PDA

View Full Version : White Beast vs Seed Express

dias_flac_0g
Jul 30, 2010, 05:07 PM
To my understanding WB is the "easy" mission and that's the reason why everyone is mostly there. One element, pretty good boss drops, and pretty good exp.

Lately I been running nothing but SE and I must say that SE is actually easier than WB. When I solo white beast I feel like the enemies are more annoying than those of seed express. Anyone else feel the same way? Overall seed express is easier, more fun, better boss drops, and better exp. So I dont know why everyone is still running WB all day xD

desturel
Jul 30, 2010, 05:31 PM
Lately I been running nothing but SE and I must say that SE is actually easier than WB.

That depends on the class you play.

When I solo white beast I feel like the enemies are more annoying than those of seed express.

Matter of opinion.

Overall seed express is easier,

Again, depends on what class you play as to which mission is easier.

more fun,

Matter of opinion.

better boss drops,

Eh, I'd say they are even in terms of boss drops.

In Seed Express you have Armas Line, Germinus Gun, and Par Ork, then a big drop off to things like Coni and Grand Cross. (nel soul?)

In White Beast you have Aoryu Sealed, Serafi-senba, Nasuyoteri, Hizeri Mind then a big drop off to things like Sanzu-hiken and Yamata-Misaki. (Alteraz Kauda)

I'd say it's a toss up and depends on what you are really looking for. They are all pretty even honestly.

Dark God has Killer Elite, Hizeri / Stamina, and Red Line (Kireek Soul).
Desert Goliath has Cubo Simba and Lumirus Wall
Seed Awakened has Heart of Dulk, Twin Falclaws, Hizeri / Concentrate (Agito Repca)
Forest Infiltration has Adahna Unit, Hizeri / Force, Asura-hiken
Eastern Peril has Crisla-senba, Granahodora, Heart of Onma, and Lumira/TECH Charge
Rogues' Shortcut has Lumirus/Power Chrg. and Vish Diraga
Moonlight Beast has... well Vijeri / Rainbow counts for something doesn't it?

Okay, so those last two are a bit weak, but they still have something.

and better exp.

White Beast S2 | EXP Received: 80144 + Boss (18504) | Total EXP: 98648
The Dark God S2 |EXP Received:61887 + Boss (14820 + 9880) | Total EXP: 86587
SEED Express S2 | EXP Received: 66443 + Boss (19532) | Total EXP: 85975

You need to get the double boss EXP for Seed Express to beat White Beast which isn't 100% of the time.

So I dont know why everyone is still running WB all day xD

Because they want the stuff that's in White Beast?

dias_flac_0g
Jul 30, 2010, 05:44 PM
Not gonna quote the whole thing since only the last part deserves some attention xD

I am by no means the kinda guy who wants everyone to play at SE (like the many that post here ranting about wb) this is more of an opinion type of thing as you stated. However, I am the kinda guy who always says things the way they are without holding back so yea, to me it's not that "oh we do wb because we want the drops sooo bad!" it's more of a lazy easy type of thing and also the overall thing of "everyone plays here, so i'ma just play here too" everyone just "follows" like sheep xD

Now is there people who REALLY do want the drops from WB? Of course, is 90% of the psu population looking for the drops that wb has to offer? faaaar from it. That's the plain truth in black and white :)

The reasons I mention before are the TRUE reasons why everyone spams WB but of course not everyone will admit to it xD

That's why I made this topic becuse SE is easier than WB which is the reason why MOST (keyword) people run that mission. Or atleast they think it is =P

Moving on, i'm curious which classes have a better/easier time in WB?

I play female beast fortefighter just for the record.

Dealbreaker
Jul 30, 2010, 05:52 PM
SE is a much faster run them WB. So in the long run you will get far more exp form SE.

The all around drops are far and away better at SE. You cant get goldania or morbinia at WB. Those seem to drop very often at SE. Armas Lines go for 30-50 mil Serafi go for 3-5 mil.

Aoryu Sealed is a long sword and 90% of the people dont even know its used for a later trade in. So in the end those will be worthless till we get that trade in....

WB is also more of a breeding ground for bad players. It is much harder to find a worthless player at SE.

As the poster pointed out above me there are better missions then SE and WB but sadly the Sheep of PSU only play 2 missions right now. Hell even the /R missions are empty right now. Its going to take alot to get people to leave WB but i think it will find its end at some point..

dias_flac_0g
Jul 30, 2010, 05:58 PM
I agree with you on most of that. The drops from SE are more valuable for sure. The only area drop in WB that has value is Diad and that can only be obtained on S (from that that one area with the ice trap) I am aware that it also drops from normal creatures but rarely.

However I dont want people to get the idea that this is some kinda "rant" thread. I could careless if everyone plays wb all day. However i do believe that everyone plays it for the "easy" (or atleast they think so) and sheep factor.

The R missions are kinda lame lol. I spammed them already got my bikini stuff then I maxed out at 500 amp. No reason to keep doing em, so I totaly undertsnad why no one plays there anymore xD

desturel
Jul 31, 2010, 12:00 AM
SE is a much faster run them WB. So in the long run you will get far more exp form SE.

I'm not sure about that. As a solo Neuman Masterforce Seed Express takes me about 15 minutes (I haven't done it since I got limit Break Diga, so I can probably shave a few minutes off of that time). As a solo Beast Gunmaster, White Beast takes me about 12 minutes, so I'd say the runs are about even time wise. Those are just normal run through times BTW. I'm not into time attacking runs. I'm sure a speed runner could probably trim 4~5 mins from both times. Honestly I'm pretty sure a halfway decent group could get either run done in 6~7 minutes total.

Either way, both runs have about the same run time, however you get more EXP per creature in White Beast than you do in Seed Express. A level 160 unbuffed Deljaban is 494. A level 160 unbuffed Olgohmon is 592. A level 160 Bel Pannon is 296. A Kakwane is 494. A Bal Soza is 988 and the king is 1482. A Komazli is also 988, but no king (but you have to face more Komazli than Bal Soza). The Seed-Ardite is 1976. The Ubakrada is also 1976.

The only time you get a larger amount of exp from Seed Express is when you get a Sageeta/Ollaka heavy white beast map. Kakwane/Olgohmon heavy maps are always worth more exp. Even with a heavy Sageeta/Ollaka map, you get more large enemies (Ubakrada and Komazli) in White Beast than in Seed Express. The maps in Seed Express where you get Orcadillian (494) instead of Seed-Ardite are very low exp variations. Even the additional buffed Deljaban (711) and buffed Bel Pannon (426) don't offset the exp loss.

The all around drops are far and away better at SE. You cant get goldania or morbinia at WB. Those seem to drop very often at SE. Armas Lines go for 30-50 mil Serafi go for 3-5 mil.

You can get goldania and morbinia faster and more plentiful in Scared Planet A rank than you will in Seed Express so that's hardly a factor. In fact Scared Planet S2 drops more goldania/mobinia/titania and lithnia than SE and has LKK which sells for around 30 mil. So what you are saying is Scared Planet is a better run than Seed Express?

