PDA

View Full Version : Are there ANY perks to playing a Human?

Daemon Gildas
Jul 19, 2010, 04:55 PM
Well, my character is now level 44, but it's kind of been bugging me, whether or not I should re-create him as a Beast? I have absolutely zero interest in playing a Ranger or Force of any kind (save for hybrids), which is what's making me question it.

I certainly don't *want* to create a new character, but after looking into the Beast race a little more, they seem superior in every way. I dunno, are there any perks to playing a Human I might not know about?

BIG OLAF
Jul 19, 2010, 05:12 PM
I'm sure someone will disagree with me here, but, sadly, no. Humans are getting more GAS points to work with come tomorrow, making them decent all-rounders, but as far as excelling in anything:

Newmans will always be better techers.
Beasts will always be better fighters.
CASTs will always be better rangers.

Kenbog
Jul 19, 2010, 05:14 PM
They get bonuses from hydride classes and they have the most type customization points.

Tetsaru
Jul 19, 2010, 05:18 PM
They can use Crea weapons (not including Crea Doubles or Crea Doubles+) to hit multiple enemies for crappy damage with their normal attacks, instead of just spamming PA's like everyone else does... *twirls finger* >_>;

SolomonGrundy
Jul 19, 2010, 05:52 PM
largest "units" compared to bodyweight, if you know what I mean and I think you do

Slayer76
Jul 19, 2010, 06:03 PM
i find humans sad. cast have suv. beasts have beast mode. techers have ridiculous spells. humans get a few more customization points and crappy crea weapons

Vickie
Jul 19, 2010, 06:11 PM
Humans bodies are more Perky

Daemon Gildas
Jul 19, 2010, 07:19 PM
Hmm, well that's disappointing. I wonder, then, is it worth starting over with a new character?

RisK x FaTaL
Jul 19, 2010, 07:26 PM
ya...i had a beast lvl 37 and got bored so i made a cast and now my cast is lvl 50

unicorn
Jul 19, 2010, 07:49 PM
Best stats for Acrofighter and Acrotecher after GAS. Sometimes Protranser.

bLOODSAW
Jul 19, 2010, 08:26 PM
Best stats for Acrofighter and Acrotecher after GAS. Sometimes Protranser.

IMO best wartechers as well (especially with tp boost from the new update)

Gibdozer
Jul 19, 2010, 08:27 PM
No stupid looking ears!

Esther Reagan
Jul 19, 2010, 08:48 PM
Humans make terrific choices for hybrid classes like Acrofighter, Acrotecher, Protranser, etc. As far as excelling in a class, even with GAC coming out, I don't think they will. Beasts will always be best fighters, Casts - gunner, newmans - forces. That's just how it is.
Crea weapons are pathetically weak and the fact that your PA can't hit the extra targets but only a normal attack can makes them even more undesirable.
Most people are immediately attracted to the beast's ability to nanoblast or the cast's ability to use SUV's.

TheAstarion
Jul 19, 2010, 09:33 PM
You have four character slots, there's no reason you can't just have four different characters. There's also nothing anywhere that says the character in your first slot has to be your highest.

Beasts and CASTs make better fighters than humans, owing to the higher attack power. Of the two, CASTs are the best because of SUV weapons and the best accuracy (compared to beasts who have the worst). Nanoblast is also rather... underpowered... once you get to the late game. 50 seconds unable to heal or 35 seconds invincible where your damage goes down the toilet? Those are your options for the Nanoblast.

If you like Acrofighter or Fighgunner (maybe Wartecher if you prefer versatility to damage) then human's good because of the customisation points and racial stat boost. Acrotecher and Guntecher get good boosts too, but you've already stated you're only interested in the fighter classes.

If you like Fortefighter or Fighmaster (maybe Protranser if you find out you like guns and the awesome EX traps as well as fists and spears), then stick to CAST, with Beast running a distant second.

Newman fighters exist, but their damage is the worst. Elf ears are smexy though.

