PDA

View Full Version : Ride the wave... baby.

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 05:21 AM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/animerapeistXD/Eureka%20Seven/01_Eureka_Seven_Nirvash.jpg

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 23, 2010, 05:32 AM
Even emotional robots can kickass.

Good thing all his emotions are bottled up and never - ever - spoken out loud.

Only through Cyan eyecottoncandy hair chix, who knows what the Nirvash is feeling - which is fine. that young man follows her even though she walked thru the valley of the shadows she killed people to death!

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 05:35 AM
Well, she does have a tendency to say mokyuu.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 23, 2010, 05:39 AM
Whiny kids she got though. Triumvirate. That didn't get onto the planetarians?!@ end game, only them love dodo burrds, and the kids, not even ring pops?! Mariah Butterfly Boogie is packaged in her new fragrance, but chick is clearly past 45 now, 2nd childhood? Friggin Ring Pops, madre loco ~ G.Lopez trailing off Spanish exclamations...

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 05:40 AM
I don't even...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 23, 2010, 05:43 AM
Yeah, don't trip.

I only watched maybe total 10 episodes. (kinda bought for more Robot shirts @ the time, Nirvash face/helmet on grey front of one = one of the best.)

Last one kinda made no sense, ending. But for what its worth, FKL poster Triela when not screaming @ FKL, "said it was okay, I guess I understand what they were going for in the ending of them moving down to repopulate a planet - love birds unity race relations (mmm :soup: ) - but WTF why did it take 50 episodes to get there. GRRR."

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 05:52 AM
I'm probably one of the few hardcore E7 fans out there, the show would have been much better if Renton didn't act like he did all the time. Also, I want that shirt. I also want to get an entire LFO figurine set, but I don't have the money. I'd love to have the 303, 606, 808, 909, Nirvash, TheEND and the custom 808. Probably could get the whole set for like $300ish but being unemployed leaves me with very little money to play around with. Being poor sucks.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 23, 2010, 05:58 AM
:witch:es don't know about it!

They know Vashy Stampede though @ school. even when in baby blue shirtness. Eh.

Being poor sucks.
Submarine game made by R-Type guys, IREM, $3 lets see how that goes...

$2 game, "e JAY disco music party maker world!!" o;o ;ohrly

Clearly worth 100 times as much as it cost. No, thank you Lamestop!

-

Where would one buy awesome Nirvash and LFO bandit mobile surfer technician models?
Are they fully assembled and thus the price reflects it?
Mass produced and whatcha call it, smaller ones that are high detailed with a good manufacturer even with them being shoved out back then at high volume?

I almost took the wrong turn and buying the PS2 games when seen @ Wal-Mart.com in the $14 range.

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 06:01 AM
I want to play the PS2 games actually, never had the chance. But you can find the figurines on Amazon and Ebay fairly easy. The Nirvash Spec2 is like $45, TheEND is like $38 and the 303 Devilfish is about $55 I think. The others are about 20 each. Ok, so maybe a set would run me about $250ish. Well probably $300 with ninja shipping fees. But here's the Nirvash Spec2. (http://www.amazon.com/Nirvash-Spec2-Psalms-Planets-Eureka7/dp/B001RB8JKE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1279882935&sr=8-1)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 23, 2010, 06:06 AM
Games were about a new guy as to not mess with the canon? Like you see the main characters as from afar and they're secondary NPC's or helpers at most. Possibly play as Gidget though? One can only hope. :blush:

Blood donations still give money in your area? Mmm plasma helping others.

Careful if they're not trained nurses though with the needle pokes, yikes! Or if the places think its a volunteer donation and only give you a stale cookie. Blah. Cash, madam, if you - please.

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 06:08 AM
I won't mess with needles. Hate 'em. Also I guess that Nirvash figure comes with a Nirvash Larva figurine as a bonus.
http://thumbnails12.imagebam.com/3256/1d4a2232558934.gif
I don't know where to the get the TheEND larva though. And I was never a fan of Gidget. Holland I liked a lot though because of his voice actor, Crispin Freeman.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 23, 2010, 06:12 AM
Holland was pretty cool. "Stop whining Renton, be a man - like me - god damn. Kids."

First page of Manga coming with one of them DVD sets (I wish I got a second soundtrack CD though, instead of Manganimu books): "So this is the Gekko State and Me I'm Gidget!" Pouty lip thing.

