PDA

View Full Version : the new expansion download is up already

pikachief
Jul 19, 2010, 11:22 PM
yup thats right its already up for downloads! :D don't have to wait till servers come back up :)

but shh dont tell anyone I told u ;) I want mine to get done quickly :o loljk :D

Tyreek
Jul 19, 2010, 11:29 PM
LOL. Enjoy your supplemental update.

BIG OLAF
Jul 19, 2010, 11:35 PM
I'm still going to follow the instructions to a " T ". Knowing Sega, if you don't, your character data might explode or something.

Esther Reagan
Jul 19, 2010, 11:49 PM
I'm still going to follow the instructions to a " T ". Knowing Sega, if you don't, your character data might explode or something.

LMAO, mine is downloading right now, but I'm so nervous about losing all of my stuff on some Segac epic fail "accident" due to the addition of the suppdate.

pikachief
Jul 19, 2010, 11:50 PM
It looks like the new AOTI might be available for download soon, if it isn't already.

This is obviously a very good thing! It means that people can download through the night instead of everyone trying to do so all at once, in the morning.

However: I think there are currently two AOTI listed, meaning they left the "old" one up. We're trying to have the incorrect one taken down. This is just preliminary notification; when I get confirmation I'll post more.

and

Thanks everyone for helping confirm this. So glad to see it is available now and not in the morning, as I feared. This will make everything much easier and be a lot less stress on the download servers.

Sounds like its the correct thing and the discription for the DLC even says that its for the supplmental update :P

Typestatic
Jul 19, 2010, 11:51 PM
Cheers, think I'll update mine right now.
I've been somewhat inactive since MAG 2008 and it's tempting to re-purchase my license due to this update.

Esther Reagan
Jul 19, 2010, 11:52 PM
Yet I've been somewhat inactive since MAG 2008 lol.

On that note then, Welcome Back! :D

beatrixkiddo
Jul 19, 2010, 11:54 PM
I am so excited!

Shou
Jul 19, 2010, 11:58 PM
Long time no Bea.

[SPOILER-BOX]lurker...[/SPOILER-BOX]

beatrixkiddo
Jul 20, 2010, 12:00 AM
Yes, but I'm back for this incredibly exciting supplemental update!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 20, 2010, 12:02 AM
but shh dont tell anyone I told u ;) I want mine to get done quickly :o loljk :D
Who we gonna call~ BoastGusters?

pikachief
Jul 20, 2010, 12:02 AM
yea you dissapeared!

and now your back.... like a magician... :P

beatrixkiddo
Jul 20, 2010, 12:03 AM
I sniffed out the SUx

Raveno
Jul 20, 2010, 12:05 AM
the download still has a check mark by it, saying that its already been downloaded....should i just delete the expansion then download what seems to be what is the old one, but it isn't since its the new one?:D

xBladeM6x
Jul 20, 2010, 12:15 AM
I've been somewhat inactive since MAG 2008 and it's tempting to re-purchase my license due to this update.
Awesommmmmmmmme. :3

JCGamer
Jul 20, 2010, 03:33 AM
I think is good that we all here sitting and waiting for the supplemental update to be complete. I know that we are so excised that we want to see what new stuff on the AOTI. Some of the people on phantasystaruniverse.com at forum is bit confuse on how the text info is displayed on the xbox download content messages. xD omg if u really think about it back in November 20, 2007 when they release the old version of AOTI. Well we all stand on the 4th floor for the big day to come. its feel that history its repeating its once again

Ew Shinra
Jul 20, 2010, 03:44 AM
started re downloading like 3 to 4 hours ago still not done i bet <_<

Kinachi Desbo
Jul 20, 2010, 05:29 AM
Mines done ive downloaded it after deleting my other AOTI but when i try to sign in all it says is i havent got the most recent version of AOTI, any idea's on whats going on ? :S

Slayer76
Jul 20, 2010, 05:42 AM
edward said that the description is updated but the expansion isnt 100% confirmed by ms as being the new version

so we may have to download it again when servers are up and its 100% confirmed but we might haved saved some time

Kinachi Desbo
Jul 20, 2010, 05:51 AM
Any idea when we can expect the servers to be up and running again?

