to be entertaining. You will have less stress on yourself mentally if you stop trying to 1up against the community. This mind set can't take you very far in life, for THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER THAN YOU OUT THERE!

XbikXBd
Jul 19, 2010, 12:04 PM

Ok take it from someone who plays both servers GC on the xbox would have been a saving grace because again of all the BS on the server. and i really dont see how it is unfair lol as KAREN SAID the best weps are not even GC lol there RSD trade or super rare drops.:-P

Personaly i think GC would have helped hell the relic preservation mission would be good for noobs insted of runing to white beast every two sec. and GC missionss are a chalenge(that you will never see) so yah GC would just help not hurt

pikachief
Jul 19, 2010, 12:10 PM
Welcome to reality, where if you have money you can have ANYTHING, for the right price. I'm fully aware that are people out there that do not feel "justified" because someone else has the means to achieve higher than they were able to in less amount of time. (hard work? pfft ha!)

Don't be bitter, after all this game is to be entertaining. You will have less stress on yourself mentally if you stop trying to 1up against the community. This mind set can't take you very far in life, for THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER THAN YOU OUT THERE!

your just saying this cuz u already know your teh best and u have money to play with plenty of GC if u wanted ;) lol :P

All I want from GC is the clothes D: I'd pay real life money for those clothes!

Maybe i should just join JP servers and pay GC since they already have so many clothes <3 lol but i wont :) (i dont just wanna wear them i wanna do runs in the with friends too lol)

Karen Erra
Jul 19, 2010, 12:13 PM
That's totally right! The best things SEGA doesn't even make as Guardians Cash items, because everyone shall have access to it. And that's how they made it. Again i use my example: the Rutsularod, now dropping in Big Push S3. Rutsularod seems to be the rarest, strongest and generally best Rod in game, and what do we see? Is it Guardians Cash? I don't think so. Same to other things. Think about the Shijin shield line, a super high end shield. Where to get it? RSD exchange is it and NO GUARDIANS CASH. So what's your probleme with telling us it destroys environment?

pikachief
Jul 19, 2010, 12:18 PM
That's totally right! The best things SEGA doesn't even make as Guardians Cash items, because everyone shall have access to it. And that's how they made it. Again i use my example: the Rutsularod, now dropping in Big Push S3. Rutsularod seems to be the rarest, strongest and generally best Rod in game, and what do we see? Is it Guardians Cash? I don't think so. Same to other things. Think about the Shijin shield line, a super high end shield. Where to get it? RSD exchange is it and NO GUARDIANS CASH. So what's your probleme with telling us it destroys environment?

i beleive at first all the best stuff was all GC for a while. and even now i think majority is still GC :P

Karen Erra
Jul 19, 2010, 12:22 PM
i beleive at first all the best stuff was all GC for a while. and even now i think majority is still GC :P

meh... if you would take a look on the current LotL rotation you would see, that this isn't true

and also, only a few of all items we have are Guardians Cash if you think about it again. In some cases they may be the best items of a category, but also there are enough of items which are better as the GC ones too

pikachief
Jul 19, 2010, 12:29 PM
ah i see well after a while i stopped keeping track on what weapons were GC and what werent anyways lol :P And besides with a game like this u could have a 10/10 alterazgoug or a 0/10 halarod and you'll do runs just fine so weapons dont matter too much other than looks really :P

at least not to me. thats y i want CLOTHES! i dont even care bout teh GC weapons lol

Karen Erra
Jul 19, 2010, 12:36 PM
Surely weapons aren't all in the game. But when i hear, how people are whining about the bad bad Guardians Cash, it makes me getting upset because it's really not true that this feature is killing the game. It's improving it and nothing else so far.

XbikXBd
Jul 19, 2010, 02:03 PM
ah i see well after a while i stopped keeping track on what weapons were GC and what werent anyways lol :P And besides with a game like this u could have a 10/10 alterazgoug or a 0/10 halarod and you'll do runs just fine so weapons dont matter too much other than looks really :P

at least not to me. thats y i want CLOTHES! i dont even care bout teh GC weapons lol

lol you want outfits its only 200Gc FOR A chanc.....oh yah wait you cant on the xbox server lol

Dealbreaker
Jul 19, 2010, 02:25 PM
lol you want outfits its only 200Gc FOR A chanc.....oh yah wait you cant on the xbox server lol

How is this kind of elitist attitude helping your side?

GC in my eyes was just a money grab for sega. Sure the best rod isnt GC right now... But im sure after your event it ends up there.

This is a MO RPG so the whole "I dont have time" Thing is weak. You are playing a game where running over and over is the whole point. GC didnt help out these people that hardly play. It helped out the players then run endlessly. It gave them a chance to get better even faster.