Also you are comparing Armas Line prices to Serafi-senba prices, yet serafi-senba has a much higher drop rate than Armas Line. If you wanted something with around the same drop rate, Hizeri/Mind would be a better comparison. What are the prices on those anyway? I haven't checked.

My point is that [b] Serafi-senba has about the same drop rate as [b] Lumirus Line which you probably NPC as soon as you get it (nothing wrong with a quick 10k).

Aoryu Sealed is a long sword and 90% of the people dont even know its used for a later trade in. So in the end those will be worthless till we get that trade in....

A good time to stock up on 1/1 and 2/2 Aoryu's I'd say. ;)

Besides, that's another factor for White Beast. Aoryu, Shuzak, and Haktora are needed for trade ins. There's nothing in Seed Express that is nearly as important. If you want to get those swords out of the way now instead of paying for them later, White Beast is your mission of choice. Of course you could just pay for them now and sell them later for profit. :)

WB is also more of a breeding ground for bad players. It is much harder to find a worthless player at SE.

If Seed Express becomes the new hot spot, bad players will migrate there. It's the same with all hotspots since the game has come out. Besides, like with the Aoryu argument, you are contradicting yourself a bit here. You like that there are better players at Seed Express, but you want all of the bad players who are at White Beast to join you at Seed Express. Then you'll get sick of Seed Express and head to Seed Awakened where there are good players, but then you will try to lure the bad players from Seed Express to Seed Awakened because there are too many people at Seed Express. It's an endless cycle.

That's why I'm glad I solo. I can go where I please without having to worry if anyone else is there. It must suck being dependent on other people.

As the poster pointed out above me there are better missions then SE and WB but sadly the Sheep of PSU only play 2 missions right now. Hell even the /R missions are empty right now. Its going to take alot to get people to leave WB but i think it will find its end at some point.

So what are the better missions you are talking about? I run most of the missions in this game, but what makes them appealing to me doesn't necessarily make them better. Heck, Grove of Fanatics has been my favorite run since the game came out, but I'd hardly call it a good run. I still run it, but Forest Infiltration has it beat in every way right now and that's not going to change anytime soon. (Grove of Fanatics S3 isn't even out in Japan yet sadly).

The /R missions limit people to playing classes they may not like with weapons they probably don't have for less exp than they would get for playing a Seed Express or a White Beast. So you just got that nice Armas Line and Grand Cross from Seed Express. Yay! Now let me go and do an /R mission. Oh wait, let me break out my Hoza-senba, switch to fortetecher and put on my Me/Quick and grab my Bow Genshi and spend the next hour running Desert Terror /R. It's not really appealing to people who have maxed out everything to give it all up and equip B rank stuff just to finish a run with little meseta, lower than S2 exp, and no "rare" items to hunt.

That and they are an endless grind. 500AMP to get to stage 2. Spend 500AMP for Rafal Burst. 500 more AMP to get back to Stage 2. Trade in 10000 points worth of beefslayers media to get a machine gun you'll never use. etc, etc. They will not become a permanent hot spot because of the restrictions and the forced grinding of levels.

It's even a turn off to people who love grinding out missions since the arbitrarily cap you at 500 AMP. Once you hit that cap, and you already have a Rafal Burst, what incentive is there for you to keep going? I am a person who can grind a mission looking for a single item and I can keep grinding it until that item is found. The problem is that there's very little to look for in /R missions. That's why they are dying out. If you are at level 170 range you are better off maxing your character out and getting AEXP from other sources once you have your 500 AMP.

On the bright side, the price of spicia has leveled off thanks to these runs. It will probably rebound a bit the same way it did after photon harvest stopped being "the new story mission", but it should never go back to the 150k per spicia price.

milranduil
Jul 31, 2010, 01:02 AM
Distant Memory should theoretically end White Beast being the spam mission. It has LOADS of drops, including Lavis Cannon, Black Requiem, and Red Line and is great EXP and MP.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 31, 2010, 02:21 AM
it's not just about the drops.It's about enemy density, enemy resistances, end bosss...tendencies.

Back before GMs, no one ran Desert Terror even when the drops were great, because the boss was annoying, and either required a part of two, or a fortegunner with majarra, and rfile bullets leveled to 31+ for electric, which is the most useless SE for rifles.

milranduil
Jul 31, 2010, 04:00 AM
AF ran and still runs that mission fine. I have a TA of it on youtube if you want to see how I played it (it was my first run of it too back on US, so I can hardly really call it a "TA" persay).

AKA RED FOXX 23
Jul 31, 2010, 05:27 AM
I would like to take a less technical and more practical approach to answering this question. I remember a time(over 3 years ago) when Seabed base was the mission of choice for most PSU players. It took sega nurfing it to move people away from the mission. I tend to run SE, WB, and Dark God right now, but I am a bit disapointed that these are the only runs I can run with random parties. Though I have been on the game for years, I do not typically do runs with the same people on a regular basis. I also dislike running solo, even though I have characters that are capable of doing so fairly easily. When I do try to join people on other,less played missions, they typically have locked parties. So it is difficult to find random,solid parties on these peripheral missions. I consider this to be a major contributing factor as to why people spam WB. Since people display this aforementioned "flock-like" behavior, it will take a considerable amount of people migrating to these peripheral missions(Forest infiltration,eastern peril,dark god, desert terror, etc.) to remedy this problem.

dias_flac_0g
Jul 31, 2010, 08:31 AM
I just find it funny how people try so hard to cover up what I said by adding all these other logical reasons as to why people run WB all day.

I said it once and i'll say it again "sheep" factor, and the fact that everyone thinks/feels that it's the easiest mission and the fastest way to lvl up both exp and mp.

It would have been nice if Desturel would have answered my question about which class runs which mission better as well =P

I'm still curious about that. Also when I say that SE is easier than WB this does not mean that WB is hard to me xD WB is easy SE is just easier...

Maybe people are starting to realize this, cuz im starting to see alot more players at SE now waaay more than before.

I agree with Desturel on the solo thing, we aren't restricted to just one mission or two. I solo like 70% of the time to hog all the rares. So again you guys can play your WB all day it dont bother me, but when I discovered that SE was easier I had to make this topic because to me 70% of the player who run WB do it for the easy factor. You can try and sugar coat this, but nah this is the truth :)

desturel
Jul 31, 2010, 12:13 PM
I just find it funny how people try so hard to cover up what I said by adding all these other logical reasons as to why people run WB all day.

You find it funny that people try to use logic?

it's the easiest mission and the fastest way to lvl up both exp and mp.

That's not what you said in your original post.

It would have been nice if Desturel would have answered my question about which class runs which mission better as well =P

Masterforce/fortetecher/acrotecher runs Seed Express better/faster. Fighmaster/Fortefighter/Protranser run White Beast faster.

Jabroga is still better at killing Alteraz than it is at killing Mother Brain. Diga is better on Motherbrain than it is on Alteraz even with limit break (or especially with limit break).