Chibi_psu
Jul 20, 2010, 05:54 AM
I guess its time to come back to psu then

Ew Shinra
Jul 20, 2010, 06:06 AM
Mines done ive downloaded it after deleting my other AOTI but when i try to sign in all it says is i havent got the most recent version of AOTI, any idea's on whats going on ? :S

Mine says that too =O after sitting in one spot for 4 to 5 hours i hope we didn't waste any time doing this =/

Kinachi Desbo
Jul 20, 2010, 06:06 AM
That'd be most wise :P

Kinachi Desbo
Jul 20, 2010, 06:08 AM
Mine says that too =O after sitting in one spot for 4 to 5 hours i hope we didn't waste any time doing this =/

Well mine only took about 10 mins to download so im not really gonna complain but if it took that long for you to download it then thats sucks :(

Im just hoping when the servers are up again we wont have to redownload...
for your sake :-P

Ew Shinra
Jul 20, 2010, 06:12 AM
yeah i hope so if worse comes to worse i guess i gotta wait till later on today to play =/

Kinachi Desbo
Jul 20, 2010, 06:15 AM
I got a feeling its either gonna suck anyways or not work all together and there be some kind of rollback but we'll wait n see :)

Delete
Jul 20, 2010, 06:23 AM
I quit a while back, but I wouldn't mind checking this out. It's not like it's hard to make money and level stuff up in psu anyway. :D

RisK x FaTaL
Jul 20, 2010, 06:31 AM
i deleted it and redownloaded it and its still saying that i dont have the latest version of AOTI.... WTF!!

Ew Shinra
Jul 20, 2010, 06:33 AM
might not be registering on MS side and if worse comes to worse we just have to download it again once the servers are up so don't bother downloading again it's gonna say the same thing :/

Delete
Jul 20, 2010, 06:46 AM
Maybe I should wait seeing as everyone is having problems :o

Dealer
Jul 20, 2010, 06:53 AM
The new update is 1.92 GB. The old one was 1.9 GB. The new one also can be accessed from "newest/latest arrivals" under game updates, listed 07/19. We won't know it works until the servers come up though.

Slayer76
Jul 20, 2010, 07:41 AM
dont bother trying to get on and see if the message is still there. wait till the servers are back up seeing as its more then likely a side affect of being down for maintenance.

servers could be possibly up by 7 on the west coast as stated by other threads but it may take longer

Vickie
Jul 20, 2010, 07:42 AM
it will be back up by 2pm(GMT) Eastern time

Slayer76
Jul 20, 2010, 07:44 AM
worst case scenario: we have to wait for the servers to get up to redownload the expansion and then get hit by a rollback

Vickie
Jul 20, 2010, 07:45 AM
rollback is Inevitable

Slayer76
Jul 20, 2010, 07:46 AM
i know. japan got one so that says it all

Vickie
Jul 20, 2010, 07:48 AM
rollback isn't so bad though yea ill lose alot of 10/10 shit but, hey some people may get another chance to grind that Fucil, i get sad when i see a 4/4 fucil on someones palette.

Slayer76
Jul 20, 2010, 07:51 AM
they wont rollback to friday. they rollback to before last maintenance so they will rollback to monday night unless im mistaken

Vickie
Jul 20, 2010, 07:54 AM
then i'd lose nothing because i accomplished not a damn thing on monday in this game.

Slayer76
Jul 20, 2010, 07:55 AM
i broke 2 9/10 bearclaws but that was bout it

Vickie
Jul 20, 2010, 08:03 AM
oh shit wait on monday i made a 10/10 asura hiken

Anduril
Jul 20, 2010, 08:09 AM
They make a backup just after they take the server offline, so anything you did before they went down should still be there.

