PDA

View Full Version : The AP stuff.

dias_flac_0g
Jul 24, 2010, 05:37 AM
When you choose class and make a wep have lvl 41+ PA's does it actually only go to 41? Or can you get them all to 50? What I mean by all is all the PA's for the weapon you used the ap on.

Also, if you choose to costumize "class type" can you also do style as well? Or do you have to pick one only?

pikachief
Jul 24, 2010, 12:01 PM
idk about the second one but with the PA boost, if u pay the AP to boost a weapon's PA level it boosts it by 2 levels so it would bring it to 42. and yes u can keep doing it till its lvl 50 :) (would be 5 times)

And yes it boosts all the PAs of that weapon :D

dias_flac_0g
Jul 25, 2010, 03:38 PM
Ahh cool thanks. 5 ap huh? Well atleast we can get em to 50 xD

another question, how many weapons can I do? I heard that you can only choose 2 weps? Is that true?

TheAstarion
Jul 25, 2010, 04:46 PM
You can choose as many different weapons as you want, as long as you don't go beyond your maximum:

20 upgrades (40 PA levels) for humans - 4 weapons from lv40 - lv50 if you wish
15 upgrades (30 PA levels) for Newmans
10 upgrades (20 PA levels) for Beasts and CASTs - 2 weapons from lv40-50.

As a CAST Protranser for instance, I'd be getting Shotgun, Laser, Bow and Grenade up by 2 levels each to lv42 (4 upgrades) and fists up 10 levels to lv40 (5 upgrades, 9 total) leaving me with one left.

Later on we can use one upgrade to have element bonus + instead of PA level... I might get element+ for my guns instead of all those fist levels; this is generally a good idea as the biggest damage bonus for levelling a bullet from 40 to 41 is the element bonus.

Edit: when I say lv40 to 50, that's a general blanket term for people who increase their best moves to be even better; Wartecher, Protranser etc with skills at 30 can obviously only get them to 40, and people like Guntechers can only get their melee skills from 10 to 20, though getting them from 10 to 12 unlocks the second combo for all their moves except Tornoobo dance... diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

dias_flac_0g
Jul 25, 2010, 05:20 PM
Ah ok so that person was right...I can only do 2 weps cuz i'm a beast...

My limit is 10 upgrades but obviously I wanna get them to 50 so ya 2 weps max for me. Spear is def one of my fav weps so i'ma pick that and i'll have to choose another one =P

TheAstarion
Jul 25, 2010, 05:47 PM
What class are you, if you don't mind my asking? Beasts can get... interesting... with twin claws, fists and twin sabers in terms of high damage, you might want to look into those.

And if you're a spear fanatic... why not go Fighmaster? :P Faster spear attacks, more accuracy, no need to spend AP to get the moves to 50!

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 25, 2010, 08:03 PM
Keep in mind that just because you can take a PA to 50 does not mean that it benefits greatly from being above 42. With limited AP points and the time needed to grind them it might be best to take the PA only as high as you need and then plan to invest the remaining AP points into Element+ (whenever those are released). If you run out of things to invest your AExp into then you can unlock other abilities or increase the PA levels further.

IIRC, Style customizations can be switched at any time once unlocked by visiting the proper counter. These would be the ideal things to invest your AP into, at least until the full GAS options become available. Also, do not forget to take into account the weapon requirements for a 20/20 character and invest your basic abilities as needed instead of just pumping ATP and HP.

dias_flac_0g
Jul 25, 2010, 10:38 PM
What class are you, if you don't mind my asking? Beasts can get... interesting... with twin claws, fists and twin sabers in terms of high damage, you might want to look into those.

And if you're a spear fanatic... why not go Fighmaster? :P Faster spear attacks, more accuracy, no need to spend AP to get the moves to 50!

Yea I play fortefighter. I dont go fight master because well the only weapon i'll be using is probably spears. I'm not here for max time attacks or anything like that. I like to play my way and fortefighter lets me use all of my fav weps. Claws, gloves, Twin sabers and spears. I hate axes, and I hate swords as well so why would I go fightmaster? Yea exactly =P

Anyways, I know you were just trying to help so thanks :)

Keep in mind that just because you can take a PA to 50 does not mean that it benefits greatly from being above 42. With limited AP points and the time needed to grind them it might be best to take the PA only as high as you need and then plan to invest the remaining AP points into Element+ (whenever those are released). If you run out of things to invest your AExp into then you can unlock other abilities or increase the PA levels further.

IIRC, Style customizations can be switched at any time once unlocked by visiting the proper counter. These would be the ideal things to invest your AP into, at least until the full GAS options become available. Also, do not forget to take into account the weapon requirements for a 20/20 character and invest your basic abilities as needed instead of just pumping ATP and HP.

So you're telling me that the number of upgrades is for ALL costumizations? Meaning that if I use em all up on getting pa's to 50 that I cannot use anymore upgrades on other things such as the things listed in style?

As for gettin AP is not really hard I currently have 6 and I dont play all day either so getting ap is not a problem. However I am svaing them now until I further understand the system which is what i'm trying to do with this topic.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 25, 2010, 11:24 PM
So you're telling me that the number of upgrades is for ALL costumizations? Meaning that if I use em all up on getting pa's to 50 that I cannot use anymore upgrades on other things such as the things listed in style?

As for gettin AP is not really hard I currently have 6 and I dont play all day either so getting ap is not a problem. However I am svaing them now until I further understand the system which is what i'm trying to do with this topic.

Alright, each category has an AP limit (based upon your race). Once you reach this limit you cannot invest AP further. In the case of a PA level increase if you take the PAs up to 50 and level them but then decide to remove those AP you will lose them (meaning you do not get the AP back when you remove them). If however you switch a style cutomization you still retain that unlock and can switch it back at any time.