This whole topic is worthless however. Were not getting GC and im happy about that. Even if we only get half or less of the GC stuff you got ill be happy. I dont need everything JP got if i did i would still be upset i didnt get a shot at Ank Buti boards.

I enjoy this game even with its many many flaws. The same flaws even JP PSU has. Its an outdated game that looks like a game from last gen.

Edit: Oh and right off the Sega Forums from Edward

Anyway, so far as GC goes, don't expect more news right away and certainly not until the GUARDIANS Advanced Content is out and rolling. What I've said regarding GC items is that we do want to find ways to provide all of it, or as much as possible. When there is official, verifiable news about this, I promise to post it front-and-center where everyone can see.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 19, 2010, 03:00 PM
Ok take it from someone who plays both servers GC on the xbox would have been a saving grace because again of all the BS on the server. and i really dont see how it is unfair lol as KAREN SAID the best weps are not even GC lol there RSD trade or super rare drops.:-P

Personaly i think GC would have helped hell the relic preservation mission would be good for noobs insted of runing to white beast every two sec. and GC missionss are a chalenge(that you will never see) so yah GC would just help not hurt

Guess what. I *do* have the money to buy whatever I wanted in this game. And I ALSO have limited time to play (since I have a career). Guess what - I *still* think it ruins the experience. YOu would think I would be the largest advocate.

I think about players posts where they synth an armor and immediately GC it to 40% - where's the value in synthing then? and isn't it unfair to players who don't have money to generate streams fo 10% - 38% armors?

Sure there is luck in this game - i have seen players great S+10 grinders 3x in a row (I have never been able to synth a s+10 grinder). But the point is/was, that it did not favor anyone, and luck is fickle - ask anyone who has broken an S weapon going from 2->3

Tetsaru
Jul 19, 2010, 03:26 PM
Man, I remember back when all you had to do was pay for a game and that was it - no subscription fees, no add-on content, just $20-$60 to drop for the game itself.

Now, while I'm cool with buying add-on content for a game, sometimes you can't help but get the feeling that developers sometimes intentionally set aside stuff like that from the start, instead of including it in the full game you already paid $60 for. Then, when you start playing online or something, your friends will be like, "DUDE, why don't you have the _____ expansion yet!? The game sucks now without it!" and then you're often stuck by yourself because you either can't play in the new mode/levels that they have, or perhaps you feel underpowered because that new weapon everyone else paid for is so much better than all the stuff you worked so hard to earn, simply because your broke ass can't afford it because you've got bills to pay and mouths to feed. Once something new comes out, the rest of the game feels incomplete without it.

It's because of this reason that I think a lot of people don't want to see Guardians Cash items outside of Japan, because then they'll feel compelled to spend even MORE money to get content that SHOULD'VE come with the regular monthly subscription, since Sonic Team likes to feed us bullshit a lot. The fact that they develop this around the already fucked up grinding and synthing systems in PSU pretty much screams to me, "Don't you love how luck-based this game is when you're trying to make something cool?? Now that the game's random probability generator hates you, you can either waste another day of your life trying to farm that shit back up... or just pay us instead!" :wacko:

Add-on content is fine I guess, as long as it's reasonably priced, but I tend to draw the line when you can just "buy" more power; it's an easy way out compared to those who actually put forth the time and effort (and random BS luck) to make their best weapons. PSU has too much meseta in circulation as it is... if people are constantly spending and earning STACKS of money and Gold Bars might be implemented, then perhaps Guardians Cash content should be available for similar amounts of IN-GAME currency.

JCGamer
Jul 19, 2010, 03:33 PM
I rated this post :D
well if did had the G.cash on the 360 we should use are Microsoft points instead of having use are real money or credit card

XbikXBd
Jul 19, 2010, 03:51 PM
How is this kind of elitist attitude helping your side?

GC in my eyes was just a money grab for sega. Sure the best rod isnt GC right now... But im sure after your event it ends up there.

This is a MO RPG so the whole "I dont have time" Thing is weak. You are playing a game where running over and over is the whole point. GC didnt help out these people that hardly play. It helped out the players then run endlessly. It gave them a chance to get better even faster.

This whole topic is worthless however. Were not getting GC and im happy about that. Even if we only get half or less of the GC stuff you got ill be happy. I dont need everything JP got if i did i would still be upset i didnt get a shot at Ank Buti boards.

I enjoy this game even with its many many flaws. The same flaws even JP PSU has. Its an outdated game that looks like a game from last gen.

Edit: Oh and right off the Sega Forums from Edward

as for being called a elitest i am farthist from it^^; i just want to stop hearing all the BS that people are saying about GC it is a freash taste on the game which xbox will never see.

and as for what edward said that just means more waiting and hollow promises lol^^

XbikXBd
Jul 19, 2010, 03:53 PM
Guess what. I *do* have the money to buy whatever I wanted in this game. And I ALSO have limited time to play (since I have a career). Guess what - I *still* think it ruins the experience. YOu would think I would be the largest advocate.