Gohmon are a pain in the butt for techers in large groups. Of course you can avoid the Gohmon maps in favor of sageeta maps, but then you are limiting your EXP if you do that. Acrotecher can probably pull even in White Beast if they have a good percentage whip and their whip and saber arts upgraded to 30, but there are enough safe spots and small enclosed spaces where Seed Express is just a better option for them.

I'd say an acrofighter has about an even shot at either mission. Slicers are universal damage dealers and Ikk Hikk is a very good option now thanks to just counter invincibility. I'd still say White Beast is a bit better since mother brain's arms are annoying as an acrofighter. Slicer and/or cards to take out the arm is a bit slower than just walking up to Alteraz and pounding him in the chest with Ikk Hikk.

I'm still curious about that. Also when I say that SE is easier than WB this does not mean that WB is hard to me xD WB is easy SE is just easier...

There are only a few missions I would consider "hard" at this point. I ran Bladed Legacy as master force a few days ago and it's still pretty challenging. The regrant modification did soften the blow of the last room a good deal, but there were still times I got blindsided by foie. I don't even consider MAG' to be "hard" just extremely tedious. The mission takes too long, but I'm going to do it in the next few weeks (once I build up the will to do it) to write down the actual total EXP for Aida's exp thread.

Maybe people are starting to realize this, cuz im starting to see alot more players at SE now waaay more than before.

There's a lot more people on right now which is why you are seeing an increase. I actually saw someone else in Seed Awakened on universe 10 when I went there a few days ago. It's been a while since I saw someone else in that lobby on a universe other than 1. I didn't see anyone in Il Cabo when I was running Bladed Legacy, but small steps. :)

Dealbreaker
Jul 31, 2010, 12:39 PM
desturel your post are way to long for my very very shot attention span.

WB sucks end of story. I dont want all those noobs over at SE ether.

WB has and always will be the hot spot on psu. I dont think DM will change that. Sure its a better mission but its still going to be harder then WB and megid will be flying around. Thus scaring off all WB Sheep.

The long and short of it is WB only gets empty during an event. So please segac get us an event :)

pikachief
Jul 31, 2010, 01:20 PM
Im gonna throw my opinion in without reading most of these walls of texts.... (i read some :D lol)

SEED Express in a very good party I can run that in around 6-7 min a run. I don't think i've ever done a white beast run anywhere near that fast.

As ANY class i've played (MF, FM, GM, and GT) SEED Express is like the easiest mission i've ever played. In a party of course.

I Hardly get megid-killed but im constantly getting forzen/sleep on white beast. Ollakas are annoying and so are the frogs.

I've never seen whats so good about white beast other than we have a bow, a head slot that doesnt really even help, and now we have some NUDAIZ LONG SWORDS. You didnt even use the parum ones y would u use nudaiz ones now? :P

(Note: I do enjoy the drops much more at white beast lol but i enjoy the 50-60k exp every 5-6 min instead of w/e white beast gives :P)

SolomonGrundy
Jul 31, 2010, 01:49 PM
AF ran and still runs that mission fine. I have a TA of it on youtube if you want to see how I played it (it was my first run of it too back on US, so I can hardly really call it a "TA" persay).

no shit, really? I'd like to peep that. neat. I have a newman AT, but only level 120.

this is not gasd' too. interesting...

EDIT: can't find it, you have a LOT of videos. can I get as link?

milranduil
Jul 31, 2010, 06:33 PM
Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzLsRvpkIKg

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPdlCzHkB30

It's an 11min run, although I think I could have pulled a 10 with a little work at it.

desturel
Aug 1, 2010, 02:39 PM
SEED Express in a very good party I can run that in around 6-7 min a run. I don't think i've ever done a white beast run anywhere near that fast.

Since wall o' text will remain unread, I'll instead steal other people's youtube videos. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJJxRnKTGLE

Seriously 6~7 minutes with a party of 6 in white beast shouldn't be too hard. :P

milranduil
Aug 1, 2010, 02:49 PM
I do 7 now with Rutsularod lolz

Dealbreaker
Aug 1, 2010, 04:19 PM
I do 7 now with Rutsularod lolz

Ya but we dont have said rod or any of the nice shiny weapons JP PSU has.

Ive ran with some elite people on WB and its always around 10 min a run...

With same elite people we run SE in under 6 mins....

xBULLYDOGG
Aug 1, 2010, 04:40 PM

wow really?
me and a friend managed to shave that run down to 8 mins ._.

milranduil
Aug 2, 2010, 01:42 AM

There are FMs on 360 who can run it in 7...pre-supp I should add.

desturel
Aug 2, 2010, 09:18 AM

Really? I solo it in 12 minutes. I duo it in 8 minutes. And that's with picking up a bunch of garbage your "elite people" probably leave lying on the ground..

milranduil
Aug 2, 2010, 01:30 PM
Well I'm telling you right now, it doesn't take 5 minutes to pick up some meseta and Neptuline lol. Usually, when I am speed running (not necessarily TAing specifically), I pick up most drops I feel are worth it, such as gems (Diad, Tormad, etc), meseta, and 12* ores (neptuline, terseline, etc.). It adds maybe...30 seconds to the entire run? If that?

SolomonGrundy
Aug 2, 2010, 03:14 PM
Part 1:
YouTube- 160 20 MCast Acrofighter Desert Terror S3 11 33 Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzLsRvpkIKg)

Part 2:
YouTube- 160 20 MCast Acrofighter Desert Terror S3 11 33 Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPdlCzHkB30)

It's an 11min run, although I think I could have pulled a 10 with a little work at it.

dammit. I'm retarded. i thought you said "acro TECHER"

Sorry to waste your time. nice vid though

milranduil
Aug 2, 2010, 03:29 PM
lol np

desturel
Aug 2, 2010, 04:44 PM
Well I'm telling you right now, it doesn't take 5 minutes to pick up some meseta and Neptuline lol. Usually, when I am speed running (not necessarily TAing specifically), I pick up most drops I feel are worth it, such as gems (Diad, Tormad, etc), meseta, and 12* ores (neptuline, terseline, etc.). It adds maybe...30 seconds to the entire run? If that?

Boxes be out of the way yo!

Seriously, they put boxes out of the way in most rooms so you have to run in the opposite direction of forward. That and it certainly adds more than 30 seconds to a run. Or are you just talking about picking up whats in your path or opening all boxes and picking it all up?

Besides, I never said I was elite. Just that's how long it takes me solo where as his "elite group" can't finish it under 10 minutes. I find it hard to believe a group of 6 elites can't finish a run (more than 2 minutes) quicker than a single person.

I'll do a few runs tonight and let you know how it turns out (just upgraded my computer with a capture card, so I might as well test it out)

milranduil
Aug 2, 2010, 08:09 PM
I'm talking about what enemies drop. I don't hunt box drops anywhere on JP unless it's boss boxes, which I obviously take time for lol.

dias_flac_0g
Aug 3, 2010, 12:56 AM
Adios is kwel :)

TwistedDragon
Aug 3, 2010, 01:07 AM
I vote for Seed Express I can use my Vijeri/Resist instead of a stupid Sleep/Resist xD. Lets see theres the fun factor of Seed Express and the boring factor of WhiteBeast spammed to death. I also see Seed Express becoming the new White Beast.

desturel
Aug 3, 2010, 02:27 AM
I'm talking about what enemies drop. I don't hunt box drops anywhere on JP unless it's boss boxes, which I obviously take time for lol.

