PDA

View Full Version : psu on demand aug 3

jaws1475
Jul 26, 2010, 04:05 PM
Source: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=336703

Attention, GUARDIANS!

We are very happy to announce that starting on August 3rd, Phantasy Star Universe will be available for purchase over the Xbox Live Games on Demand service! Anyone can now purchase the core PSU game (which functions in offline story mode) and also upgrade it with the free AOTI expansion.

With the GUARDIANS Advanced Content, free expansion, and now downloadable client, this is a very exciting time for PSU, with a lot more still on the way.

Additional details will be available soon, so stay tuned!

:-D

pikachief
Jul 26, 2010, 04:17 PM
Big text is Big.

Big PSU news is Big :)

xBladeM6x
Jul 26, 2010, 04:21 PM
THIS BIG WRITING IS NECESSARY!

But seriously that's pretty awesome.

TwistedDragon
Jul 26, 2010, 04:50 PM
I have a disc but I might get the content so I never have to change my disc.

Psu5675
Jul 26, 2010, 04:57 PM
you got the disc but you might get as a download
what a waste of $$

pikachief
Jul 26, 2010, 05:00 PM
and space.

lol

TwistedDragon
Jul 26, 2010, 05:03 PM
I don't have much space either I have the original white 360 with a 20 GB hard drive with access to only 14 GB.

Psu5675
Jul 26, 2010, 05:03 PM
its like if you got it on disc it should be free

TwistedDragon
Jul 26, 2010, 05:06 PM
They already got over 300 dollars from me.

xBULLYDOGG
Jul 26, 2010, 07:54 PM
you got the disc but you might get as a download
what a waste of $$

You'll get over it.

Typestatic
Jul 26, 2010, 08:29 PM
I have a disc but I might get the content so I never have to change my disc.

This ^

Tyreek
Jul 26, 2010, 08:33 PM
Good Edward. Now you may actually get somewhere with this game now that both versions will be readily available for digital purchase.

Dragwind
Jul 26, 2010, 09:25 PM
This is great news, especially for those who lost or can't find a disc to play.

xjustsumloser
Jul 26, 2010, 09:42 PM
whats funny is, when looking at the posts on the official boards, most the people who will buy this are those who already have the disc and are lazy lol.

I'm not for buying games on demand as they are badly priced and I hate DRM stuff. Regardless good to see that the game will be more accessible to new players or those who royally messed up their discs.

DuRaL
Jul 27, 2010, 05:38 AM
i wonder.. if i buy this from the japanese marketplace, along with the japanese AotI, will i finally be able to type kana&kanji..?
would be cool, if just for making shortcuts, r pretending to be a japanese girl to get some extra presents from horny 13 year old players..

xBladeM6x
Jul 27, 2010, 10:19 AM
i wonder.. if i buy this from the japanese marketplace, along with the japanese AotI, will i finally be able to type kana&kanji..?
would be cool, if just for making shortcuts, r pretending to be a japanese girl to get some extra presents from horny 13 year old players..
Brilliant.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 27, 2010, 10:51 AM
This is great news, especially for those who lost or can't find a disc to play.

Yeah, the players have been asking for this for almost 2 years now so it is good to see it happen eventually. Sadly without a constant stream of updates and an advertising campaign the digital distribution will not actually bolster PSU's community though. Hopefully this means that SEGA is ready to support PSU but I won't hold my breath.

Anyone care to guess what the cost will be? My guess is $30.

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2010, 11:35 AM

I'm actually going to go with $19.99, as PSU wasn't a very popular game, and that's what semi-unknown games usually go for on Games on Demand.

tadtwisted
Jul 27, 2010, 12:28 PM
Now to get PSO Ep3. on Xbox Live Arcade :)

xmoonprismpowerx
Jul 27, 2010, 01:59 PM
I'm a notorious PSU disc scratcher. It's like I take a key to that thing and maniacally start going to town. So I gamefly'd that shiz and installed it to my harddrive. Haven't froze or had any problems since. But it's nice to know that when I somehow blow up my xbox, I'll still have that download there for my enjoyment. I think it's worth the space if you're a freaking nerd like me. Soz. :-P

Yamikari
Jul 27, 2010, 03:38 PM
I'm actually going to go with $19.99, as PSU wasn't a very popular game, and that's what semi-unknown games usually go for on Games on Demand.

