PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Attraction

Yamikari
Jul 27, 2010, 03:49 PM
Is there a system in this game which causes enemies to attack certain party members rather than others? Sometimes it seems like there is, but at other times it seems random who they attack.

pikachief
Jul 27, 2010, 04:03 PM
I think it depends on the enemy.

Some enemies attack randomly, some attack the first they see, some attack whoever's attacking them the most :)

I think... lol

Tetsaru
Jul 27, 2010, 10:06 PM
PSU never really had any sort of "enmity" system, unlike a game like FF11 where understanding enemy aggression often meant the difference between life or death, lol. The only sure-fire way that I know of to hold an enemy's attention was with the Charm status effect... which, back when I was playing was only possible by 1 - using Barada Chamga, a shotgun PA, or 2 - trying to proc the effect using a Boquet, a B-rank saber weapon that was only obtainable through an event. Not worth it imo, especially when you can usually just zerg rush your way through most enemies these days... I think it'd be kinda cool if you could play a tank-like class on a game like PSU, though.

One Hit Blunder
Jul 30, 2010, 08:17 AM
Mobs typically attack whoever is "flinching" them the most often.

As far as the aggro meter goes, Rangers are at the tippy top because their weapons have the highest attack rate. This is why mechguns are useful, you can aggro a wave of mobs and let them chase you around while your melee and techers unload on them. :)

xBULLYDOGG
Jul 30, 2010, 08:40 AM
Mobs typically attack whoever is "flinching" them the most often.

As far as the aggro meter goes, Rangers are at the tippy top because their weapons have the highest attack rate. This is why mechguns are useful, you can aggro a wave of mobs and let them chase you around while your melee and techers unload on them. :)

or
JABROGA

Powder Keg
Jul 30, 2010, 09:14 AM
Charm works, and it also depends upon certain enemies.

For example, Bil De Vears will go after whoever is attacking them.

HienkyakuX
Jul 30, 2010, 09:45 AM
Maybe Provoke (Enhance your presence to provoke enemy attacks.) But that's from GAS.

Dragwind
Jul 30, 2010, 11:52 AM
PSU never really had any sort of "enmity" system, unlike a game like FF11 where understanding enemy aggression often meant the difference between life or death, lol. The only sure-fire way that I know of to hold an enemy's attention was with the Charm status effect... which, back when I was playing was only possible by 1 - using Barada Chamga, a shotgun PA, or 2 - trying to proc the effect using a Boquet, a B-rank saber weapon that was only obtainable through an event. Not worth it imo, especially when you can usually just zerg rush your way through most enemies these days... I think it'd be kinda cool if you could play a tank-like class on a game like PSU, though.

The whip Vish Feara (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/2407/vish_feara/) also works.

Esther Reagan
Aug 1, 2010, 08:00 AM
I lul when I think about this but I think most people have forgotten that PA frags can attract enemy attention too. XD
I dunno who would do that but I'd assume probably someone who already has every PA in the game.

Mimo
Aug 1, 2010, 10:49 AM
I always felt like a meat shield on my techer... I swear those enemy's knew It was me the moment the mission started and plotted for my numerous deaths. My sister and her bf never seemed to get chased as much as I did.. but they were melee players so they killed everything in a second everytime I partied with them. :3 Hehe but yeah I think it's just random and how good you were at dodging/avoiding enemies o,o;

Anduril
Aug 1, 2010, 12:59 PM
I lul when I think about this but I think most people have forgotten that PA frags can attract enemy attention too. XD
I dunno who would do that but I'd assume probably someone who already has every PA in the game.
I'm pretty sure that the description from PA Frags is just a mistranslation they never fixed. As quoted from PSUPedia's PA Frag page: The original Japanese description of this item reads "A data disk fragment of the strongest photon arts said to be usable by only a select few. If you collect a lot of these, the data can be reconstructed."

RemiusTA
Aug 1, 2010, 10:08 PM
Wow what game is this you people speak of? I dont remember remember enemies doing anything but dying in a cloud of jarboga in this game