I think about players posts where they synth an armor and immediately GC it to 40% - where's the value in synthing then? and isn't it unfair to players who don't have money to generate streams fo 10% - 38% armors?

Sure there is luck in this game - i have seen players great S+10 grinders 3x in a row (I have never been able to synth a s+10 grinder). But the point is/was, that it did not favor anyone, and luck is fickle - ask anyone who has broken an S weapon going from 2->3

i am sorry but i can never take you serouisly lol you keep saying something some one who has been burned to much and if you have all these problems with psu WhyTF are you still playing lol

Shou
Jul 19, 2010, 03:54 PM
There are good and bad sides to GC. Its great for people that don't or can't play very much have awesome items. It's bad because it makes an easy game even more easy.

One thing I would like to point out is that with all the extra income that GC brings in, SEGAC has a much bigger incentive to keep up good customer service and to roll in updates in events in a timely manner. The better they run the game, you could argue, the more people may be willing to purchase GC.

Karen Erra
Jul 19, 2010, 04:09 PM

Meh you don't get the point do you? Why shall PSU be different to the whole rest of this bad bad world? As i said before in my posts, money rules this world. People who have the money also have the sway. What should PSU be an exception there? Can you give me at least one reason for this? ...
I wouldn't call it unfair. It's rather... life. And life can suck in some cases for some people, who are those who don't have money to use GC, that's the main thing.

And I don't know how often i have to repeat it, there are people who DON'T want to synth for years to get what they want, there are people who DON'T want to hunt for years to find what they search. If you love this sooooooo much then go on with it, but let those who aren't interested to fall asleep while hunting or synthing any shiit, use GC for god's sake. Oh my god ... How people can exaggerate because of GC lol

BIG OLAF
Jul 19, 2010, 04:24 PM
I've been on the fence about Guardians Cash ever since I heard about it. I still don't know if not having GC is going to be a good or bad thing for the 360 servers. My instinct tells me "bad", however.

I definitely agree with Shou's point somewhat. For some people, GC is a saving grace. If you aren't a hardcore, "play-every-day" kind of person, being able to buy your way to semi-decent gear is immaculate.

For others, as Tetsaru said, it's horrible and really takes away from the PSU experience. If you have a lot of bills, and have to put food on the table for your family, you'll most likely miss out on much of the GC weapons, clothes, etc.

So, I don't know. :-?

Tetsaru
Jul 19, 2010, 04:26 PM
Meh you don't get the point do you? Why shall PSU be different to the whole rest of this bad bad world? As i said before in my posts, money rules this world. People who have the money also have the sway. What should PSU be an exception there? Can you give me at least one reason for this? ...
I wouldn't call it unfair. It's rather... life. And life can suck in some cases for some people, who are those who don't have money to use GC, that's the main thing.

And I don't know how often i have to repeat it, there are people who DON'T want to synth for years to get what they want, there are people who DON'T want to hunt for years to find what they search. If you love this sooooooo much then go on with it, but let those who aren't interested to fall asleep while hunting or synthing any shiit, use GC for god's sake. Oh my god ... How people can exaggerate because of GC lol

Ok, so lemme get this straight...

Life sucks because money rules the world, and the more money you have, the better off you are, and otherwise you have to work your ass off to get anywhere... ok, I can definitely agree with that...

...so by that logic, PSU would suck even more if Sega implemented GC over here, and the more money you have, the better off you are by being able to find unique weapons that no one else can get, and then make them have high %'s and 10/10 grinds with ease, which other people have to work their asses off to get the same result?

So, in conclusion, the addition of Guardians Cash updates would separate the elitist upper class society from the lower, harder-working classes...

My God, it makes PERFECT sense! Sega just wants to divide PSU's population up even MORE! And now that PC/PS2 is out of the picture, they won't have to rely on server segregation as much to do it for them! Karen, you're a genius! :wacko:

Kenbog
Jul 19, 2010, 04:29 PM

Karen.... I don't agree with you here, its a videogame its normal to work your way up especialy with an RPG like PSU.
I understand that its a rough ride but PSU is all about treasure hunting working hard for that special item and once you get it the feeling of accomplishment is amazing.
Well why working if you could make it easier with GC, paying it with the money you earned during that day eh?
Why need PSU have anything ingame with reallife economy anyway?
The irl rich get all privileges and the irl poor cannot have a thing...
Games should be a place to forget the worlds problems and have fun.

Palle
Jul 19, 2010, 04:30 PM
As someone who could perhaps pop in the game for a few hours a week and relax, I like Guardians Cash. It allows me to grind without worry or level Skills faster, and that's pretty much all I use it for.