When I said "I pick up everything" what I really meant is "I go out of my way to get boxes that aren't in my direct path and will also backtrack to pick up meseta that I missed previously".

Anyway, I got some video now, but I wasn't aware that my settings were set to MJPEG instead of AVI/H.264 so it will be a while to convert them to a more normal format.

The first (and only) White Beast run I tried took 13 minutes. The first Seed Express run I did took 17 then people joined me so that kinda ended the whole "solo time thing". Not my best run of either mission, but considering I've been doing the R missions for the past week, there were some things I messed up. Me being the lazy type, I'm not going to try and record a perfect run. It's easy enough to see where I messed up and how it affected time. :)

I did, however, record a run using mostly dambarta and gibarta (after another person joined me) to display how much slowdown certain techs cause on the 360 vs the PC in case you were interested.

xBULLYDOGG
Aug 3, 2010, 03:02 AM
When I said "I pick up everything" what I really meant is "I go out of my way to get boxes that aren't in my direct path and will also backtrack to pick up meseta that I missed previously".

Anyway, I got some video now, but I wasn't aware that my settings were set to MJPEG instead of AVI/H.264 so it will be a while to convert them to a more normal format.

The first (and only) White Beast run I tried took 13 minutes. The first Seed Express run I did took 17 then people joined me so that kinda ended the whole "solo time thing". Not my best run of either mission, but considering I've been doing the R missions for the past week, there were some things I messed up. Me being the lazy type, I'm not going to try and record a perfect run. It's easy enough to see where I messed up and how it affected time. :)

I did, however, record a run using mostly dambarta and gibarta (after another person joined me) to display how much slowdown certain techs cause on the 360 vs the PC in case you were interested.
Hey man i could go fighmaster and adios could be masterforce and i would get slowdown :p

desturel
Aug 3, 2010, 09:29 AM
Hey man i could go fighmaster and adios could be masterforce and i would get slowdown :p

I know, but the last time I tried explaining that tech slowdown was a big factor in Xbox PSU, I was called out by Lolitron (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2507400) as making excuses. So it appears that some PC users still don't realize how much slowdown it is.

The worse part is the slowdown didn't exist before the expansion which means that the problem isn't the processing power of the system so much as lazy / poorly done coding. I had hoped they would fix it before the supp update came out, but no such luck there.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 3, 2010, 11:33 AM
I know, but the last time I tried explaining that tech slowdown was a big factor in Xbox PSU, I was called out by Lolitron (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2507400) as making excuses. So it appears that some PC users still don't realize how much slowdown it is.

The worse part is the slowdown didn't exist before the expansion which means that the problem isn't the processing power of the system so much as lazy / poorly done coding. I had hoped they would fix it before the supp update came out, but no such luck there.

That's not the half of it. "Hit" area, enemy/player interference (try meleeing a svaltus, with a close hit PA, like yo-yo daggers). Megiverse. There are a number of crappy changes that Aoti brought in terms of coding.

xBULLYDOGG
Aug 3, 2010, 12:17 PM

at the moment i get slowdown on JP with my own techs because i run on a below gaming par laptop, untill friday were my sexy gaming beast comes to save the day.

desturel
Aug 3, 2010, 12:23 PM
That's not the half of it. "Hit" area, enemy/player interference (try meleeing a svaltus, with a close hit PA, like yo-yo daggers). Megiverse. There are a number of crappy changes that Aoti brought in terms of coding.

I also remember having a discussion with a PC player who stated that if you get hit or block while casting nosdiga, the spell continues to work as long as you hold onto the button where as on the Xbox, nosdiga will fizzle as soon as you block whether you hold the button or not.

desturel
Aug 4, 2010, 10:10 AM
Youtube is very random with saying "unable to convert video file" even though two other files uploaded were using the same codec and settings. After re-encoding two of them finally uploaded.

Anyway, this is how I always run these missions. As you can see I'm not trying to speed run. I pick up pretty much everything and I'm still able to finish White Beast solo within 3 minutes of that magical 10 minute time that a group of "elite players" are able to.

White Beast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl-uK0uPu7I

Seed Express part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyQF7Sb3kIw

Seed Express part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJHWh2oobHA

beatrixkiddo
Aug 4, 2010, 11:53 AM
at the moment i get slowdown on JP with my own techs because i run on a below gaming par laptop, untill friday were my sexy gaming beast comes to save the day.

Did you buy an Alienware laptop?

BIG OLAF
Aug 4, 2010, 01:54 PM
After reading this whole topic, it's become very clear that some take this "Time Attack" crap a little too seriously. Why is everyone in such a rush to do missions? What does it matter if you take a few less minutes? Got an important date? Got to take a piss? Yeesh.

Not trying to start an argument (but I'm sure this post will get flamed tout-suite by all the hardcore "TA"ers or whatever it is they call themselves), but I just don't see the point.

AKA RED FOXX 23
Aug 4, 2010, 02:03 PM
I have to agree with Olaf. I thought this thread was about an examination of two missions seed express and white beast and secondly about why people continue to spam white beast.

BIG OLAF
Aug 4, 2010, 02:06 PM
I thought this thread was about an examination of two missions

It was, originally. Don't worry; this kind of topic derailment is pretty common around these parts. Anyway, my take on the original point:

White Beast gives a bit more experience, but takes a little longer to do than SEED Express. It's a "pick your poison" kind of deal. Slower runs, and more experience, or faster runs, and less?

dias_flac_0g
Aug 4, 2010, 02:08 PM
Yup that's why I ahvent said **** here anymore, people started spamming my topic with nonsense about time attacks and stuff. This is not a time attack topic at all.

I agree with you both. Time Attack has never been my thing and I never understood it either. If anything my guess is just to show that you are better than someone else as a human just for beating a mission a few secs earlier than the other person trying to prove himself as well lmao.

I could very well do TA runs if I wanted to 180 fortefighter beast with all 50% weps and none broken!! Yea!!! How you like me now? =P

Joking aside I do have all that, I just dont care about dumb time attack runs :)

My point for this topic is very clear. Has been since the first page no idea where all this BS about time attack came from in the first place...

xBULLYDOGG
Aug 4, 2010, 02:15 PM
Did you buy an Alienware laptop?

no just a normal office work laptop lol

desturel
Aug 4, 2010, 02:15 PM
After reading this whole topic, it's become very clear that some take this "Time Attack" crap a little too seriously.

Which is why I make it a point to say "I don't time attack" every time I post my times in any thread.

I don't care how long it takes people to do a run generally, but I do find it hilarious that a group of "elite people" are struggling to break 10 minutes on White Beast while touting that they can finish Seed Express in 6 minutes. As you can see from my video above, if I could break 10 minutes solo if I cared to. Sounds like they try their hardest on one run and then just take their time on the other run. Or maybe they use light weapons exclusively on both runs. Who knows.

