PDA

View Full Version : I thought Nano's were gonna get updated?

dias_flac_0g
Jul 26, 2010, 06:23 AM
I made a topic about before the sup update came out asking if nano blasts were getting updated. Everyone who posted there said they would...

Now that the update is out I see no such buffs for nanoblast. My blue nano still runs out just as fast as before, red nano still last the sam,e and takes damage like a sissy...

So those of you who said they would, wuts going on here? =P

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 26, 2010, 08:22 AM
Like all things SEGA the nanoblast rebalance came after the Supp. Update for Japan so we will have to be drip-fed this content over the next year. The same applies to the monster stat and grenade bullet readjustment. Did you really expect SEGA to deliver more than Japan got just because we are so very far behind? Don't be naive, they have monthly fees to collect while we wait for basic balance fixes.

dias_flac_0g
Jul 26, 2010, 08:57 AM
Like all things SEGA the nanoblast rebalance came after the Supp. Update for Japan so we will have to be drip-fed this content over the next year. The same applies to the monster stat and grenade bullet readjustment. Did you really expect SEGA to deliver more than Japan got just because we are so very far behind? Don't be naive, they have monthly fees to collect while we wait for basic balance fixes.

No one is being "naive" here. I made a topic about this before. People said we would so i'm just asking what happened now. I notice a lil bitterness in your "they have fees to collect" dont take out on me now o.o

xBULLYDOGG
Jul 26, 2010, 09:43 AM
He's always cranky like that, his bacon always burns in the morning.
But he has a point, we got the bare basics of the supp up, we will get more.

AKA RED FOXX 23
Jul 26, 2010, 09:54 AM
yes, go to psupedia and search under "GAS". There will be an ability released later that requires AP that will enhance all nanoblasts by 30 seconds.

xBladeM6x
Jul 26, 2010, 09:55 AM
They did get updated. I'm absolutely destroying everything in sight with it now, and take basically no damage from anything with power beast. :-?

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 26, 2010, 10:25 AM
They did get updated. I'm absolutely destroying everything in sight with it now, and take basically no damage from anything with power beast. :-?

Interesting. I wonder if that means more than Vande Val and Adaka Val are useful now? For a while only Vande Val was worth using. Anyone care to give Boggo Val or Zeed Val a try?

AKA RED FOXX 23
Jul 26, 2010, 10:38 AM
I have a maxed out beast as well, but have not noticed much improvement.

TheAstarion
Jul 26, 2010, 10:54 AM
Invincibeast is still crap, and still the best of a (very) bad bunch. Nanoblast has been outdated since Photon Arts went to level 30... hell, even high % weapons could do the same damage and not block out the ability to use trimates.

Wild Blast will just give us 30 seconds extra suck. The only GAS combo worth noting is Exact Counter + with the pineapple flavour evasion beast, supposedly it counter-punches for 7-8K, though you basically need to be an Acrofighter to block reliably.

Even the PSP2 nanoblasts aren't that great... the Agility (silver-blue-white) one is really fun to use, has very fast attacks and even increased run speed... but it still dies in like two hits. Its major saving grace is that Beasts don't need to take up an armour slot to use their racial ability.

IMO, Nanoblasts need a severe re-working. Something like the ability to convert a bar of the blast gauge into a full HP recovery, vastly improved stats (especially DFP and MST), and a blast bar recovery bonus while in Nanoblast, so you can keep topping it up slightly while you lay down the hurt.

All that together STILL isn't as broken as Paradi was, or Ares will be; it'll still be low damage over a long period of time, rather than instant rape, fire, forget, thank you, come again.

unicorn
Jul 26, 2010, 11:33 AM
Red gets a running speed boost.

Yellow gets a running speed boost and attack speed boost.

I believe Invincibility and Defense get more ATP.

And if I'm not mistaken, their time is increased. Along with the option of increasing it with GAS. (don't hold me liable though)

You can always just translate the JP wiki, the details are there.

dias_flac_0g
Jul 26, 2010, 11:51 AM
Red gets a running speed boost.

Yellow gets a running speed boost and attack speed boost.

I believe Invincibility and Defense get more ATP.

And if I'm not mistaken, their time is increased. Along with the option of increasing it with GAS. (don't hold me liable though)

You can always just translate the JP wiki, the details are there.

I would appreciated if you specify if this will come in a LATER update or if it's already in effect.

I think i've answered my own question tho...I always use the blue one and it does the same kinda damage and last just as short as before.

For the person who said that nano's have been useless since lvl 30 pa's. Not true at all. When you are running one of those missions that require you to not die the Blue nano comes in rather handy basically you can use it in those key areas with the strong monsters and take them out (or weaken them badly) all for free without having to worry about healing. It came in VERY handly during that one special magashi mission that had great drops but if you died once it was over wasting your megi spheres.

RemiusTA
Jul 26, 2010, 01:12 PM
I would appreciated if you specify if this will come in a LATER update or if it's already in effect.

I think i've answered my own question tho...I always use the blue one and it does the same kinda damage and last just as short as before.

For the person who said that nano's have been useless since lvl 30 pa's. Not true at all. When you are running one of those missions that require you to not die the Blue nano comes in rather handy basically you can use it in those key areas with the strong monsters and take them out (or weaken them badly) all for free without having to worry about healing. It came in VERY handly during that one special magashi mission that had great drops but if you died once it was over wasting your megi spheres.

yeah nanoblasts are just a good way to die. Only time they were ever useful for me is when they made me invincible.

milranduil
Jul 26, 2010, 01:57 PM

Yeah Lv 175+ enemies receive +1000 HP and only 2 grenades fire the new way (one of which sucks, and the other of which is lolololrare).

unicorn
Jul 26, 2010, 06:13 PM

Hmmm Idk if it'll come in a later update or if its supposed to be implemented already. When I joined JP they already had said enhancements...

Crysteon
Jul 26, 2010, 06:51 PM
and only 2 grenades fire the new way (one of which sucks, and the other of which is lolololrare).

Arent there 3 Launchers with 2 different bullet shots? Zoal Head and Panzer Faust shoot straight, while Dark Meteor shoots from above. inb4antiparabolicmadness

padiwac
Jul 26, 2010, 08:27 PM
http://psupedia.info/Talk:GAS#Third_wave

Wild blast comes in the third update and adds 30 secs to each nanoblast.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 26, 2010, 10:05 PM
http://psupedia.info/Talk:GAS#Third_wave

Wild blast comes in the third update and adds 30 secs to each nanoblast.

Correct but there was also an update for rebalancing the nanoblasts. I had a thread about it on the official forums but it has since been removed due to my negative attitude towards SEGA's neglect of PSU.

milranduil
Jul 27, 2010, 01:02 AM
Arent there 3 Launchers with 2 different bullet shots? Zoal Head and Panzer Faust shoot straight, while Dark Meteor shoots from above. inb4antiparabolicmadness

Correct there are 3 non-regular grenades, but I believe that update was specifically targetting Zoal Head and Panzer Faust because the "grenade bullet update" came after Dark Meteor was released and it shot the same way before and after the supposed update.