Well I got my copy used in perfect condition for $10. So I am hoping that, especially to help convince my friends to start playing.

PSU Phere
Aug 1, 2010, 10:56 PM
lmao! and i was JUST thinking about starting 2 play again. so i checked my disc, and it is "too scratched" to download to the harddrive :'( this solves the whole problem xD i think they should do quite a few promo's for this game on the dash board now that its ALL available online :)

Professor Xavier
Aug 2, 2010, 01:10 AM
Yeah, the players have been asking for this for almost 2 years now so it is good to see it happen eventually. Sadly without a constant stream of updates and an advertising campaign the digital distribution will not actually bolster PSU's community though. Hopefully this means that SEGA is ready to support PSU but I won't hold my breath.

$15.95 is my guess. It kinda depends though. If they think they can get 19.99 for it they will try. I would be shocked to see it past the twenty dollar price tag. If it is the higher amount I would expect to see the price drop 30-60 days after the digital release. You might see it for 11.99. Who knows?

I have to agree with you that if they don't at least advertise it. At least on Xbox live and SEGA's web site. It will fail to do much of anything for the community. Although its never been done before and I'm not sure how it would be received. And for 100+ reasons it would be unfair to former PC/PS2 players. (If they offered account transfer to Japanese players to come over to the 360 version) Which I'm not sure why they would want to come over considering they are ahead of us. Thats it. Forget it, it was a dumb idea!!

Corso
Aug 3, 2010, 01:52 PM
Just sawthat PSU showed up on Xbox Live Marketpalce Games on Demand for $19.99. (I was hoping for more like $15, or even $10 to get me to come back, and to get some new players. I think $20 will be too much for most to take the leap.)

Cheers!

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 3, 2010, 06:45 PM
Just sawthat PSU showed up on Xbox Live Marketpalce Games on Demand for $19.99. (I was hoping for more like $15, or even $10 to get me to come back, and to get some new players. I think $20 will be too much for most to take the leap.)

Cheers!

Since AotI is free now $20 is still not too bad. Still, this is a great example of too little way too late. We needed this and the Supplemental Update a year ago.

HyperShot-X-
Aug 3, 2010, 08:52 PM
Since AotI is free now $20 is still not too bad. Still, this is a great example of too little way too late. We needed this and the Supplemental Update a year ago.
Too late for some, not much for the rest. Population is holding and will only grow from here on and out.

Dragwind
Aug 3, 2010, 08:59 PM
Keep in mind that Xbox live has a huge player base. There's always people who will be browsing the 360 library, come across this game, and become curious. Nearly every player I've came across on the 360 has mentioned that they didn't play any previous Phantasy Star titles, they just decided to try it and stuck with it.

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 3, 2010, 10:06 PM
Too late for some, not much for the rest. Population is holding and will only grow from here on and out.

Yes, because playing a 4-year-old game that requires a $10 monthly subscription is what console players do best. [/sarcasm]

Hopefully the 360 servers will get to see the end of the original 5-year plan. At the current rate it will only take SEGA around 7 years to deliver all of that content. Given how Microsoft is killing off every MMO project PSU may still be the only other MMO besides FFXI for the 360 even then. Sadly I doubt the population will ever grow though as PSU is still the same grind that it has always been, and it just keeps getting easier.

RubyEclipse
Aug 4, 2010, 10:36 AM
So glad this finally all happened. A lot of people have been working very hard for some time now to try and make this a reality, and it's a great success to see the game's availability soar. Edward and the rest of the PSU team put a lot of time in behind the scenes over the last few months to push as hard as they could for this.

