PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Class?

DoctorQuark
Jul 19, 2010, 07:45 PM
I thought this question sounded worthwhile, so I thought I'd just go ahead and put it out there. What's your favorite class of character in PSZ, and why? You can give anything from the most logical reason to the most ridiculous reason for it. There are no wrong answers here... :P

I guess I personally prefer a Humar. They're kinda noobish, yeah, but they're versatile. And I guess it just feels right playing as a human. Is that so wrong? : D

Chukie sue
Jul 19, 2010, 08:14 PM
Agreed.

They come in a cool Navy Blue, and spiky hair.

Galax
Jul 19, 2010, 08:22 PM
RAmar.
Say what you want, I play him more than my FOmar and HUcaseal.

Ranmaru
Jul 19, 2010, 08:25 PM
Well, currently I am using a HUmar. Easy, yes. Of course, I really really like HUnawearl. I'm going to also fully use her. ;p

ParryPerson
Jul 19, 2010, 08:46 PM
I've been a fan of a series called Guyver for a long time so...

HUcast.

I also love the HULK SMASH gameplay.

Macman
Jul 19, 2010, 08:58 PM
FOmar.
Classy bastard.

pso_crash
Jul 19, 2010, 09:19 PM
I don't think HUmar are noobish at all. They are one of the best soloing classed in the game. I vote for HUmar as well. I like the buffs and the decent melee.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 19, 2010, 09:33 PM
*burns HUmar at the stake and plants HUnewearl flag into the ground at my feet*

That's right, I went there. Goes to show you can't trust humans. ;P

Not really a fan of CAST's either, but I prefer them over humans for their classes, so... meh. HUneweearl is still my favorite overall class combining a wide versatility range between the best non-Force teching and still hits harder than any Ranger ever could in Melee/Range, not to mention ungodly high evasion and the ability to regenerate PP naturally, as well as have a lot of it in store for being able to Tech sometimes or for PA-spamming without the constant need of Fluids.

Newmans are the best, but HUnewearl is their queen. :D

DoctorQuark
Jul 19, 2010, 10:29 PM

That's right, I went there. Goes to show you can't trust humans. ;P

Not really a fan of CAST's either, but I prefer them over humans for their classes, so... meh. HUneweearl is still my favorite overall class combining a wide versatility range between the best non-Force teching and still hits harder than any Ranger ever could in Melee/Range, not to mention ungodly high evasion and the ability to regenerate PP naturally, as well as have a lot of it in store for being able to Tech sometimes or for PA-spamming without the constant need of Fluids.

Newmans are the best, but HUnewearl is their queen. :D

You really thought that one out, didn't you? o.o;

Macman
Jul 20, 2010, 12:13 AM

That's right, I went there. Goes to show you can't trust humans. ;PI think it's the other way around, you violent little bugger.

Chimeria
Jul 20, 2010, 06:43 AM
I've been using a HUnewm. I dunno...I kinda go for classes that are somewhat all around attackers and have potential to be support classes. Plus they look really cool (despite being somewhat feminine looking). lol.

The hardest part is actually finding my shifta and deband...

DoctorQuark
Jul 20, 2010, 09:12 AM
Well, all newmans are feminine looking. But I don't blame you. :3

Cruciarius
Jul 20, 2010, 09:31 AM
HUnewearl and FOnewearl are my two favorites. They look awesome and I can't pass up PP regeneration.

I can't stand HUmars. Look the worst and played by mostly newbs, at least on Free Play. When ever I get paired with one, I turn my DS off. They look like they were put into the wrong game... they just don't fit, look-wise.

DoctorQuark
Jul 20, 2010, 10:41 AM
HUnewearl and FOnewearl are my two favorites. They look awesome and I can't pass up PP regeneration.

I can't stand HUmars. Look the worst and played by mostly newbs, at least on Free Play. When ever I get paired with one, I turn my DS off. They look like they were put into the wrong game... they just don't fit, look-wise.

Aw. D:

Malkavian
Jul 20, 2010, 10:58 AM
I always loved CASTs, specially RAcasts in previous PSO iterations so I'm sticking with that for now.
But I really havent tried other classes beyond lv5 in PSZero.

Im also human basher, I feel that if you want a class good with weapons go with a CAST and if you want a class good with techniques go for a Newman :P

leviayurashyguy
Jul 20, 2010, 01:26 PM
FOmarl.

because all elvesNewmens should go burn in the fiery pits of Mt. Etna

Mana Eterni
Jul 20, 2010, 01:30 PM
FOnewm. cause he's pretty.

Seth Astra
Jul 20, 2010, 02:41 PM
HUnewm: Decent ATP, and nearly limitless self and group-healing (resta+PP regen, FTW).