All these hipster young people of age on the ship but just the kid kids hooking up?

Boy the Avatar Airbender super fanny crowd would have yelled at the creators if they were watching this one. But they probably didn't watch, since too many old dudes, beanies, hipster college age people milling around the ships?

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 06:16 AM
I never really understood how all of them came together in the series, but in the movie they're actually the antagonists, especially Holland.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 23, 2010, 06:22 AM
Had to space pirate a bunch to afford his own "State" ship I suppose, or steal the ship out from under those who can afford to lose just one ship.

(There was a movie?! So I've seen one of them no goods Inuyasha movie because it was on them A_swim with nonsense freeze frame flying upside down(WTF yo) kiss stuff, but not Eureka Se7en movie? Better request @ Animu convention viewing rooms.)

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 06:24 AM
Yeah, the movie was a one night only showing at select theaters on I think September 24, 2009. I really wanted to see it in theaters but it wasn't showing in my area. I'm also having a pretty hard time finding a dubbed version of it, I have it subbed but I'm just not used to subs for E7, so my search continues. Thankfully Renton isn't as whiny and indecisive in the movie, so he's a lot more bearable. Also it's in an alternate dimension so if you do go watch it, don't expect any relation to the series except in one small part.

Weeaboolits
Jul 23, 2010, 06:30 AM
All these hipster young people of age on the ship but just the kid kids hooking up?There was also Holland and Talho.

Also I remember all the episodes carried a violence warning after a certain episode, I think the soccer episode came after that point, but I don't remember.

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 06:34 AM
It was probably the mutilated arm episode when Renton went on a rampage and mercilessly destroyed that one KLF.

Also, Gidget and Moondoggie were a couple.

Weeaboolits
Jul 23, 2010, 06:39 AM
It was probably the mutilated arm episode when Renton went on a rampage and mercilessly destroyed that one KLF.

Also, Gidget and Moondoggie were a couple.I think it was the one with Ray and Charles, actually.

Also, I thought those two were, but I couldn't remember for sure.

Outrider
Jul 23, 2010, 10:20 AM
Am I the only one who has noticed there's a robot on a surfboard at the top of this thread?

We are having a serious discussion about a robot on a surfboard.

Just want to make sure that everybody's aware of this.

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 10:27 AM
I am aware. And enjoying the discussion.

Outrider
Jul 23, 2010, 11:24 AM
Okay, cool. Just checking. Carry on.

Ranmaru
Jul 23, 2010, 11:46 AM
Finjer R D:

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 11:47 AM
Nivash is so much cooler than a Finjer. But as soon as I saw them in PSZ all I could think was Eureka Seven.

Ranmaru
Jul 23, 2010, 11:50 AM
It was the other way around for me. D: I watched Eureka Seven first though, but didn't watch much.

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 11:52 AM
Its hard to get into. The terribly slow start the show has discourages a lot of people. Plus Renton is just annoying. At least he mans up a bit in the movie.

Ranmaru
Jul 23, 2010, 11:55 AM
I think he would have to, that girl seems like the kind where if you go "Well if she doesn't like than meh I won't try anymore :'[" *FORGOTTEN*. Meaning that she probably wouldn't try hard to get him, he'd have to do that. (She's the kinda girl he'd have to be persistent with to be with)

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 11:56 AM
Yeah, he never gives up. Even though the romance subplot was kinda cliche I did like it overall. Although her stubbornness is more caused by ignorance than preference.

Ranmaru
Jul 23, 2010, 12:22 PM
Ah I see, that is good that he doesn't give up. I just hope it doesn't have a 'happy ending' like Chobits did... I do like happy endings but that was like... wait how was that possible? I... was about to... cr--... gah. :/

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 12:28 PM
The ending is actually a pretty big cliffhanger. I hate when shows don't give closure.

Ranmaru
Jul 23, 2010, 12:30 PM
Hmmm, that sucks. : [ It's like the end of Elfin Lied.

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 12:32 PM
Never heard of it.

Also the ending is an implied happily ever after, but I want to know for sure and they won't tell me. :disapprove:

Ranmaru
Jul 23, 2010, 12:33 PM
That's so mean. Tell him now! *yelling at writers* : [ Elfin Lied... was messed up. : [

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 12:37 PM
Come to think of it, most shows I watch have stupid cliffhangers.