Shou
Jul 19, 2010, 09:40 PM
If/when they get mirage blasts and they are comparable to SUVs, Humans will actually be the ideal class choice for a few types.

zombiemoshpit84
Jul 19, 2010, 11:07 PM
humans make the best acrofighters. well in my opinion anyway. the race bounus combined with the humans high tp and mst "tp for ranged mags" make them very well balanced.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 20, 2010, 12:31 AM
Look, I've made this argument before:Tthere are two stats that humans do ok in. EVP, and TP (both second best to newmans).

That means (to me) Wartecher, or AcroTecher which boost those stats, as well as take advantage of Human's class bonus.

Wartecher is a VERY defensive class...in a game that does not really value defense.
Then again, with access to level 40 skills, better buffs (and debuffs), and some decent ranged options

Acrotecher is a more obvious choice...and more party friendly as well.

pikachief
Jul 20, 2010, 12:44 AM
No stupid looking ears!

personally i think humans have some pretty stupid looking ears lol but i still like them more than newman's :P

xBladeM6x
Jul 20, 2010, 12:54 AM
As stated before, they get a shit ton of things to spend their AEXP on, where as the other races get a smaller amount.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jul 20, 2010, 01:35 AM
Humans bodies are more Perky

I second this.

Also, as everyone else said, Humans are decent at everything, which is good if you wanna switch it up every now and then.

Also, what xBladeM6x said.

Daemon Gildas
Jul 20, 2010, 03:06 AM
Well, the thing is, I'll probably never play and Ranger or Force class; I thought I would, but once I tried them, I just hated the playstyle. Which is a shame, because Forces just *seem* so awesome, but I just couldn't get into the gameplay.

In fairness, I do love playing as an Acrofighter. The only thing I hate, is the inability to use S-rank Twins, or Double-Sabers of any rank. It just feels a little limited, plus 1-hand weapons never felt as "cool" as Twin-sabers or Double-sabers, which actually seem more *acrobatic*.

xBULLYDOGG
Jul 20, 2010, 04:05 AM
Has anyone mentioned how they level PAs faster, or is that still a god dam debateable pile of poop

Professor Xavier
Jul 20, 2010, 05:12 AM
Has anyone mentioned how they level PAs faster, or is that still a god dam debateable pile of poop

Don't humans make the best Merchants?

xBULLYDOGG
Jul 20, 2010, 05:34 AM
Don't humans make the best Merchants?

I told vivenne that your partner machine does

Akaimizu
Jul 20, 2010, 08:56 AM
You also get to appear more exclusive because you wont look like the majority of other players who pick race to min/max their characters. You can also feel comfortable playing a Hybrid that freely uses both sides of the combat spectrum. Attack Power and Tech.

I always felt the humans would turn into the exotic characters of PSU. So I was kind of attracted to the master-of-none setup for them. To a degree, they are the exotic group. Perhaps a minority. One thing I do enjoy, is the ability to make my character look unique. The uniqueness of my 2 human characters can be spotted a mile away.

Blue_Beast
Jul 20, 2010, 10:48 AM
Humans have the highest evasion... i never get hit... im good at anything i want to do... and you all can kiss my *** <(>,<) "OH NO HE DIDNT"

and BTW as for BEAST's beast mode... its completely pointless... by the time you are lvl 70 or so you out hit your beast mode by a cr@pton... besides thier accuracy is so pisspoor you cant hit a thing... play blindfolded if you want to be a beast...

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2010, 10:52 AM
besides thier accuracy is so pisspoor you cant hit a thing... play blindfolded if you want to be a beast...

I can hit things just fine, thanks.

Blue_Beast
Jul 20, 2010, 10:56 AM
I can hit things just fine, thanks.

youre still a big stanky useless ape... besides... they are ruining fighmasters best moves... go be useless... shoo...

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2010, 10:57 AM
youre still a big stanky useless ape... besides... they are ruining fighmasters best moves... go be useless... shoo...

Wow, rude and uncalled for. I'll have you know that I'm a Fortefighter. Besides that, you're calling a virtual race on a video game "stanky useless apes". I mean, I know I'm bored from the servers being down, but damn.