The point of all of this was "White Beast has more EXP than Seed Express for about the same run time." The reason behind that is the creatures in White Beast are worth more EXP than the creatures in Seed Express.

If Sonic Team feels like re-balancing EXP so that a Deljaban is worth the same amount of EXP as a Gohmon and all of the Kakwane in White Beast are replaced by Sageeta, then Seed Express will be worth more exp for the time spent. Until such a thing happens, people should stop touting Seed Express as the EXP king. It isn't.

desturel
Aug 4, 2010, 02:36 PM
My point for this topic is very clear. Has been since the first page no idea where all this BS about time attack came from in the first place...

I don't know. Maybe it's from some elitist who started crapping on other people's choice of mission. If you are going to get angry at people flashing their time attack e-peen, don't make a "my run is better than yours" thread.

Problem #1
Overall seed express is easier, more fun, better boss drops, and better exp. So I dont know why everyone is still running WB all day

Misinformation. You are taking an opinion and trying to make it fact. You like Seed Express better. Others may not. Why do you care which run they do? There are enough people at Seed Express for you to get a party, so why are you still crying about White Beast.

Problem #2

As ANY class i've played (MF, FM, GM, and GT) SEED Express is like the easiest mission i've ever played. In a party of course.

This is what brought time attacks into it. You (as in pikachief, not dias) say that a good party can finish Seed Express in 6~7 minutes, but a good party can't finish White Beast in the same amount of time or less? It doesn't take a master to fly through White Beast. It's a pretty simple run.

Problem #3
WB sucks end of story. I dont want all those noobs over at SE ether.

Then we get a White Beast hater throwing in his two cents about how crappy White Beast is because his elite crew can't finish it as quickly as they can finish SE. Really? Your elite crew leaves much to be desired.

But now, it's other people's fault for misunderstanding the intention of this well meaning pity seeking support thread for all of those poor lowly persecuted Seed Express runners who can't keep up with the White Beast crowd.

Dealbreaker
Aug 4, 2010, 02:37 PM
I also dont understand TA. It just seems its the only thing most of the high end players have. When i was talking about time on a mission i was just talking about getting it done faster so you can get more exp...

SE is a much faster mission. IMO that makes it much better then WB. The faster the mission is done the faster you get exp or aexp.

Dealbreaker
Aug 4, 2010, 02:41 PM
desturel you post way to much text for me....

Yes im a WB hater i have no problem saying that. The mission is super boring. I dont run it anymore. When i ran it with my "elite" team we were still at the 150 cap.... Im sure now more people could run it faster. I still dont care. :)

SE lobby isnt spam filled and more then not most people are using the right weapons/tech/bullets. Its not filled with the noobs WB has. Not to mention the lobby at WB is always a spam fest. I cant even see anything when i jump in there. No thanks

milranduil
Aug 4, 2010, 02:54 PM
Youtube is very random with saying "unable to convert video file" even though two other files uploaded were using the same codec and settings. After re-encoding two of them finally uploaded.

Anyway, this is how I always run these missions. As you can see I'm not trying to speed run. I pick up pretty much everything and I'm still able to finish White Beast solo within 3 minutes of that magical 10 minute time that a group of "elite players" are able to.

White Beast
YouTube- PSU White Beast GM 176 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl-uK0uPu7I)

Seed Express part 1
YouTube- PSU SEED Express MF 180 part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyQF7Sb3kIw)

Seed Express part 2
YouTube- PSU SEED Express MF 180 part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJHWh2oobHA)

Just a few comments on the GM run (I'm not even going to comment on the MF run just because it's not really my place with the amount of lag you get from various things).

-Try to double shot more. Even if you get a second or two of lag, that's still 2x DPS from single hitting.
-Just attack when nanoblasting.
-Get closer to Alteraz to double shot. You're only hitting about 6 numbers compared to the 10 at point blank.
-The circular boxes that you opened will not drop anything but mates, atomizers, and scapes. Unless you REALLY want/need those...

These are just common things I would try to fix. They aren't specific TAing tips.

To the last few "elitist/TA/lolz" comments, I love how hostile people become whenever TAing is brought up. For the record, there is absolutely nothing wrong with speed running (not to be confused with time attacking). If one has the ability to run the mission the mission in 10 minutes or 13 minutes, why would you CHOOSE to run in 13 minutes when it only involves modifying play style a bit? Or do people enjoy wasting the extra time running each mission they run?

Oh btw

4min WB w/3 people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORQcUl1YZMI&playnext=1&videos=Jitk-G-ZDgM

5min WB w/2 people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0OQtilzCWk&playnext=1&videos=FfmG1SiCFcY

desturel
Aug 4, 2010, 03:06 PM
-The circular boxes that you opened will not drop anything but mates, atomizers, and scapes. Unless you REALLY want/need those...

I know what they drop. It's just habit to open everything. Like I said, I did one run of White Beast and called it a day. Actually I went over to do a Photon Harvest run from there. :)

I'm not even going to comment on the MF run just because it's not really my place with the amount of lag you get from various things

That's actually a bit more slowdown that I normally get. I started using Gidiga more after the update. Before the update I never used it (for obvious reasons). But that slowdown at the boss when attempting to hit the arms is normal. I would do the whole "sit down to avoid pushback" thing, but input is slowed down along with the graphics so you'll usually just end up doing a tech instead of switching to lobby command and sitting down.

I suppose I could make a shortcut command do to it.

Dambarta compounds the problem.

dias_flac_0g
Aug 4, 2010, 03:24 PM
Desturel, I think I made it pretty clear in the first page of my topic that I mostly solo and that I could careless about what missions people are running so obviously no crying here lmao. I did however explain in full detail as to why I made this thread. Maybe you should take the time to read through them insted of trying to take silly low blows at me for no reason xD I wont explain those details any longer though, because they are there for you to read. Next time learn how read properly before calling someone an eliest or any names for that matter :)

desturel
Aug 4, 2010, 03:35 PM
they are there for you to read

Funny for you to say that in a thread where I've received complaints about people not wanting to read. So if there's no elitism going on here, why are we trying to compare White Beast and Seed Express again?

Maybe you should read my first post (the second post overall) in this thread where I explained point by point why I disagree with you.

milranduil
Aug 4, 2010, 03:37 PM
desturel you post way to much text for me....

Yes im a WB hater i have no problem saying that. The mission is super boring. I dont run it anymore. When i ran it with my "elite" team we were still at the 150 cap.... Im sure now more people could run it faster. I still dont care. :)

SE lobby isnt spam filled and more then not most people are using the right weapons/tech/bullets. Its not filled with the noobs WB has. Not to mention the lobby at WB is always a spam fest. I cant even see anything when i jump in there. No thanks

Our runs were done at 160 cap which is not much different from 150 cap.

dias_flac_0g
Aug 4, 2010, 03:53 PM
Funny for you to say that in a thread where I've received complaints about people not wanting to read. So if there's no elitism going on here, why are we trying to compare White Beast and Seed Express again?