Ranmaru
Jul 23, 2010, 12:47 PM
That sux. : [ Oh well I'll just watch some action show instead of love/drama. That way I won't be cliff hanged... God I would hate to be the person to coin the word. : [

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 12:48 PM
Well Code Geass had plenty of action, and tada, cliffhanger. I should go watch Trigun again.

Ranmaru
Jul 23, 2010, 12:54 PM
Yes, or Cowboy bebop.

HeartBreak301
Jul 23, 2010, 12:55 PM
I've seen most of Cowboy Bebop, not all of it though. I need to watch all of Samurai Champloo as well.

Ranmaru
Jul 23, 2010, 01:06 PM
Same here with both shows and MOST of Trigun.

Outrider
Jul 23, 2010, 02:59 PM
Cowboy Bebop is pretty much the only show worth watching ever.

Weeaboolits
Jul 23, 2010, 05:50 PM
Finjer R D:If you play as a Cast, you can be a Gundam fighting LFOs. While it was an improvement over PSU's shitty robots, some of the designs felt rather derivative.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 23, 2010, 09:06 PM
I've seen most of Cowboy Bebop, not all of it though. I need to watch all of Samurai Champloo as well.
Same show.

Ranmaru
Jul 23, 2010, 10:05 PM
Then that is good, right? RIGHT?

Outrider
Jul 24, 2010, 12:23 AM
Same show.

Samurai Champloo is like Bebop's younger brother who really idolizes its older sibling. It tries to do the same stuff and sometimes succeeds, but generally it just has no idea what it's doing.

AlexCraig
Jul 24, 2010, 03:52 AM
Ride the wave... baby.
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/futurama_030703_gcn_04_640w.jpg
Ride the walrus, yo.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 24, 2010, 07:24 AM
Samurai Champloo is like Bebop's younger brother who really idolizes its older sibling. It tries to do the same stuff and sometimes succeeds, but generally it just has no idea what it's doing.
Its a teenie show in that "hip-hop is cool, but they're broke and hungry all the time just like you!"

Only a few times do older folks with battle scars and real mature (back)stories show up. Mainly as badguys. Forced into assassin hood. (Lot more linear than Space Banditos of any kind plus syndicate, plus drug runners, plus etc home planet people who shaped Spike/Jet/Faye) When Cowboy Bebop had one of those in every show plus the ongoing exploits of the character driven crew.

Both fantastic in the music dept. though.

Cowboy Bebop is pretty much the only > Anime < show worth watching ever.
Just watch that and you're done. Seriously. (Or Vash the double billion dollar donut man pede. Akira, Ninja Scroll maybe. Outlaw Star is recommended in the same vein of spaceship bandit people if not as well rounded and all aspects perfected.)

Don't head into the popcorn variety of anime, same as the popcorn pasttimes of Hollywood "every cop and non cop is soo good with guns - no questions asked"

Outrider
Jul 25, 2010, 09:15 PM
Just watch that and you're done. Seriously. (Or Vash the double billion dollar donut man pede. Akira, Ninja Scroll maybe. Outlaw Star is recommended in the same vein of spaceship bandit people if not as well rounded and all aspects perfected.)

Don't head into the popcorn variety of anime, same as the popcorn pasttimes of Hollywood "every cop and non cop is soo good with guns - no questions asked"

Haya, do you mind? I'm trying to exaggerate here. Jeez, dude.

Tetsaru
Jul 25, 2010, 10:37 PM
Cowboy Bebop is still, to this day, my favorite anime series. Excel Saga's good too, if you want some zany lulz. :D

Trigun, Outlaw Star, Samurai Champloo, and Ninja Scroll are all good too, from what I've seen of them. I'm waaaaay behind on my anime, though. I'd like to watch the remake of the Evangelion series and the rest of Gurren Lagaan sometime.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 26, 2010, 12:33 AM
I'm waaaaay behind on my anime, though. I'd like to watch the remake of the Evangelion series and the rest of Gurren Lagaan sometime.
I'm sorry sir you've had enough.

Oh you want more animus?!

Get out!

Especially from those emotional rollercoaster choices you just mentioned after what you want to go watch. Gross man. :etongue:
-

Sorry Outrider, its the plague of the anime, you gotta mention 4 other shows when you mention one show. I'm not immune to it either I guess.

Weeaboolits
Jul 26, 2010, 12:56 AM
Watch Mushi-Shi, that's what I'm watching now, and it's amazing.