What this means is that we know what is coming out at a later date so you can plan ahead and avoid wasting any AP. If you end up with extra you can save up to 10 AP but then you will stop gaining AExp at 499,999 experience (500k would be another AP). At this point you either use them or lose them so the idea is to unlock as much as you will need without wasting AP in categories that you will eventually undo (wasting those AP).

The problem is that we honestly do not know when the next update wil happen so even with all the planning in the world you are still limited by what is currently available. Review the GAS options (http://www.psupedia.info/GAS) and plan as best you can but keep in mind that anything listed with a blue background is not yet available on the 360 servers.

dias_flac_0g
Jul 25, 2010, 11:56 PM
Alright, each category has an AP limit (based upon your race). Once you reach this limit you cannot invest AP further. In the case of a PA level increase if you take the PAs up to 50 and level them but then decide to remove those AP you will lose them (meaning you do not get the AP back when you remove them). If however you switch a style cutomization you still retain that unlock and can switch it back at any time.

What this means is that we know what is coming out at a later date so you can plan ahead and avoid wasting any AP. If you end up with extra you can save up to 10 AP but then you will stop gaining AExp at 499,999 experience (500k would be another AP). At this point you either use them or lose them so the idea is to unlock as much as you will need without wasting AP in categories that you will eventually undo (wasting those AP).

The problem is that we honestly do not know when the next update wil happen so even with all the planning in the world you are still limited by what is currently available. Review the GAS options (http://www.psupedia.info/GAS) and plan as best you can but keep in mind that anything listed with a blue background is not yet available on the 360 servers.

Wow, thank you for that :) You explained it well and that link was very good too. Now I get what you are saying. I dont even want to spend my ap on pa's lvl's anymore xDDD there's other things that would be way better for me than that. One question was is "Exact Attack Damage+" is that actually Just Attack?

Marik
Jul 26, 2010, 01:08 AM
This is what I plan on doing as a Guntecher.

Base Abilities 14

Base HP+ Lv 5
Base ATP+ Lv 5
Base ATA+ Lv 4

Special Abilities 8

Critical Rate Lv 1
Critical Mastery Lv 1
Support Range Lv 2
Full Custom Power Lv 2
Exact Counter Damage Lv 2

Weapon Skills 20

Crossbow Lv 1
Twin Handgun Lv 1
Machinegun Lv 1
Longbow Lv 1

Crossbow Element+ Lv 1
Twin Handgun Element+ Lv 1
Machinegun Element+ Lv 1
Longbow Element+ Lv 1
Wand Element+ Lv 1
TCSM Element+ Lv 1

Right Hand+ Lv 2
Left Hand+ Lv 2

Weapon Style

Elemental Weapon / Elemental Arms

Shield Style

Ragan's Breath / Ragan's Force

Extra Style

Trusty Partner

SolomonGrundy
Jul 26, 2010, 01:27 AM
Acrotecher plan: (in order)

Whip 10 levels
Saber - ? (at least +1)
Twin Pistols - +1
(these are the weapons I use most often)

(later...)
Right hand+
Left hand +
TCSM+

Weapon Style:
Elemental Weapon

Shield Style:
Elemental Field
Ragan's Breath - I think I will start with this one...

Extra Style:
Delay indefinitely...

dias_flac_0g
Jul 26, 2010, 05:26 AM
I already have my style planned out in my mind xD

Wep style; Enhanced Weapon for my A rank 50% high grinded slicers. and when we get the update Revenge Blaster. My plan for this is to get hit a lot then use the Blue Nano and be strong as hell.

Shield Style; Regans Breath/Ragan's Force, more HP doesn't hurt! I currently have 5626 HP paired up with my decent 38% serafi's I can take hits all day long! ^_^

Extra Style; a no brainer here. Ima go with the Wild Blast, it gives me 30 extra seconds of Nano.

As for the Type style, Ima give 5 lvl's to the ATP booster xD to have even MORE ATP. My class has the highest atp so more for even bigger numbers xD

as for the remaining 5 options, i'ma go with Critical Mastery (assuming this applies for Just Attack), then i'ma go with Exact Attack Damage+ assuming this means Just Attack+ gonna max it out at 2 for 5% damage boost. and i'll probably use the last two options on the base HP thing to have even more hp...

Assuming all this works the way i'm assuming it does then i'ma have a beastly ass character ^_^

Thank good I didn't waste AP on bumping up my PA's that seems like a waste now.

milranduil
Jul 26, 2010, 05:49 AM
Ikk Hikk 50 is ubar! It gains 40% more att.

dias_flac_0g
Jul 26, 2010, 06:03 AM
actually whoops I messed up on my types. I can actually still get two of my fav weps to 50!! It's 10 for basic, 7 for special, 10 for weapons, and 17 for attributes!

Now I fully understand the system now. Wow, so my char is gonna be super beastly.

So ya Basically you choose one of each to equip like it shows on your status screen. haha I was so lost at first but now it all makes sense :D

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 26, 2010, 08:25 AM
One question was is "Exact Attack Damage+" is that actually Just Attack?

Yes, Just Attack and Exact Attack are the same thing.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 26, 2010, 08:41 AM
Acrotecher plan: (in order)

Whip 10 levels
Saber - ? (at least +1)
Twin Pistols - +1
(these are the weapons I use most often)

(later...)
Right hand+
Left hand +
TCSM+

Weapon Style:
Elemental Weapon

Shield Style:
Elemental Field
Ragan's Breath - I think I will start with this one...

Extra Style:
Delay indefinitely...

No Twin Daggers? For shame.