What 'ruins the experience' for me [as Solomon Grundy put it] is being 120+ levels beneath the rest of the English-speaking playerbase. But until SEGA release a 60 minute +20000% EXP ticket... that's where I'll stay.

Crysteon
Jul 19, 2010, 04:35 PM
Ok, so lemme get this straight...

Life sucks because money rules the world, and the more money you have, the better off you are, and otherwise you have to work your ass off to get anywhere... ok, I can definitely agree with that...

...so by that logic, PSU would suck even more if Sega implemented GC over here, and the more money you have, the better off you are by being able to find unique weapons that no one else can get, and then make them have high %'s and 10/10 grinds with ease, which other people have to work their asses off to get the same result?

So, in conclusion, the addition of Guardians Cash updates would separate the elitist upper class society from the lower, harder-working classes...

My God, it makes PERFECT sense! Sega just wants to divide PSU's population up even MORE! And now that PC/PS2 is out of the picture, they won't have to rely on server segregation as much to do it for them! Karen, you're a genius! :wacko:

I lol'd hard on this one...life sucks indeed ;_;...damn you elitists! (lawl)

SolomonGrundy
Jul 19, 2010, 04:38 PM

Same reason I can't use my vorpal sword on my evil overlord bosses or shoot purple lightning on the mobs that assail me in the office with their petty requests.

It's NOT real life, and so fairness/balance (and to an extent) equality matter.

Crysteon
Jul 19, 2010, 05:13 PM
Vorpal Sword!? 9999 Damage! It's over 9000! D:

I've always said that GC is merely optional and a double-edged feature. Use it at your own risk, and enjoy the game the way you prefer. Meh...seriously guys, this argue is nonsense since you cant change the minds of GC users (besides....it's their money and everyone is responsible of how they use it). If GC is good or bad...uhmmm...that depends of how you use it.

Anyway, this is just a humble opinion of someone who doesnt abuse of the service.

Slayer76
Jul 19, 2010, 05:59 PM
Vorpal Sword!? 9999 Damage! It's over 9000! D:

I've always said that GC is merely optional and a double-edged feature. Use it at your own risk, and enjoy the game the way you prefer. Meh...seriously guys, this argue is nonsense since you cant change the minds of GC users (besides....it's their money and everyone is responsible of how they use it). If GC is good or bad...uhmmm...that depends of how you use it.

Anyway, this is just a humble opinion of someone who doesnt abuse of the service.

perfect post.

btw. i think even if we did get gc our side we still wouldnt get bi-weekly updates and the attention that japans servers get

Karen Erra
Jul 19, 2010, 06:38 PM
Karen.... I don't agree with you here, its a videogame its normal to work your way up especialy with an RPG like PSU.
I understand that its a rough ride but PSU is all about treasure hunting working hard for that special item and once you get it the feeling of accomplishment is amazing.
Well why working if you could make it easier with GC, paying it with the money you earned during that day eh?
Why need PSU have anything ingame with reallife economy anyway?
The irl rich get all privileges and the irl poor cannot have a thing...
Games should be a place to forget the worlds problems and have fun.

To be honest... Not even this game is fair, it never was and it never will be. It's unfair too that not everybody get rare drops even though he/she spams a mission to get it (looking on Rutsularod lol) and other people see it dropping like hell.
If you tell me now, life doesn't suck in that case, i dunno ^^
Same is GC, some people can have it, some can not. That's the way how it works.

Meh and I think people who posted before said it the right way, i can just repeat myself again: GC is still optional, nobody is forced to use it, nobody is forced to not use it. Just let people decide by themselves what they wanna do with their hard earned money. If there's somebody who likes to spent 5000 $ per month on PSU it's still his own concern and not ours.

Kenbog
Jul 19, 2010, 07:09 PM
To be honest... Not even this game is fair, it never was and it never will be. It's unfair too that not everybody get rare drops even though he/she spams a mission to get it (looking on Rutsularod lol) and other people see it dropping like hell.
If you tell me now, life doesn't suck in that case, i dunno ^^
Same is GC, some people can have it, some can not. That's the way how it works.

Meh and I think people who posted before said it the right way, i can just repeat myself again: GC is still optional, nobody is forced to use it, nobody is forced to not use it. Just let people decide by themselves what they wanna do with their hard earned money. If there's somebody who likes to spent 5000 $ per month on PSU it's still his own concern and not ours.

I don't think its optional if you want all the shiny stuff... I sure want them... I am forced to pay GC to get them.

Aeris the techer
Jul 19, 2010, 07:31 PM
Lol @ this thread. We're not even getting GC... LoL
And seriously... It's only for noobs who want to pay real money for things that will be deleted a year from now when the game goes under.