I'm personally very optimistic about the potential for population growth thanks to G.O.D, and hopeful that the game will steadily build from here on out. :)

Aa1989
Aug 4, 2010, 11:36 AM
will online ever be free? possibly sometime soon

BIG OLAF
Aug 4, 2010, 11:40 AM

Nope, sorry.

Anduril
Aug 4, 2010, 12:05 PM
If you like the game, pray that it doesn't become free soon. Free is the harbinger of the server going down.

RubyEclipse
Aug 4, 2010, 12:17 PM
No plans for free play online anytime soon. I can explain why fairly quickly though:

- The game was designed on a subscription model, so going free to play makes one big change: no more money to support the game. This means updates stop, Game Masters no longer exist and all customer service for the game would have to come at a direct cost from somewhere else.

- Scammers, glitchers, and other abusive users would run free without any worry of punishment. Even if GM's did exist, it would be very difficult to prevent abusive players from simply making another free account and repeating their offenses.

- The demo players would flock there en masse. While about 5% of these players are good, wholesome gamers, many transitioning to the full version, the other 95% (as anyone who has played the demo will tell you) are personalities that even the seediest of places wouldn't welcome. Think 11 year old immaturity meets the language of a drunken sailor, and mix that with the backstabbing behavior of a chronic liar. It's unfortunate, but this is how I see a large number of the demo players.

In short, be very, very glad that the game is not free to play, or going there anytime soon. In this case, I think it's a very positive thing. :)

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 4, 2010, 12:22 PM
So glad this finally all happened. A lot of people have been working very hard for some time now to try and make this a reality, and it's a great success to see the game's availability soar. Edward and the rest of the PSU team put a lot of time in behind the scenes over the last few months to push as hard as they could for this.

I'm personally very optimistic about the potential for population growth thanks to G.O.D, and hopeful that the game will steadily build from here on out. :)

I don't know about soaring but it is nice when a company digitally distributes a game especially when they have stopped making disc versions available. It is hard to increase a game's availability when there are very few copies of it being sold. Also, it is good to know that Edward has been pushing for this for the last few months considering that we have been asking for it for over a year.

As for hoping that the community will steadily build, again this would not be an issue if you had suported them years ago. The fans have been asking for basic balance fixes for a very long time and just now you have started to support them. To say that you are hopeful for growth when your company is directly responsible for the population decrease is quite hilarious. What's funny is that you had the community years ago but failed to properly support it; that is why it is so small today and why growth is needed.

Yes it is nice to see SEGA finally get something right with the 360's servers, it only took you almost 4-years. I guess we should be thankful that it didn't take longer, right? Pathetic but congratulatoins for being able to pat yourself on the back when you get something right for once.

RubyEclipse
Aug 4, 2010, 01:09 PM
I think making the game available to everyone with access to Xbox Live is quite a jump, especially when you compare that to limited stock in used game stores, which was the case before this week. But if being potentially available to millions isn't soaring and is more like jumping, well, I'm personally happy with the numbers either way.

Many of us in this community were doing a lot to support the game when it launched and in the years following. From events to videos to weekly podcasts, I think our action proves this fact far beyond some tinted claims. The difference is that officially at SEGA (as with any big company), big changes will always take a lot of time and need to get past a whole lot of red tape. Even something as basic as providing updates is far from the simple perspective that players have, and I say that having seen and known both sides of the spectrum.

I think the negativity some people spew so carelessly and so often is more harmful to our community than any delay in content or any rollback. We all know who these people are: those who are never happy, those who are constantly posting doomsday scenarios, and those who constantly attack others in the community. That's the worst kind of negativity, because it seeks to drown out any true successes or accomplishments - like this one, which I think is a great win for both the players and for SEGA alike.

So, to end on that good note, here's to everyone who was happy to see this, and who pushed to help make it happen. :)

zombiemoshpit84
Aug 4, 2010, 01:12 PM
YEAH! you tell em! i could not have sed it better myself.

