PDA

View Full Version : Request: PS4 Remake Online Petition

xrick
Jul 18, 2010, 11:01 AM
For a nice while I haven't been here since stuff about Phantasy Star died out for me until recently. Thanks to a brazilian gaming blog where one of the main heads is making a board diary of Phantasy Star generation:1, I've decided to pass through the game all over again, despite being a lousy player, and even managed to pass the point where I got stuck and finished it.
Right now, I'm with Phantasy Star generation:2, which is way hard to me and I'm making a hell of an effort to play it through...

But here's the deal about this topic...
I have already posted about this on PSCave and in Fringes of Algo, I created an online petition for SEGA to release at once the remake of Phantasy Star IV and also to localize the games outside Japan.

You guys can check "Phantasy Star 4 Remake / Phantasy Star Generation Games English Localization Petiton" here: http://www.petitiononline.com/ps4ages3/petition.html

I'm really counting with someone from here to leave a signature, as the petition only have so far 19 very precious signatures...

Drac_Mazoku
Jul 18, 2010, 07:26 PM
this is xellos667 on other Classic PS community forum. Anyway, while I already signed your petition, I just wanted to tell you that this place dedicated to the Classic saga is almost dead (in fact, phan of the classical and not the Hack-And-Slash MMO are pretty much non-existen these days). No one reply, even when you reply back, so I'm not sure if you'll get enough exposure around here....but it's worth trying

xrick
Jul 19, 2010, 03:13 AM
Thanks for telling me.

Westcoat
Jul 23, 2010, 04:27 PM
I was part of a petition in the past with something similar. I am a huge Super Mario RPG fan and was part of a community that wanted a sequel. The problem with doing a remake, they are targeting a small audience that wants the game remade. Like Drac_Mazoku said, the RPG preference has switched over to the MMO because of people's need to compete with others openly and play games that go on for as long as possible and water down a real plot.

People of this generation are impatient and skip all the text to just hack and slash and show off.

The better idea of a petition, or a movement, would be to create a sequel or the next storyline based Phantasy Star. Sega is creating Sonic The Hedgehog 4 which is continuing on in the series with it's classic gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGu-FnVUVbo <-- E3 Video

You would have a lot more success if you decided to change the petition over from a remake to a sequel based on the way which Sega is going.

TsubasaJ
Oct 7, 2010, 04:09 PM
Sketchy. US fans don't really remember the PS1-4 games as well. It never really had the impact say a FF/DQ game did. A shame really, as a SEGA kid the PS series defined what good RPGs were like to me.

Mind you, we're getting a PSO2 and the MMO market makes them more money. So I think that's the primary motivation. Same goes for Sonic 4 being episodal.

Drac_Mazoku
Oct 8, 2010, 08:07 AM
I wouldn't mind getting a Phantasy Star V in a episodic way, if the quality is there. If the only way to get a true new single-player 2D Phantasy Star is through Digital release, then I'll live with that...of course, I wish they would also go the Megaman 9 and 10 road, and give us an option to actually order a box, just for good measure and collection :)