Maybe you should read my first post (the second post overall) in this thread where I explained point by point why I disagree with you.

I did and I even showed you respect. I also agreed with a couple of the things you said. Mostly the things I was wrong on mainly the exp thing as a whole.

However I think you totaly ignored most of my other post the one were I explain perfectly why I made this and why I felt the way I did when I ran SE.

Simple, 90% of the psu population runs WB, you said maybe because they want the items that drop there. Then I said fair enough, but i'm sure that only like 10% of those players are the ones who trully want the items themselves. The rest just run it because it's the overal "easy" mission to run and because of the obvious sheep factor in psu.

People wont ever admit to that but I dont hold my tounge for anyone and that's just how it is.

When I did SE I was like "wow if all these players knew that SE was actually easier they would all be here xDD"

You can try an argue with me that this is not the case and that everyone runs white beast for their own reasons, but nahh lets be honest here now they run it for the reasons I mention like 50 times here already. Are there a few people in WB that trully want the items yes of course, but that's just a small percentage we both know this so lets not sugar coat why people run wb anymore is all i'm saying I dont give a **** if they stay there.

This topic was mostly just a "thought" I honestly think you looked waaaaay to into it =P

beatrixkiddo
Aug 4, 2010, 03:54 PM
no just a normal office work laptop lol

I meant the new one, this alleged "gaming beast".

desturel
Aug 4, 2010, 04:18 PM
Warning, wall of text

Let me try to make one thing clear. I play this game because I like it. I'm not out to get the best gear. I'm not trying to post the best time. I honestly don't care if there's an update any given week or not. It's up so I play it.

What I hate is the constant whining and complaining about inconsequential things. Things like "oh too many people are playing White Beast" or "oh we didn't get enough updates this week!"

While people are constantly spamming Sonic Team with whiny little things like that, real problems aren't being worked on. Things like the incredible amount of slowdown on techs such as Gidiga or map based slow down that you notice when you run through a map like Flowery Pursuit. Things like not being able to stand next to a large creature because you will glitch between their legs. Things like certain creatures causing an audio glitch where everything becomes silent until they are defeated (Robots, Booma, Zasharogan, etc).

Things like that affect my enjoyment because they are glitches that should have been fixed a long time ago. They could have been fixed by now if Sonic Team felt any urgency from the user base on those issues. Back when they fixed the Robot slowdown issue, why didn't the fix the audio glitch that was associated with it? Because no one made a really big deal about it, so Sonic Team half-assed the fix. So instead of fixing real issues they listen to the outcry asking for more more more. "Why can't we get more clothing options?" "When will we get Plains Overlord S3?"

I guess it's just me being me in that I don't care about those things. My main character still has the default room and still wears default clothes. Other people care about content over quality. Some people care about both. I just want the game to work the way it did originally. So if it seems like I'm a bit testy about what I consider a non-issue, "Why do people do White Beast instead of Seed Express", it's probably because people don't put the same amount of passion into asking Sonic Team to fix real problems in the game.

Don't get me wrong, some of the tweaks to the game are really nice to have. I like being able to use Regrant without dying immediately. I like limit break Diga and Foie. I like being able to access my common box from lobbies. Could I have lived without them? Sure, but I'm glad they are there. I realize that a game can't remain stagnant and expect to live on forever... well except for Street Fighter II Turbo, MvC2, and 3rd Strike. So I know why Sonic Team does their best to please the most vocal crowd. I just wish the crowd would be more vocal about real issues.

BIG OLAF
Aug 4, 2010, 06:05 PM
To the last few "elitist/TA/lolz" comments, I love how hostile people become whenever TAing is brought up.

Who was being hostile? Not me.

For the record, there is absolutely nothing wrong with speed running (not to be confused with time attacking).

Never said there was. People can do it if they want, I just said I don't see the point.

If one has the ability to run the mission the mission in 10 minutes or 13 minutes, why would you CHOOSE to run in 13 minutes when it only involves modifying play style a bit? Or do people enjoy wasting the extra time running each mission they run?

What does it matter? What am I going to do with that extra three minutes? Make a sandwich? Use the bathroom? I just run missions, I don't really give any thought to "play style", or whatever.

Anyway, all that is neither here nor there. I just don't understand it. I guess I'm not "hardcore" enough, and will probably be scoffed at for stating my opinion, but it's all whatever. I'm not talking about it anymore.

milranduil
Aug 4, 2010, 06:14 PM
If you can't understand using ones time even semi-efficiently, then I can't help you understand anything in this respect.

zombiemoshpit84
Aug 4, 2010, 06:21 PM
Warning, wall of text

Let me try to make one thing clear. I play this game because I like it. I'm not out to get the best gear. I'm not trying to post the best time. I honestly don't care if there's an update any given week or not. It's up so I play it.

What I hate is the constant whining and complaining about inconsequential things. Things like "oh too many people are playing White Beast" or "oh we didn't get enough updates this week!"

While people are constantly spamming Sonic Team with whiny little things like that, real problems aren't being worked on. Things like the incredible amount of slowdown on techs such as Gidiga or map based slow down that you notice when you run through a map like Flowery Pursuit. Things like not being able to stand next to a large creature because you will glitch between their legs. Things like certain creatures causing an audio glitch where everything becomes silent until they are defeated (Robots, Booma, Zasharogan, etc).

Things like that affect my enjoyment because they are glitches that should have been fixed a long time ago. They could have been fixed by now if Sonic Team felt any urgency from the user base on those issues. Back when they fixed the Robot slowdown issue, why didn't the fix the audio glitch that was associated with it? Because no one made a really big deal about it, so Sonic Team half-assed the fix. So instead of fixing real issues they listen to the outcry asking for more more more. "Why can't we get more clothing options?" "When will we get Plains Overlord S3?"

I guess it's just me being me in that I don't care about those things. My main character still has the default room and still wears default clothes. Other people care about content over quality. Some people care about both. I just want the game to work the way it did originally. So if it seems like I'm a bit testy about what I consider a non-issue, "Why do people do White Beast instead of Seed Express", it's probably because people don't put the same amount of passion into asking Sonic Team to fix real problems in the game.

Don't get me wrong, some of the tweaks to the game are really nice to have. I like being able to use Regrant without dying immediately. I like limit break Diga and Foie. I like being able to access my common box from lobbies. Could I have lived without them? Sure, but I'm glad they are there. I realize that a game can't remain stagnant and expect to live on forever... well except for Street Fighter II Turbo, MvC2, and 3rd Strike. So I know why Sonic Team does their best to please the most vocal crowd. I just wish the crowd would be more vocal about real issues.

i feel the opposite is true. minor glitches that nobody complains about is not a"real issue". being behind the JP severs by 14 months is a HUGE issue. if they kept up with the JP servers we would have a much larger player base and more people to speak up about the small things that troble you. i mean no disrespect by didagreeing with you, im just giveing my opinion. as far as im concerned the reason people play wight beast is because they like the missoin and its easy to get a party.

dias_flac_0g
Aug 4, 2010, 06:27 PM
If you can't understand using ones time even semi-efficiently, then I can't help you understand anything in this respect.

