PDA

View Full Version : Xbox or PC

Cryze
Jul 19, 2010, 02:49 PM
Hey so I'm rather new to PS but I played PSO on gamecube for awhile with cousins and it was so fun and addicting and now I want to play but should I buy it for 360 or PC. I love playing PS and want to get started but which community has more players and updated content etc. ?

JCGamer
Jul 19, 2010, 02:52 PM
they shut down the PSU on the pc/ps2 so ur only option is 360.

ashley50
Jul 19, 2010, 02:54 PM
yeah go for 360 where you can actually understand what you're playing.

Cryze
Jul 19, 2010, 02:56 PM
Oh, Ok thanks

Kenbog
Jul 19, 2010, 03:41 PM
PC JP runs way better (x360 has terrible slowdown with almost everything) and have better support of the game (more content, more events and updates go way faster).

Everything important is written in katakana tho, witch are English words written in Japanese signs, its easy to understand once you know the 48 signs.

Tetsaru
Jul 19, 2010, 04:05 PM
If I were you, I'd wait for the private servers to get finished. Sorry, I'm not allowed to discuss them here. :D

The online game's ok and everything, but trust me, you'll get tired of Sega's bullshit REAL quick.

DuRaL
Jul 19, 2010, 05:41 PM
what the community's trying to say: "we don't want new players, please go play something else"

except of the small JP PSU community, they're trying to suck as many possible new 360 players into their servers as possible. probably because they feel lonely among all the japanese players most of the time..

but to answer your question: you can't play PSU on PC no longer, except of the japanese version. so unless you speak japanese, i recommend playing on xbox360. it's as simple as that..

Kenbog
Jul 19, 2010, 06:22 PM
what the community's trying to say: "we don't want new players, please go play something else"

except of the small JP PSU community, they're trying to suck as many possible new 360 players into their servers as possible. probably because they feel lonely among all the japanese players most of the time..

but to answer your question: you can't play PSU on PC no longer, except of the japanese version. so unless you speak japanese, i recommend playing on xbox360. it's as simple as that..

I am not trying to suck people to the JP server, the game is just designed for PC and JP audience so its normal they get the best game experience...

Sinue_v2
Jul 19, 2010, 06:26 PM
If I were you, I'd wait for the private servers to get finished. Sorry, I'm not allowed to discuss them here. :D

The online game's ok and everything, but trust me, you'll get tired of Sega's bullshit REAL quick.

This, though I would amend it to suggest that the 360 servers are a decent enough option for the interim until other options manifest. Though I would look on it more as a placeholder, since the servers will be shut down eventually - taking all of your character data with it. This won't be as much of an issue when utilizing your "other options" on the PC, but is pretty much impossible to implement life extension technologies on the 360 version.

Unless you're willing to fuddle your way through moonglyphs and memorize functions by menu layout (which will be a bit more difficult if you're not already familiar with the game), then I'd say 360 is the way to go. It's a safer bet on a game you've yet to experience. Yeah, the JP game is much better - and I'm sure you'd have a lot of help getting started and learning the indecipherable ropes... but the 360 is easier for a newbie to just jump in and get acclimatised. With the main game only costing $10~15 online, and the expansion being free, there's very little initial investment holding you back.

So I'd say start on the 360, and get a feel for how things go. See if you like the game, and get used to the way it plays. Then, in a few months, if you're not satisfied with Sega's bullshit excuse for customer service - you can always download the JP client from Sega free and try your luck there.. or just hold out until those other options become available.

str898mustang
Jul 19, 2010, 07:49 PM

Sega of Japan doesn't give u bullshit, we get updates every 2 weeks as promised.

NDW
Jul 20, 2010, 09:03 PM

This. It took me 2.5 years to realize that. -_-