FOnewearl: Best MST, PP regen, megid bonus. (Megid is the best).

DoctorQuark
Jul 20, 2010, 02:45 PM
I'm thinking that once I'm done with my HUmar I'll use a HUcast or a FOnewearl. Which should I go with?

I'm siding towards the FOnewearl, myself.

Seth Astra
Jul 20, 2010, 02:49 PM
FOnewearl. I have both, actually, and HUcast just bores me. When you're used to using resta and shifta all the time as a HUnewm (or, I guess, HUmar to a lesser extent) not having those gets boring. Forces, on the other hand, are very fun to play (plus techs are just fun to spam and nuke enemies with). They provide a different, more interesting experience, rather than a similar, simpler experience.

DoctorQuark
Jul 20, 2010, 02:52 PM
In that case, and I need to ask this because the game itself doesn't do a fantastic job of differentiating, would a FOnewearl be better than a FOnewm? Or are they about the same?

Chaos Rappy
Jul 20, 2010, 03:03 PM
FOnewm is the better attack-techer due to having boosts in all five categories of attack techs, while also maintaining high MST. FOnewearl is the best support/healing techer/MST-based weapon damage dealer/Megid-caster... so, basically, anything not relating to any of those, the FOnewm is better at (with Support-techer being kinda tied in the sense that all Forces have up to level 15 techs, just FOnewearl has the combination of having higher PP and Newman PP regen bonus).

DoctorQuark
Jul 20, 2010, 03:05 PM
FOnewm is the better attack-techer due to having boosts in all five categories of attack techs, while also maintaining high MST. FOnewearl is the best support/healing techer/MST-based weapon damage dealer/Megid-caster... so, basically, anything not relating to any of those, the FOnewm is better at (with Support-techer being kinda tied in the sense that all Forces haveup to level 15 techs, just FOnewearl has the combination of having higher PP and Newman PP regen bonus).

Knowing my incessant need to heal and buff everyone else on a regular basis, FOnewearl sounds more up my alley.

What about FOmar?

Seth Astra
Jul 20, 2010, 03:10 PM
Human Forces are only better if you want to melee with forces. And why melee when techs are the most OP thing in the game. Sure, FOmar has slightly better Foie/Barta/Zonde, but they're stuck constantly drinking fluids. I played one, but deleted him for my FOnewearl. PP regen really helps a FO.

leviayurashyguy
Jul 20, 2010, 03:11 PM
FOmar is the next best thing to FOmarl, with the same level of passionate hate for Newmans while having the option to sport the Carl Clover look

Chaos Rappy
Jul 20, 2010, 03:11 PM
TBQH, I don't really like the human FO's much myself, since I like the Newman PP regen (and having 6 PP regen per 5 seconds while moving + 5 PP regen recovered from my PP recover lv5 unit is awesome for a heavy techer like me in the heat of battle, not having to waste Fluids like those pesky humans later on when I had sufficient PP), but I GUESS in the sense of good sportsmanship, FOmars have the better boost to the three elemental spells, but not by much, and no loss to Resta like FOnewms, but don't really have as much MST as a FOnewm, and the boosts pretty much are only good to make them about even in damage with a FOnewm in their boosted tech uses. FOmar's real only excellence as a Force is his ability to use melee weapons somewhat decently (for a Force) while maintining Force-ism teching abilities. Basically, a Red Mage kind of style of class, which means that while he isn't so bad on versatility, he isn't efficient in either class he tried to be like. : /

That's my outlook on things.

DoctorQuark
Jul 20, 2010, 03:12 PM
FOmar is the next best thing to FOmarl, with the same level of passionate hate for Newmans while having the option to sport the Carl Clover look

I lol'd

But then I serious'd

Noblewine
Jul 20, 2010, 07:08 PM
Humar Ftw

Dnd
Jul 20, 2010, 11:01 PM
HUnewearl: I've liked the class for 6-7 years (or w/e i got psogc :P) due to being able to do everything quite well, in PSZ this is kept the same apart from the added 'lol dodge' factor

NeonaPulsar
Jul 20, 2010, 11:18 PM
I really like PSZ's FOnewearl

knight200x
Jul 21, 2010, 03:04 AM
as a hunter i would use a HUmar ( lv85 HUmar my main atm) , because i think its a moral thing for hunters to be a human.... IMO.
atm playing RAcaseal and having fun at the 30s.. more than my hunter , iv been ranger since PSO on GC so yeah ..... its a RANGER CAST/CASEAL !

MagXLover
Jul 21, 2010, 04:41 AM
Just give me a HUmarl and i'm happy!
i've tried the other races but HUmar is for me the best

LordNiko
Jul 21, 2010, 12:48 PM
HUnewearl ftw :P