Yunfa
Jul 20, 2010, 08:11 AM
So, we will be getting every single italic weapons in the database?

Anduril
Jul 20, 2010, 08:13 AM
So, we will be getting every single italic weapons in the database?
Doubtful.

Vickie
Jul 20, 2010, 08:14 AM
i'll see yall later im going back to sleep, Have fun.

Yunfa
Jul 20, 2010, 08:18 AM
Doubtful.

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur?! None of my characters are max level...highest I think is at 157, LOL I'm more looking forward to new weapons and items.

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2010, 08:40 AM
I'm more looking forward to new weapons and items.

Those aren't being released with the initial update. Well, some are, but very few.

Dealbreaker
Jul 20, 2010, 08:54 AM
I have a question for you guys..... Is it worth running the /R missions or should i just try to get max lvl? Then run at max lvl for axep? My cast is 171 and nothing using AMP look worth while to me....

Im going to be stuck running /R with my Techer hes only 155 and i really want Diga and Foie Limit Break.... Im guessing those will take a ton of missions to get the 10AP for each....

Slayer76
Jul 20, 2010, 08:59 AM
amp gets you the new un-nerfed suv so i wouldnt worry bout the cap if you want the new suv. it would be a lot easier to get ap if your capped though

xmoonprismpowerx
Jul 20, 2010, 09:08 AM

:) lmaonade.

Dealbreaker
Jul 20, 2010, 09:10 AM
amp gets you the new un-nerfed suv so i wouldnt worry bout the cap if you want the new suv. it would be a lot easier to get ap if your capped though

Is that new SUV going to be better then Paradi Cataract?

There are 2 new SUV's coming out today. What one is better? There both Gatling guns just one is easyer to get....

Dealbreaker
Jul 20, 2010, 09:18 AM
We wont get those 2 SUV's for awhile..... So back to my question are the 2 we are getting worth it?

by the way were getting these
Rafal Burst
Hegel Burst

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2010, 09:19 AM
Yeah, the whole reason they nerfed Paradi was because they wanted to make their new "Burst" series (and the Ares Espada) SUVs unparalleled in strength.

That, and Paradi was kind of cheap what with the gigantic range.

Dealbreaker
Jul 20, 2010, 09:21 AM
Yeah, the whole reason they nerfed Paradi was because they wanted to make their new "Burst" series (and the Ares Espada) SUVs unparalleled in strength.

That, and Paradi was kind of cheap what with the gigantic range.
Ok were almost there on answering my question... Now that i know there both better then Paradi which one of the 2 is better? Anyone got any video on both?

pikachief
Jul 20, 2010, 09:22 AM
the range nerf was needed, the attack nerf, uhh sure ok maybe a bit much when compared to these new ones lol

but the thing that bugs me is the STA nerf >.< im sure if they kept paradi's at 5 all the others would've been at 5 too :/ idk what the problem with 5 STA was >.>

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2010, 09:23 AM
Ok were almost there on answering my question... Now that i know there both better then Paradi which one of the 2 is better? Anyone got any video on both?

Honestly, the "gatling gun" SUVs aren't as good as the "photon laser" ones, but you won't have much of a choice at first. But, if you have to pick, I would go with whichever one doesn't turn. Concentrated fire is always better.

Dealbreaker
Jul 20, 2010, 09:32 AM
Honestly, the "gatling gun" SUVs aren't as good as the "photon laser" ones, but you won't have much of a choice at first. But, if you have to pick, I would go with whichever one doesn't turn. Concentrated fire is always better.

There we go.. Thank you

So that means the only one worthy of using is Rafal Burst

Xx Cho Hakkai xX
Jul 20, 2010, 09:43 AM
i dont know about all u guys but im excited for the boost protranser are getting since they are one of the best classes ( cough cough ) ahem i mean a boost and stats and u can make traps stronger!!! come on guys i mean come on. lol Epic Freeze and rape

Vickie
Jul 20, 2010, 09:49 AM
Fvck the SUV's Is that outfit the cast has on in the first vid Coming out today?!