I think he understands that using time efficiently is a good thing. However this only applies to the real world not psu. I can make many examples of this but you seem like a smart person so I wont go over them.

Taking this mentality to psu is a bit extreme in my opinion. I mean what do you gain from it? Why must someone stress the time that they finish missions in it? It's pretty ****ing pointless no offense.

Why stress about the time when there's basically no reward? If anything the only reward is "oh I beat that guys time by a few secs..yay me?" get the picture?

Like I said making the most out of your time irl is a good thing but trying to use this mentality in psu is taking it a bit too far xD

That said I too wanna make it clear that I do not care if people choose to run missions blazing fast. It's up to them. If that's how they get their fun then who am I to judge them? I just dont see the point in stressing over TA runs.

milranduil
Aug 4, 2010, 06:50 PM
Perhaps it's a bit extreme in your opinion, but why shouldn't you try to get the most out of the time you spend playing? If it was a free game, I could understand a bit more, but we all do pay every month. I do feel the need to stress the difference between speed running and TAing. For me at least, speed running is when I spam a mission or a group of missions using my knowledge of spawns and how best to play class X to get through the mission while taking the time to pick up the drops that I want/need. When speed running I don't stress about finishing the mission within Y time, I just, well, speed run it lol. TAing is very, very different. This is when I am completely ignoring any and all drops, abandoning and restarting if I screw up a spawn, spamming for the right map, these types of things all to get a good end mission time. I do this on a regular basis, but only like 10% of the time I actually spend doing missions, if that. Most of the time I'm just speed running with friends or solo speed running for rares, or whatever it might be. Other times, I sit and chat for literally hours with friends about things from our jobs, to our family, all sorts of things. TAing isn't a play style lol. This is a common distinction I think a lot of people overlook and simply look at them as the same thing (speed running and TAing to be specific).

zombiemoshpit84
Aug 4, 2010, 08:02 PM
its hard too feel like your wiasting your time if your haveing fun. i sometimes take my time when i solo and i enjoy it. some ppl treat games like a job and some have more fun when they rush. i guess what im saying is as long as you enjoy yourself there is no wrong way to play.

AKA RED FOXX 23
Aug 5, 2010, 06:35 AM
I can appreciate both sides of this deabate. In the end, it all comes down to individual dispositions. If you are running missions for drops or exp, you may want to run with stronger, quicker parties to maximize your time online. In such cases, I completely understand the importance of efficiency. And for some people, an ability to be efficient actually makes the game more enjoyable. Howeever, if you are running missions to level PA's or just enjoy playing the game at any pace, efficiency will obviously be much less important.
Also, one reason why I tend to run white beast on my fighter class character is because the creatures, generally speaking, take a little longer to kill. This is beneficial when leveling striking PAs as you can register more full atttacks per creature spawn than on Seed Express. So while I partially agree with the "flock" theory, I believe there are other pertinent factors that contribute to white beasts' popularity(as stated in an earlier post).

desturel
Aug 5, 2010, 11:29 AM
Perhaps it's a bit extreme in your opinion, but why shouldn't you try to get the most out of the time you spend playing?

I get enough out of it for me to enjoy. If I was worried about efficiency, I definitely wouldn't be playing masterforce. That is the exact opposite of efficiency (mostly due to the slowdown many techs cause). Fightmaster Cast or Gunmaster Cast. That's the most efficient way to do 90% of the runs in PSU. If I was worried about finishing the runs as quickly as possible, my Cast Fighmaster can finish White Beast in 8 minutes. That was before the supp. update and GAS was released. I guess it might take me a bit longer at this point since Jabroga misses now, but I doubt it would take me much longer.

minor glitches that nobody complains about is not a"real issue". being behind the JP severs by 14 months is a HUGE issue.

Again, this is my perspective, however as a person who works as a programmer, many of these problems never should have seen the light of day. The few of them that did come out with the expansion should have been fixed within the first month or so of release, not continue on for more than two years.

To me, your post is like saying "a minor issue like the breaks not working on my Toyota isn't as big of a problem as the major issue of no Blu-ray player being included on the luxury models" or "the minor issue of my computer crashing every time I leave iTunes open for 30 minutes isn't as important as the major issue of me not being able to download the newest single until two days after the release".

RedDragon5839
Aug 5, 2010, 02:53 PM
who ever just runs a single misson all day and every day should really think im paying $10 a month to do one misson?!! i think there is something wrong here.

DuRaL
Aug 5, 2010, 08:34 PM
who ever just runs a single misson all day and every day should really think im paying $10 a month to do one misson?!! i think there is something wrong here.
this!

the other day i ran both, SEED Express and White Beast about 5x in a row in teams with strangers..
and i realised how pointless it had become..

why did i spam those missions just to increase my level on a game where i can't do anything except those 2 missions..?

99% of my friends quit this game long ago, and i was hoping the sup. update might bring some of them back..
but since my friendlist is still empty all the time, i realised how pointless it is to play this game =/

so instead i've played PSO again for the last days, and idk why, but it's so much easier to meet cool people there than it is on PSU x_x
and people actually play more than 2 missions, woohoo..

but to stay on topic.. uhm.. i like SEED Express better than White Beast, but only as long as i don't have to do it more than 3 times a day >_>

oh, and Dias, you play 360 PSU? cool <3
do you remember me? xD

xmoonprismpowerx
Aug 5, 2010, 10:16 PM
White beast and Seed express are both overdone, and about the only places I can find a full party any time of the day. It's sad, really. Most of the other missions don't have comparable mission points and EXP. Seed Express, TO ME, is the place people go 24/7 to get all the perks of white beast, while they say, "Oh, I don't play White Beast." But it's just a mission with most of the enemies the opposite element and... it's pretty much the same thing. Although it's easier on the eyes. I've been running different missions on my own... and the other missions aren't even comparable. I think they need to nuke those two missions, or make other missions worthwhile to play as far as mission points and EXP go. If you want to get something done, you shouldn't HAVE to go to White Beast.

TheAstarion
Aug 5, 2010, 10:26 PM
Sad truth is, if you want to run anything other than the Big Two (and whatever event/new mission is running) you have to be willing to solo. The game is easy enough that this is an option for just about anything, but people who do this will almost invariably fall behind the sheep-kin in terms of EXP, definitely in terms of MP (not so much an issue) and drops... okay, half the time to clear, but 3-4 average party size, drops suffer for sheep parties.

Anyone ever wants to run something completely underplayed like Hill of Spores or Rogues Shortcut, hit me up!

Dealbreaker
Aug 5, 2010, 10:55 PM
Sad truth is, if you want to run anything other than the Big Two (and whatever event/new mission is running) you have to be willing to solo. The game is easy enough that this is an option for just about anything, but people who do this will almost invariably fall behind the sheep-kin in terms of EXP, definitely in terms of MP (not so much an issue) and drops... okay, half the time to clear, but 3-4 average party size, drops suffer for sheep parties.

