PDA

View Full Version : About party benefits

archlvt
Jul 21, 2010, 09:06 PM
One thing I figured out for myself is that, when someone opens a chest, the loot is not shared, everyone gets their own set of items popping out of the chest.

But what seems weird to me is that, sometimes I'll do free play, and even when people 40 levels above me join, they have no problem playing with me even though they mop the floor with everything.

What benefit is there for a random high level player to join a low level player and stick to it? They don't rush to the end either, they kill everything. Are they just being nice? That seems VERY unlikely to me considering the anonymity of this game.

It's just, in most rpgs, you need to be around the same level to play together, but here, you can be dozens of levels apart and still have a good time together, which I find odd.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 21, 2010, 09:11 PM
They want to do an online run for the increased droprates without having to solo it, even if it means pulling someone else's weight and/or insane waiting times for making parties to get there in the first place... I tell ya, some people is dumb. ;P

CptDeelishus
Jul 21, 2010, 09:18 PM
It seems the most effective method would be dragging someone else along. I prefer other methods of item collection in games. More people = higher drop rates, but they can all go for that same item on the ground. So whoever is quickest. I only prefer that in games with people I know, so we share the equipment.

But yeah, it seems this is a better way to get things. You can't take the stuff that is given to them, so why not?

(did any of that make sense? I'm not going to proof-read it.)