Blue_Beast
Jul 20, 2010, 10:59 AM
Wow, rude and uncalled for. I'll have you know that I'm a Fortefighter. Besides that, you're calling a virtual race on a video game "stanky useless apes". I mean, I know I'm bored from the servers being down, but damn.

lol yeah im sorry... racism on a video game... lol i dunno what i was thinking coo~coo

me needs load brain before shooting off dumb@ss mouth... now drop it and be happy...

Xx Cho Hakkai xX
Jul 20, 2010, 12:02 PM
Has Anyone mentioned the boost humans get protranser and hybrid or the fact that humans made all the other races? HUMAN SUPREMECY! Dont make us make beast and cast aids and spread it like our goverment spread to control population. Newmans are alright so we'll give them a cure. lmao

psz roks!
Jul 20, 2010, 12:04 PM
UR A TARD!!!!! HUMANS USE SPELLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xx Cho Hakkai xX
Jul 20, 2010, 12:05 PM
humans made spells lol

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2010, 12:10 PM
humans made spells lol

Actually, I'm fairly certain that the gods of Gurhal made their own elemental spells, and the mortals just learned to master them.

Blue_Beast
Jul 20, 2010, 12:59 PM
Actually, I'm fairly certain that the gods of Gurhal made their own elemental spells, and the mortals just learned to master them.

NEEERRRRRRD >,<

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2010, 01:02 PM
NEEERRRRRRD >,<

Yeah, I am. So?

SolomonGrundy
Jul 20, 2010, 01:08 PM
I do miss on my beast if I take on high evasion enemies, but it helps to know the accuracy of your Photon Arts, and select weapons accordingly.

Using a 700 ATA Gudda Iggac solves most of your issues.

Blue_Beast
Jul 20, 2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I am. So?

so... grow a sense of humor... jeeez...

xBULLYDOGG
Jul 20, 2010, 01:17 PM
so... grow a sense of humor... jeeez...

dont be stupid, no one has HUmar
see what i did thar

SolomonGrundy
Jul 20, 2010, 01:49 PM
omg you guyz are soooo funny, lolz.

Daemon Gildas
Jul 20, 2010, 04:53 PM
Well, now that Innocent Girl no longer gives the Exp boost, I honestly can't see myself starting a new character. So I guess, in a way, Sega made the decision for me :P

RemiusTA
Jul 20, 2010, 05:01 PM
Well, my character is now level 44, but it's kind of been bugging me, whether or not I should re-create him as a Beast? I have absolutely zero interest in playing a Ranger or Force of any kind (save for hybrids), which is what's making me question it.

I certainly don't *want* to create a new character, but after looking into the Beast race a little more, they seem superior in every way. I dunno, are there any perks to playing a Human I might not know about?

No.

Sadly they created a game with a system that absolutely shuns Newmans and Humans. There are no perks to playing a human, even with whatever insignificant boosts they get when playing Hybrid classes. Oh, and you can play a Newman if you like to die quicker and hit weaker. MST is higher, but most enemy Technics in this game are counted as Physical attacks anyway (What the fuck, ST.), so that stat is useless, and so much for your TP being higher, because Technics suck ass. Well, unless they are level 41 or above with limit breaks. Maybe then they're useful. Nothing an Axe/Spear/Sword/SABER couldn't do though, really.

They absolutely failed with the racial balance in this game. If you aren't a cast or a beast.....well, thats your ass. No fun perks for you, you just get regular 'ol PSU and a gauge that looks like its supposed to fill up but really does nothing. They took away the Photon Blast system (with the Blast Chains and donation boosts you can do with your team members, added a great sense of fun and teamwork to the blasts), and replaced it with nothing.

IMO, things like that are why i cant wait for a new PS title. They added alot of neat stuff when they designed PSU, but they absolutely nuked any sense of depth that the battle engine had.

The only reason my Main on PS2/PC was a Human is because it was sort of a throwback to my PSO character. That, and I wanted to be somewhat unique. Too bad i got nothing out of it, though. Accuracy is a problem for beasts but nobody ever gives a damn, because their damage is through the roof anyway. I dont believe casts even have a weakness -- they're stronger than Humans and more accurate as well. Maybe against the 4 instances in the game where an enemy actually shoots a technic-counted attack at you. But once again, nobody cares, because if its any real kind of threat they'll just SUV-nuke the entire room and keep on stepping.