PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Zee Mothership

Westcoat
Jul 19, 2010, 10:11 AM
Hey y'all,

Name's Westcoat and I just wanted to formally introduce myself to everyone. I'm 19 and hail from Massachusetts, so my terrible "Bahston" accent might slip onto here via keyboard. I'm a part-time writer, semi-pro football player and do security for a methadone clinic up here.

Less about me as a person, more about me as a gamer. I played PSO 1&2 a lot back in the day on Gamecube and loved it. I played offline, however. I also purchased PSO3 back in the day for a measly $5 bucks for some laughs. I'm a sporadic gamer that tends to go months without playing a game and then months on end playing one. I recently just purchased PSZero a couple days ago for $15 brand new from a local vendor. LOVE IT. However due to Nintendo's terrible friend code system and even worse match making, I've decided to become a forum nerd once again in hopes of finding sociable players that like to have fun but have lives otherwise. Hope to be gaming with you all soon!

Any questions are welcome, and I'm happy to be here!

-Westcoat

P.S. i like turtles.

P.S.S. Giggity.

DoctorQuark
Jul 19, 2010, 10:52 AM
Well, that was a rather formal introduction. But you're not alone. :P

Nintendo needs to quit with all the friend code stuff. It's annoying as can be. But all that aside...

Welcome to PSO-World. I'm pretty much brand new here, myself, but in my experience everyone here is pretty cool. You won't have any trouble finding people to play PSZ with, I guarantee it. :3

PSZFann
Jul 19, 2010, 09:22 PM
they do it because nintendo is focused on the kid society so they are just making it safe for kids to play.. but i think it is really dumb :P

Chaos Rappy
Jul 19, 2010, 09:35 PM
Why the FC hate? I can't see anything wrong with it in the first place aside from using it as a scape for dislike of other things most people don't like about this game. <_<

ParryPerson
Jul 19, 2010, 09:38 PM
My guess is kids can't be bothered to enter a string of numbers once.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 19, 2010, 09:45 PM
That's pretty much the only thing I can see bad about it, aside from having a "compacted" list of 64 FC's... note the "hidden" emphasis on "compacted"... <_<

The only way you'd get the full 64 anyways is if you were a complete oblong and just added everyone's FC you saw, or were like me, who played with vast amounts of different players for one reason or another (trading, for me).

DoctorQuark
Jul 19, 2010, 10:37 PM
That's pretty much the only thing I can see bad about it, aside from having a "compacted" list of 64 FC's... note the "hidden" emphasis on "compacted"... <_<

The only way you'd get the full 64 anyways is if you were a complete oblong and just added everyone's FC you saw, or were like me, who played with vast amounts of different players for one reason or another (trading, for me).

Well, here's the deal. I can understand the idea of Nintendo wanting to be "kid friendly" (like they've always been) and thusly want to create a more selective system by which friends must be entered by giving them a specific code. However, here's the deal: If you're in a situation where nobody you know owns your particular game, or you have no other means of finding players to play with, then the idea of having to exchange codes with another player where communication is non-existent to limited is pretty much impossible. If they tossed the Friend Code system for a more traditional system where one can simply register another person upon meeting them, or finding out their username, then all of those gripes would be quelled. And where Friend Codes are accessible, they're still an otherwise unneccesarry step...

But in my opinion, Friend Codes just aren't conducive to good online play. If I want to be able to add a person online to play with and communicate with on a regular basis, I want to do it as quickly and painlessly as possible. Friend Codes don't allow for that. Of course, by taking that away, there exist security issues that go hand in hand with befriending complete strangers online. This conflicts with Nintendo's general online and kid-friendly policies and therefore will probably never happen...

PSZFann
Jul 20, 2010, 12:49 AM
yup yup yup

Hatrix
Jul 20, 2010, 10:03 AM
Dude the Methadone clinic really? lol

Westcoat
Jul 20, 2010, 11:11 AM
Dude the Methadone clinic really? lol
Haha, yeah. Actually moving over to a job working with mentally handicapped people. :D

I can deal with FC to be honest, Nintendo could've just done it with user names. But obviously they are gonna do it to protect the kids and protect their product (FC are tied to the DS).

On a side note... Became level 11, got Twin Ketchup. :3

DoctorQuark
Jul 20, 2010, 11:16 AM
On a side note... Became level 11, got Twin Ketchup. :3

"You're on your way, kid." :3

Keep at it, haha. If the Twin Ketchup was more powerful, I'd use it all the time.