HyperShot-X-
Aug 4, 2010, 01:21 PM
@Hiero _Glyph,
It's only a wishful thinking that it could've helped more if it was done sooner. I don't doubt that they did and are doing what they can with the best of their limited resources and abilities not to fail our 360 community.

They may have failed to support pc/ps2 regional server in the past but at the same time, the subscriber base practically abandoned that platform by cancelling their subs and effectively helping to kill it sooner. The same is far from happening on 360 server on the contrary.

Another one of your wishful thoughts regarding the delay gap from JP server, which happens to be also the ultimate flaw in your thought process, is that 360 server is supposed to be on par with JP pc/ps2's content update time frame. What you're refusing to admit is that PSU on Xbox Live takes much longer and/or more efforts in comparison to localize to all different regions throughout the world wide network, and unlike JP pc/ps2 version community, majority of Live users don't live off PSU server alone 24/7 and they enjoy so many other good games offered on Live, which means they can adopt to pace themselves during long content gaps. The only fail if there is one around here is the likes of you, unfortunately.

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 4, 2010, 01:58 PM
@Hiero _Glyph,
It's only a wishful thinking that it could've helped more if it was done sooner. I don't doubt that they did and are doing what they can with the best of their limited resources and abilities not to fail our 360 community.

They may have failed to support pc/ps2 regional server in the past but at the same time, the subscriber base practically abandoned that platform by cancelling their subs and effectively helping to kill it sooner. The same is far from happening on 360 server on the contrary.

Another one of your wishful thoughts regarding the delay gap from JP server, which happens to be also the ultimate flaw in your thought process, is that 360 server is supposed to be on par with JP pc/ps2's content update time frame. What you're refusing to admit is that PSU on Xbox Live takes much longer and/or more efforts in comparison to localize to all different regions throughout the world wide network, and unlike JP pc/ps2 version community, majority of Live users don't live off PSU server alone 24/7 and they enjoy so many other good games offered on Live, which means they can adopt to pace themselves during long content gaps. The only fail if there is one around here is the likes of you, unfortunately.

I think this is a very important aspect of your argument that has failed. For 2 years after the release of PSU in North America the 360 and PC/PS2 servers maintained every update that Japan's PC/PS2 servers had with one exception to my knowledge. The differences in content were negligible and even balance fixes were delivered based on need and not some obscure release schedule.

Even at the start of the following year the 'gap' between servers was minor and we got almot every major update without delay. Then the summer of MAG hit and everything started to fail, utterly. We went from being ~4 months behind to almost double that by the end of the year. The following year did not improve things and while Japan's servers managed biweekly updates ours were lucky to get more than one a month.

The issue is that SEGA set the standard for the first 2 years of PSU's life and then suddenly stopped delivering timely updates for the 360's and PC/PS2's servers. What changed?! Did the community suddenly plunge? Nope, MAG had a huge following on the 360 servers so it was nothing on our end and we easily managed 3+ full universes throughout the event.

Again, I blame SEGA 100% for the demise of the PC/PS2 community as they failed to support the players. In a market with better games available why should players be expected to pay for a service that is greatly lacking? Regarding the 360 servers, the community continues to dwindle because the players are tired of waiting for content we know is coming.

Yes, we finally have an update that we have been waiting to get for 15 months. Most of this update is basic balance fixes. Why did we have to wait 15 months for balance changes when in previous years they released them without significant delay? It is not the players that are to blame but SEGA for failing to support their community and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

EDIT: As for Ruby's indirect comments, blame me for everything if it makes you sleep better at night. I know that I did not cause the problems that plague the 360 version of PSU but I will continue to point then out. My words are viewed by a fraction of the total player base of PSU while your lack of support is evident to every player (well maybe not all as some pay but do not play any more). I will own up for every player that I have caused to leave PSU. How many has SEGA's neglect caused to leave? Let's compare numbers and see who is really to blame.