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2010, 09:52 AM
Fvck the SUV's Is that outfit the cast has on in the first vid Coming out today?!

I'm 99% certain that we aren't getting any of the clothes in the initial update.

Vickie
Jul 20, 2010, 09:54 AM
I'm 99% certain that we aren't getting any of the clothes in the initial update.

nice!

Anduril
Jul 20, 2010, 09:54 AM
Which sucks. The clothes were GUARDIANS Cash items, right? I'm still worried about how we're going to get all that stuff.

Vickie
Jul 20, 2010, 09:57 AM
Maaaaaaan Fvck this bullshit, i'm gonna go have sex or something.

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2010, 09:58 AM
Which sucks. The clothes were GUARDIANS Cash items, right? I'm still worried about how we're going to get all that stuff.

I've been worried about that since the announcement of "no GC for 360". I've got this sinking feeling that we aren't going to be seeing any of the GC weapons, clothes, items, etc. Ever.

I sure do hope I'm mistaken.

xBladeM6x
Jul 20, 2010, 10:00 AM
I've been worried about that since the announcement of "no GC for 360". I've got this sinking feeling that we aren't going to be seeing any of the GC weapons, clothes, items, etc. Ever.

I sure do hope I'm mistaken.
You're probably not. Japan = Greedy as shit.

Blue_Beast
Jul 20, 2010, 10:02 AM
Maaaaaaan Fvck this bullshit, i'm gonna go have sex or something.

Amen.

Phantom Shot
Jul 20, 2010, 10:02 AM
At this moment I just hope people don't spam even more WB, I'm actually looking forward to doing the new missions.

Anduril
Jul 20, 2010, 10:05 AM
At this moment I just hope people don't spam even more WB, I'm actually looking forward to doing the new missions.
I guess it is going to depend on what people feel like doing. On the one hand we have those who aren't capped; they can do one of two things: play the new /R missions to start getting AP or they could try to cap. Then we have those who are capped: they can either play the /R missions for AMP or run other missions for AP. I'm personally going to be running the /R missions to save up some AMP.

Esther Reagan
Jul 20, 2010, 10:06 AM
So basically this whole amazing new GAC that has been tearing every die-hard PSU player in half for the past year has finally come out and there is nothing new minus a few missions, 2 SUV's, probably some cruddy 3* sabers and daggers that nobody will care about, and Aexp which people that have no lvl180 chars can't even use?

It doesn't help that Sega can't even get the update right the first time around, even though i'm completely not surprised.

[Edit] Maybe a meatstick wand for all the meat lovers out there. ;]

pikachief
Jul 20, 2010, 10:07 AM

people who are cap are gonna go to white beast for AEXP.

People who aren't capped are gonna go to white beast to get capped.

sadly. :/

Phantom Shot
Jul 20, 2010, 10:08 AM
I guess it is going to depend on what people feel like doing. On the one hand we have those who aren't capped; they can do one of two things: play the new /R missions to start getting AP or they could try to cap. Then we have those who are capped: they can either play the /R missions for AMP or run other missions for AP. I'm personally going to be running the /R missions to save up some AMP.
I'm not capped so I really don't know what to do, but I figure it out as soon as the download is done.

Anduril
Jul 20, 2010, 10:08 AM
So basically this whole amazing new GAC that has been tearing every die-hard PSU player in half for the past year has finally come out and there is nothing new minus a few missions, 2 SUV's, probably some cruddy 3* sabers and daggers that nobody will care about, and Aexp which people that have no lvl180 chars can't even use?

It doesn't help that Sega can't even get the update right the first time around, even though i'm completely not surprised.
Non-capped characters can still collect AEXP, but only in the /R missions.