Anyone ever wants to run something completely underplayed like Hill of Spores or Rogues Shortcut, hit me up!

Ive been thinking about running some Rogues Shortcut... I havent ran that mission in ages.

In fact i dont even have the area on 2 of my characters. I was going to run it with my cast AWESOM-O but he didnt have it lol...

Id be up to running some of these old missions with you guys/gals...

I mostly solo or run with a small group of people. But those said people are not playing as much right now. So ive been stuck soloing.

Anyway anyone wants to run with me hit my GT: beetsmotel
Also please send a message with some of your characters names or post them here.

Here are mine
Dealbreaker 157 MF 19
Karlore 160 FM 20
**Tricks** 105 AT 20
AWESOM-O 180 GM 20

Most of the time you will find me at SE with all the other sheep :D

AKA RED FOXX 23
Aug 6, 2010, 03:46 AM
I have benn trying to find parties for dark god, lightning beast, desert terror, forest infiltration, moonlight beast, and eastern peril. The problem is that people are only at these missions sporatically. Even when I do find a group, I often get insta booted when I join. It is becoming increasingly frustrating that I cant find open parties for these runs.

desturel
Aug 6, 2010, 07:58 AM
so instead i've played PSO again for the last days, and idk why, but it's so much easier to meet cool people there than it is on PSU x_x

I love that people complain about the lack of missions in PSU then bring up going back to PSO which only has 4 mission (version 2 doesn't count ;) ).

I'm not talking about you specifically DuRaL. One of the people I've run with since PSO came out on dreamcast constantly tells me I should play PSO instead. I told him my character's on the official PSO servers, so if the official servers came back (with the endless xmas) I would come back.

dias_flac_0g
Aug 6, 2010, 01:57 PM
this!

the other day i ran both, SEED Express and White Beast about 5x in a row in teams with strangers..
and i realised how pointless it had become..

why did i spam those missions just to increase my level on a game where i can't do anything except those 2 missions..?

99% of my friends quit this game long ago, and i was hoping the sup. update might bring some of them back..
but since my friendlist is still empty all the time, i realised how pointless it is to play this game =/

and people actually play more than 2 missions, woohoo..

but to stay on topic.. uhm.. i like SEED Express better than White Beast, but only as long as i don't have to do it more than 3 times a day >_>

oh, and Dias, you play 360 PSU? cool <3
do you remember me? xD

Though pso only has 4 missions, they have a magic that PSU just lacks overall. I guess it's the fact that you always have the full game and that you dont have to wait for updates for the game itself.

Many hardcore old school players will agree with my statement lol.

Sorry I have no idea who you are :( But yes I do play 360 psu ^_^

dias_flac_0g
Aug 6, 2010, 02:04 PM
I love that people complain about the lack of missions in PSU then bring up going back to PSO which only has 4 mission (version 2 doesn't count ;) ).

I'm not talking about you specifically DuRaL. One of the people I've run with since PSO came out on dreamcast constantly tells me I should play PSO instead. I told him my character's on the official PSO servers, so if the official servers came back (with the endless xmas) I would come back.

Pso as a game itself is "better" due to the reasons I mention in my other post. If you actually played pso back then like some of us you would actually understand however if you did not it's ok.

Also GC pso has 8 missions all completely new xD

GC pso is also considered the best pso out of all the versions. I can throw in Blue Burst which has like 4 new missions too but i'm only gonna count GC pso ep 1 and 2. Nothing beats that pso and psu sure as hell doesn't. Though it only has 8 missions, it always felt like it had MUCH more things to do than PSU ever had.

To makes things even worse for psu in this regard PSO has these things called "quests" which you can take up and do. Plus it also had Challenge Mode.

Psu has many misisons, but no "magic" most missions from the same planet have the same music, same monsters, and same stuff pretty much so it just feels meh. Pso on the other hand all those 8 missions are very unique to one onther. New music, new enemies, totaly new drops, and the missions themselves had two different "beats" the one were you are not fighting monsters and the one when you are fighting monsters like a normal rpg. Plus the music was good too xD

Psu's music is meh at best....

BIG OLAF
Aug 6, 2010, 02:18 PM
Pso as a game itself is "better" due to the reasons I mention in my other post. If you actually played pso back then like some of us you would actually understand however if you did not it's ok.

Also GC pso has 8 missions all completely new xD

GC pso is also considered the best pso out of all the versions. I can throw in Blue Burst which has like 4 new missions too but i'm only gonna count GC pso ep 1 and 2. Nothing beats that pso and psu sure as hell doesn't. Though it only has 8 missions, it always felt like it had MUCH more things to do than PSU ever had.

To makes things even worse for psu in this regard PSO has these things called "quests" which you can take up and do. Plus it also had Challenge Mode.

Psu has many misisons, but no "magic" most missions from the same planet have the same music, same monsters, and same stuff pretty much so it just feels meh. Pso on the other hand all those 8 missions are very unique to one onther. New music, new enemies, totaly new drops, and the missions themselves had two different "beats" the one were you are not fighting monsters and the one when you are fighting monsters like a normal rpg. Plus the music was good too xD

Psu's music is meh at best....

This is semi-related to that thought:

I've noticed that people tend to prefer the game they played first, at least in my experiences. All my friends that played PSO before PSU (obviously a large majority) think PSO is better. On the other hand, people that played PSU first, and then went back to try PSO (myself included), found PSU more entertaining.

Everything about PSO seems so clunky to me after playing PSU. The controls are just so robotic. The only thing I'll give PSO credit for is the weapon/monster variety, and of course, the truly outstanding soundtrack. Even though PSO only has 4-8 missions (which is one of the reasons I didn't get a thrill out of PSO), those 4-8 missions are very unique, unlike PSU's cookie-cutter monsters/missions, and the sub-par soundtrack (save for a few songs).

I just like the free-flow combat of PSU much better than PSO's 1----2----3 combo system (which was rather unforgiving when you messed it up).

desturel
Aug 6, 2010, 03:40 PM
I just like the free-flow combat of PSU much better than PSO's 1----2----3 combo system (which was rather unforgiving when you messed it up).

Play PSO for 5 years or so. You'll be able to do the 1-2-3 combo in your sleep.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 6, 2010, 04:08 PM
PSO was better. The 1-2-3 system is exactly like just attack, and exactly as forgiving.

There are things I think PSU has done very well (like having a real economy), but overall, PSO is the better experience.

Every stat was worth something in PSO. High DFP was useful, as was high EVP, as was high ATA (you could make it so that you did not miss). High HP was useful ('undodgeable' fixed damage attacks)

Section ID meant there was alwasy something to hunt.

Challenge mode was....GASP...really challening.

Debuffs were worth something

Enemies had a more unique feel. (though Pre-Aoti Jarba was a pretty good enemy). Every enemy did not need some cheaty debuff or tech to make them dangerous. (remember the first time you got ganged by a set of Tollaws?)

Some bosses were easy for some classes (the worms met with Rafoie death), other less so...olga flow was hard to pretty much everyone. And that level of seabed was sccccaaary