EDIT2: It should be noted that SEGA has seemed to suddenly care about PSU. We have had a biweekly update, and the digital version of PSU released. So now it is up to SEGA to continue this trend and win back all those players you have spurned in the past. I really hope they can manage to maintain this effort since they were capable of doing it back when PSU was first released. It should also be noted that my words alone will not improve or hinder SEGA's support of PSU so again, how am I to blame for any of this?

Powder Keg
Aug 4, 2010, 02:55 PM
Well, one thing I can say that really helps out the 360 and JP PSU community is that they both have a billing process that doesn't use a server that was likely built in 1987.

HyperShot-X-
Aug 4, 2010, 03:11 PM
I don't feel like getting lectured with wall-o-text history lesson for the past 4 years of PSU that I'm fully aware of already, to analyze what went wrong and what could've, should've done, instead I'd rather spend that time supporting the full game, helping to promote demo, trying to actually make a difference, just like I used to pushing for this G.o.D. release that finally became a reality.

Time for bs talking that proves nothing is long over eventho that's all some of these forum posters ever do on here. It's time to go out there, support the full game, promote the demo, support PSP2 when it gets released, and make a difference. May the phorce be with you as always.

RubyEclipse
Aug 5, 2010, 05:19 AM
I don't feel like getting lectured with wall-o-text history lesson for the past 4 years of PSU that I'm fully aware of already, to analyze what went wrong and what could've, should've done, instead I'd rather spend that time supporting the full game, helping to promote demo, trying to actually make a difference, just like I used to pushing for this G.o.D. release that finally became a reality.

Well said.

I just mentioned this over on the official boards, so if anyone here is alreadying recruiting in new players from the Demo version, go ahead and write down the ID number of their full account and their gamertag. In the future, we might give away some swag as a thank you to those who are doing their part to help PSU grow even further. :)

Edit: Also, next Tuesday we're planning to take a big group down to the Demo servers to try and convince as many friendly players to join the full game as possible. There will be scrolling banners and possibly ice cream. If you'd like to join in, details are here:

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=6062518&postcount=284

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 5, 2010, 05:42 AM
and possibly ice cream.

What kinda Koltova milk processing/churning/technique insta-freeze is involved in this?!

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/14/644/steamed_milk/

No animal mentioned in the milk while the juice is said to be an extract, but we don't need to know where...

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/14/631/koltova_juice/

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 5, 2010, 11:38 AM
Well said.

I just mentioned this over on the official boards, so if anyone here is alreadying recruiting in new players from the Demo version, go ahead and write down the ID number of their full account and their gamertag. In the future, we might give away some swag as a thank you to those who are doing their part to help PSU grow even further. :)

Edit: Also, next Tuesday we're planning to take a big group down to the Demo servers to try and convince as many friendly players to join the full game as possible. There will be scrolling banners and possibly ice cream. If you'd like to join in, details are here:

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=6062518&postcount=284

Again, why bother? If you are telling the current players that you are now supporting PSU with your full effort then the players will gladly recruit their friends for you. So far you have done very little to prove that you actually care about the quality of the 360 servers. Give it a few weeks or even months of continued support and then maybe you can get more than just fanbois to support your cause.

If you really want to recruit players why not offer a free-to-play weekend? Let the game speak for itself. How about offering a free month to new players? If your intentions are true then they would gladly keep playing due to your support of the game. Giving me something for free when it costs me $10 a month to play screams 'SCAM!' to me. Hopefully others won't see it that way but I never believe anyone that tries to solicit my money instead of proving why their product deserves it.

RubyEclipse
Aug 5, 2010, 12:17 PM
Again, why bother? If you are telling the current players that you are now supporting PSU with your full effort then the players will gladly recruit their friends for you. So far you have done very little to prove that you actually care about the quality of the 360 servers. Give it a few weeks or even months of continued support and then maybe you can get more than just fanbois to support your cause.
We bother because we care. We care enough that we (as players) don't spend our time on forums constantly waxing woeful poetic about the mistakes of the past, but rather doing what we can to help the game.

