PDA

View Full Version : Gacha scammmmm!

Esther Reagan
Jul 28, 2010, 01:58 AM
I'm not usually the one for posting things that are anything relevant to complaining, but I did get scammed a few days ago. It's not like me to fall for something so out of the ordinary either since I've been playing PSU since it released on the PC (since then I have moved to x-box). Basically here is what happened:

I go into a guy's room to buy a spare copernia to have an even 24 for Grinder base S's. I notice his gacha machine in his room and decide to see what is in it. For 1 meseta a turn, I could've won a rappy suit (which would be a good sell for a mil), agito edge, or agito repca. I thought to myself "HOLY COW IS THIS GUY ON CRACK? OF COURSE I'LL SPIN THIS BABY." I also noticed him standing right next to the gacha machine (-.-). Looked like he was afk because I kept talking for about 5 minutes asking if he was serious about that gacha. So I started to spin it... At first I was doing it at a nice steady pace to see what I got. After awhile of getting a bunch of carlians, harniums, etc, I decided to spam the crud out of it to get my reward. I was going so fast I wasn't paying attention to how much each spin costed and in the blink of an eye, he changed the cost to 25 mil (I was holding around 25.8 mil that day).

That guy got me real good lol. I tried searching previous threads on this site and even googling if it had happened to someone else but all I ever got was the "Gacha money glitch" which didn't seem the same because they never mentioned a person standing next to the machine and those were all back in 2007 anyways.
Well, I thought I'd just warn you guys if you ever see this situation, don't make the same mistake I did. x_x

P.S. - I did report him on the dashboard and to sega but I know nothing will happen to him anyways. -.-

joefro
Jul 28, 2010, 02:04 AM
Sorry that you got scammed, but honestly, all gachas are the same. The chance of you actually winning the top prize is slim to none. Also, in my opinion neither of the three items in there are worth anything. The rappy suit and agito edge are easy to find and the repca was probably a low percent and horribly broken.

If you don't want this to happen, don't play a gacha.

Esther Reagan
Jul 28, 2010, 02:11 AM
If you don't want this to happen, don't play a gacha.

He's right. lol

Yea I was thinking after I got scammed that the repca was probably trash anyways. I thought I had learned my lesson back on the PC version when gacha's first came out to just stay away from them. The chances of anyone getting anything is slim to none. It's a good thing I don't care about meseta anymore since I'll be leaving for school again next month and won't be able to play anymore.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 28, 2010, 02:31 AM
Don't think we can publicly denounce them scammer abusers with exact who/where name drop, on these here forums, for buncha reasons. Better community, forum isn't the official ones with GM powers and such to fix anything however far they can fix them-priority where and such.

But, tell all your friends!

rayner
Jul 28, 2010, 07:16 AM
It's things like this that make me not even buy from player stores when the player is in the room.

xBULLYDOGG
Jul 28, 2010, 08:29 AM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=315639

They care more than pso-world folk

bupjo
Jul 28, 2010, 09:07 AM
same here rayner. i never buy anything in players shops (and i don't do gatchas no matters whats in there) when the player is in his/her room. a lot of times they may try and change the price of an item without you even noticing it. i can't remember what the item was, but it was 200,000 in their shop. upon me purchasing the item the player quickly changed the price to 300,000 and i didn't notice til it was too late. now 3k don't seem all that much but back in the day, was considered a lot to me.

xBULLYDOGG
Jul 28, 2010, 09:10 AM
I've never had that problem. I guess people just know,

Kerberos
Jul 28, 2010, 09:39 AM
The odds of winning the top prizes out of a Gacha aren't too bad. I had a Lumira Spead Unit as a top prize and someone got it just after 30+ spins at only 50k a spin. This was when they were at 75mil.

Psu5675
Jul 28, 2010, 05:07 PM
i think i have seen him the scammer

Aleph_0
Jul 28, 2010, 05:16 PM
This is the reason i don't use Gachas or even buy items from player shops if the player is in the room. It's too easy to switch prices last second. You can of course avoid this buy carrying less money with you, i never have more than a mil at a time.

pikachief
Jul 28, 2010, 06:05 PM
probably was the same guy who did this to me. its funny cuz whenever he sees me in a lobby he books it as fast as he can XD lol

Yea except he waited till I got well over 100 items before he did it to me >.> lol and he was talking to me the entire time too :/

RANGER 01
Jul 28, 2010, 06:52 PM
yep someone got me like this for 30 mill.

LastAyleidKing
Jul 28, 2010, 08:00 PM
well I remember going to an Asian Chars room once and they had a good gacha 550 mestea a spin and good stuff when I spun like mukimiko's and the like back when they came out even if I never knew them I thank them for being honest and making a gotcha where every spin was worth the roll and cash spent. Not like nowadays people are just greedy now and its the honest of us people who suffer.

Powder Keg
Jul 28, 2010, 08:08 PM
You can send in a ticket for that player and ID (in detail) to http://help.sega.com

What he did is considered scamming and you should never buy from player shops or spin gachas when the seller is close to the shop/gacha.

Mimo
Jul 28, 2010, 08:12 PM
People still fall for those? Heeheehee though it is a bad thing, these are some nice memories...! I know, sounds weird. Hmm, but I've had my share of freaky stuff happen when I used to play and I just think back at it and laugh. Well it's just a game and though someone has out smarted you on the other side of the map, we learn from our mistakes etc. :> Sorry if I'm not good at consoling... well I tried. NEXT! : D

Shirai
Jul 28, 2010, 09:00 PM
Wow, that sucks. Never happened to me before..but seeing the items and a guy standing next to it, I probably wouldn't have trusted it anyways seems too sketchy.

SStrikerR
Jul 28, 2010, 09:09 PM
The odds of winning the top prizes out of a Gacha aren't too bad. I had a Lumira Spead Unit as a top prize and someone got it just after 30+ spins at only 50k a spin. This was when they were at 75mil.

Just because someone got it quickly doesn't mean the odds are good. I don't know how many items a gacha holds, but I remember hearing the odds were terrible.

RANGER 01
Jul 28, 2010, 09:20 PM
Just because someone got it quickly doesn't mean the odds are good. I don't know how many items a gacha holds, but I remember hearing the odds were terrible.

possible 2,970 items i believe, but usually 99x3 pf those are taken up by featured items so its usually 3 featured items versus about 2700 hot berries.