Phantom Shot
Jul 20, 2010, 10:10 AM
Just remembered that as soon as I get online I should equip my Acension Gift. I wanna see how much it improved.

Esther Reagan
Jul 20, 2010, 10:12 AM
Non-capped characters can collect AEXP, but only in the /R missions.

Well yea, I know they can save it up, but they can't use it until they cap and if they sit there spamming the R missions to save up their Aexp, they'll never cap anyways lol. So basically if you're not capped, it shouldn't appeal to you until you hit 180.
I started the X-Box version late because I was angry that they shut down the PC servers. My highest level is 163 right now. So you can see why i'm a bit upset. >.<

I know what I'll be doing when I get back from my dentist appointment today. >.>

Phantom Shot
Jul 20, 2010, 10:14 AM
Well yea, I know they can save it up, but they can't use it until they cap and if they sit there spamming the R missions to save up their Aexp, they'll never cap anyways lol. So basically if you're not capped, it shouldn't appeal to you until you hit 180.
I started the X-Box version late because I was angry that they shut down the PC servers. My highest level is 163 right now. So you can see why i'm a bit upset. >.<

I had the game for 2 years and my highest Char is a lv115. I think I'm kinda mad too not sure though.

Anduril
Jul 20, 2010, 10:16 AM
After looking over the adjustments that are going to be made to TECHNICs, I may actually stop my rage against the class and actually go Masterforce. Well, I guess it all depends on how crappy my stats are when I get knocked down to LV20 for the /R missions.

I know what I'll be doing when I get back from my dentist appointment today. >.>
I wasn't aware that non-capped couldn't actually used their AP.

Esther Reagan
Jul 20, 2010, 10:19 AM
I had the game for 2 years and my highest Char is a lv115. I think I'm kinda mad too not sure though.

Lol well then I guess I shouldn't complain. Even so, when Sega claims that this is an update that will change the way Phantasy Star is played, they should specify that it does not include those who are not yet capped. :P

xmoonprismpowerx
Jul 20, 2010, 10:28 AM
I'm gonna sit there and wait for the rollback.

Esther Reagan
Jul 20, 2010, 10:29 AM
I wasn't aware that non-capped couldn't actually used their AP.

Actually neither was I. I just assumed that it was for those who are capped. If i'm wrong then somebody please correct me now before I look as foolish as Sega making announcements for future announcements. >.>

Anduril
Jul 20, 2010, 10:32 AM
Actually neither was I. I just assumed that it was for those who are capped. If i'm wrong then somebody please correct me now before I look as foolish as Sega making announcements for future announcements. >.>
I checked the PSUPedia entry for GAS, and it doesn't seem to say anything about only being used on capped characters, but I hope someone from the JPN server can confirm one way or the other.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 20, 2010, 10:38 AM
you do not need to be capped to use AP. There are videos of characters demonstrating GAS that are not capped.

Esther Reagan
Jul 20, 2010, 10:41 AM
Okay so to correct myself from earlier, aparently there will be new clothing, weapons, and other exciting stuff in this update.
http://phantasystaruniverse.com/news_item.php?item=nid131

Also,the official PSU site doesn't really say whether or not only capped character can use the AP. It just babbles on about capped char's earning it from regular mission and the GAM's and non-capped char's earning it from GAM's only. Nothing actually says only capped users can use the AP so I will slowly fade and eat my words now. >.>

Vickie
Jul 20, 2010, 01:10 PM
people who are cap are gonna go to white beast for AEXP.

People who aren't capped are gonna go to white beast to get capped.

sadly. :/

and if they Don't hurry and bring the server up, Some people may CAP themselves.... right in the head

PoopSama
Jul 20, 2010, 01:15 PM
and if they Don't hurry and bring the server up, Some people may CAP themselves.... right in the head

lmao!

Delete
Jul 20, 2010, 02:08 PM

Pure genius :D