I'm glad you did bring up the point about fellow players recruiting their friends though, because that's exactly what this is. The entire initiative was brought up by other people, and I jumped in to help organize and rally from there - and I still consider myself a player in tihs community just as much as I do a GM. We agree on this point 100% - thank you for mentioning it. :)

Some of your ideas for other promotions aren't bad, but please understand it's just never as easy or as fast to make anything happen as it might seem. It requires a lot of time, patience, paperwork and approvals to do anything, and even then not everything makes the cut.

The teams here at SEGA, Edward and everyone else behind the scenes, have been working for a long time to make these things happen, and I think some people look at this like a finished Rubik's cube and think it's just a box with stickers on it - one easily changed - without realizing that the cube itself is far more complicated than it might appear the first time you see it. This is the reality of any discussion in the corporate world, and it's the challenge we have to work against to make big things happen, like PSU being part of Games on Demand.

So, while I get that you're passionate and have your own agendas for things you want to see, I'm just saying relax for a moment, share the success that we do have, and either hold off from the constant negativity or just don't post at all for a little bit. I think everyone, myself included, would find it most refreshing.

BIG OLAF
Aug 5, 2010, 12:58 PM
I'm just saying relax for a moment, share the success that we do have, and either hold off from the constant negativity or just don't post at all for a little bit. I think everyone, myself included, would find it most refreshing.

Like that's going to happen :innocent:. Some people don't have an "off switch", Ruby.

EDIT: Not that I don't appreciate a little push and irk towards Sega once and a while; it keeps companies on their toes to have some dissenters. But, constant negativity seems to bring the mood down. If anything, constructive criticism (with a pinch of dissent) would show Sega that people do care about their advancements, but want them to keep pushing and be even better as a whole.

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 5, 2010, 01:06 PM
We bother because we care. We care enough that we (as players) don't spend our time on forums constantly waxing woeful poetic about the mistakes of the past, but rather doing what we can to help the game.

Well then here's another for you... "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." SEGA has a history of neglect regarding Phantasy Star, not just with PSU either (eternal Christmas anyone?). I hope that you really are sincere in your efforts but I have learned from the past and will not repeat the same mistakes.

I'm glad you did bring up the point about fellow players recruiting their friends though, because that's exactly what this is. The entire initiative was brought up by other people, and I jumped in to help organize and rally from there - and I still consider myself a player in tihs community just as much as I do a GM. We agree on this point 100% - thank you for mentioning it. :)

I'm glad and hope it works out.

Some of your ideas for other promotions aren't bad, but please understand it's just never as easy or as fast to make anything happen as it might seem. It requires a lot of time, patience, paperwork and approvals to do anything, and even then not everything makes the cut.

Funny that you think they are good considering that the community has been mentioning them for years now. We even tried to get you to use double experience weekends like in other games. Sadly nothing has ever come from our ideas so regardless of how long the approval process takes it could have been over and done with many, many times by now. Good to know that your team is finally paying attention but I am curious what took so long?

The teams here at SEGA, Edward and everyone else behind the scenes, have been working for a long time to make these things happen, and I think some people look at this like a finished Rubik's cube and think it's just a box with stickers on it - one easily changed - without realizing that the cube itself is far more complicated than it might appear the first time you see it. This is the reality of any discussion in the corporate world, and it's the challenge we have to work against to make big things happen, like PSU being part of Games on Demand.

So, while I get that you're passionate and have your own agendas for things you want to see, I'm just saying relax for a moment, share the success that we do have, and either hold off from the constant negativity or just don't post at all for a little bit. I think everyone, myself included, would find it most refreshing.

You mention how hard your team has been working yet PSU has never been neglected so much as in the last 2 years. Yes, there was a slight improvement over the lat 12 months but nothing like it was during the first 2 years. I do understand that there are multiple layers in any business environment but SoJ's PC/PS2 servers have never had any sort of delay in content for the entire life of their servers. Why the double standard?

As for my attitude, it will improve when your service does. Good luck.

RubyEclipse
Aug 6, 2010, 05:45 AM
Well then here's another for you... "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." SEGA has a history of neglect regarding Phantasy Star, not just with PSU either (eternal Christmas anyone?). I hope that you really are sincere in your efforts but I have learned from the past and will not repeat the same mistakes.

I love quotations, but it's completely unrelated to a discussion about what we as players are doing to support the game. There are no mistakes for you to repeat if you don't do anything positive to help in the first place.

For the record, while I agree that voicing one's opinion can be good, I think there's a difference between that and constantly hating or being negative. That said, we all understand that this is the internet, and this magical wild west will always have those sorts of personalities thanks to the factor of anonymity. It's the same for any online game and almost any message board.

Funny that you think they are good considering that the community has been mentioning them for years now. We even tried to get you to use double experience weekends like in other games. Sadly nothing has ever come from our ideas so regardless of how long the approval process takes it could have been over and done with many, many times by now. Good to know that your team is finally paying attention but I am curious what took so long?

I agree completely! Truly, nothing has ever come from our ideas as players. The multiple Time Attack events, the entirity of the PSU Podcast, the Great Gurhalian Cup Tournaments, the Mission Spotlights of years past, the naming of Shred the Darkness, reworking microtransactions in the western version of supplemental content: verily, SEGA has never listened to us, and surely they never will.

SoJ's PC/PS2 servers have never had any sort of delay in content for the entire life of their servers. Why the double standard?

The Japanese PC/PS2 servers are the first servers any content goes live on, and always have been, so of course there's no 'delay' in that sense. There are still a number of good examples of content issues on the Japanese servers though, where content was delayed after being announced for them for any number of reasons.

We have all seen for years that Japan and their servers traditionally get content before us, and this is nothing new. In most cases it's attributed to the games launching in Japan first, as was the case with almost all versions of PSO and also PSU. Our battle - and one that Edward and I have fought personally - is trying to close that gap as much as possible. It's a notable challenge sometimes, but the western teams do they best they can to try and support this.

As for my attitude, it will improve when your service does. Good luck.

Chin up then, friend - we've got another update this week! ;)

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 6, 2010, 09:47 AM

Thank you for your reply. Let's just hope that your team is truly sincere in their efforts and will not let [the 360 version of] PSU end the same way that PSO did.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 6, 2010, 07:57 PM
Chin up then, friend - we've got another update this week! ;)

Emergency maint to remove the grind boost and 3* photon fortune?

Tyreek
Aug 6, 2010, 09:09 PM
I think he was talking about Holy Ground/R and the seasonal changes. <.<

beatrixkiddo
Aug 6, 2010, 11:00 PM
Well, he said "another".

Tyreek
Aug 6, 2010, 11:10 PM
Well, context aside, Let's see how this trend will go from this point.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 10, 2010, 01:43 PM
JP 360 site says no update this week, so I think that's how this trend will go. :>

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 10, 2010, 03:32 PM
JP 360 site says no update this week, so I think that's how this trend will go. :>

If they can manage biweekly updates that will be quite an improvement over their previous service. I guess we will have to wait another week to find out how long this 'trend' will continue.

xjustsumloser
Aug 10, 2010, 04:49 PM
Sega is doing better. An update every-other week or better is reasonable enough for me to be subscribed right now. I am hoping they can keep this going. Sega cant fix their reputation, even if we they were able to get us only a few weeks behind JP. People have been burned too many times with too many different situations. They just need to work on keeping the players they have, and try to get some old PS2/PC users to make the switch to 360.

I started on 360, but I do feel for the PC/PS2 community If there is an easy way to prove they purchased the "games on demand" version of the game and had an active PC/PS2 account until the end they should offer them some compensation. I understand not moving their data over, but give them some sort of boost to help bring them back / a few free months.

I enjoy the game and had not been subscribed in over a year. Things are looking up, but I am not one to get my hopes too high.

Instead of going to the demo servers to just try and convince users to switch over, just kill the demo. The demo was and always has been one of the worst ways to advertise this game.